Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] New version of Flickr's embed code
Latest: 19 minutes ago
Flickr/Yahoo login issues.
Latest: 2 hours ago
Hey there, Flickr Pro, nice to see you again!

Current Discussion

Flickr Upload issues
Latest: 67 seconds ago
what are current review times for accounts marked moderate?
Latest: 25 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 33 minutes ago
New Stats
Latest: 74 minutes ago
AVG
Latest: 74 minutes ago
Downloading all photos fails
How to Adjust the banner up and down in albums
[Official Thread] Updates on tags
ipad
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search
Latest: 3 hours ago
We need STABILITY now ... not new features
Flickr, please put an end to the mass spam-followers!
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] iPhone app help, feedback and bugs

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Staff Update 12/14/2012

For feedback and help with bugs in the new Flickr for iPhone app, please continue to the following group topics (particularly if you are accessing this page on your mobile):

- iPhone App Bugs
- iPhone App Feedback

-------------

Hello all,

If you have any questions, feedback or problem using our iphone app, this is the place to post it.

It is helpful if you can be as clear as possible. Please provide the following information when you report a problem:

-Type and Model of the device
- iOS version
- App Version
- Internet connection Wi-Fi/3G/Edge etc
- Problem description
Posted at 11:04AM, 21 September 2011 PDT ( permalink )
Thea Lamkin (staff) edited this topic 32 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 211 replies in [Official Topic] iPhone app help, feedback and bugs)
view photos

Aimka PRO says:

iPhone 3GS
ios 4.3.5
app version 1.4
currently connected wifi/3G

My previously installed version of the Flickr app was getting buggy. Uploads would fail, items like sets and titles would be forgotten, etc. So I upgraded my old version yesterday. Once done, the new version couldn't find my photos, which was a known bug, and it was suggested (by the app interface in the app store) that a fix was to uninstall and re-install. Well, I did that and now I can't get flickr/yahoo to authenticate. I go through the login process on safari, am told that my yahoo account and flickr accounts are already associated, and there's nothing else to do. Moreover, when I try to log into the mobile version of flickr in safari, it never logs me in, just keeps giving me this same error.

As an aside, I also got this error, prior to upgrading anything, when I tried to authenticate Instagram on my phone a few weeks ago. Just this weird yahoo/flickr login feedback loop. What's the missing piece here?

Also, I checked my general settings on my phone regarding the known location issue, and flickr isn't showing up among the apps in my settings list.

Thanks for your help!
Posted 47 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Decill PRO says:

iPod touch
iOS 3.1.3

any support for iPod touch 1G?
I can't find any offical and 3rd party app for Flickr.

view photos

Steve Costin says:

Does the iPhone app support groups? If so how?

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

Can you please attempt to login to m.flickr.com with Safari on your iPhone? Also make sure that Javascript is enabled for Safari.

- Flickr iPhone app requires iOS 4

- Sorry there is currently no support for Flickr Groups in the iPhone app.
morozgrafix (staff) edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Aimka PRO says:

Yes, and I am still in the same feedback loop with "your Y! aimkagillingham account has already been merged with your Aimka flickr account" but it doesn't actually log me in.

Yes, javascript is enabled.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- It seems that you may have multiple Yahoo IDs. We will follow up via email with some details.

view photos

vickisee photography says:

Buggy! Edits to Photos save 50% of the time. Iphone4 latest version. Please fix!!

view photos

looserkiller says:

I am using the original iPhone. My issue is that your app hangs some times, but not most times. Please help.

view photos

MabelAmber® ***Pluto5339*** Queen of Streetshots PRO says:

Spam reported from looserkiller

view photos

looserkiller says:

Hi, no reply yet?

view photos

Crafty Girl craftylifeandstyle.blogspot.com says:

Your app for iPhone isn't working. Code given missing API_key parameter please repair it. I enjoy this app but this is driving me batty!

view photos

starstreak007 PRO says:

Iphone 4
Newest flickr app version
IOS: 4.3.3

When is flickr going to fix the app to show me ALL my SETS? Or at least allow me to choose the set I want to upload to?
Example: I have sets A-Z. Flickr pics a bunch random-like. ANd it doesn't show me like 10 of them. And I want to add my upload to one of those 10 sets. I can't. This has been a problem since this App came out.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- Please provide following information to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- iOS version
- App Version
- Problem description

- Can you please provide following info and steps that you are taking when app shows that error.
- iOS version
- App Version
- Problem description

- Thank you for your report we are looking into it and will get back to you shortly.
Posted 46 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

vespinonl says:

- iPad
- Internet connection Wi-Fi
- albums only shows 1 folder where other apps show all folders including imported files

view photos

Kathy1243 says:

iPhone4
iOS 4.3.4
Flickr app 1.4.1
WiFi

My comment counts don't update. For example, it will be stuck on four comments, but if I count them myself, there are actually ten. To try to get an update, I log out, but then I can't log back in. After a long time,I get a message saying server stopped responding. Can you please help?

view photos

Prometheus-BD says:

iPhone4
iOS: 4.1
Flickr App: 1.4.1
cellular network

After upgrading to the latest version (1.4.1) it seemed to be working fine till I logged out 4 days ago. Since then I have been trying to log back in but without success. Flickr app opens but as soon as I would tap Recent/You/Contacts it comes up with a message.. "We will now launch Safari so you can login and authorize this application". After I tap OK.. it launches Safari and after having done all that is required and after tapping "OK I will authorize it" .. Flickr app opens but it seems I am on a loop as it would ask me to do all those all over again!!
Funny this is.. it was working fine till I logged off..!!!

view photos

Prometheus-BD says:

Further to what I have just said.... the Flickr page in Safari shows that I have successfully logged in..!!

view photos

Henoo says:

The app is not working it asks to go to the net
Page and when authorizing it
It asks u again to go for authorization

view photos

gene.c says:

I cannot log in my Flickr account by this app.
Will be asked for authorizing cycle:(

view photos

juan_ozuna says:

- iPad 2, black, wifi/3G AT&T
- iOS v1.4.2
- app v1.4.2

Dear flickr (my most favorite photo-sharing site):

Will the official flickr app ever be made universal, so as to look/work/feel properly on the iPad? This would be lovely.

Thanks!

view photos

franz falckenhaus says:

iPhone4
iOS 4.3.5
Flickr app 1.4.2
WiFi/3G

I can't sign in app using Google account as a login..previous version and current have same problem...Yahoo page notified "Sorry We can't sign You right now.. please try again later"

same msg over and over

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

@vespinonl - try updating app to latest version available at AppStore, Flickr App 1.4.2 has support for additional albums

& - We have seen this "stuck in a loop" behavior with some specific 4.1.x iOS versions. Is there any chance for you to upgrade to more recent version of iOS? Also keep in mind that Flickr App 1.4.2 is the latest version compatible with iOS 5

@Henoo - please provide more details on device type, iOS version etc., also see my previous reply.

- thank you for detailed report, we will investigate those issues. Could you please attempt to login to m.flickr.com using Safari on your device? This will help us determine, if issue is related to authentication to Yahoo network or this is a problem related to Flickr App.

- i've attempted to reproduce it with gmail account and was able to login and authorize the app. Could you please check if you are able to login with your gmail account to m.flickr.com with Safari on your device?
morozgrafix (staff) edited this topic 46 months ago.

view photos

franz falckenhaus says:

@morozgrafix
no i'm not able to login to mobile domain prefix m.flickr.com it is redirecting me to m.yahoo.com and then appears same error from yahoo..only when i am opening desktop version on iphone (safari) i'm able to login with google account..

view photos

umarwaqas789 says:

Flickr app opens but as soon as I would tap Recent/You/Contacts it comes up with a message..

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- It seems that problem is not related to the app itself. Can you please check settings for Safari on your iPhone? Go to Settings -> Safari. Following settings should be set:

Accept Cookies = From Visited
JavaScript = On

It also would be a good idea to clear cookies & data
And then reattempt to log in to m.yahoo.com

@umarwaqas789 - can you please provide more details on the error message? Are you logged in and authenticated with the app?

view photos

- PhotoSmith - says:

iPhone 4
iOS 4.2.6
Flickr 1.4.2 (and 1.4.1)
Wifi/3G

Tapping the username in the main screen 'Ken Burns' slideshow of photos from contacts no longer pulls up the details of the featured photo. In fact, there seems to be no mechanism, at all, since 1.4.1, at the least, to view the details for the photos in the start screen slideshow.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- Good catch! Thank you for reporting this. We will get that fixed in next update.

view photos

starstreak007 PRO says:

Newest version of app. Iphone5. Program now randomly crashes when uploading. Just when u fixed it to show all the set folders too. :(. Please fix ASAP if this is a ios5 comparability issue.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- I'm assuming that you talking about iPhone 4S. Thank you for your report, we are looking into that issue. Could you please update us with following details:

Type of connection: WiFi/3G etc.
Your Carrier: AT&T/Verizon/Sprint etc.
Exact Phone Model & iOS version (I'm assuming you have iOS 5.0 at this time)
Photo taken with Flickr App/Native Camera/Other Camera App.

Any other details.

Thank you.
morozgrafix (staff) edited this topic 46 months ago.

view photos

nino63004 says:

I'm running into the same issues.

Connection: wifi and 3G
Carrier: Verizon
Model: white 16gbiPhone 4s running iOS 5
Issue happens regardless of how picture is taken.

view photos

reyonthehill says:

My Flickr install is current (says version 1.4.2 in info and in App Store) however the behavior seems to have reverted to earlier versions since I had reinstalled it a few days ago (after updating the iOS). I had recently deleted the app to clear the cache (the app was 9.4GB; discoverable through iOS 5); it seems the app does not do this automatically and caches every photo and video uploaded and possibly viewed.

My existing app install (1.4.2) only allows 1 upload at a time (not 5) and compresses the video (no HD uploads). I had used the Flickr app for the past year doing both of these things and have relied on them (especially HD video uploads). I'm not sure what has happened.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0, Flickr 1.4.2, Wifi
reyonthehill edited this topic 46 months ago.

view photos

franz falckenhaus says:

@morozgrafix
i've done same before (cleaning cache and data and all options are set as advice..i've getting logon prompt from google and after that when i've fulfill password and username it is redirecting me and transferring some data after google account verification from m.yahoo.com and same problem appears .. :(

i can't find solution for now with it on different ways..

view photos

franz falckenhaus says:

mlogin.yahoo.com/w/login/openlogin/general_error?page=Err...

From this address I've receiving error

view photos

Urch PRO says:

-IPhone 4s
- iOS5.0
- flickr app 1.4.2
- 3G
- Problem: trouble uploading videos from library. get "compressing" progress bar, then asked to input Details (title, desc, etc), click "upload". Then screen goes black & dumped back onto home screen. Nothing is uploaded. tried 4 times. all same results. can anyone help?
Thanks!

view photos

Leniel Mac says:

- iPhone 3GS
- iOS 4.1 (8B117)
- Flickr App 1.4.2
- Wi-Fi
- Problem description:

The app keeps asking me to authorize everytime I click the You button. I authorize and get back to the app automatically and then it asks me to authorize again.

I have already cleaned cookies, caches and Yahoo related databases in Safari configuration.. Closed and reopened the app. Nothing changes...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

view photos

SLR Enthusiast PRO says:

iTouch 2nd Gen
- iOS version
- App Version
WiFi
- Problem description
Photostream does not display properly. Unable to view comments nor rate other's photos; unable to scroll. Full screen mode jitters image while trying to transition. Version 1.4.1 worked! Version 1.4.2 has not worked properly on this device since the update. Please fix this since Flickr App has worked before and now it's close to no good. Thank you.

view photos

Phil Denton says:

- iPhone 4s 32GB (verizon)
- iOS 5.0 (9A334)
- Flickr app v1.4.2
- Internet Connection: 3G
- Problem description:
App crashes to home screen when uploading any number of images. Not adding title or description, no sets or tags, full resolution, include location, public privacy level, don't share on twitter. I can provide crash logs if needed, private message me on flickr.

view photos

dona_rose PRO says:

iPhone 4, carrier AT&T, iOS 5.0 update, Flickr app v1.4.2
uninstalled and reinstalled Flickr app
Cleared cache in Safari
Attempt to log on, goes to Safari, I fill in name and password, it goes to authorization page, I click on "Authorize", and get message "Can't connect to Flickr.com".
I've tried everything I can think of. No luck. Safari can't connect to Flickr.

view photos

~dgies says:

Seeing exact same problem as phil_denton. Same app version and Verizon 4S. Crashes on every upload after sending up a few KB.

view photos

Flickr Staff

michaelpanoff says:

Hi everyone. Our next release will address the upload issues you have been experiencing on your 4s. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience and feedback.

Regarding the login issues. Please try the following:
1) Verify you can log into m.flickr.com using mobile Safari
2) Check Cookies and Javascript are enabled in mobile Safari (iPhone Settings app)
3) Double-tap the home button, tap-and-hold the Flickr app, tap the red "-" (essentially unloads and resets the app, this will not work on a 3G)
4) Try login again
5) Did you tap the big blue Authorize button after username/password?
michaelpanoff (staff) edited this topic 46 months ago.

view photos

mattvandyk PRO says:

iPhone 4S
iOS5
WiFi & 3G (problem exists on both)

App is completely unable to upload even short video clips taken with the 4S. It invariably crashes at some point during the upload either during the "compressing" phase (which it shouldnt be doing to my 1080p HD videos anyway) or the uploading phase. Tried dozens of times with various different clips on 3G and wifi, and it crashes out before completing every time. I have a long, positive history with Flickr, but this means that in order to use the service for video, I need to plug in my phone, navigate to it on my computer, select the video, and upload it the old fashioned way. That's not going to happen. Would rather switch services.

P.S. Note that photo upload (individually and in batches) is working fine for me.

view photos

thruthelookingglass PRO says:

iPhone 3G White. Verizon. With all up to date op systems.... Can no longer respond to comments in my activity stream from my phone.... The comments just end at bottom of page with no way to respond and no comment box. Going up to you at the top simply reloads my photo stream.... This stinks!

view photos

Berni from YVR says:

OK, I could not get the Flickr app for iPhone to authorize -- just like a lot of people here.

I found this link for a work around that worked for me:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/123560/#reply721576246618...

Seriously, Flickr/Yahoo! is this what passes for good customer experience? And you want me to pay for a Pro subscription? I'm not exactly getting a Pro experience with the iPhone App. Or the iPad app... oh wait, there isn't one.

view photos

i_plus PRO says:

Please, develop a universal app to for iPad users too!

view photos

sabine1955 PRO says:

Nach dem update wars vorbei Prblemmeldung intressiert niemanden es ich kann vom iPhone nicht mehr auf Flickr zugreifen schade

view photos

Boating Couple says:

I have the iphone 4s. in my recent activity I can see I have flickr emails but I can not veiw them entirely or reply to them. when someone comments on a photo I can touch the comment, and then it brings me to the photo then I can comment, but with the emails, if I touch the little email envelope it brings me to the persons photo stream...argh how do you respond or view flickr PMS or emails what ever you wish to call them????

view photos

jbnmo58 says:

When I try and authorize my iphone to use the Flickr App or Darksilde it won't connect to flick. It appears to authenticate, moves to the authorization page and errors with "Can't connect to flick.com. The FlickIt upload app appears to authorize. Worked until last night 1031/11.

iPhone 4S
5.0 (9A334)
3G/Wifi
AT&T

view photos

Boating Couple says:

Anyone??

view photos

thebiggfella PRO says:

- Apple iPhone 3G
- Wi-Fi/3G

Hello. I'm trying to log into Flickr on my iPhone using the mobile ap. The ap will only take my Yahoo ID and not my Flickr one which is different.

I logged in with my Yahoo details but it just seems to create a new account with my Yahoo ID as my username. When I go into this account which I have been forced to create, there's no recent activity. It's like it's a new account. I just want to log into Flickr like I do on my laptop using my Flickr username, 'thebiggfella' but the mobile ap won't let me and therefore I can't view my photos. I seem to go round and round in circles unable to use my proper Flickr ID. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Glynn

view photos

Harp&Altar PRO says:

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.0
flickr 1.4.2
Only tried it on WiFi

The app crashes whenever I try to upload a movie taken on the 4S. It will compress the video fine, but the app crashes back into iOS during the upload. The flickr icon will have a red one appear in its corner, but going back into the app everything is normal: no alerts and no sign of the upload. The movies never make it to my photostream.
Posted 45 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Harp&Altar PRO says:

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.0
flickr 1.4.3
Only tried it on WiFi

Seems like the latest update mostly fixed it. I did get one crash during a compression when the phone auto-locked the screen; the app should probably force the phone to stay awake during compression. Otherwise, great job dealing with the issue so fast. Thanks.

view photos

soccerli says:

iPhone 4s
IOS 5.0
flickr 1.4.3
WiFi

Still can not authorize this App after I logged in with correct passwd and user name in Safari, got error message "Can't connect to flickr.com" . Please check what the problem is for such kind of error.

view photos

Ldog187 PRO says:

I have not been able to login using Flickr app on iphone 4. In a login loop that just tells me to login using my yahoo account.

iPhone 4
IOS 5.0
flickr 1.4.3
Wifi or 3G

view photos

Flickr Staff

michaelpanoff says:

- Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely look into it.

- Are you able to log into m.flickr.com using Safari on your phones?

view photos

photosixun PRO says:

- iPhone 4 16GB
- iOS 5.0
- Flickr app v1.4.3
- Internet Connection: 3G or WiFi
- Problem description: feature regression

Hi staff

It seems there is a "feature regression" in the upload module: with previous 1.4.x version it was possible to select up to 5 photos from the iPhone camera roll before uploading them to Flickr, saving lot of time...
This feature is not available anymore and I have to select a photo / go back to the camero roll to select another one...

view photos

Flickr Staff

michaelpanoff says:

- We made a decision to use the default photo picker to allow access to other photo albums, particularly the cloud based photo stream. The picker you mention did not support these other albums, only the camera roll. It is something we plan to revisit in the near future.
michaelpanoff (staff) edited this topic 45 months ago.

view photos

thebiggfella PRO says:

This is all very confusing and not to mention frustrating. I have two yahoo accounts and was logged into Flickr with the wrong one. To log into the correct one via the ap, I first had to delete the ap altogether as I could not find any way of signing out within the ap. I then had to download it again and log in with the correct Yahoo ID.

Surely there should be a way of signing out when you're in the ap? I wasted a lot of time trying to figure all this out. Not good.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

@thebiggfella - On the home screen of the app you can tap on a little "i" in the circle (top left part of the screen). This will take you to "About" section of the app where you can find "Sign Out" button.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- I'm guessing that you are talking about FlickrMail, this functionality is not part of the Flickr iPhone app at this time.

view photos

Hairlover PRO says:

Spam reported at Viview2011

view photos

thebiggfella PRO says:

@ morozgrafix - Thanks for the reply. Maybe it would be more intuitive to have the sign in/sign out button on the ap's home screen? Anyway, I have one more query:

When I'm in the ap and view photos in a set, it only shows the first 40. Am I doing something wrong or is there any way to view the rest of the photos in a set with more than 40? If I go into Flickr the usual way via Safari > bookmarks, I can see all photos in a set, not just the first 40. Thanks. Glynn.

view photos

Flickr Staff

morozgrafix PRO says:

- Thanks for suggestion about moving that button to the home screen, I will bring it up with our design team.

In regards to 40 photos loaded at the time - this is a current limit set in many views in the application. We may end up changing it in the future. To load additional photos in 40+ photo set you should see "Load 40 More Items..." at the very bottom of the set view (when inside of the set and viewing photo thumbnails)

view photos

thebiggfella PRO says:

@morozgrafix: Thanks again for the reply. So, I go into a set with more than 40 photos so that I can see the 40 thumbnails. I then scroll to the bottom of the set but I cannot see the 'Load 40 More Items' option that you mention. Have I got this right? Thanks. Glynn.

view photos

pinopiccie 2 - leaving. Bye everyone and good luck says:

I have iPhone 3G and I have always been able
to see the comments of my images and equally
able reply - not now ! Nothing shows up beneath
the image.

view photos

Nicolas.Spinner says:

- iPhone 4s 32GB
- iOS 5.0
- Flickr app v1.4.3
- Internet Connection: 3G or WiFi
- Problem description: problem authorizing the app with yahoo/flickr account.

Hello,
I have a pro account, and I use my google login to connect to flickr, everything fine wirh my mac.
I can't connect with my iphone when I try to authenticate my flickr app. The app redirect my to the mobile page of yahoo, where I click login with google id, and after I filled every thing, I get a message from yahoo like "sorry we couldn't log you in, try later". But it seams that I'm logged in google after this error message. To me it's clearly a yahoo problem, working with google loggin.
It's not easy to explain, but I hope someone understood it.
by the way I tryed the same with my mac, coppy the link, register on my mac, and sending the link back to my fon, i get the same error from yahoo.
thanks

view photos

Benno6330 PRO says:

Had the same login problem...but had private browsing turned on, and no cookies...
Switched private browsing off and cookies on and no problems....

view photos

Nicolas.Spinner says:

Thanks for the reply, but it dosn't help. I accept cookies automaticly and i'm not browsing privatly. If i copie the link on my mac it tells me the same error.

Please help me with this problem

thx

view photos

charliebmitchell61 PRO says:

I am missing sets on my ipad. They are in my flickr acccount but I'm getting an error when I sync and only 1 of 3 sets is showing up on the ipad. Help....

view photos

{ const } says:

- iPod Touch 4th gen
- iOS 5.0
- Flickr app v1.4.3
- problem authorizing the app with "ymail" domain

Hello, I've tried to login Flickr app with my "ymail" account (a domain under Yahoo Account), but it always said i've entered wrong ID/password. As my Google account have linkage with Ymail, I also tried to login with Google, but it requires me to enter Yahoo! ID. Same problem in Instagram.

It seems that ymail ac is unable to login / authenticate on iOS platform...

User from Hong Kong
{ const } edited this topic 45 months ago.

view photos

coconinoco PRO says:

@morozgrafix and @thebiggfella, I came here with the same issue. There's a grey bar at the bottom of the set's screen and touching that does load 40 more, but there's obviously some text missing.

iPhone 3G
iOS 4.1
Flickr app 1.4.3
WiFi

view photos

ttkclanxbox3602 says:

iPod touch second gen
IOS 4.1

Flickr ver app 1.4.3

I'm having problems with signing in here's problem when goto flickr app when I click on sign in then it takes me to safari I sign in my flickr account then it takes me back to flickr app which it shows me I'm not sign in which I am sign in.

view photos

- PhotoSmith - says:

wrote:

iPhone 4
iOS 4.2.6
Flickr 1.4.2 (and 1.4.1)
Wifi/3G

Tapping the username in the main screen 'Ken Burns' slideshow of photos from contacts no longer pulls up the details of the featured photo. In fact, there seems to be no mechanism, at all, since 1.4.1, at the least, to view the details for the photos in the start screen slideshow.
- Good catch! Thank you for reporting this. We will get that fixed in next update.

Add 1.4.3 to the list -- it still is not fixed in the most recent release.

view photos

Martin Rodalgaard says:

- iPhone 4S
- iOS 5.0.1
- Flickr app v1.4.3
- Problem description: Compressing video uploaded from phone

My problem is that when I choose a video to upload from the library on my iPhone 4S, it does a compression of it right away. Afterwards it shows me a screen asking me: Title, Description, Sets, Tags, and what "Image size" I want, where the only option is "Full resolution".

After the upload, when I click "Download original file" from the flickr webpage, its size is about 21 MB (which is about 1/8 of the original file from the phone). That is not full resolution. There is a huge lose there.

When I upload that exact same video directly from my laptop, and I click "Download original file" from the webpage, its size is correctly 124 MB.

Shouldn't there be an option NOT to compress the uploaded video?

view photos

kit PRO says:

I've been using the flickr app to upload photos for a while -- using the "Take Photo" button. In the past this has always saved the file to my Camera Roll on the phone as well, but in the last few days, it no longer does -- it just uploads the picture it took to flickr without saving a copy on the phone. How do I get this capability back?

view photos

SLR Enthusiast PRO says:

iTouch 2nd Gen
- iOS version
- App Version
WiFi
- Problem description
Photostream does not display properly. Unable to view comments nor rate other's photos; unable to scroll. Full screen mode jitters image while trying to transition. Version 1.4.1 worked! Version 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 have not worked properly on this device since the updates. Please fix this since Flickr App has worked before and now it's close to no good. This is the second time posting this since it is still an issue. Thank you.

view photos

zagy says:

When choosing an existing portrait format image from the library to upload to Flickr it isn't properly rotated after the upload *and* there is no way to fix that in the app

iOS 5, iphone 4
app 1.4.2

view photos

Z-man2010 says:

Iphone 3G
OS 4.2.1
App ver 1.4.3

When uploading photos via the app, Tags either dont appear or the text of existing tags are on top of each other.

Also- is there any plans for the ability to read users profiles in the app or even on the mobile version?

view photos

randallje says:

Downloaded the Flickr app. It states invalid password/ID even though I am on the site via my PC.I had no problem signing in under my usuall username and password on the PC. I think yahoo is having problems with there yahoo ID stuff?

Any ideas?

view photos

muyaad says:

iPhone 3GS
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr app 1.4.3
WiFi

Flickr app crashed down while popping up to initiate an open for the app after clicking OK, I'LL AUTHORIZE IT from safari

view photos

Highers, says:

The app do not show the right views number and never update the view number

view photos

bitow1 says:

iPhone 4

- Problem description
Hi, is it possible to manage multiple flickr account with the iphone app?
Posted 44 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

picpockett says:

I LOVE the app, however these 2 things annoy me:

1. No way to view flickr PRO stats

2. Comments on photos I commented on months ago show up in my recent activity. Need option to turn comments on other prople's photos on/off.

Cheers,
Daniel

view photos

Cachoka Oghenofamilyoutcast says:

i like......................

view photos

Colleen Lindsay says:

Guys, seriously, you need to it together.

There is absolutely no way to log into Flickr from the iPhone, making the app completely useless. Clicking on the "you" button should redirect to a link within Safari, but that link never loads. Copying and pasting the link into an email and attempting to open within my computer browser also brings up a blank page. Clearing the cache and cookies in iPhone version of Safari does nothing.

I've seen at least fifteen different threads in here asking about the same problem. Obviously this is a real bug, For those of us who pay for the Pro service, it's really not acceptable to keep coming back in here every three months to say "Gosh, we're sorry it doesn't work; we're stumped!"

Please fix this problem.

view photos

Ideki says:

iPhone 3GS
ios 5.0.1
app version 1.4.3
currently connected wifi/3G

This app works well but has a few issues.
For example if you try to upload more than 1 video at a time it will stay stuck after compressing the second video and you have to reboot your iphone for the app to get unstuck.
If you upload each video separatly then it works properly.
It could also use a more frequent refresh on the list of contacts.
Other than that it's a great way to put my pictures and video on my flickr account

view photos

Andr3wDavi3s says:

iPhone 4G
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr app Version: 1.4.3

can't login using my Google account. It works fine on the desktop though.

view photos

Finx_1 says:

iPad 2 (Wifi) and iPhone 3GS
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr 1.4.3
Wifi connection
Can't login using Google account but can login fine from the browser.
:(

view photos

iBernshteyn PRO says:

iPhone 4 and iPad ios 5.0.1
WiFi or 3G connection does not matter
Can't login using Google account from any of Flickr 1.4.3, Flickit Pro or FlickStack but can login fron any desktop browser.
login to m.flickr.com from safari iphone also does not work
app reinstall/safari cache clean-cookies delete/iphone restart does not help

Please, HELP
iBernshteyn edited this topic 44 months ago.

view photos

iBernshteyn PRO says:

People! Help!
This is the link I get in safari on iphone after taping signin at m.flickr.com:

mlogin.yahoo.com/w/login?.lang=en-us&.pc=5135&.do...

view photos

jackkevin says:

- iPhone 4s 32GB (verizon)
- iOS 5.0 (9A334)
- Flickr app v1.4.2
- Internet Connection: 3G
- Problem description:
App crashes to home screen when uploading any number of images. Not adding title or description, no sets or tags, full resolution, include location, public privacy level, don't share on twitter. I can provide crash logs if needed, private message me on flickr.
what does hmu mean

view photos

colinshome PRO says:

- iPhone 4S 32GB (Verizon)
- iOS 5.0.1
- Flickr App v1.4.3
- Internet Connection: 3G, WiFi

I'm unable to log into my flickr account. I just got the Flickr app of my iPhone. I tap on "You" in the app, tap on "OK" to launch Safari, Safari launches, & enter my login info. After tapping "Sign in", a page is displayed where it shows that I'm logged into my account in the upper right hand corner, then Safari is redirected to the page asking to allow Flickr but in the upper right corner it now says "Signin" instead of my username.

view photos

angelface42 says:

I got some photos up on my site. But how to delete title
How to delete and start over
How to upload to my gmail home

view photos

shavanni says:

-Type and Model of the device: Ipd touch 2G
- iOS version: 4.2.1
- App Version :1.4.4
- Internet connection Wi-Fi/3G/Edge etc: Wifi
- Problem description:

The photo's description, tags and comments are not displayed.
shavanni edited this topic 44 months ago.

view photos

Allan Chitay says:

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr 1.4.4
I'm using Wi-Fi

I just update the app to 1.4.4 - Every time I upload a Photo it works fine (The upload works fine) but the message "Preparing" never disappear! What can I do!

view photos

Trinidad Pena says:

iPhone 4
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr 1.4.4
I'm using Wi-Fi

When I try to authorize the up, it says can't connect of flickr.com.

view photos

meanewone says:

Hi,

When I click on no thanks during authorization, it switches to AppStore rather than back the Flickr App. Is this a bug or intentional?

view photos

$teveA says:

Type and Model of the device: iPhone 3G
- iOS version: 4.2.1
- App Version :1.4.4
- Internet connection Wi-Fi/3G/Edge etc: WiFi
- Problem description:

The photo's description, tags and comments are not displayed.
App intermittently crashes on start up.
Thumbnails don't all load in one go.
Number of views & comments don't always update.

Why aren't Groups supported in the App?

view photos

Navas PRO says:

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr 1.4.4
I'm using Wi-Fi

When I try to authorize the app, it says can't connect to flickr.com.
Completely unusable :-(

view photos

keneday says:

iPhone 4
iOS -latest
flickr 1.4.4
Wifi

I really don't understand the negative stuff on here - i'm new to Flickr and almost didn't download the app given all that had been said.

I have - and its fine - no crashing - all tags displayed -contacts available.

thanks Flickr - and Yahoo

view photos

kleinerdrei says:

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.0.1
Flickr 1.4.4.
3G / WiFi

I just downloaded the app a few days ago, and can't get it authorized ...
When it takes me to Safari, I log in via google, everything works fine and at the end it says I'm logged in, BUT is see some lines of HTML-Code in the main-area of the page and the code says something about getting the new ANDROID app ... it obviously redirects to a wrong page ... in my case: m.flickr.com/#/android-upsell-modal

so ... what can I do to get the app authorized and to be able to use it?
also if I want to get instagram connected to flickr, it's basically the same issue

could it be that the log in issue is connected with the iPhone 4S (kind of looks like it when you read through the latest posts)
Posted 43 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 211 replies in [Official Topic] iPhone app help, feedback and bugs)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads