Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Detailed explanation of new features in Flickr 3.0 apps
Latest: 90 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Take a survey to help us improve Flickr groups
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Official Thread] Update on the new photo experience
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Official Thread] Using a Yahoo username and password to sign in to Flickr
Latest: 11 hours ago
[Official Thread] Providing feedback on Flickr 3.0 for iOS and Android
Latest: 3 days ago
[Official Thread] Using Flickr over a secure (SSL) connection
Latest: 4 days ago

Current Discussion

BUG error cant post comment
Latest: 3 minutes ago
Aviary not working all week
Latest: 14 minutes ago
Shutter count missing from D80 exif. Please help
Latest: 33 minutes ago
how to get information regarding my photograph in explore coloumn?
Latest: 44 minutes ago
Set/Album Disappeared
Latest: 48 minutes ago
Blackout
Latest: 49 minutes ago
Adding photos to groups in updated iPhone app?
Latest: 2 hours ago
Avast problem....again
Latest: 3 hours ago
Others cannot see my exif data
[BUG] Tag search on multi-word tags just plain doesn't work
Update of Flickr app.
[BUG] Normal words/numbers in photo description become unwanted links
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Redirect to Part II] [Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Bugs

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

Redirect to Part II:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157628135772584/

We've just launched a new feature that lets you connect Flickr to Facebook (through Yahoo! Updates) and Yahoo! Updates itself.

You can read more about it in the blog post and FAQs. When you're ready to turn it on, it's in Your Account settings.

If you see any bugs please let us know below. If you have some feedback, head on over to this forum thread.

UPDATE July 9 4:12pm PDT The old integration does indeed seem to still be updating, so to prevent that from happening, you will need to remove one of the two integrations, theirs or ours.

UPDATE June 10 4:46pm PDT Removing the old integration is not needed and may delete posts from your feed.

Update: June 9 10:13pm PDT The cookie issue causing an error message when trying to connect should be resolved now.

UPDATE August 16 9:47am PDT Problem sharing individual photo to Facebook.

Update: August 16 10:22am PDT. The Sharing problem is resolved now.

[edited to add "If you're getting an error"]
Posted at 8:32PM, 9 June 2010 PDT ( permalink )
marssy (staff) edited this topic 30 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
(1 to 100 of 1,960 replies in [Redirect to Part II] [Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Bugs)
view photos

smcgee says:

I just get an error message and am told to try back later. Is it not working yet?
Posted 47 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

Can you try again smgee? We've seen a couple times that it works if you just try again.

view photos

smcgee says:

I've tried about 10x so far. I'm logged into facebook, so it should work?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

I tried to Link my accounts on my Facebook account page and this is what I get when trying to link my yahoo account with Facebook:

eddd00001 (by Burnt Umber Returns)

eddd000 (by Burnt Umber Returns)
Burnt Umber edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

smcgee says:

5x more and still only getting the message:

There was a problem connecting your account to Facebook. Please try again later.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

smcgee It worked for me when connecting Flickr to Facebook.

Try clearing your cache and doing a hard restart on your system. That might knock the cobwebs loose.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

smcgee, thanks for the exact error. Looking into it.

Burnt Umber, it looks like your trying to set this up starting on the Facebook side. Can you set it up from your account settings instead please. This doesn't use OpenID so I think you're trying to setup a different feature.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

BU so it's working for you now?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Zack Sheppard NO. Two different issues.

I can link my Flickr with Facebook but I cannot link my Facebook with Yahoo.

This may be a Yahoo issue and not something for Flickr Staff.

view photos

smcgee says:

Cleared the cache, restarted firefox ~ neither worked.

Switched to Safari and it worked just fine. What was happening in Firefox was the pop-up window where you re-enter your Flickr password was popping up and then disappearing entirely.

view photos

Abllo™ says:

with chrome its the same as above.. ... but works fine on Safari!

view photos

johncpiercy says:

I tried it on Firefox , intially and it didnt work either and then I cleared my cache and it worked ...

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

Thanks for the extra info all and sorry about the trouble. We're looking into it.

view photos

Bryn Tassell says:

I keep getting "There was a problem connecting your account to Facebook. Please try again later. " on FireFox but it worked fine using Chrome one Windows 7

view photos

matman73072 says:

Clearing the cache worked for me with Firefox on Windows 7.

view photos

Flickr Staff

mike.panchenko says:

were you having the same problem as everyone else - popup that opens and closes, then the error? How long ago did you initially try it?

I pushed a fix a few minutes ago that should have fixed most of the problems. Just had to put some icing on everyone's cookies..

Thanks for all the detailed bug reports guys, it's very helpful!

view photos

Great Beyond says:

Well, I just tried connecting the two and it just sat on the "Linking to facebook" popup, and sat there with the swirly cursor. Several times in fact.

So whatever you did, it didnt work.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

Great Beyond, for the issue people were seeing, trying a different browser or clearing cookies and trying again was helping. Is that working for you?

view photos

JulesMoore says:

I connected to Yahoo OK but when I try selecting 'Flickr public photos. Start sharing your photos on Yahoo!', I get: 'An error has occurred. Please try again.'
Have tried in Google Chrome and IE7.
The old Flickr Facebook app worked fine for me...

Not to worry, although I'm still getting the error, I just uploaded a test photo and it's working fine.
JulesMoore edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Rowan Castle says:

I have connected my account with no problems. However, just uploaded two photos to flickr (both public) and nothing has appeared on my facebook pages :-(

view photos

Flickr Staff

foreverdigital says:

Rowan - Your newly uploaded photos should start to appear on facebook in about 10 minutes. Let us know if you're still not seeing it after that!

view photos

wizardjks says:

I have no idea what's happening
everytime I signin using my own login and password I'm logged into flickr from some other person's account.
It keeps changing
I once logged in as my own contact's account
could read their private messages
it's insane and I'm posting here coz I can't seem to be able to contact you people through any other means
[email removed by staff] mail me PLEASE!
zyrcster (staff) edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi wizardjks {lazy bum},

That sounds like a problem for a new topic or help by email:
www.flickr.com/help/with/login/

Let's leave this topic for bug reports related to the new Facebook integration. I'll contact you offline.

view photos

kmacgray says:

I've enabled sharing, I'm logged into facebook, and I can't see an image I uploaded about 30 minutes ago. It's public. Ideas?
kmacgray edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

UPDATE: Removing the old integration is not needed and may delete posts from your feed

We've had reports that if you remove the old integration, Facebook removes all previously shared posts from your newsfeed, including the comments on those posts. We also haven't seen duplicate updates when people have both setup. So you can turn on the new integration and leave the old one as is.

We've updated our documents and apologize for the confusion.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Yeah. All mine were removed. :(

view photos

DanOCan says:

So far, so good. I uploaded four photos to Flickr using "TheGoodUploadr" and almost immediately saw the update get pushed to Facebook,

Only only complaint (I don''t know if this qualified as a "bug" per se), but each of the four photos triggered a separate News story -- ie: rather than one posting showing I uploaded four photos I got four postings -- one for each pic. If I do a major upload to Flickr this will really annoy my Facebook friends.

Is this the default behavior or is it because I used a third-party tool to do the upload?

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi DanOCan,

This is the default behavior, one photo per update. Your feedback on that is appreciated in the Feedback topic so that we can leave this one open for bugs (or, things aren't working as designed).
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157624118021155/

Thanks!

view photos

griannan says:

on my account settings page, sharing and extending tab i have turned on the facebook activity but when i try to turn on the yahoo updates it doesn't register as me ticking the check box. is it necessary?

I was experiencing the same error on the yahoo updates page described above but I just checked it and it resolved itself.

I uploaded a test photo to see if it's working but it isn't showing (yet) on my facebook newsfeed.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Still not seeing a photo on Facebook that I uploaded to Flickr hours ago...

view photos

imaashman says:

Hi, I'm new to FLICKR just seen you can link to Facebook, it wont let me connect my accounts together though. Is it because I used a different email address to login on facebook as i do Flickr?

view photos

NatalieMaynor says:

Is it a bug or is it intentional that the photos are announced on Facebook one by one? I am horribly embarrassed by the clutter to my Facebook friends' pages!

This was my last FB update:

is horrified at what Flickr has done to the Flickr-Facebook link and will immediately change the setting so that no Flickr pictures are linked. This one-by-one thing is horrific!!!

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

imaashman,

Did you follow the steps here:
www.flickr.com/help/extending/

You don't need to use the same login on Facebook as you do here, but follow the steps in the FAQ first and then let us know which part isn't working.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi NatalieMaynor,

That is by design and not a bug that the uploads are showing up one to an update. Your other feedback in the feedback topic is the right place and we are listening to feedback there, thanks.

view photos

Buckeye Impressions / Tim Tonjes says:

This really sucks, been trying everything to get this to work, everything is linked, have removed old apps etc someone please send me notes with ideas. Thanks

view photos

sandy's dad says:

i agree with the other major posters, don't like the one by one thing, lucky i didn't have this on when i posted 200 pics to a new set. will turn off the link until there are better options

view photos

imaashman says:

zyrcster,
i looked at it, nothing helps there really.
basically after i press connect and login with yahoo, i login with facebook and all seems fine. but then it goes back to yahoo page within that new window but nothing happens it just stays there. whilst the window in the background is still loading to wait for a connection.

view photos

Mayur Kotlikar says:

EDIT:
Sorry, i posted in wrong thread. Dont know how to delete this
Mayur Kotlikar edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Primal Rhythms Photography says:

The Facebook connection was there, but disabled... I tried to enable it twice, but it did not work. No error messages, it just didn't save the check box as selected.

view photos

monicaflick says:

I did get the error mesage: "There was a problem connecting your account to Facebook. Please try again later."
I have tried many times, yesterday & today. How do I "clear my cache" please?
monicaflick edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi monicaflick,
To clear your cache on the page in question, hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click your browser's reload button.

imaashman, we'll look into the window continuing to load waiting for a connection, but also try a page refresh to see if that helps.

Primal Rhythms Photography, do you mean the checkboxes on the Yahoo! settings page? In your Flickr account settings, you have not enabled Facebook updates, so do that first, then go back to the Yahoo! settings page over at Pulse to see if now the checkbox can be checked and please let us know if that works.
www.flickr.com/account/?tab=extend

view photos

Simutis [nancy] says:

I turned off the old link, and all of my photos disappeared (grrr....) AND I linked the new feature over 2 days ago, and no photos have posted to my fb wall (double grrr....). I have double-checked everything in the FAQs. Any other suggestions?

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hello Simutis [nancy],

Are the photos making it over to Yahoo! but not to Facebook, or not even over to Yahoo! updates?

view photos

bassin tom says:

Trying to link my Flickr and Facebook account getting error that states:

{Sorry, we are having trouble linking your Facebook account right now. Please try again later.}

I have been trying last night and all morning and still will not link. Up until Tuesday this week they were linked fine but after the change was made I now have no link. I have cleared the cookies, caches, and Temp IE files, rebooted my computer and I am still having problems. I am using IE version 8.0.6001.18702.

view photos

ekEK says:

I can't ink my pictures to facebook, I have tried a couple times and it has worked for me in the past but not this time

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi folks,

For those of you getting this error on the Flickr account page, "There was a problem connecting your account to Facebook. Please try again later," please try the following:

1. try a hard page refresh by holding shift and clicking your browser's reload button, then try to connect the accounts again.

2. remove your Yahoo! and Facebook cookies and try again or try in another browser.

Please let us know if either works. :)

view photos

extext64 says:

I've linked my Facebook with Flickr, but it doesn't automatically post on my wall that I've uploaded a new picture.
Any help?

view photos

ekEK says:

Nothing seems to work. I have tried both from facebook and from flickr

view photos

sicem says:

When I look at my account in Flickr under " Sharing & Extending" I see an option listed as "Facebook — Activity Updates: ON"... and Mine works fine...

However my Son, who is also on Flickr, does not have this option listed in his Sharing & Extending even though he was able to link his Yahoo and Facebook accounts together...

Why does his Flickr page show up differently than mine when I set them up the same way ?

When I look at his Yahoo settings for "Linked Account Settings" his Flickr shows a check in the box for Facebook...

In case it is not apparent, his Flickr uploads do not appear on his Facebook...

view photos

earthfromtheground says:

Nothing working here... :o(

view photos

jojo.ruas says:

Photos update to yahoo, but nothing shows on Facebook...the old app worked just fine...

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi sicem, Can you please give us a link to your son's photostream so that we can investigate the issue? Thanks!

view photos

bassin tom says:

I have tried all things that you have stated and still getting the error message to try again later. Any help would be great apprciated.

view photos

imaashman says:

zyrcster, just tried everything again and still no luck. if you can message me if you hear anything. thanks a lot!

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

extext64 & EllaEkek - Do you see the Updates at pulse.yahoo.com/ ?

sicem - I'll make a help case to ask for more info about your sons account.

bassin tom & imaashman - It's also possible to connect Flickr and Facebook from Yahoo! Pulse. Let's see if it works for you from there. To do this

1. go to pulse.yahoo.com
2. Click Settings
3. Click Manage Updates
4. Add Facebook

After you add Facebook you can choose to share your Flickr photos to Facebook as well.

view photos

imaashman says:

Zack, success straight away!
So I have no idea what the isssue is the usual way.

THANKS!

view photos

Jemjee says:

I am having trouble too. I think it is odd that when I try to link my flickr and Facebook, it never asks for my Facebook ID. How does flickr know what Facebook account to link to? My flickr/yahoo ID is different from my facebook ID.

view photos

bassin tom says:

Zack,
Don't know if this was the reason but my Adobe flash player updated this morning and I was able to link the two after it updated. Thanks for the help with everything.

view photos

extext64 says:

Hmm, it says that Yahoo updates is temporarily unavailable. Should it work once it's available?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Taking a quick break from my vacation. I uploaded a cellphone picture two days ago and edited it picnik today. When saving it I replaces the original image. Now my facebook profile page is showing two dead flickr links rather than the tumbnails of either the old image or the image which replaced it.

www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000945004669

view photos

javfutura says:

Tried the new facebook feature. Updated my photostream but has not updated on my facebook account.

view photos

kmacgray says:

I'm connected to FB, but new uploads are not appearing there. Do both the Flickr to FB AND Yahoo Updates options need to be turned on?

view photos

Alfredk says:

I made an upload this morning and it showed the anouncement in Facebook, but the picture/thumbnail shows as unavailable?

view photos

bassin tom says:

OK the uploads are working again but, now it wants to upload each pic from a batch and as a double set.

view photos

QueenNomad says:

Last night I have had new app " Facebook+Flickr", but after I upload photos on flickrs...it doesn't appear anything on my facebook . I has no prob about it before.....Before has this new upated app,it all works well between FB and Flickr.

view photos

QueenNomad says:

I Have the same problem!!!!

view photos

bedon2010 says:

hi

view photos

kmacgray says:

Can an admin please address the question of uploads not appearing on Facebook please? Thanks...

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

Jemjee - Flickr doesn't know what your Facebook ID is but when the Facebook window opens to connect, if you're already logged in at Facebook you won't have to login again there. Were you able to connect?

bassin tom - This doesn't use Flash anywhere but I'll remember that's what happened for you just in case. Glad it's setup! Are you saying you're seeing duplicates now?

extext64 - Were you able to connect? We have had some reports of people getting that error and it is usually only temporary. If you're getting Yahoo! Updates unavailabe consistently you'd want to ask Yahoo! about that.

Burnt Umber - After an update is sent to Yahoo!/Facebook it is static and any changes you make to the title, description, or tags won't be reflected. Also, if you replace or rotate an image, which changes the image URL, it will break the image in the update because it is looking for the old image URL.

javfutura & kmacgray - It looks like your updates should be showing on Facebook. I'm going to make a bug for your cases to have an engineer take a look. Can you both go to pulse.yahoo.com and see if the updates are showing there? I'll add that info to the bug as well.

Alfredk - Did you rotate or replace the image after upload? If you replace or rotate an image, which changes the image URL, it will break the image in the update because it is looking for the old image URL.

QueenNomad - For yours, I can see that we are sending the updates to Yahoo!. Are you seeing them on pulse.yahoo.com? If you are but aren't seeing them at Facebook you may want to ask Yahoo!.

[edited to ask javfutura & kmacgray for more info]
Zack Sheppard (staff) edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

rsepulveda says:

just turned the thing off. the one by one news feed is a design mistake.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Thanks for the response, Zack. My images are still not appearing on FB. When I went to pulse.yahoo.com just now, I was greeted with the following error:

"Yahoo! Updates is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."

Hm. A second try shows my FB wall, but I do not see my images that I uploaded to Flickr.

view photos

Tiagø Ribeiro says:

I got my Facebook account completely spammed with all of my Flickr photos. Thank you.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Zack Sheppard This does not explain why the new image which replaced the old image also has a broken link. Since Facebook picked it up as a new image, then it should also have the new URL. Should it not?

view photos

Jemjee says:

I cleared my cookies, temp files and history. I removed the existing connection and went through the process again. No luck in getting it to work. My account says that everything is connected (facebook and yahoo updates) but it's not working. I give up.

view photos

FinickyMe says:

Hope whatever's wrong gets fixed soon. The old integration was much better.

My photos finally showed up in my Facebook wall after 15 hours. That's quite a lag.
FinickyMe edited this topic 47 months ago.

view photos

teksmith says:

Facebook was updating yesterday. Today it has stopped working. I noticed that under my account setting on the "Sharing and Extending" tab, the "Yahoo Updates - Activity Updates" is set to off and I can't turn it on. I can click edit and check the box and click on save, but it doesn't save. It still indicates off and when I click on edit again the box is not checked. Please advise. Thanks.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

It seems I am not getting any Updates on my Facebook/Flickr Tab either.

Also since I have both Yahoo Updates enabled and Flickr Updates enabled I am getting double images on my Profile wall

Last, If I upload more than one photo via Uploader it does not appear on Facebook.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard says:

kmacgray - Thanks for the extra info. I'll add it to the bug

Burnt Umber - the facebook.com link you posted isn't a valid link for me so I can't see this. But facebook won't look for a new image if you replace it so in cases like you describe, when an image is rotated or replaced, it will show a broken image on FB.

You shouldn't be getting duplicates even with both on. That might be an issue for Y! Updates but I'll ask over here tomorrow.

Jemjee - Sorry I misunderstood your last post. I didn't know you were having trouble connecting, I thought you were worried about security and why it wasn't asking for a Facebook ID. If you're still having trouble try going to pulse.yahoo.com and connecting from there. After you've logged in click "Settings" then "Manage updates" to connect Facebook and share Flickr.

teksmith - It's normal that Yahoo! Updates will be 'OFF' if you're only making updates available on Facebook. What image from your stream is the last that was sent to Facebook?

view photos

Johnny ©ontax says:

Same issue as teksmith, either no update at all, or no thumbnail displayed on update.
Prior to yesterday all was fine!

view photos

sarahraisel says:

I've got it set up as well, only if I upload a batch with 20 photos in it, 20 separate notices get published on my facebook profile. This is annoying (I think both for me and friends who might suddenly be flooded with individual announcements about each photo I upload). Any way to make it just publish one notification per batch uploaded?

view photos

rutty says:

I've not had any updates on Facebook at all since I connected this (successfully) last week. On my Flickr Sharing & Extending settings I have:

Flickr to Facebook Activity Updates ON
Yahoo Updates OFF

I never use Yahoo for anything, however my Facebook activity is showing up quite happily in pulse. I am not happy about this - are these settings the wrong way 'round?

Actually, I've just turned off the Yahoo application's access on Facebook but still allowed "post to wall". Perhaps that was why Pulse was being updated. I can't see any of my Flickr photos on Pulse...

view photos

slavko.radman says:

Is there any way to revert back to old version of Flickr-Facebook connection?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Zack, is there some way I can keep track of what is happening with my issue, or do I need to keep coming back here?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Zack Sheppard This should be a valid link since I logged out of facebook and had to create a dummy account to view my account.

www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000094500466...

If this does not work then when logged into Facebook search, "Robert Pilla". I should be the fourth from the top. The ugly guy with the beard. Click on it and go to my wall.

1) It never uploaded the photo of the sunset which I swapped from Picnik. I deleted the dead link, but the new photo never appeared.

www.flickr.com/photos/rpilla001/4689961227/

2) I get double uploads from both Yahoo Updates and from Flickr

3) Uploads appear out of order. The image of the dog was uploaded hours after the 69 Dodge.

4) Only two of the seven Dodge photos made it from Flickr to Facebook and that was via Yahoo updates and not Flickr.

view photos

d13vk says:

Um, yea. I did this. I deauthorized my "Flickrtab" app and authorized this Yahoo Flickr integration. Well, after uploading a new set of 45 photos - instead of adding to my feed that I had uploaded a new set, Yahoo spammed my 1000+ friends with a notification of EVERY photo. So they got 45 notifications in their news feed of each individual photo. FAIL by Flickr. I went back to Flickr tab.

view photos

d13vk says:

What I am really afraid of with these multiple notifications (and quite sure that it has already happened after the 45 notifications debacle) is that all of my friends and contacts will now "hide" any updates from Yahoo or Flickr in their news stream - so sharing on Facebook is essentially worthless because no one will see them. If I saw 45 updates from one person I would immediately hide them.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi Burnt Umber,

I'll inquire about the expected behavior on a photo replacement, thanks.

It looks like you're using FlickrTab as well as our Yahoo! Updates integration, so you can expect to see double posts in that case. It might be best to choose between FlickrTab or our integration - whichever better meets your needs. Or are you saying that the Yahoo! Updates are double posting?

For the specific photos out of order, next time can you please take a screenshot to show us? You've quite a few updates on your Facebook page and I'd like to make sure I understand what photo is supposed to be where on your feed. :)

Hi kmacgray, when we have updates, we will provide them here. Thanks.

view photos

josh.hofer says:

Currently, Flickr doesn't seem to be posting to my Facebook.

Known downtime? What's up?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

F@##!!, I just typed everything and Firefox Crashed.

Attempt number 2

www.flickr.com/photos/pincrestone/4699850557/

Screen cap #1 shows that Flickr Tab no longer updates on Facebook. it has been this way for at least 2 days. it was working going into this past weekend

www.flickr.com/photos/pincrestone/4699850425/

Screencap #2 shows my mess

1) Not all images from Flickr are making it to Facebook

2) All images posted on Flickr are being updated on my Yahoo Pulse page. which can be seen here:

pulse.yahoo.com/_BMN54GGPWCOQI7QYGMEQUURSKY

3) Not all images on my Yahoo Pulse are getting over to Facebook

Examples:

A) The dog at the top was posted to Flickr but Facebook grabbed it only from Yahoo Pulse and not Flickr

B) I posted 7 images of the red car. All 7 images were grabbed by Yahoo Pulse. Facebook only grabbed 2 of the 7 images from Yahoo and none from Flickr.

C) The bottom two images were grabbed both from Flickr and from Yahoo Pulse. Note the Flickr grab does not have the text description. Also note this image was posted after the 2 red car images but appears before them on Facebook.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi josh.hofer,

At this time, we are backed up on the queue that sends updates out, and we are looking into it. Thanks for your patience until we can give the system a jump start today.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

zyrcster Totally off topic but I love your "game face"

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Thanks, Burnt Umber. ;-)

Since FlickrTab is a 3rd party application, you will need to contact the developer of that application to ask about the lag in their updates. FWIW, in my tests of it, it appears to be working & their API key is enabled.

We, however, do have a bit of a lag on sending updates out at this time, so please bear with us while we drain the queue and get things shipshape again.

view photos

josh.hofer says:

@zyrcster -- Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! Do you guys have a status.flickr.com type of service that allows us to view known bugs/errors/system issues?

view photos

janeswalden says:

Not sure if this issue was addressed; however, every time I edit a photo in flickr that was already reflected in facebook, that photo then is "unavailable" to see on facebook. It only keeps the original upload. I'm deleting the entire application until the bugs are fixed. One other thing I like the Yahoo update because it describes the photo if you have a caption and the Flickr updates do not. It just announces the upload. And, I also DO NOT LIKE AT ALL the one-at-a-time uploads! If I upload 50 photos there are 50 upload announcements! Not good!

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Burnt Umber wrote

I love your "game face"
You can put your own face on at picnik.com/soccerfever too! :)

(and yes, I work for picnik)

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hello janeswalden,
The updates on Facebook are static, not dynamic, so once they are posted, if you edit, replace, rotate or change the privacy setting, the URL to the image itself changes and the 'photo unavailable' image will instead display. This is not a bug, it is by design, just as it is when you blog a photo or post it to a comment and then edit, replace, rotate or change the privacy setting on the image: the URL to the image changes.

Hey there josh.hofer , this topic will be where we post any status updates for the Facebook integration.

Thanks!

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

janeswalden What zyrcster said.

view photos

solomodels says:

I hope this isn't off topic, but to all the Flickr users who have been emailing me about the FlickrTab application and whether it conflicts with this new Flickr/Facebook built-in integration, the answer is that it does not.

You can turn off publishing on FlickrTab (which is off by default) and simply use it for the "Tab" it lets you add to your profile and fan pages.

If you choose to use FlickrTab for wall publishing, please note the following differences:

1- FlickrTab checks for new uploads once per hour (VIP) or once every 12 hours (regular members) only.

2- If it finds new uploads, it does just one posting with the most recent 5 image thumbnails only.

Thank you.

view photos

Buster Benson says:

Add my vote to the people requesting that you clump together tons of photos uploaded at once rather than adding each as a separate post. For now I'll have to go back to Facebook's integration with Flickr over your integration with Facebook.

view photos

JenJeff says:

The one-by-one posting of each photo I upload is a huge issue - is there any plan to batch them, or should I just remove the connection? It's really rude to spam everyone's news feed with 50 separate notifications.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
(1 to 100 of 1,960 replies in [Redirect to Part II] [Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Bugs)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads