Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Test] New presentation & layout when clicking on tag
Latest: 6 hours ago

Current Discussion

My lost account - how to come back?
Latest: 13 minutes ago
Slideshow not launching in full screen.
Latest: 14 minutes ago
Lost albums
Latest: 17 minutes ago
Statistics out of whack
Latest: 21 minutes ago
My share page is greyed out - I see the links to twitter etc flick past. .. but it then becomes disabled
Latest: 36 minutes ago
Why can't people search for me on flickr?
Latest: 42 minutes ago
[BUG] Secret/Hidden Autotags Still Present
Latest: 63 minutes ago
stats updating lagging way behind views
Latest: 67 minutes ago
How to contact a Flickr member ?
Latest: 75 minutes ago
missing pictures/albums
Latest: 2 hours ago
Groups - Mass Unsubscribe?
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Feedback [Staff Update]

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard PRO says:

We've just launched a new feature that lets you connect Flickr to Facebook (through Yahoo! Updates) and Yahoo! Updates itself.

You can read more about it in the blog post and FAQs. When you're ready to turn it on, it's in Your Account settings.

If you have any feedback please let us know below. If you've found a bug, head on over here.

Staff Update

July 9 Updates to Facebook are now batched

====

June 10 5:19 PDT Removing the old integration is not needed and may delete posts from your feed.
:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157624118021155/7215762...

[edited to fix blog link]

[UPDATE: Please see the new Feedback topic, which discusses the batched goodness! yay!]
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157624334165147/

Posted at 8:32PM, 9 June 2010 PST ( permalink )
zyrcster (staff) edited this topic 68 months ago.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 188 replies in [Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Feedback [Staff Update])
view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Your Blog link is messed up, "Bzzt! There's nothing to see at that web address."

blog.flickr.net/2010/06/09/flickr-facebook/

EDIT:

Now it's working.
Posted 69 months ago. ( permalink )
Burnt Umber edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin PRO says:

Check the link now, BU, the one Zack updated

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Kevin Yeah, it's working now.

view photos

ColleenM PRO says:

Thank you thank you thank you
for making this opt in instead of opt out!

view photos

Wil C. Fry PRO says:

ColleenM said:

Thank you thank you thank you
for making this opt in instead of opt out!

+1

view photos

Mary Kirtland says:

I usually upload a set of 20+ pictures at a time. I would rather post about the complete set (when I am done editing all the descriptions) than spam my family with 20+ individual Facebook posts.

It would be nice if the blog/twitter feature worked at the set level too, for that matter.

view photos

Flickr Staff

foreverdigital says:

Thanks for the suggestion, Mary. We're definitely working on adding more types of updates in the future - this is just the beginning!

view photos

personne.de.chandigarh PRO says:

This is still a bit too 'automatic' for those flickrites who may not wish all their Facebook friends to be in the know about what's going on in their (the flickerites') respective photostreams. Perhaps a facilitation for sending individual updates to facebook on the lines of 'blog this' (which can be used for tweeting) would have helped. But, I guess that needs to be taken up in the Flickrideas group. In any case, adding a Flickrphoto link in the Facebook 'publisher' serves well enough.

view photos

Brook & Joe PRO says:

This looks like a great feature but I would love it if there was ever a way to enable sharing of private (friends and/or family permissions) photos on Facebook. I use Flickr in a different way than most users: as a way to keep an online catalogue of all of my family pictures. I lock everything down to just the people that I want to see them. There are so many of my friends and family that are on Facebook but not Flickr, so sharing with them is not as easy or elegant as it could be. And I don't want to upload twice for Flickr and Facebook.

I say, Flickr Pro users should have the ability to set a permission somewhere so that their private photos can be shared with certain external sites (Facebook, etc.). Then, I'd be a candidate to take advantage of this new feature. That would be awesome and would clear up a lot of headaches for me. :)

view photos

Pascal \o/ says:

WTF, I say 'yes' to a Flickr-Facebook connection, and Yahoo goes ahead and makes a Yahoo Pulse page/profile for me?! That's NOT what I said 'yes' to!

I don't want anything to do with Yahoo (yes, I know Flickr is owned by Yahoo), specially not if they try to sneak it in like this.

*now going back and disabling it all again*
Pascal \o/ edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

fatsopatso says:

I agree with Mary, I just tried this and it posts each individual photo onto my wall. I am uploading just under 90 photos and had to turn off this feature to avoid spamming facebook.

It would be nice if it could group it all into one post if theres alot of uploads at a time.

view photos

DazJW says:

A post for every image is silly and allowing Yahoo access to my Facebook isn't acceptable, I'm going back to the old Facebook import way.
DazJW edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

Chapendra says:

Will this push many photo updates one at a time or a bulk load? If no bulk load, I'm gone.

view photos

rockerjjt says:

I set up the link, and it posted 400 individual updates of pictures i uploaded recently, now disabled.

view photos

Juliet Coghlan says:

i'd love to be able to share my private flickr photos with my friends and family on facebook, instead of having put all the photos i'd like to share as public. is it possible to have another check box where you choose public or private which says facebook? that would be really useful.

view photos

بحار بلا سفينة says:

حياااكم

view photos

Modestine l'ânesse des Cévennes says:

Ok great but how to share photo on a Facebook Page for business ?
Is there an application for that ?

view photos

hvhernen PRO says:

I have download a set of 103 pictures. The result is about 103 messages in Facebook.

Please let me know how to disable this feature .

view photos

Jeff Milsteen PRO says:

I just got an flickrmail saying:

"You've just enabled sharing Flickr updates to Facebook through Yahoo!

Just a quick reminder that you've just chosen to start sending Yahoo! Updates to Facebook which includes your Flickr uploads.

If this is what you want, no action is required.

If you do not want Flickr updates going to Facebook you can manage your settings over here.

The Flickreenos"

I didn't "choose" to do anything and when I went to my account setting, the default setting for this appears to be set for "off". Surely Flickr is not defaulting this setting to on. Why did I get an email saying I had chosen to do something I clearly did not, and do not, want to do?

view photos

DazJW says:

The updates go out of Flickr, into Yahoo and then out of Yahoo onto Facebook. This is explained in this blog and before you accept.

view photos

toeytoeytoeytoeytoey PRO says:

I think it's better to publish all photos uploaded in one time on one post. Otherwise, it's too much on the facebook wall.

view photos

New Hope Powell says:

Would be great if there was an option to link a Flickr account with a fan page instead of a personal one.

view photos

EJP Photo PRO says:

Well it seems to work, and work better than many of the other solutions out there to do the same thing, so good job on it.

My only immediate comment is that the "Tags" line in the Facebook post is kind of silly, especially since it doesn't display all the tags. It's ugly and I'm not sure what use the first 4-5 tags would be to anyone anyway.

view photos

Window World Inc. says:

I'm with New Hope Powell and others. Is there a way or a solution coming soon that will allow us to upload photos directly to a fan page?

view photos

TAZphotos says:

I agree with Toey

It would be helpful if when you added a group of photos to your photostream, it only added ONE post to your facebook wall (and consequently your friends news feed)

view photos

Tim W ----- PRO says:

This is great but how about a way to just share a single photo that you see on flickr? YouTube has share links, even most wordpress blogs have share links that are more sophisticated than the flickr share links.

view photos

BlueRidgeKitties PRO says:

I haven't tried it out yet (Facebook won't work on this computer), but from the comments above it sounds like it will post either all or none of the pictures you upload to Flickr as public as individual entries on your Facebook page? As others have said above, I would have preferred a way to "post this to Facebook" like the "Blog this" button that allows you to control which pictures to post on Facebook. I also would like an option to post a "digest" of some sort, maybe once a day, for all the uploads you did that day if you are uploading in batches. And I would like to be able to choose which thumbnail(s) would show up on Facebook with such a post.

view photos

Flickr Staff

foreverdigital says:

Modestine l'ânesse des Cévennes - You can only choose to post photos to your own Facebook feed. If you'd like to put your photos on one of your Fan Pages, we suggest checking out The App Garden.

view photos

Brock PRO says:

It sounds from many that porting a trigger that is similar to the "photo's from your contacts" feed rather than as it does at present maybe wise. Setting the contacts feed on the home page to "show one image from each contact" would produce the same sort of behaviour that a lot of people would prefer to see on their facebook updates. Can that not be what is sent across to Yahoo updates as default instead? Maybe even with the first image posted plus a link to the stream if there is more?

However, it seems to me that the primarily social and 'updatey' style of facebook doesn't suit the flow and style of flickr. I'd have thought that a way to, through the existing interfaces, share a set or image from their own stream to their Facebook account (through the obvious attempt at spotlight grabbing means of the Yahoo Portal) would be better. If people could choose which, when and in what form (single images or sets) were sent over to Facebook, this may prove more popular.

Flickr is (for as lot of users) predominately about images, Facebook is all about the person. Trying to jam the two together as equal in importance clashes, to my mind. Even if people want to 100% share their images with Facebook, surely a significant proportion would want to manage that in some way - posting in a manner that communicates with your facebook friends rather than overloading them with pictures the whole time. It feels a little all or nothing as it is now. Look, Twitter and Facebook? Seamless match and 100% cross-updating makes perfect sense. Flickr? Not so much for most of the user base (perhaps even the majority) as I understand it to be from my usage of it.

As it exists at the moment, it's a bit too obvious that Yahoo is more interested in driving traffic to/through Yahoo Portal and piggy back on the facebook popularity train rather than any genuine interest in a convenient Flickr/Facebook interface that suits the user. I think this approach is actually less helpful to that aim than a more controllable method of distribution of images between the two (even if the control was from the Portal itself) would be.
Brock edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

Walwyn PRO says:

When I was looking to drive updates to a facebook account I used twitterfeed. This allows you to associate 1 or more RSS feeds with twitbook accounts you can then configure how often it checks the feed (from 30 minutes to once a day). Then when it detects an activity it send between 1-5 update messages to the twitbook accounts.
Walwyn edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

DazJW says:

For the people suggesting having a "Facebook this" button, why don't you just copy the URL of the photo and paste it on your Facebook feed like a status? It'll show the title of the photo, a thumbnail and the description.

view photos

Hoss says:

How long does it take for photos I upload here to be posted on my facebook wall?

view photos

TS Gentuso says:

Have you addressed the copyright issues in regards to Flickr postings on FB? My understanding is that they differ greatly with FB not only having the ability to use any images posted on it for their purposes, but ALSO the ability to allow third parties to use your FB photos--without your permission (FB states this in their legal agreement you signed when you set up your account). Flickr, however, does not do this.

Many professional photogs have started taking photos off of FB and simply linking them in order to avoid this....

view photos

Flickr Staff

foreverdigital says:

Hoss Check out the FAQ here. You public photos should start to appear in about 10 minutes.

tsgentuso We are only sending thumbnails over to Facebook, not the whole photo. Neither Facebook nor third parties will have access to your larger photos via Facebook.

(edited to clarify the privacy question)
foreverdigital (staff) edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

BlueRidgeKitties PRO says:

I have the Flickr - Facebook connection already set up through the "extend Flickr" tab. I've had to disable/re-enable this in the past and when I did that, all my previous Flickr updates on Facebook disappeared along with all the comments that my Facebook friends made on them. I read I have to disable the old connection if I wanted to switch to this new way of linking. Will the same happen again? Will I lose all my friends' comments on previous Flickr updates on Facebook?

view photos

Hoss says:

Got it, thanks.

Suggestion: instead of posting each added image as a separate posting, group them together and make a single post only.

view photos

eohawaii says:

I just created a flickr account for an organization, I also have my own personal facebook page and connected to that I have a fan page for my organization but want to upload photos from flickr to one of my fan pages (i am the admin person) for the facebookpage.

Can that be done or only onto your personal page and if so how? Thanks

view photos

meltedplastic says:

Works good, but I also suggest that the pictures should be grouped together. 100 posts for 100 pictures is ridiculous. One post only. Going back to the old apps now, let us know when you get it polished a bit better.

view photos

Kevin N. Murphy PRO says:

Nice feature but horrible if you do more than two or three pictures at a time. Just blasted my stream with 40+ photos. Group them together. Going back to old import on Facebook.

view photos

Jenna Tollerson PRO says:

I hate to be on Facebook's side on this, but the native FB way of doing this is far more elegant (if you upload 16 or 20 or 120 photos at around the same time, it groups them) and doesn't require that I send my photos through Yahoo Updates, a service I simply want nothing to do with.

view photos

Freester PRO says:

I want to like this but I'm sticking with the FB method for 3 reasons.

The FB way shows a thumb of the WHOLE image, not just a cropped square.

I really can't see the advantage of showing the tags to my facebook friends.

Echo the above on grouping images together.

Unfortunately I deleted my FB flickr app before I enabled the Flickr update. This removed all of my previous Flickr upload posts from my wall. Arrgghh - beware!
Freester edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

jakerome PRO says:

Wow, it does delete all the old wall entries upon unlinking via Facebook. That's more a Facebook issue than a Flickr issue, but I would NOT have followed the Flickr recommendation to "disable" the old method if I knew that would be the outcome.

And agree w/ everyone else: a separate post for 10, 50 or 200 photos uploaded in hours is ridiculous. At a minimum, group them in 10-minute intervals since there's already that lag regardless.

Also, what's up with the "new" Yahoo! photos? I'm totally perplexed by that.

view photos

Sparticus says:

Seconded (or forty-seconded or whatever) the comment on the spamming of my wall. This is one step forward and two backward. Uploading more than one photo is seriously hideous. Batches (like how facebook photos or the old flickr photo link) is definitely the better option.

view photos

hansHager PRO says:

Why not a facebook checkbox rather than just blanket all "public" goes to fB ... a way to change that so its only when you want it to go to fB not every public image.

view photos

fjordaan PRO says:

Just to add my voice to the scores above who already made the same point: posting bulk uploads to the Facebook wall as individual posts is just insane. What were you thinking?

Will go back to the old Facebook method until you fix it. But really: did you not anticipate this?

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Just an update we posted in the Bugs topic, but that ought to be here, too:

UPDATE: Removing the old integration is not needed and may delete posts from your feed

We've had reports that if you remove the old integration, Facebook removes all previously shared posts from your newsfeed, including the comments on those posts. We also haven't seen duplicate updates when people have both setup. So you can turn on the new integration and leave the old one as is.

We've updated our documents and apologize for the confusion.

view photos

DanOCan says:

I originally posted in the Bug thread before popping over here because I had to think the "one post per photo" thing HAD to be a bug. I'm really glad I only uploaded four photos this first time because if it had been a large number and I spammed my Facebook friends with a hundred or more postings they wouldn't be my friends very long.

This is something that simply HAS to be changed. I'll be disabling the feature because it is essentially unusable in the current state.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Still not seeing a photo on Facebook that I uploaded to Flickr hours ago. It's a public photo, and FB sharing has been activated. Ideas?

view photos

NatalieMaynor PRO says:

I've been linking Flickr photos to Facebook for ages with no problem -- until tonight. Now I have some that I really, really, really want to be on Facebook, but it's not working. Nothing happens. The relationship between Flickr and Facebook seems to have died.

view photos

Brendan =) says:

I too have just disabled this feature. I uploaded 500 photos and my friends complained about 500 notifications saying "1 photo has been uploaded to flickr". Can I have the option to control the frequency that notifications are sent out, eg Once a week, Once a day, Every 6 hours, Every hour etc.

view photos

NatalieMaynor PRO says:

WHAT HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CLUTTER!!! Suddenly the pictures I uploaded are showing up on Facebook ONE AT A TIME. I'm mortified that my friends' pages are full of single uploads. This SUX, SUX, SUX!!!

view photos

NatalieMaynor PRO says:

My latest FB update:

is horrified at what Flickr has done to the Flickr-Facebook link and will immediately change the setting so that no Flickr pictures are linked. This one-by-one thing is horrific!!!

view photos

paragdgala says:

Two items in my feedback:
1. This integration posts a thumb sized image, whereas posting a link pastes a slightly larger image. Having a slightly larger image is better IMO, since it creates a greater curiosity in the user's mind cauing them to click it.

2. At times, I like to tag my facebook friends (@friendname) in the status of the flickr link I post on facebook.

The automated thing is good, but an additional 'Share This on facebook' would be much appreciated and can meet the above needs. (Y! can pull my facebook contacts and that could help for pt. 2)

I seldom upload multiple pics, but everything people have written above looks scary. Thanks for the warning people.

view photos

breeoxd PRO says:

what the hell? 198 posts on my fb now? how do I get back to the old way of doing this, this is horrible looking!

view photos

personne.de.chandigarh PRO says:

"...if ever there was a way....."

There is. Go to the "All Sizes" page of the private Flickr photo you want to share on Facebook. Copy the "farm" URL of the Flickr photo size you want to share on Facebook and paste it as a link in the Facebook 'publisher'.

view photos

joshzam PRO says:

These repeated individual posts are a great way to sully both Flickr's brand image and my relationships with my FB friends. The quickly-achieved results are that people block/avoid anything related to Flickr or they simply remove me as a friend.

view photos

Micke-fi says:

foreverdigital says:
We are only sending thumbnails over to Facebook, not the whole photo. Neither Facebook nor third parties will have access to your larger photos via Facebook.

Have you checked this with a lawyer? This is not about having access to files. It is about granting legal rights to use a photo. The fact that you only transfer a thumbnail does not necessary invalidate the legal language in FB's terms.

Anyway, people who are serious about photography keep their shots far away from FB. Flickr should display a big and clear warning about FB's hostile legal terms if somebody still want to sign up to this feature.

view photos

Patrick Mayon PRO says:

I much prefer the old version. I could choose when I wanted to tell my facebook friends that I uploaded new photos on flickr. I used to do it after a serie of photos. I also don't want to import the comment or description.

I have got a feeling that it's more than an integration FB/Flickr. It also integrates Flickr a bit deeper into Yahoo!. The flickr logo is gone. :-(

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hi Micke-fi, just to clarify Jenn's (foreverdigital) statement above, the photos are hosted within Yahoo!/on Flickr, we do not actually 'send' the file itself to Facebook. What is sent is the information (the file's location) needed for Facebook to show the file for viewing which is being served from Flickr's servers to your browser.

All, thanks for the feedback; we're reading it all so keep it coming!
zyrcster (staff) edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Is there any way I can the issue of my Flickr images NOT appearing on FB resolved? Thanks...

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

Hm. I had to delete the connection between Flickr and FB then redo it, and now it seems to be working.

view photos

andi*pandi PRO says:

Definitely we need some kind of grouping. I upload bunches of photos at a time, and that's too much for the feed. I think a daily summation would be fine instead of 20 individual postings.

view photos

florencesinoir says:

How Can I connect with my facebook page -and not with my profil-? Thanks

view photos

carolynhack PRO says:

There are three things I'd like to see changed about this. In order of priority:

1) Make a single post for a batch or set of photos uploaded, instead of individual posts for every photo.
2) Add a simple "Post to Facebook" option under the "Share This" link on both individual photos and photo sets. The result would be a single post on my Facebook wall that links to the photo or set I chose.
3) (I know this one is probably for the backlog.) If I have attached my Flickr account to Facebook, make it possible for Flickr photos I have been tagged in to appear under the Photos tab of my profile on Facebook.

Thanks!
Carolyn

view photos

billywhite4 PRO says:

I would like to just add my vote to the chatter. I added 36 photos in a set with this and to my horror, spammed the heck out of my Facebook friends. One post per photo is ridiculous, and should not be the default. Turning off until this is an option.

Thanks,
Billy

view photos

mygothlaundry says:

Yeah, the one by one thing is godawful, really bad. I had the automatic setup before where it would say on Facebook that I had uploaded 20 photos to Flickr and that worked just fine. Please can we go back to that? I always upload in batches and one by one facebook wall updates are horrible. If y'all are not going to change it can I return to the old way? Am disabling the sharing thing as of now, please let us know what the resolution is.

view photos

@Wickliffe PRO says:

That didn't work out well. I had one guy bitch me out when I uploaded 70 photos and it made 70 entries on my Facebook feed. What would be nice is to set it so with the first upload to a new set, it makes one entry and that's it. I just had to turn integration off until this is fixed.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard PRO says:

Hi all,

As foreverdigital noted, we're looking at adding more types of updates in the future.

If this doesn't work for you as it is now, with an update being sent for each photo, try searching for Facebook in the App Garden. There are other applications there you can use to connect Flickr to Facebook that don't send an update for each photo.

view photos

Lú_ PRO says:

There really needs to be language in the FAQ and *especially* when you click "Connect" making it clear that there will be one Facebook post per photo.

view photos

scpetrel PRO says:

This is a good start. Like others, I'm apprehensive about the one-by-one update posting. Until we have some more fine-grained control, I'm staying with the old way. Looking forward to further enhancements.

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

After not appearing on FB, then appearing on FB, my images are no longer appearing. I had to delete the connection between Flickr and FB to get it working the first time. Please tell me I don't have to do this each time.

view photos

Brendon & Keryn PRO says:

Turned it on, uploaded a batch of photos (253) and spammed facebook. Quickly turned off. This looks like a hack someone from yahoo put together rather than a planned, researched feature.

I'll look at it again when there are proper batch options and target controls.

view photos

ScottTD PRO says:

I agree with many of the other suggestions. There needs to be an algorhym that will combine photos that are posted to flicker in the same timeframe into a single post to facebook.

view photos

elpit PRO says:

So far I get 1 facebook post per batch (not per photo) and everything seems right. Except that I need to go to the Wall / Settings in Facebook and click on the "update now" to make the photos appear on my wall.

view photos

miahz PRO says:

"Me too" on the batch update instead of one post for each photo. Basically like the email notifications you get if you're subscribed to someone.

"So and so just uploaded 5 photos…"

view photos

Peter Morawski says:

i've waited over an hour and no update. it is installed on fb, all permissions granted, it's setup on flickr, all permissions, yet nothing - what could the issue me for me?

btw, facebook's old way to import flickr photos has already updated, so why hasn't this new way updated my page?

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

I hope you receive some help on this. I have the same problem at the moment.

view photos

Skip The Budgie PRO says:

"Me too" on the batch update instead of one post for each photo. Basically like the email notifications you get if you're subscribed to someone.

"So and so just uploaded 5 photos…"

view photos

perro.hunter says:

I'm getting this message while trying to pay with paypal!

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Yahoo, Inc. and try another option."

view photos

frankfarm PRO says:

Flickr and Yahoo! -- thank you for working on this integration. I like the idea of the integration, but as (I think) everyone else has complained, one Facebook post per image uploaded is not a smart way to handle it when multiple images are uploaded (which I am guessing happens frequently).

This feature would be much, much nicer if you fixed this one thing.

I suggest that if more than one photo is uploaded at a time you (a) display only the representative thumbnail that I have chosen for the set, or (b) display up to 5 thumbnails from the set where the first one is the one that I have set as the representative image for the set and the next 4 are the first 4 in the natural set order (without duplicating the representative image if it is within the first 5 images). Better yet if you can let us choose how many thumbs we'd like to show. More bonus points if I can configure what the delay is before the autoposts will appear on Facebook -- I prefer to title and describe and tag post-upload because Uploadr (Mac, latest version), as impressive a work as it is, crashes or otherwise fails with data loss too frequently for me to trust it.

I, too, will disable the Facebook connection until I see an improvement. For what it's worth, I have tried other third-party Facebook apps and found none of them to be reliable and do what I want. For a while I resorted to manually pasting the link to my Flickr set as a post to my wall, but recently this feature stopped showing the thumbnail correctly, so I don't do this much anymore, either.

Just fyi, I am not interested in Yahoo! 360 or Yahoo! Pulse or whatever they are calling it now -- very few people I know use it. For social media, it's important to have a critical mass, and right now that's Facebook.

If you handle this integration well, you'll be in a good position to let those new Facebook visitors know how much better Flickr deals with photo sharing than Facebook. e.g., when you get an non-Flickr-user visitor from Facebook, put a friendly, unobtrusive note somewhere like this: "New to Flickr? Join for free! See the [Top 5 Reasons Flickr is better than Facebook for photos]." (Or maybe you are doing this already?)

view photos

gwennie2006 says:

Like frankfarm, I was in the habit of posting links from flickr to my wall on facebook. Unfortunately that does not work well in most links anymore, as there are no more thumbnails to choose. That was the best part, the choice of thumbnails for your post. Now gone in most cases.

The new integration is a wonderful opportunity to show others about flickr, but the current way floods all your friends pages on facebook, and looks bad. I hope you at least revert the old link method. That was a really nice feature that worked very well.

The automatic thing needs some work honestly, its a bit of an embarrassment. Maybe try and link up groups, discussions and such too. There is much more to flickr as a whole than just photos.. Some friendly guidance through flickr...like a brief tour...could let folks see it better, like frankfarm mentions above too.

There is some nice potential there, but please don't shut off what already worked great, and better.

view photos

FedTraveler says:

I like the speed at which the Yahoo updates hit my Facebook wall, but I do not like the individual wall post that it makes for each uploaded picture. I agree with everyone that if one could consolidate their pics into one post, or have one post for a set and be able to control through Facebook the privacy setting for the post, then it would be perfect.

For now, I have switched back to the old method.

view photos

your pal ryan says:

I just uploaded 57 pictures don't like that it posted 57 times to facebook for each picture

view photos

zagudabuda says:

Seems like there are similar cries of distaste for the one photo one post to facebook default settings. I tried to find a way to change that but it doesn't look like the feature exists yet. Great idea but just not very well integrated yet. Ideally it would be nice if it would make a post for a set I upload or a select picture from a set.

I appreciate this app, I really dislike uploading photos to facebook but for now I can't use it. I hope to see it improved.

Best of luck!

view photos

Kelly Rae- PRO says:

I am being harassed by a flickr employee, [Removed by staff], who possibly took the filter off three of my photos and then accuses me of being deviant. He is now telling me to take off my website, www.kellydaughertyphotography.com from 1000+ photos. This is ludicrous.

I need to know where I can speak with someone beyond this troublesome person.

this is the second time he has harassed me about my stream. Can someone please help me. I have a pro account.

Kelly
Zack Sheppard (staff) edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

Kelly Rae- PRO says:

What has happened to this world when artists cannot share their work. How do we expect to become a better society?

can someone please help me get my account back.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Zack Sheppard PRO says:

Kelly,

That has nothing to do with this topic so if you are going to post please don't post in threads that are not related to your issue.

This member of Flickr staff isn't harassing you but is trying to help bring your photostream in line with the Flickr Community Guidelines. You are still welcome to share your work here on Flickr but ask that you filter it according to the content filters so people can choose what they want to see.

Safe search lets people choose what they want to see but we depend on you to filter your content so make it work. Because this topic isn't the place for this, please check out the FAQs linked above, moderate your content if needed, and ask for a re-review.

Link to a commercial site are also not allowed on the photo page per the Community Guidelines. If your link isn't commercial please reply to the case about that.

view photos

alanchown PRO says:

I've had to turn this off- spamming my Wall. One post per group of uploads please.

view photos

dsphoto- says:

yeah but what constitues a group of uploads? I process and upload pretty slow and yeah, it is just a huge spam of my facebook newsfeed. Of course I can turn it all OFF and then upload and then turn it ON again, that is defintiely too much trouble. Why are you guys trying to automate this anyway? Just give me a button that says 'share this to facebook' and we're done. Make sure I can share sets collections and galleries too the same way. It really shouldn't be that big a deal, I guess all corporations have to over complicate everything these days

view photos

russelljsmith says:

I can't live with this adding a post to Facebook for every single new photo I upload. It needs lots more control. It's questionable that this function should have ever been switched on without more control over how it works.

I would suggest a frequency setting as follows:
-- Unlimited posts to Facebook (this is the current setting)
-- Max one post to Facebook per hour (suggested default)
-- Max one post to Facebook per day (abiltiy to choose the time of day?)
-- Max one post to Facebook per week.

For now I'm turning this off, which is a shame as it could be a great way to share my Flickr photos with my Facebook friends (as long as it wasn't spamming their feeds).

Russell

view photos

kmacgray PRO says:

An excellent suggestion.

view photos

djmendez PRO says:

+1 for options to not spam facebook item by item.

How about updating only with new set and/or collection?

view photos

Dee-AnnL says:

+1 for not feeding every single item individually to Facebook, I post photos in blocks and don't want people getting 30 individual items. This is why I never turned on Twitter integration.
Dee-AnnL edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

Peter Morawski says:

well i got no help with my issue so o'm removing this feature. the facebook import feature shows one post even if you upload 100 images to flickr, so i don't get why this "new" feature seems like it's behind.

view photos

~dgies says:

+1 for only posting once for a batch of uploads.

Would also be a good to test that Lightroom 3's Flickr integration doesn't get treated as a bunch of individual updates.

view photos

luke.me.up PRO says:

+1 for grouping updates. luckily I've uploaded only 2 photos since enabling integration and turned it off immediately. Where's the old version?
luke.me.up edited this topic 69 months ago.

view photos

redisant PRO says:

As many others above have said this works poorly in that it creates a new FB post for each photo uploaded. Grouping them by batch or set would make way more sense.

Also, I am not happy about suddenly having joined another social network without realizing it after enabling this feature.

I've disabled it until it works right and no longer forces me to be on yahoo's crappy social network (which I have also now locked down as much as possible and will be looking into how to delete my profile from it entirely).

view photos

Breaksteel says:

Please allow one update sent to Facebook per upload and not per picture, or at least include a menu function where you can change between the two. I do not feel my friends need to be notified of all the 500 photos I upload individually.

view photos

Peter Morawski says:

"Why are you guys trying to automate this anyway? Just give me a button that says 'share this to facebook' and we're done. Make sure I can share sets collections and galleries too the same way."

+1

view photos

andrewhao says:

Agreed that an aggregated wall post would be sufficient. I've turned off the feature for now.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2
(1 to 100 of 188 replies in [Official Topic] Facebook/Yahoo! Updates - Feedback [Staff Update])
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads