Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Seeking input] Flickr/Yahoo login issues.
Latest: 69 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search (Beta)
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Uploadr for Mac (Beta)
Latest: 3 days ago

Current Discussion

wrongly informed about credit card exipry by flickr
Latest: 19 minutes ago
API - Get Authorization Token for Webapp (AJAX?)
Latest: 38 minutes ago
Old Flickr Accounts that I cannot access
Latest: 84 minutes ago
Advanced Slideshow - who designed it?
upload issues
Add photo to group stopped working
Latest: 3 hours ago
NOT FIXED So called "You seem to be using an unsupported browser"
Latest: 4 hours ago
Group Pending Pictures
All my photos have been uploaded on flickr without me knowing!! scary :O
m.flickr.com error
Latest: 5 hours ago
Flickr freezing
Latest: 5 hours ago
Flickr gmail account sign in no longer works
Latest: 7 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official topic] Logging In with Facebook ID and Google Account - Bugs

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello Flickrverse,

In October we enabled sign up using Google ID. Starting today, you can also sign up using Facebook. Existing users can also now login using Facebook or Google!

For info on how check out these FAQs:

How do I sign in using Google or Facebook?

I setup logging in with Google/Facebook on the wrong account.

If you have general feedback about using a Google account or Facebook ID to create a new Flickr account, or log in to Flickr, please instead post to the Official Feedback topic.

Thanks!

edited: typo

Update: Mobile login and registration doesn't currently have all of the new features. We are working on this. Please see this post for information on what is different.
Posted at 2:25PM, 20 January 2011 PDT ( permalink )
eMiLy @_@ (staff) edited this topic 52 months ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 127 replies in [Official topic] Logging In with Facebook ID and Google Account - Bugs)
view photos

kitby says:

I'm mildly confused by the following FAQ: I currently sign in with a Yahoo! ID. Can I switch to a Google account? The answer there is "no," apparently. Yet, in the How do i sign in using Google or Facebook? FAQ, there are clear directions for how to link a Google account with an existing Flickr account that uses a Yahoo! login.

The end result seems to be that both the Yahoo! account and Google account can be used to sign into the same Flickr account? Is that the intended behavior? Either way, I'm having trouble reconciling the two FAQs.
Posted 52 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

kitby says:

Also, minor nitpick: The "I" in "How do i sign in using Google or Facebook?" (i.e., the third word) should be capitalized. The typo is present in the original post for this thread and on the FAQ page itself.

view photos

RubyMae says:

I just posted the same thing in the feedback thread (wasn't sure if it was a technically a "bug").

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi kitby,

We are cleaning up the old FAQs now, see Zack's respond here:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625744349385/#reply7...

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Fixed this also, thanks kitby!

view photos

RubyMae says:

Another FAQ bug?

view photos

davе says:

Welcome back to Flickr!

We're sorry, but there's a problem.

Here's what going on:

The email address (redacted) is associated with the existing Flickr account: davе.

Here's what to do:

If you are trying to access your davе Flickr account, please sign in to Flickr again with your (redacted) Yahoo! ID.
If you are trying to create a new Flickr account for (redacted yahoo ID), you need to first remove the (redacted) email address from your davе Flickr account. (You'll need to sign in to Flickr with your (redacted yahoo id) to do this.)
i trieded to sign in with my google but it didn'ted let me. got the above in place of step 5

:-(

view photos

elementalPaul says:

I associated my Google ID with my Flickr account and, when I try and log in with my Google ID after fully logging out of Yahoo, all I get is an endless loop of:

Here's what going on:

The email address [my Google email address] is associated with the existing Flickr account: elementalPaul.

Much the same as davе above. What's going on is that I'm confused as hell and can't log in with my Google ID.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Try logging into Google first (eg, gmail or gdocs, etc.) and then launch Flickr. When you click "sign in with google", it should recognize that you are signed in already and sign you into Flickr automatically.

At least, that's my experience so far.

*edit to add*
I'm not experiencing any looping even if I sign all the way out and then back in via my google id.

But that might be related to the issue I mentioned before where my account says I'm logged into Google but then displays a different email address and not my google login?

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Brenda Anderson - I tried that and got the same response. It looks to me as though I'm trying to log in to a whole different Flickr account but can't because the Google email address is already associated with my elementalPaul account. I only associated my Google account with my Flickr account today but that shouldn't make a difference.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

It does sound like it's trying to create a new account.

Are you sure you didn't do that as it warns in the FAQ? (the screenshot with the giant red warning sign on it?)

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Yes I did see that screen where I'm asked to put in my date of birth.

Hmmm, I'm not exactly a Flickr newbie and if I can stumble into that trap that suggests to me the warnings need to be clearer. How many people are going to read the FAQ before they get to that stage?

I guess I'll be sending off for help by email to kill my malformed new Google Flickr account.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

I wonder if you remove your gmail address from your current account, you should be able to complete the creation of your new account... and then once it's completed, just delete it? Might not need to involve staff then.... but I've never tried that.

Oopes, just read this:

Also, if you accidentally created a second account don't delete it! If you did, you will need to write into us to have us unbind Facebook/Google from that account.

view photos

davе says:

still can't get it to work. it's fine until step 4 then it just spits out the message i typed in my last post. didn't create a second account at any point.

only thing i can think of is the gmail account i'm trying to link / attach / whatever is already my primary flickr email address.

view photos

The Searcher says:

I doubt that's it, as my google email is my Flickr primary, yet the switcheroo went without a hitch (except I got that screen the faq warned me about.)

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Brenda Anderson - oops indeed, that's what I've just been doing trying to do for the past 15 minutes :-) What was I saying about help by email again...

view photos

Christopher Chan says:

Hi Emily - As requested, here are the steps that I've taken :

1. Sign out of Flickr (previously signed in using Yahoo ID)
2. Clicked Sign In
3. Clicked Sign in as a different user
4. Clicked on Sign in with Facebook

This is the error message that I keep getting at this stage :

You have signed into Yahoo! successfully. However the connection between your Facebook account and your Yahoo! account failed. To re-connect, please sign out and sign in with your Facebook account again.

I've tried this process multiple times but keep getting the same error message.

view photos

Joe Shlabotnik says:

- You have signed into Yahoo! successfully. However the connection between your Facebook account and your Yahoo! account failed. To re-connect, please sign out and sign in with your Facebook account again.

I'm having the same exact problem with connecting Facebook.

- The email address [my Google email address] is associated with the existing Flickr account

I'm having the same exact problem with connecting Google.

:-(

view photos

Joe Shlabotnik says:

- Hmmm, I'm not exactly a Flickr newbie and if I can stumble into that trap that suggests to me the warnings need to be clearer. How many people are going to read the FAQ before they get to that stage?

Looks like I fell into that trap, too. I tried setting up my Google and Facebook connections before I even knew there was a FAQ about it. I just noticed the buttons when I signed in today and went for it.

There really needs to be a clear "DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A FLICKR ACCOUNT?" button when you try to sign in with your Google or Facebook accounts for the first time. Or else there's going to be a lot of time spent pulling fellow users out of that trap.

So what do I do now?

view photos

elementalPaul says:

- help by email to uncouple the account(s) as per this FAQ:
www.flickr.com/help/signin/#9538181
elementalPaul edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

Marline0919 says:

After joining my Google ID to this Flickr account (which was created with a Yahoo! ID), I signed in without problems using my Google ID.

However, when I signed out, there was nothing on the resulting page saying that Flickr had signed me into Google too, and nothing to click in order to sign out of Google.

I was presented with the normal option of "Sign out of Yahoo! also?", which I did. Later, it appeared that I was still signed into all my Google accounts.

Secondary bug:

When came back to Flickr to sign in again (using my Google ID), there was no check-box asking if I want the site to remember my log-in.

Does this mean that people signing in with a Google ID will have to enter the email & password every time? This kind of makes it pointless.

view photos

Marline0919 says:

"there was no check-box asking if I want the site to remember my log-in."

Okay, the checkbox is there now. :-)

But shouldn't this just bring me straight into Flickr next time I arrive? Instead, I still have to click the "sign in with Google" button each time I come back...

When I clicked "remember this sign in" with my Yahoo! ID, I could just return to Flickr and be signed in.

view photos

^M.w says:

Another possible bug, I changed my Yahoo ID to use a Google login now. My previous Yahoo ID was also linked to my Facebook account. Now it appears I need to relink this and when I try I receive the following

"This account has already been linked to a Yahoo! account. Click here to learn more."

The link redirects to help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/linked/editcredential-01.html

I'm however unable to login with my previous Yahoo ID as it has now been replaced with the Google Account.

Anyone else experiencing this?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

I changed my account to a google login. I didn't touch my Facebook integration settings and they are still working fine. My Yahoo ID was linked to FB since that was offered.

So, no, I'm not experiencing any problems. What made you think that you needed to relink?

view photos

^M.w says:

If I need to make changes to the linking in the future I won't be able to correct on the Yahoo Side? The account will always state it's not connected even though it really is as you stated. This should be fixed.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

You haven't replaced your login with Google. You've only *added* it as an alternate signin. You are still actually signed into Yahoo when you sign into Flickr (unless you *created* your flickr account with google).

Try it. Sign out and then sign in with your yahoo id. It will still work.

view photos

Rd at the Lodge says:

I have tried and retried to get my gmail hooked up with the flickr but I just can't do it...I went to the faq and did what they said but when I get to the create a new name for the account that I have, there is not a signin in the top right cornor as you show in the illistation I've been at this for three hours and about had my fill for now, is all this because I have a sbcglobal address with my flickr is it that it doesn't work with att yahoo

view photos

contemplicity says:

I've been signing in with my Google account for a while now.
Today when I tried to log into my Flickr account using my Google account, I received the following message, "The email address [my Google email address] is associated with the existing Flickr account."
I had to sign out of Yahoo completely and then back in just using my Yahoo! ID.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

This thread's title:
"Logging In with Facebook ID and Google Account - Bug"

Should "bug" be singular?

view photos

Stacey Conrad says:

I have the same issue as others in this topic. When I try to log into Flickr with my gmail address I get

We're sorry, but there's a problem.
Here's what going on:

The email address @gmail.com is associated with the existing Flickr account: .

I tried removing my gmail email address from my account and adding a different email address, but then when I try to log in with the gmail account it tries to create a new account for me.

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Stacey Conrad - sounds like you've done the same thing as me and accidentally started to create a new Flickr account.

Part of the problem is that it seems to be all easy to accidentally create a new Flickr account. Intuitively I'm thinking that I'm trying to log with my Google ID so why would I be asked for my Yahoo password?! The way I see it I've added my google email address to my account and verified it. All I should have to do to log in to my Flickr account after that is put in my google log in details, otherwise I would just log in with my Yahoo details.

view photos

Stacey Conrad says:

ElementalPaul - I made sure that I did NOT create a new Flickr account, but perhaps "started to create" is the best way to describe it. It is incredibly frustrating for something that seemed like it would be so simple to do.

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Stacey Conrad said:

It is incredibly frustrating for something that seemed like it would be so simple to do

Agreed. When I realised I'd started to create an account by accident (there's no clear indication given that that is what you're actually doing) I went ahead and finished creating the account and then immediately deleted it. Turns out that was the wrong thing to do (see this FAQ) but since you have to contact staff via help by email whether you delete the account you created by accident or not the point seems moot.

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

"Should "bug" be singular?"

I also just noticed (someone else pointed out to me) that "Official" is misspelled in the topic's title.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Marline0919,

Currently, when members sign in with Facebook or Google ID, they still have to log out from their Facebook or Google account separately. "Log out of the Yahoo! network" does only mean Yahoo! network only. See Zack's reply here:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625744349385/7215762...

"But shouldn't this just bring me straight into Flickr next time I arrive? Instead, I still have to click the "sign in with Google" button each time I come back..."

While you navigated away from Flickr, did you use other Yahoo! product (for example, Yahoo! mail) with your Yahoo! ID?

Hi Rd at the Lodge,

Can you provide exact steps taken that led to the problem you're experiencing?

Hi contemplicity,

Can you follow these steps to sign in and let us know if there is any problem occurs:

- Sign in to Flickr with your Yahoo! ID

- Log out from Flickr

- Select sign in again, but this time choose to sign in with your Google ID

Hi Wil,

Fixed the typo, thanks!

view photos

Marline0919 says:

"While you navigated away from Flickr, did you use other Yahoo! product (for example, Yahoo! mail) with your Yahoo! ID?"

I assume this was directed at me, since it followed a quote of my last comment.

No. I don't use Yahoo! for anything other than signing into Flickr, and never have. This was the whole reason I wanted the Google ID as a sign-in.

However, it appears the "remember this signin" checkbox does not actually remember that I'm signed in when using Google. (It has always remembered that I'm signed in when I log in with Yahoo!)

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

"Fixed the typo, thanks!"

Just one of them. :-) "Official" is still "Offcial." :-)

My apologies for being nitpicky...

view photos

Marline0919 says:

Further:

Interestingly, it *does* leave me signed into my Google accounts though, which is disturbing...

To clarify (hopefully):

The "remember this signin" checkbox does remember my Google ID and password; I don't have to enter them again. But when I close the browser and reopen it, I have to click the "sign in with Google" button in order to be signed in. (This is something I didn't have to do when signing in with Yahoo and checking the tick box.)

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Marline0919,

Thank you for details, we will look into this.

view photos

FluidJax says:

When I try to link Aperture to Flickr (Account created using a google account) I get
"Oops! There's no api_sig parameter"

However I can link Aperture to a normal yahoo flickr account.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi FluidJax,

Thanks for the report, we are working on it.

view photos

Marline0919 says:

Thank you, Emily.

Further Note: The "remember this signin" check-box doesn't always appear for me...

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi FluidJax,

The problem you reported is now resolved. Please let us know if you see otherwise.

view photos

Jason C. Hansen says:

I cannot login to my existing Flickr account with Facebook or Google. I would like to enable the Facebook share option as well. I think my Facebook and Google logins created new accounts.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Jason,

If you created a second account with your Facebook ID by accident, please contact us via help by E-mail and we will be able to unbind the account for you.

Please see this FAQ:

www.flickr.com/help/signin/#9538181

view photos

Jason C. Hansen says:

Is that why I cannot enable Facebook share?

view photos

FluidJax says:

HI eMiLy @_@,
All working for me now, many thanks for the fast fix.

view photos

iquanyin2 says:

neither google nor facebook works. flickr says that the problem with google is it can't connect to a flickr account called "i-quanyin." not surprising, since that's not my account (iquanyinmoon is my account.)
so i'm gonna stick my neck out here and say that's likely the same problem facebooks having.

also: i already am sharing my flickr stream to facebook, so the account has already linked in some way. the whole thing here is confusing.

yahoo knows who i am, tho, and flickr too, because it goes ahead and logs me in using flickr and/or google, its just that it won't go any further with the linking, instead throwing up an error page.

update: a mail went to my gmail saying i'm now connected and can login with google. god knows it its true, or if the error page was an error, or what the hell.
iquanyin2 edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

derPlau says:

I've tried several times, and I'm having the same problem someone mentioned about halfway up the thread. Whether I'm trying to link of Facebook or Google, I get the following message:

You have signed into Yahoo! successfully. However the connection between your Google account and your Yahoo! account failed. To re-connect, please sign out and sign in with your Google account again.

I haven't seen any response to this problem. What's going on?

Update: I got a similar-seeming message a couple of weeks ago (and again just now) when I tried to link my account to Facebook with the "Sharing & Extending" link on my Accounts page: every time I try I'm told, "Sorry, we are having trouble linking your Facebook account right now. Please try again later."
derPlau edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

João de Vasconcelos says:

Hello!

The iPhone app login hasn't been updated yet, so we can only sign in with ou Yahoo ID or Google ID.

I downloaded the app and cant do anything with it.

Thank you!
João de Vasconcelos

view photos

annelivia says:

You have signed into Yahoo! successfully. However the connection between your Google account and your Yahoo! account failed. To re-connect, please sign out and sign in with your Google account again.

Me too!

I've tried on different browsers, but no, no luck at all. I can't even 'log out' as it doesn't recognise me as logged in when that happens...

view photos

kitby says:

Bug: Flickr page opens in wrong window.

Steps to reproduce: (tried in Google Chrome 8.0.552.337)

(1) Clear cache, cookies, everything. The idea is to log out of everything.
(2) Log into Google. Select "Stay signed in."
(3) Visit directly a page on Flickr that requires me to be logged in, e.g., www.flickr.com/photos/me/stats .
(4) In the browser window will appear the various login options.
(5) Select Google to sign in.
(6) A pop-up window appears. Stuff flashes by. Eventually, the Flickr page I was trying to visit appears in the pop-up window. Screenshot.

Expected behavior: The Flickr page I was trying to visit should appear in the main browser window.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi iquanyin moon & Piia Anneli,

Can you clear your browser cookies and try binding your account following these steps:

www.flickr.com/help/signin/#4945080

If you are still having any issues, please provide the exact steps taken that led to the problem you're experiencing. Thanks!

Hi derPlau,

It looks like there is a piece of information missing in your account which caused the problem to link your Flickr account with Facebook. I will have our team correct that for you.

Hi Kitby,

Thank you for the details, I will file a bug ticket for it.

view photos

Brendan =) says:

I'm trying to login using my flickr apps on android.
- Flickr Upr (www.flickr.com/services/apps/72157625202641876/)
- JustPictures (www.flickr.com/services/apps/72157623117731177/)
- FlickFolio (www.flickr.com/services/apps/72157625324182663/)

Now that I'm using a google id, JustPictures and Flickr Upr is giving me Oops! There's no api_sig parameter"

FlickFolio authenticates ok, but will not download any photos (this may be a bug in the app).
Brendan =) edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

♥ iloverilakkuma ♥ says:

I currently have a Yahoo Sign In for my Flickr account.
I want to link my Google ID so I can sign in with Google in the future.
I followed the directions in the FAQ (www.flickr.com/help/signin/#yesido) for people who ALREADY HAVE A FLICKR ACCOUNT:

I signed out of flickr
I clicked "sign in with google ID"
I input my google info

however, instead of getting the page where I can select I already have a YAHOO ID,

it brings me to the "create new flickr account" page!

I DO NOT want a new flickr account

I want to Associate my GOOGLE ID with my YAHOO FLICKR ID

HOW DO I DO THIS???
none of the comments explain this...has anyone else had the same issue?
thank you

view photos

RubyMae says:

kitby There's already a bug thread in the Help Forum for that bug (getting stuck in the sign in pop up window instead of flickr opening in the main browser). That was happening before the google/facebook linking to Yahoo feature.

Edit: It was reported here: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625261778602/#reply7...
RubyMae edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

Brendan =) says:

@iloverelaxbear
Try going to this url www.flickr.com/account/transfer/ , choose use existing yahoo id, login using your google account and that should transfer your existing flickr account from yahoo id to google id.

view photos

RubyMae says:

m.nibbles Spam reported

view photos

pq says:

I've changed my account to use my Google acocunt and now am trying to use the official Flickr app on my iPhone for the first time (I cleared out all cookies/the cache first just in case)...I get sent to Safari to authorise the app, click the option to sign in with the Google account, all seems well, but then, once authenticated I get to a screen which says:
-------------------------------------------
Oops! An Error has occured.

An external application has asked to link to your Flickr account, but failed to include all the necessary information. Specifically:

missing api_key parameter
--------------------------------------------
Looks like there's a problem with the data being posted to the page from the app?

view photos

Wana55 says:

Nice feature, but I rather stick to yahoo pass.

view photos

Jorge Humberto R. says:

Hi, i just downloaded the flickr app for iphone, and i use my facebook account to log in, but..... apparently you can't log in the iphone app with the facebook account, there are no input cases implying facebook ... what should i do?

view photos

RubyMae says:

New spam reported (although, old spam is still standing...)

view photos

elementalPaul says:

Spam reported again (for what it's worth).

view photos

RubyMae says:

Well, the new spam was removed (although the old spam is still standing). Odd.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

pq, we haven't had any other reports of that and I wasn't able to replicate. Can you try again? if it happens again let us know.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

There are some differences with the mobile login though.

Mobile login doesn't yet have all of the new features of the main login. Currently it isn't possible to register with Facebook/Google or to bind your account through the mobile interface. It also isn't possible to login using Facebook. We're working on bringing the same functionality to mobile login.

In the mean time, if you want to register an account using Facebook/Google on your mobile you can switch to the full login by clicking "flickr.com" at the bottom of the screen. This will switch you out of the mobile site and let you register using that flow.

Unfortunately there isn't a work around for logging in via Facebook but we are working on resolving this.

view photos

djsoundguy says:

I can't log in using the FB login.

I get an error message stating that login was successful, but linking to FB was not. It then goes onto state that I should log out of yahoo and re-log in. It never works. Actually, even tough the error screen states that log in was successful, it in fact never is It doesn't log me in at all.

view photos

BrentDPayne says:

I am using a different email address for Facebook than I am for Yahoo!. I use my bdpayne3 at yahoo account for Yahoo! and my bpayne at gmail account for all my Facebook account. (Yes, both email addresses are publicly known, so I don't care about the sharing of them here.)

Can you please make sharing from Flickr to Facebook and Facebook to wherever you want available for my account?

I just keep getting the error that states "We can not link the accounts at this time" (or something like that).

Please contact me when you fix it (Flickr Message, FB Message, email to either accounts, etc.).

Thanks,

Brent D. Payne
The Bald SEO

view photos

pq says:

@zack - yes, this is still happening (even if I log out of all flickr/yahoo services on my iphone and delete the cache/cookies). The iPhone app version is 1.3.0 and, though I don't think it'd make a difference, I'm from the UK.
pq edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

bigfosty says:

Yahoo has signed me into somebody else's account and I can't even get to my own account! HELP!!

view photos

bigfosty says:

The above comment/question isn't me! I AM NOT BIGFOSTY!!!!

view photos

Wil C. Fry says:

bigfosty:

You are being helped in the other thread you started:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625777962225/

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi pq,

The iphone app log in problem has been resolved. If you continue to experience the problem, please let us know by replying to this topic.

Thanks!

view photos

pq says:

Hi Emily - still the same problems, I'm afraid (I terminated the Flickr and Safari apps and then deleted the cache and cookies before trying again)...

view photos

vnz6890g3259768wvnz0erhvn59vz68trhvkinz598vnz90h9 says:

Hi, I just want to report a problem regarding the new google id login and the flickr customer service. The problem is outlined here. I'm tired to write again and to get premade textblock replys that are not current anymore. It was not helpful to try the help by e-mail approach as suggested, maybe the staff which reviews this forum is more able to help. Thanks.

view photos

AMITPATEL/from-KHERVA says:

Kherva

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

: Sorry for the confusion. I will send out your unbind request today.

view photos

Andreas. says:

@eMiLy @_@ Thank you, now its working as expected :)

view photos

dad_norizou says:

Hi team, I also encounter unable to share w/facebook. Do we have sitll problem to relate between facebook and flickr? Or, my account has problem???

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi dad_norizou,

What error message did you receive when you try to link your Flickr account with Facebook updates?

view photos

dad_norizou says:

Hi emily,

error message is following.

Sorry, we are having trouble linking your Facebook account right now. Please try again later.

can you check my account?

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi there,

It looks like you created a new Yahoo! account with your Facebook log in instead of linking it to your current account. I am going to send out an unbind request for you and it should be fix by Monday.

view photos

Lekke says:

Hi Emily,

I wanted to link my Facebook and Flickr accounts. I'm not a newbie at this, but Yahoo got me spinning around in circles for 10 minutes (which got me rather frustrated).

I ended up creating a new Flickr account via FB login, and even tho I immediately deleted it, when I now try connecting my real Flickr account to my FB, I get the message "This account has already been linked to a Yahoo! account. "

Both my Flickr account's primary email and my Facebook primary email are the same. Can you help?

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Lekke,

I will send in an account unbind request for you which will delete the new account you created with your Facebook log in.

view photos

g.donghia says:

Hello

I've a pro account since months and this is the first time I face this issue:

- I sign in with my google account

- It redirects to : open.login.yahoo.com/openid/yrp/error?code=100&

- Error message: Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one.

- My flickr id is: giuseppe.donghia

Could you please let me know what should I do to make it works?

Thanks
g.donghia edited this topic 52 months ago.

view photos

Elena Roman says:

i have problems to submit the request license getty?
and i cannot join the pool callartist grup

view photos

RubyMae says:

This thread is for bugs relating to signing in with Google.

Your request isn't related, so you need to start your own help thread.

view photos

Flickr Staff

marssy says:

Hi dad_norizou,

We have unbound the new account that accidentally was created. Please go ahead and try to link your Flickr account to your Facebook account so you can share your content with Facebook. To do so go to sharing and extending at:

www.flickr.com/account?tab=extend

view photos

Flickr Staff

marssy says:

Hi Lekke,

We have unbound your Facebook account and deleted the new account that was accidentally created.

You can go ahead now and try to link it again.

view photos

Flickr Staff

marssy says:

Hi there g.donghia,

I will send you an e-mail with the steps to follow so you can regain access to your account.

view photos

giuseppe.donghia says:

It worked! Thanks marssy

view photos

Flickr Staff

marssy says:

@ giuseppe.donghia, Yay! thanks for letting us know.

view photos

Morgan C says:

I keep getting an error when I try to link my Aperture to my Flickr account. I have a relatively new account on Flickr that I created with my google information. So when I try to link my Aperture to Flickr, it takes me to a login page where I choose "login with google" because I don't have a yahoo login, and my account is accessed through google login. Then when I try to sign in, I get this error window popup: "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one."

Has been happening like this ever since I first tried. Any advice?
Posted 51 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

RubyMae says:

I posted this in the feedback thread, but as it seems to be a bug, I guess it more properly belongs here (sorry for the double-posting):

Related to a bug that Brenda reported in the feedback thread:

As I commented here when I view my account page, under personal information, next to "Your Yahoo! account" it properly shows You are signed in to Flickr via your Yahoo ID (original yahoo id redacted)

When I view this page it says Your Yahoo ID (***************@gmail.com)

...is currently connected to...

Your RubyMae Flickr account

I never associated my gmail account with my flickr account; I've never signed in with my gmail account. I've always signed in with my original yahoo id. I don't even have the gmail address listed as an e-mail address within flickr.

view photos

n1l2jee3 says:

I'm having the same problem, RubyMae. It linked both my Gmail and my Yahoo accounts when I didn't want to because I wanted two separate accounts. Now I can't log in to the account associated with my Gmail; it keeps logging me into my Yahoo one!

view photos

RubyMae says:

That's actually a different issue than mine (I don't actually have a gmail account associated with flickr - I don't know why it's listing one).

It sounds like you need to contact staff directly so they can unbind the accounts for you and get the log-ins straightened out. You can reach them using email. Use the "Get Help" link at the bottom of any page; choose an appropriate category (in this case "logging in") then use the "help by email link." Staff should be able to sort things out for you.

view photos

n1l2jee3 says:

I did email them but then I got a badly-written email saying that my accounts were never "merged." *sigh* Thanks for the help, though.

view photos

grmpfhmbly says:

Hi,
i've he same problem as g.donghia. If i try to login via my google-account i get "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one."

Since i had no other way to post here than to be logged in, i had to create this account. The account with the problem is 'grmpfhmbl'

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted 50 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

AkaokA says:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to add my name to the "google login doesn't remember me" list; I'm having the same issue as Marline0919 farther up in the thread.

My logged-in session can last for a few days at most; I usually have to log in again if it's been a while since last loading Flickr. Also, the 'remember me' checkbox doesn't always appear.

The expected behaviour is to never require me to log in unless I have explicitly logged out.

Thanks,
Eric

view photos

thelmabowlen says:

I submitted a request for help on February 6 after I made a mistake in trying to connect my Google address. The person who first helped me said they had to escalate my case to engineers. Then someone else started replying to me saying I'd get a free month of PRO and that they were still trying to unbind my account.

It's March 22 and after sending another follow-up after not hearing back from this new person, Marcela, I finally get a reply saying my account shows that I have been able to log in.

Correct. But still not with my Google ID. Why would I make this up? Very frustrating and exasperating.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 127 replies in [Official topic] Logging In with Facebook ID and Google Account - Bugs)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads