Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Why do I see a prompt to add an alternate email?
Latest: 48 minutes ago
Login issues? Try this.
Latest: 23 hours ago

Current Discussion

Instagram sharing to Flickr not working
Latest: 7 seconds ago
Android app: change photo order in album
Latest: 3 minutes ago
iPhone:Flickr tells me I don't have an internet connection when I do
Latest: 12 minutes ago
Invitations
Latest: 15 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 21 minutes ago
When I share a photo to my Tumblr blog it reveals my real name on Tumblr
Latest: 59 minutes ago
utrl is not recognized
Latest: 3 hours ago
[fix deployed] flickr mac Uploadr app not work with OSX Sierra
Prevent upload
[fixed] Pressing "L" causing error message to show up
Latest: 4 hours ago
Staff thanks for update ..Jellyfields has your pics
Latest: 5 hours ago
Red color on black and white photos
Latest: 5 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] Signing up for Flickr with Google - Bugs

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Howdy Flickrverse!

Starting today, you’ll be able to use a Google account to sign-up for a new Flickr account!

If you're having problems, please start with these FAQs.

If you see any problems signing up for a new Flickr account with a Google account (using OpenID), please let us know in the comments. Please be as specific as possible or provide a screenshot so that we can reproduce the problem.

If you have general feedback about using a Google account to create a new Flickr account, please instead post to the Official Feedback topic.

Thanks!

Known Issues

- Sign in from the signed out page do not redirect to the previous visited page:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625261778602/7215762...
Posted at 1:17PM, 28 October 2010 PST ( permalink )
eMiLy @_@ (staff) edited this topic 74 months ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 155 replies in [Official Topic] Signing up for Flickr with Google - Bugs)
view photos

jakerome PRO says:

The links in the blog post are buggered (at least the ones that are supposed to go here).
Posted 74 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jakerome PRO says:

That was fast.

view photos

Brenda Anderson PRO says:

Not to be too nitpicky, but you should look at rewording this sentence in the FAQ.

If your already signed into the Yahoo!, you will just click "Continue" in the pop-up to sign into Flickr with the same Yahoo! ID.

*your*?
*the Yahoo!*?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard PRO says:

Good catch Brenda. Fixed!

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

I thought it was to match "the Google."

What ... it isn't "the Google"?

view photos

dagutzyone  says:

wont activate box to sign in
im on a mac if thats a dif

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

dagutzyone's (NEW Jigsaws ck em out): Which and what version of browser that you had this problem with?

view photos

moved to ipernity.com/stargazer95050 says:

On a PC with Firefox :

- Cannot edit description below MY OWN PICTURES
- the SHARE button is disable

signed in with OLD flickr account & password.
signed out & back in again -- same problem
posting to groups & comments seems to work

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/sharpshutter/5124606498/]

PS : On my Firefox 3.0, the vast majority of functions on the new photopage are ALL DEAD, no lightbox, no scrolling through photostream, no editing of description, ACTION dropdown unresponsive, SHARE grayed out (disabled)
moved to ipernity.com/stargazer95050 edited this topic 74 months ago.

view photos

BTW -- the issue must be related to the new photopage -- I can edit title & description from the front page / photostream.

BTW -- You may hate the old IE6 -- but that old IE6 can edit title & description, add tags and access many other functions successfully while the Javascripts for Firefox are DOA. Still, IE6 suffers from some of the issues, like SHARE still is disabled
moved to ipernity.com/stargazer95050 edited this topic 74 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Stargazer95050,

"Share this" problem is a known issue and we are working on a fix now. Please go to the following topic for updates:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625137034951/

view photos

QuattroBerlin says:

I can´t upload anything at all - they hack into my desktop during the process...

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

QuattroBerlin: I am not sure if your problem related to this new feature.

If you have problem uploading, please check out our FAQ here:

www.flickr.com/help/tools/#190

You can also create a new topic or contact us via help by E-mail.

[edit: grammar]

view photos

IMHO there are more problems than just the SHARE button. At least here, nearly nothing on the photopage is working (Firefox 3.0 on XP) -- but I'll update the other thread as well.

view photos

Tar.Digital says:

Got a bug trying to submit my google account. The only message I get is this:

Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one.

view photos

By now -- hours later on a different PC and different network (very similar setup with FF & XP), things are back to normal

view photos

ColleenM says:

Using the new popup window to log back in to Flickr should return me to the same page I was on when I logged out, right?

So, I logged out of the Help Forum, and was taken to the "you're logged out of Flickr" page.

I clicked the login link in the upper right corner, got the popup, logged in again.

The page stayed the same, so it appears that I'm logged in and out at the same time.

In Or Out? by ColleenM

FF 3.6.12
XP

view photos

I thought it was meant to leave you on the page you were on, in which case, it did. Still looks odd though.

view photos

Violentz PRO says:

When I switch between accounts (I have 5), it says I am not logged in after I switch from one account to the next, though I'm actually signed in.

This is similar to a bug from a few months ago.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

The sign in box comes up on the left of the screen … Can I make it come up on the right?

Since I signed in this morning I have not been able to Preview comments in the comment box.. My comment and box completely disappear when pressing the Preview button . I have tried clearing my IE 7 browser, but that doesn’t work …

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Also after signing in, it doesn’t refresh my account page. I have to make yet another extra click for it to come up as signed in ..

view photos

*sarah b* says:

I couldn't log on at all, for ages nothing happened, I had to shut down all the open pages and then when I opened flickr again it was already signed in as me - not very good.

view photos

RobtheCamera says:

Not going to try. I will just log in with my Yahoo ID as I have done for years and know if it is asking then it is for my own secuity.

view photos

Whimsy_Collective says:

Mind you I'm aware it's only available for sign-up/log-in however, here's my issue.

For reference sake: www.flickr.com/help/signin/#102

Just deleted my Flickr screen after learning that I can't associate it with Gmail through the Flickr "Yahoo! ID associated". Why can't I use the Flickr screen name after I deleted or transfer it's ownership to Gmail OpenID before deleting it?

When I tried the procedure of doing so, I can only use YahooID.
:-(...
Whimsy_Collective edited this topic 74 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the reports, we will look into them.

Whimsy Collective:Screen name will remain with the deleted account and can't be re-use.

When you create a new Flickr account from here:

www.flickr.com/signup

You can choose to sign up with a Google account by selecting "Sign in with another account" at the bottom of the sign in page.

view photos

chadgesser says:

i cannot upload photos by logging in with the Google ID via the iPhone app

i open up the iPhone app, click "sign in", i'm taking to the mobile Flickr site via Safari...i login there, am never redirected back to the iPhone app

when i close the Safari window and reopen the Flickr app, same problem is there

view photos

Tar.Digital says:

Tar.Digital
Just adding another information, my according to my Gmail, open.login.yahoo.com has access to my google account.

So what? :S

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

chadgesser: Can you try clearing cache and cookies then sign in again?

Tar.Digita: Can you provide the exact steps taken that led to the problem you're experiencing?

view photos

Flickr Staff

josh-n PRO says:

hi @chadgesser:

Can you tel us your steps?

Here's what I did:
1) Open the Flickr app for iphone
2) Sign in - I get bounced to the m.flickr.com mobile site
3) Sign in with my Yahoo ID and authenticate/connect my user account to the iphone Flickr app
4) I get pinged back to the app fine

Here's what is not working and there should be a fix soon: if you've signed into Flickr mobile with a Yahoo ID previously, you won't be able to sign in to Flickr mobile with a newly created Google / Flickr account unless you clear your cookies and cache on your iphone's web browser.

view photos

Tar.Digital says:

eMiLy @_@

Just after sing out of this Tar.Digital account, I've chose to sign up with a Google account by selecting "Sign in with another account" at the bottom of the sign in page.

Then, I submited my Google Account ID [removed].
So, I garanted access to open.login.yahoo.com.
In the last step, I had to choose an avaiable screen name and fill the form with my birth day. Did it.

I tried to do that in 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and IE), but I keep receiving the same msg:

"Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one. "

:(

view photos

Tiril & Kevin PRO says:

Well, there's a bug/exaggeration in the description.

The description calls this "OpenID", but there is no option to log in with any OpenID providers except Google; e.g. the canonical www.myopenid.com, or the one provided by Wordpress, and so on.

Proposed solution: Either don't call it OpenID, or implement support for OpenID (ie. any OpenID provider).

(If someone tells me I can send them an email to get support, and they bounce any email not coming from @yahoo.com or @gmail.com -- then that's not email support.)

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello Tar.Digital,

I will follow with you offline to get more info about your Google account.

Thanks!

view photos

Origin of Symmetry says:

I'm getting the same error message as Tar.Digital

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hello dtippa,

Please reply with your Google account info in the E-mail I just sent you , thanks!

view photos

syl_k_ky says:

I have been unable to sign in to flickr to my Sylkky2 pro account. When I clicked on cannot access my account it sent me to Yahoo to get a new password. It would not let me use Sylkky 2 and Now I have a new flickr account which is not what I was trying to do. I still cannot access my account and cannot administer or moderate my groups. Before all this, I was unable to see a lot of the photos in the groups. What the heck is going on. I have been unable to share photos or copy and past html codes.
Things just keep getting worse.

view photos

'ju:femaiz PRO says:

@: they're starting with Google, then most likely moving more broadly to other hosted options. Give it time.

view photos

thethi: pls read the 1st comment :-) says:

@staff:

Once more, nothing on the french help forum, it's a pitty !!!!

view photos

annie.anastasia says:

When I sign in I am getting a new account. I cannot go to my site. Will I never be able to get to my account. I have so many precious photos there. Tried logging in several times, but get a new account. I want mine back. Help me:'(

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

I have several Yahoo! e-mail accounts. When I go to sign into them, there is NO pop-up box. I enter my user name and password on the same screen I've always seen, no pop-ups, and go right into my account. Again, all of my Yahoo! e-mail accounts work fine.

When I go to sign into Flickr, however, over the past few days when I click to sign in a pop-up box opens; I enter my user name and password for Flickr, click sign in, and the box disappears, and the page doesn't change...nothing happens!

Then, if I click the sign in link again, the page will change and I will be at my home page in Flickr.

What in the world??

Thanks.

view photos

† Arcane says:

@ Zoom Lens : Since yesterday, the same thing happens to me...

view photos

sul_7444 says:

Hiiii good love mymymymymy deaf

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Zoom Lens & ★ Arcane: Which Flickr page were you at when the problem happened? Can you provide the URL or screenshot?

annie.anastasia & syl_k_ky: It seems like you two might have multiple Flickr accounts. If you know your other account's log in ID, then sign out completely from your Flickr account and Yahoo! account. And sign in again here:

www.flickr.com/signin

If you don't know the other account's log in info, please contact us via help by E-mail:

www.flickr.com/help/with/login/

Thanks!

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

-- "Which Flickr page were you at when the problem happened? Can you provide the URL or screenshot?"

I am at my URL:

www.flickr.com/photos/motorpsiclist

I click on the link that says "Sign In," like I always have...use to when I clicked on that link the page would go to the regular sign-in page (like when you click the "mail" link on Yahoo! and it takes you to the sign-in page), I would enter my info, and then my Flickr page would open.

Now when I click on the "Sign In" link a pop-up window opens up with the Flickr logo, same sign-in as before, but it's in a pop-up window. This has only been happening the past few days, never before (I'm on Flickr over a year now.)

If I leave the pop-up window minimized and enter my log-in info and then press enter the pop-up window disappears and my URL, www.flickr.com/photos/motorpsiclist
just sits there, static. If on that URL I click the "Sign In" link once more, my Flickr page opens up.

If I maximize the pop-up window and enter my log-in info and then press enter the pop-up disappears and then my Flickr page opens up. Annoying as hell.

How would I provide a screenshot for you that you can see? I've capture one with the"Print Screen" command but I don't know how to display it for you.

Thanks.

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

Figured it out...here is a shot of my URL and what happens when I click the sign-in link.

POPUP

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

Occurs at this URL, too:

www.flickr.com/

When I click "Sign In" there I also get the pop-up box shown above. Never before...only the last few days...does not do this when I go to sign in to Yahoo! mail.

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

P.S. I've cleared my cache, closed my browser, restarted my computer, I'm running anti-virus software...blah, blah, blah. The pop-up still shows up, never has been there before.

view photos

andyscamera says:

In case you didn't notice at the start of this thread, there's a new Flickr sign-in process to accommodate Google IDs: blog.flickr.net/2010/10/28/sign-up-for-flickr-with-your-g...

You won't see that on Yahoo mail because you're not signing in to Flickr there.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Zoom Lens,

The pop up sign in window was introduced when we enabled Google account to sign up for a new Flickr account two days ago:

blog.flickr.net/2010/10/28/sign-up-for-flickr-with-your-g...

Via the pop-up sign in, you can now sign-in to your account without having to leave the page you were on.

view photos

† Arcane says:

" Which Flickr page were you at when the problem happened ? "

Which page was I at when I decided to click on the link "Sign in" ?
The last time that I clicked on "Sign in", I was on the French forum page...
I really don't remember for the previous connections, but I'm sure it wasn't the same page (probably the page of my stream)
I precise this problem also happened to me with another PC & a different browser (not only at home) & I precise too that I have no virus, I regularly clear my cache, etc...

(sorry for my bad english)

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

But the pop-up window is buggy...it doesn't work! After I use it to sign in to Flickr (From either of the URLs) nothing happens...I have to click the sign-in link AGAIN to finally get into Flickr. And to top it all off, just a moment ago as I was going from one page to another here in Flickr the pop-up momentarily appeared and then disappeared. Buggy!

view photos

The Ewan PRO says:

Well, I just gave the new login window a go and got slightly odd behaviour. Steps were:
- Sign out of Flickr, then of Yahoo
- Get redirected to Yahoo front page (with a picture of sodding Jedward on it - not cool, but very much a side issue)
- Go back to Flickr,
- Click the 'Sign in' link,
- Get the sign in window content in both the tab that I was using, but also in a new background tab (which was presumably supposed to be the pop-up window),
- Sign in in the original tab, everything works fine,
- Second log-in box in background tab just sits there.

This is using Firefox 3.6.10 with the 'Edit->Preferences->Tabs->Open new windows in a new tab instead' option turned on.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi The Ewan,

After you signed out from Flickr and Yahoo!, did you go back to Flickr in a new tab or using the same tab?

view photos

The Ewan PRO says:

The same one, I think, I just changed the address in the address bar from the Yahoo one to the Flickr one. I'll give it another go.....

Edit:.... OK; I've tried it both ways now and it's much the same behaviour. If I re-use the tab it's exactly as described above, but I also tried logging all the way out, opening a fresh browser window, then going to Flickr and signing in, and I still got the double log-in boxes, one in the first tab in the new window, and one new tab (which should have been the pop-up).

I've also tried logging in in each of the two possible log-in boxes; both work, but if I log in in the original tab the pop-up just stays in the other tab, if I log in using the 'pop-up' tab it closes, but nothing happens in the first (and by now, only remaining, tab).
The Ewan edited this topic 74 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Thanks for the details, we will take a look at this.

view photos

danizakon says:

I'm having Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one error message when signing up with my Gmail account as well.
I've managed to sign up for Flickr with my old gmail account, that I don't use anymore, but when I try to sign up with my current gmail, I get the error message.
What should I do?
danizakon edited this topic 74 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi danizakon,

I'll ask you for some information via email so that we can look into your issue. Thanks.

view photos

yo.pinksushi says:

When I signed in with my google ID it seemed to create another account! Did I do something wrong? HELP!

view photos

No, you can only sign in using Google if you create a new account. Existing accounts have to use the Yahoo ID.

So, just sign out and sign back in using your Yahoo ID and you'll be back to normal.

view photos

quadialaka says:

lf l do not honestly the membership cancel my

view photos

Wil C. Fry PRO says:

"When I signed in with my google ID it seemed to create another account! Did I do something wrong? HELP!"

I hope that wasn't a surprise for you. The very first line of the staff-written topic (top of this page) says: "Starting today, you’ll be able to use a Google account to sign-up for a new Flickr account!"

view photos

noppanit says:

Can I migrate my Flickr account from Yahoo to Google?

view photos

saraknotts says:

I just signed up for Flickr and used my gmail account as my login. Everything worked just fine from my desktop. I downloaded the Flickr app for my Blackberry and I have hit a snag. Using the Blackberry App, I cannot login w/ my Google ID. I get an error message that says the username and password do not match. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi noppanit, no, at this time, you cannot transfer your Flickr account to a Google login; the Google account login is only for new Flickr accounts.

Hey there, saraknotts, I'll ask our mobile team about this. Thanks.

view photos

noppanit says:

Thanks zyrcster, I'm looking forward to migrating my accounts :)

view photos

Flickr Staff

spieri_sf PRO says:

Hi saraknotts, unfortunately the Blackberry app is not compatible with Google ID accounts and only accepts Yahoo! IDs.

You may look in the Blackberry App World for other Flickr uploaders, but the current version that you are using will not be updated in the near term. Another alternative to upload photos to Flickr is to send them by email. More information on how to use and get an upload-by-email address can be found here.

view photos

apexviews says:

I signed up yesterday using my google ID and it all worked ok for the sign up but everytime i close my browser IE9 under Windows 7 and go back to flickr again it asks me to login again. I also cant upload via my iphone as it needs a yahoo ID. I signed up for a Yahoo ID but i am not able toassociate this with my account as when i login to Yahoo the google login is not available on the associate your account page so i cant use it. Is it possible to get a refund on the pro account which i paid for yesterday and then i can sign up again with the yahoo id and buy the pro account again ?

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

apexviews: You can sign in with a Google ID from your iphone by selecting "Sign in with a Google ID" at the bottom of the page. If you are not seeing that option, clear your cookies and cache on your iphone's web browser then try again.

view photos

apexviews says:

I have cleared the cookies and cache on the phone but its coming up with a page not found when i try the mobile google login link.

Still having to login every time with IE even on different tabs

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

apexviews: We only support release version browsers and IE9 is still in beta version. You may want to use a different browser until IE9 is in a release version.

Can you tell me the exact steps taken that led to the problem when signing in with your iphone?

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

The pop-up sign in box is becoming "buggier:"

Again, it seems to be a useless addition to Flickr users, because when I sign in, using the pop-up sign in box and either click the button in the box to continue or hit the "Enter key on my computer," nothing happens...I have to then click on the "Home," or "Sign in" links on my Flickr page to then activate Flickr.

Additionally when I'm navigating from page to page within Flickr the pop-up box will occasionally appear, which is SUPER-annoying!!

I'm using IE8, by the way, and not running any extra special codes are modifications or anything, just a straight old out of the box computer.

Any fixes on the way for this, please?

Thanks.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi Zoom Lens,

We'll see if we can reproduce this here.

For now, can you please clear IE8's cookies and cache and try it again? Does the login screen not doing anything after clicking Enter happen with any consistency?

view photos

cstrife89 says:

Sorry to cut in, but ...

I recently joined Flickr and made my account using my Gmail credentials. That's working fine for me, with one exception: Flickr Mobile (which I tried to use on my old Palm TX with Blazer 4.3) won't let me in because of an apparent lack of OpenID support; ergo, the only way in is with Yahoo credentials.

I *do* have a Yahoo account (michaelcarr_1989), but I can't find any way to link it to my Flickr account. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi cstrife89,

For some mobile Flickr applications, there is no Google account support for logging in, as Markus notes here.

Also, there is no way to transfer your Flickr account from a Google account to a Yahoo! account. You would need to create a new Flickr account with your Yahoo! ID.

view photos

Whimsy_Collective says:

@ eMiLy_@_@ Whimsy Collective here, I'm already familiar with your mention about the deleted screen name and such. I read it well before deleting it.

However, I don't think you understood me well in my last comment/statement.

I'll reiterate - I would like to associate my Flickr ID (YahooID) with Gmail OpenID. Does it make sense? If, so, please make it happen for us users. I'm sure everyone would agree(?).

I understand that's only possible with YahooID to YahooID. But why not YahooID to Gmail OpenID? This is what I meant in my statement above right before deleting the screen name. *wink* *wink*

Take for example: I'm at my "Your Account [Page] Personal Information [Tab]"

Here's what I am talking about.

{--Begin paste--}

Your Yahoo! account

Yahoo! ID associated with this account: USERID

* Edit your Yahoo! password
* Edit your Yahoo! preferences

* Use a different Yahoo! ID for this Flickr account <--- here, use a different ID not just Yahoo ID, I'd like to use Gmail OpenID also.

{--End Paste--}

Clear?

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi Whimsy Collective,

It is not possible at this time to transfer your current Flickr login using a Yahoo! ID to a Google ID. Only new Flickr accounts can use their Google account to log into Flickr at this time.

If you want to leave feedback on that, please do use the feedback topic, as this is the bug topic and what you describe is an intentional design decision, not a bug. Thanks!
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157625261776738/lastpage

view photos

Whimsy_Collective says:

@eMiLy_@_@ Thank you so much!

@zyrcster Kudos for understanding my concern and providing me the guidance to the topic thread.

view photos

alvaro.munoz says:

I can't authorize the flickr iPhone app with my google account, it says "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one."

I was able to login to the flickr website using the google account, even the mobile browser website, but I'm still unable to authorize the app. :(

view photos

beatsmakingcenter says:

I just did sign up using google. It's all fine and nothing to worry about.

view photos

mrkwd says:

I've got the same problem alvaro.munoz is reporting. I signed up for a Flickr account with my Google ID login, but can't authorize the iPhone app.

1. from app, click Sign In button
2. See a message "We will now launch Safari so you can log in and authorize this application." Click OK
3. Safari launches to Yahoo Sign In page, I click on the link to "Sign in with a Google ID."
4. See "Sign in with Google. If you created your Flickr account using your Google ID, sign in here." then click on Sign In button.
5. get a page at open.login.yahoo.com/ that displays "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one."

I've tried signing in this way 3-4 times over the last 6 hours with the same results.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Thanks, alvaro.munoz and mrkwd, we'll take a look at the iPhone app auth flow for Google IDs.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi Zoom Lens,

That pop-up window should be fixed now, please let us know if you see otherwise. Thanks!

view photos

local paparazzi (isthmusportrait.com) PRO says:

the pop up window tells me that i can close the sign in window when i log in

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Here too - the pop up window tells me that i can close the sign in window when i log in .

view photos

Viejito says:

This thread is actually related to this topic, isn't it?
It was probably started separately because not logging in with Google, though it is related to the new way of logging in.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

Is this right? When I sign in by clicking the top right hand corner, I get a small sign in box that comes up in the left top corner… But if I sign in by clicking the bottom left hand corner, I get a sign in box that covers the whole screen… Is this normal?
Posted 73 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi there,

Yes, sometimes you'll get a pop-up, other times you'll get a full page. Thanks.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

zyrcster - Thanks . It just seems a bit crazy . I can put up with it I guess .. Its just a little irritation compared with what the rest of the new fickr page has to offer ....

view photos

Bachtijar says:

I have the same problem as apexviews but now with Safari and Firefox on Snow Leopard. The google account won't keep me logged in in Flickr.

view photos

Thомas_L says:

Spieri :

The version of Flickr Uploader on BB will be updated in the near term ?

Or we have to upload through your website or by email ? (for ages ...)

view photos

astropear says:

Hi,

Starting today, I've been unable to login using my Google creds. It gives me this error when I try: "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one."

I sent a Help Email, but they haven't been much help, telling me to contact Google (very poor customer service experience). It's not a problem with my Google account, since I sent, received and replied to the Help Email using my Google account. Can someone help me out? I had to create a brand new account just so I could post in this forum.

Thanks in advance.

view photos

samanthasacks says:

How do i sign on to flickt on my blackberry if i don't have a yahoo id because i used my google account to make my flickr??

view photos

Thомas_L says:

We can't without a yahoo id ;)

You need to pass through their website or by email us.

Or create a yahoo account :p

view photos

dopiaza PRO says:

API authentication is broken when the user logs in via a google account.

This was reported in the Flickr API group earlier today and with Brenda's help we've established it is a problem.

Here's what happens:

- A web app requires authentication, and so redirects to the Flickr auth page. If the user isn't signed in, they are prompted to do so. If they choose to sign in with a Google account, they get a pop-up window:

- The auth process continues in this small popup window:

- and once completed, the authenticated app is shown in the small popup window. This is *not* the window that the user started the authentication process from:

(Thanks to Brenda for the screenshots).

I'd regard this as a bug. The authenticated app should be launched in the same window that requested authentication.
Posted 72 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi dopiaza,

Thank you for all the details. I will file a ticket for this problem.

view photos

accombo says:

just the same problem alvaro.munoz and mrkwd had

I can't authorize the iPhone app with my Google ID login, returning: "Sorry, there was an error. Please sign in again with the same account or a different one.".

but it's still able to login the webpage by the same ID.
i've tried for many many many many times!

view photos

i ♥ relaxbear ♥ says:

Hello, I am using the FLICKR app for the iPhone. When I sign in for the first time on the app, it takes me to the webpage to authorize my flickr.

I use a Google ID to sign in, and after I sign in, the "yes authorize 3rd party" message does not appear.

Instead, I receive an error message as follows:

"An external application has asked to link to your Flickr account, but failed to include all the necessary information. Specifically:

MISSING API_KEY PARAMETER "

please help!! Thank you

actually, upon reading the above comment, I have the same exact issue.

view photos

♥ iloverilakkuma ♥ says:

I currently have a Yahoo Sign In for my Flickr account.
I want to link my Google ID so I can sign in with Google in the future.
I followed the directions in the FAQ (www.flickr.com/help/signin/#yesido) for people who ALREADY HAVE A FLICKR ACCOUNT:

I signed out of flickr
I clicked "sign in with google ID"
I input my google info

however, instead of getting the page where I can select I already have a YAHOO ID,

it brings me to the "create new flickr account" page!

I DO NOT want a new flickr account

I want to Associate my GOOGLE ID with my YAHOO FLICKR ID

HOW DO I DO THIS???
none of the comments explain this...has anyone else had the same issue?
thank you

view photos

Jiawei (橡皮Pounds) says:

I got the same issue as i ♥ relaxbear ♥ .

I tried to authorize my iphone flickr app by using google id, but I got the error message

"An external application has asked to link to your Flickr account, but failed to include all the necessary information. Specifically:

MISSING API_KEY PARAMETER "

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi iloverelaxbear,

Can you clear your browser cookies and try these:

1. Go to:

www.flickr.com/signin

2. Select sign in with your Google ID

3. Enter you Google ID information

4. It will ask for you to confirm permission. Click "Allow"

Then it should bring you to the screen included in the FAQ and you should able to finish the binding procedure from there.

Hi Jiawei Sun (橡皮Pounds),

We fixed the problem yesterday, can you uninstall the app and try again?

view photos

Jiawei (橡皮Pounds) says:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared all cookies and cache in safari, but unfortunately still got the same error...

view photos

Flickr Staff

eMiLy @_@ says:

Hi Jiawei Sun (橡皮Pounds),

Thanks for reporting back, we will look into this.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 155 replies in [Official Topic] Signing up for Flickr with Google - Bugs)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads