Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search (Beta)
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Uploadr for Mac (Beta)
Latest: 17 hours ago
[Announcement] Flickr now supports public domain and CC0 works
Latest: 31 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing Flickr Tab for Chrome
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Personalized photo recommendations on Android (Koala Beta)
Latest: 5 days ago

Current Discussion

How to find the original person who took a photo?
Latest: 83 minutes ago
Unable to Process Video
Latest: 3 hours ago
Several photos in album have disappeared.
A new "Date Posted on" bug?
problems uploading video
finding someone by their name
Latest: 4 hours ago
Save uploaded pics?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Picture downloading
Latest: 6 hours ago
Where did my pictures go?
Latest: 7 hours ago
All my images are in explore...which is mad because they are not!
Can I permantly delete an album?
albums
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed] Uploadr for Video

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Update 18 December:

***Please use the new 3.1.1 version of Uploadr that you can find in this topic.

flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/87503/

______
150 MB is quite a lot, so here's a new version of Flickr Uploadr ready to send your videos to the site. It should be able to handle all of the normal video formats but if you find something strange please do let us know.

(During the beta test there was some concern about stalling uploads and that bug has been found and vanquished.)

Edit: All better now! Here are some new download links.

Windows:

German: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-de.exe
English: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-en.exe
Spanish: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-es.exe
French: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-fr.exe
Italian: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-it.exe
Korean: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-kr.exe
Portuguese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-br.exe
Chinese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-hk.exe

Mac:

German: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-de.dmg
English: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-en.dmg
Spanish: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-es.dmg
French: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-fr.dmg
Italian: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-it.dmg
Korean: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-kr.dmg
Portuguese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-br.dmg
Chinese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-hk.dmg

For anyone having issues with this version, there are still a number of other ways to upload to Flickr. The Flash based upload page, also previously released versions, including links to some 3rd party upload applications such as Flock, Windows Live Gallery, and jUploadr. You are welcome to use whatever works best for you before another release. (Only the Flash based upload page will upload video however.)
Posted at 8:38PM, 8 April 2008 PDT ( permalink )
Kevin (staff) edited this topic 77 months ago.

(101 to 200 of 396 replies in [Closed] Uploadr for Video)
view photos

dburvall says:

Hi, I have a bug report, not sure where to post it so I'll try this thread.

It seems the Uploadr (I've tried several versions between 3.0-3.1) is unable to pick up description tags when they contain national characters, such as the swedish 'å', 'ä' and 'ö'.
Is this a known error? Can it be fixed?

Edit: I should add that the descriptions were added from Picasa 2 if that matters. Also, it would be wonderful if keywords added in picasa2 could be picked up as tags by the Uploadr.
Posted 85 months ago. ( permalink )
dburvall edited this topic 85 months ago.

view photos

Jean Knowles says:

It looks like I get to uninstall this one, too. I tried an earlier version (3.0.5) and had countless problems; 3.1.0 has only one: the upload stalls at 93% every time I upload even a single photo. When I go to my Flickr page, the photo is there, even though the Uploadr will stay at the 93% mark for the next hour if I leave it open. The next time I use the Uploader I have to remove the last photo, since it's still not showing as having completed. Back to the old Uploader, which works.

view photos

Jayel Aheram says:

I keep getting "Bonk!" problems with the web uploader or it would sometimes just freeze my computer (or crash Firefox) when attempting to upload videos larger than 5MB.

view photos

jamskes says:

Let's see if I can explain this right...
When I open uploadr , it does not give me an option to drag and drop files, it just immediately starts putting my images from my pictures on the screen. I, of course do not need ALL my photos uploaded again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times, and it has not fixed the problem. Am I missing something? Thanks!

view photos

gatestone says:

Here is a problem, that is not just a video issue, but more general:

If you 'add' big directories with, say, 1000 files to Uploadr, it takes hours to render them to the local Uploadr preview window, even before sending. And the Uploadr starves the rest of the computer with 99% CPU load. There is almost no way to abort, even unistalling will not help: Uploadr will continue the same exhausting job after re-installation!

See my experience in gatestone.jaiku.com/presence/32432508#c-996860

view photos

Hollywood Monkey says:

I downloaded this new Uploadr to upload a video. That didn't work (see above post) but it also doesn't work for photos. How do I get a copy of the old one that worked fine? I'm now stuck using the web one.... blech.

I get the yellow warning icon and in the console it says:

Error: Cc{'@flickr.com/gm;1'] is undefinied Line 32
source file chrome;//uploadr/content/threads.js

Error: threads.gm is null Line 58
Source File chrome;//uploadr/content/threads.js

Error: Line 268
Source File chrome;//uploadr/content/threads.js

I have tried hitting clear in the error console. I tried erasing the uploadr and reinstalling.

view photos

ColleenM says:

The tools page has links to several earlier versions of the Uploadr.

www.flickr.com/tools/

view photos

Hollywood Monkey says:

thank you so much ColleenM. I hadn't seen "the small print" there with the older one. I'm, once again, a happy camper.

view photos

Dales World says:

Are there any upload tools for mobile phones that will allow video uploads? I have a Nokia N93, and can upload photos using the built in application, but videos are currently not supported. Do you know if there are any plans to add support for video?

I realise I can upload via email, or by using m.flickr.com but the Nokia upload tool is so easy to use.

view photos

Fogcat says:

I'm having huge problems with the uploadr. I'm only using it to upload phots (3.05 was worse).

The upload process dies with a message that XULRunner has stopped working. Sometimes this is after uploading one picture, sometimes 2, the most it has done without being restarted is 8.

I'm running on Vista Premium SP1

view photos

Tamar Marvin says:

I can't drag & drop photos from my Picasa2 library into the new uploadr. I get the little circle-with-a-slash symbol. Anyone know what's going on? I can drag & drop from My Pictures, no problem. The old uploadr was fine both ways.

Thanks!

ETA: Still having this problem, but I found a workaround: the (awesome) picasa2flickr plugin supervenes it.
Tamar Marvin edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

Camp Fire USA River Bend Council says:

I have the 3.1 version linked at the top of the thread, and using it only for photos (no videos).

Each time I try to upload photos, it gets to 95% or more and then gets stuck. It doesn't create the new set that I've requested, doesn't add the photos to the set, and will not verify the upload and take me to the completion screen. It does upload all the photos.

I'm not uploading huge batches - only 15-20 photos at a time.

Please help!

view photos

Jim Skea says:

I haven't been able to upload a photo for days now with the default Web uploader. It dies at 99% complete. I'm uploading* low-compression JPEGs of about 2Mb.

The basic Uploader works fine.

I'm using Firefox in Windows XP with SP2.

*trying to upload.

view photos

calipete says:

I have a bug in 3.0.5 that I would like to know if 3.1.0 fixes:

I have set multiple, perhaps a dozen or more, batches in que to upload. Each batch is associated with either a new or existing group. If the upload stalls, I can hit retry and the upload immediately resumes. The problem is that everything that is uploaded after the retry no longer goes into any set. I have to spend hours resorting everything that is uploaded after the resume.

While on the subject, is there any way that Uploadr could be programmed to automatically retry a few times, in case of stalled uploads?

Thanks a bundle!
Posted 84 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

amanda p. wu says:

my right click and send to flickr doesn't work with the 3.1 for videos or photos.

however, drag and drop does work.

view photos

carlylutzmann says:

I am unable to upload even one photo, less than 1MB, using the Web Uploader. It takes its sweet time failing, though.

view photos

zyrcster says:

On two separate occasions with v 3.1 English for Mac OSX 10.4.11, the upload successfully completes getting the photos into my stream with tags, titles, and descriptions, but totally fails to add the images to the set I've selected. I even let it run for an hour last time before giving up. When I quit the program and re-open, the images are still in there and I have to clear them. The images have to be manually added to the sets after upload.

[edit to add]: and hitting the cancel button does nothing. I have to use Quit, at which point it generates an error message and then quits.

view photos

BoldPuppy says:

I'm using v3.1 now (after the previous version had stalling issues...) and this one is not only having the same stall issues, it's also no longer picking up new "send to flickr" images (I have to drag/drop). I'm on Win XP.

view photos

highplains says:

this is fraking BRUTAL. BRUTAL.

view photos

iansand says:

I have something likeJim Skea's problem. It hangs on 99%. The photos are actually uploaded but they are not added to sets, and sometimes tags do not load.

Uploadr 3.1, Firefox & XP
iansand edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

glenOX [glen navarra] says:

Same as other here i have also problem with flickr uploadr www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/71506/ . I didnt realize the official thread started here,i thought its all about video uploadr which im not inetersted.

view photos

Mrs. FireMom says:

Ugh. I was hoping this release would fix the stalling and lack of adding photos to newly made sets.

So. Frustrating.

view photos

Mrs. FireMom says:

Also? Why does it not accept .wmv files? The .wmv is only 4.30MB and is only 1:05 in length so, therefore, it should accept. But it just has an exclamation point. And when I click on the exclamation point to see what the error might be, it removes the file from queue. So, it's no help. Great.

view photos

Andreas. says:

No Upload Button in uploadr 3.1.0 suddenly.

I just want to upload a photo to flickr again and suddenly i found the uploadr don't have the upload button anymore. The job is prepared already to upload but i cannot upload it because ther is no upload button.

Thrying the trick with adding a photo with the + button don't owrk as it was used to do with the old classic uploadr. :-(

view photos

Andreas. says:

Got it to work now. Remove authorization of uploadr within the account preferences and re-authorizing brought back the upload button.

Before the uploadr WAS authorized and also telling me that I'm signed it and showed my user icon.

Anyway its working now, so I just want to share my experience for other users which may also be affected by it.

view photos

crios says:

I'm having a similiar problem to Mrs. FireMom. I'm trying to upload AVI files using Uploadr 3.1. The format is "Apple OpenDML JPEG." I took the video using a Canon PowerShot S1 IS, this is the format that the camera saves it in. Whether I drag and drop the video in or use the add button, I get a little exclamation point and the file won't upload. The videos will upload fine use the web upload.

System: iBook G4, 10.4.11, 1.25 GB RAM

view photos

`michelleBlack says:

frustrating.. especially to the paying members......

view photos

Devansh Jhaveri says:

i am getting the " infinite signing in problem" in the 3.1 as well as the previous version.It just sits at signing in after the authorisation and the big ready button is clicked.

view photos

glenOX [glen navarra] says:

The regular uploader is now so slow and still cannot sign in to flickr uploadr.Im very disappointed by your service. Now you are trying to be everything,shame on you. I want my money back.

_michelleBlack[wishes flickr was without videos!!] Thanks for your support

view photos

Dixon Marshall says:

Here is what I have found to be an excellent work-around (at least for photos) that Microsoft has not promoted well, for obvious reasons. Check my post in there for info.

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/71506/#reply444700

view photos

WBannard says:

When I download h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-en.dmg it arrives as an EXE file, which Macs cannot open.

view photos

seamusiv says:

Having the same problem as Mrs. FireMom and crios. All videos show up as an exclamation point in the Uploadr and when clicked disappear. Web uploader works fine.

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

Using a PC, Win XP (SP-2) and new 3.1 Uploader... Previously I was able to upload an .AVI file taken from my digital camera via the web uploader. Today, I took one of my .AVI files and converted it in Windows Movie Maker (as suggested by flickr staff in this forum: www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/70131/). My process in Windows Movie Maker was: (a) import .AVI file; (b) drag imported file down into the Show Story's Video block; (c) Click on File, Save Movie Wizard using default options; (d) a Movie.wmv file was created; (e) dragged that file into the flickr Uploadr and I get a yellow exclamation triangle; click on the yellow ! and it just disappears.

- Am I doing something wrong?
- Why is there just a yellow ! triangle but nothing to explain the symbol or error?
- Why does it just simply disappear?

I was able to upload today's file via the web uploadr. This is frustrating to say the least.
MadeIn1953 edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

frogwasteland says:

Using a PC, XP-SP2, uploadr 3.1 hangs at 99% for me. None of the uploaded files that made it up are in the groups I specified.

view photos

Mrs. FireMom says:

Now? My photo uploads are stalling at 99% like everyone else. Nothing made it to the selected sets.

As a paying member, I'm pretty peeved.

We haven't seen a comment from staff in awhile. Is this even being looked at or are we just SOL?

view photos

Janet Flynn says:

I've had a quick look through this thread and can't see anyone with similar problems - I've not been able to upload photos via the Uploadr for a couple of days. I'm using the Mac version and started off with v2.3, I was able to upload one batch, but the next day it stopped working. The error I was getting was that there was a network problem and I wasn't connected to the internet (which clearly is not correct, as here I am!). I thought upgrading to the latest version would help, but I'm still getting the same problem.

I can upload via the web interface - but I've got hundreds to upload and don't really want to have to use that.

Cheers
Janet

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

I wonder if this is why it appears so little is being done to quickly fix some of the uploadr problems:

rcrowley.org/ (see 4/8 post)

he's left flickr!

view photos

zyrcster says:

Staff addressed that concern here.

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

Thanks zyrcster - I missed that.

That's was two weeks ago and some of the basic issues have yet to be fixed - like uploading certain video file types.

In the mean time, I'll use the web uploader for the few videos I have.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Continuing development for new builds (and bug fixes!) is definitely being done; I don't have a timeline but we're working on an update.

view photos

TramBus says:

I'm really really really getting fed up with this issue.

view photos

cdedbdme says:

Version 3.0.5 -- POS. It failed almost every time I used it.

Version 3.1 -- I've used it once and it worked fine. I'll update if it bugs out.

view photos

Terry JB says:

Windows XP Version 3.0.5 Failed every time for me and I was getting very frustrated and annoyed.

Found V 3.1 here and installed with immediate results. Uploaded a batch of about 100 shots, but:

- Uploadr stalled at 99% in spite of which the stuff was on my site

- Not in the set specified

Annoyingly he default Uploadr on the download page is the broken version 3.05

view photos

pump-learn says:

Hi,

I use Vista Business. Version 3.0.5 never signed in. I upgraded to version 3.1. The problem remains. Uploadr does not sign in. On the status bar it writes "Signing into Flickr" , but it never does.

Any suggestions ?

view photos

lol-ita says:

For the record, w/ uploadr 3.1 on a Mac OSX 10.4.11, trying to upload a MOV file of 1'20", 110 MB, I get the same problem that Mrs FireMom reports with wmv files and crios reports with avi files: yellow triangle with exclamation mark, and the file disappears when you click on it. I had previously gotten repeated Bonks trying to upload the same file with the web uploadr. Flickr staff, what gives?

view photos

kmmms says:

I've tried both 3.0.5 and 3.1 and both of them won't work for me. I can't sign in on it at all. It's really frustrating!

view photos

kat's_eye says:

I've been trying to upload 3.0.5 for days and it's stalled at 0% every single time. The cuteness of that bonk message and "huston we have a problem" is wearing very very thin now..
Even when I used the web form for uploading I've been having problems editing titles and tags, been kicked out and told to relog-in multiple times.
Frustrating or what! what is going on and when will it be fixed?

view photos

Jean Knowles says:

Since I'm a glutton for punishment I've tried downloading 3.1.0 yet again (this is the fourth time, twice on my laptop and twice on my desktop), and still find the upload stalls, but now at several different points: resizing, processing, or at 97% This happens on both computers so it's not a local problem. Also the uploadr's "Add to set" feature simply doesn't work. I add a photo to a set and the next time I look at the settings the set I'd chosen is gone. I add the photo to the same set three times, then go to the Flickr page where it's not in any set. Once again I'm going to be uninstalling the new uploadr and going back to the old version. Sigh.

view photos

Theleom says:

I just installed the 3.1 version. No matter how I go about it, it hangs on startup, every time. I have tried reinstalling, rebooting and everything else I could think of. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Guess I'll switch back to the old one for the time being.

I never had any problems with 2.3.1. I'm running OS X 10.4.11 on a 2,16 Ghz Macbook.

view photos

FlintZA says:

I'd just like to add to the ranks of dissatisfied _paying_ members. I have been trying for hours now to upload photos, both with this new version, the one on the tools page and the old 2.x version, not to mention the flash uploader.
Being a software developer myself, I'd be inclined to go over and kick whoever's been tinkering with the server/services software and rollback to an older version that actually works.

view photos

llchen says:

I'm seeing the same problem of 0% status when uploading a video. I do see the file being uploaded to flickr looking at my network status monitor, and if I wait long enough for the file to be uploaded, the uploadr program tells me the uploading is complete. The uploading is working, but upload status updates seems to be broken.

view photos

ellen.in.oregon says:

Add one more, the 3.0.5 and the 3.1 versions don't even allow me to sign in! I've been trying since Feb to sign in, thought it was because my membership had lapsed. Nope, signed up, paid for the service and I still can't use the uploadrs and cannot sign in to upload.
Please fix the problem and extend my service to one year past the date that Uploadr actually works!

view photos

llchen says:

0% upload status seems to happen after the first batch of uploads after loading the program; also, when i cancel upload, even though the program says it's canceled, it's really not. I still seeing bits flying to up.flickr.com.

view photos

Jean Knowles says:

I agree. Why not rollback to a version that actually works? It makes a lot more sense than continuing to push one that doesn't.

view photos

Beckerbuns says:

HELLO??? Any status on a fix for this? With the previous uploadr version, the upload appeared to work but then got stuck on verification. Then only one photo would appear out of however many I'd upload, and the sets would not be created or added to.

Website uploads are freezing/not consistently working.

So installed the new version (I'm on a PC with XP) and it freezes uploading at 7%.

It would be nice to see someone address this issue. I'm paying for a service I can't use.

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

Tried to upload both photos and .AVI files via the uploadr. It uploaded one .jpg and tried to upload an .avi file. I got the msg.:

Bonk!
For some reason we were unable to process this video.
There may have been a temporary problem with our servers, or we may not be able to work with this video file.
.... etc ...

The uploadr then just stalled instead on continuing on with my batch. I believe an alert should have popped up or the uploadr should have continued on with the rest of my batch. It's extremely frustrating thinking your batch is being uploaded and then come to find out it stalled out on upload item #2...

view photos

Mrs. FireMom says:

Really? Is there going to be an update and/or resolution?

I have 200 photos and I REALLY don't feel like hand placing them in sets after I've already selected them on uploadr only to have it fail at verification.

All we're asking for is info.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Yes, there will be an updated version of Uploadr. When we have one ready to go we will post it. If you are having problems with the 3.1 version, we still have the previous version posted on our Tools page as well as the version before that.

@Mrs. FireMom: You can use Organizr to place files in bulk into sets also.

@ellen.in.wyoming: "don't even allow me to sign in"

If by chance you mean it's not sending you to the authorization screen, try this.

Note- you can upload in bulk through the Flash based upload page. You should have the latest version of Flash installed in your browser. If it's an older version...

Instructions and application for uninstalling from Adobe
Get the most recent version here

@FlintZA- Problems uploading with any method usually indicates a network issue. Please check out this FAQ, so if you can, please do try some of those suggestions. :)

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

How about allowing us to REPLACE a bonked video upload like we can replace a photo. It would keep them in your photostream sequence, have the tags already, etc.

view photos

cdedbdme says:

I'm still running Version 3.1 and haven't had any problems. I'm not uploading any video, though.

The other night, I sent over 100 photos. No stalls or bonks.

I've got Mac OS X 10.4.11

I hope things get fixed for everyone :( Try using the older apps if 3.1 isn't working.

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

I just downloaded ver 3.1 thinking I could upload videos as the introduction to it said. NOT! It only finds "image" and "TIFF" files. Screwy as usual. Now I've found this thread and it tells me I need the new version which of course is 2 mb larger...not surprising. Then I scroll down this thread and see there are bugs....bugggs..bugs bunny....bonk bugs wrong with it 2 weeks after the post of the updated links to the new uploader.
Oh boy. Here goes another flickr rollrcoaster ride.

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

11 minute UPDATE: Well....it does indicate "photos and videos". Surprising use of terms in an explorer type window but it works so far. It also says I can start on "another batch" while the last one uploads. Sounds risky to me. Perhaps I'll go out and take some photographs or clean out the attic.
I'm still waiting for the big drop down the slope of the coaster.

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

UPDATE: 2 hours later and it's been stuck at 79% complete for over 30 minutes. Is this the BONK everyone keeps speaking of?
Do I just wait for it or cancel and use the web loader? Yuck!

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

I can only seem to find out what happened here if I go to "Console". I read the code and it tells me that the uploader doesn't know the "length of the video". Huh? Gee how difficult is that when Windows Explorer and any media player I use can tell me that? Now I'm stuck with the web uploader. Thank you flickr staff for a total waste of time.
First I upload the early version which promises to upload videos and it doesn't, then I upload a later version and it stalls. You wonder why people are pissed off?
Keep this up and someone will replace you with chimpanzees. They'll probably do a much better job of it.
ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

BTW. Stop talking cute to us in your error messages. I'm not about to "twiddle with my cables" after I've canceled the upload.
Are you twiddling your thumbs over there? Is it all guesswork you are applying here?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@MadeIn1953- great point, that would be good when we do add the ability to replace a video.

@cdedbdme, glad your upload went well. :)

@PayPaul(Leader Of The WW Tribe)- thank you for the feedback. Did the web upload work for you then on a file that did not fare well in Uploadr?

view photos

ⓅⒶⓎⓅⒶⓊⓁ says:

The web uploader is at 49% complete. I'm crossing my fingers and twiddling my thumbs.

Hmmmm.. by the prickling of my thumbs...something wicked this way comes?

The file did not "fare well" in the uploader. Has anyone figured out what's wrong yet? Should I have copied down the console error code and send it to you or post it to this thread?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Yes, I know it did not fare well in Uploadr. :\ And yes, please, I sent a note off-forum for the console output, if you still have it.

view photos

Claire DeLand ~ "GA Music Maker" says:

OK - the conversation I was TRYING to have with several people is now in a "closed-redirected" thread. Redirected to where?

Here . . .

And there is NOTHING here that addresses the issues I am having.

OK - one more time.

I used the link in this thread to download 3.1 (again - three TIMES again, actually) even though that is the link I used to get the one I had.

Now - - - NOTHING works, including the "right click" option to "send to Flickr" - - - despite my having tried three times to upload the same pictures (which requires me to go through over 700 pictures I took yesterday and today to choose the ones I want to upload) .

When the 3.1 uploader I HAD was actually working (before you guys insisted I use the link in this thread to download it again) it was posting a photo's description 11 and 12 times and scrambling my tags.

Now it won't accept a photo when I either right-click OR click on "add" in the uploader.

Are my Flickr days over?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Thank you for posting here. :) There's a reason why we like to get the feedback in one place so it's easier to keep track the problem. We are sorry for the frustration. :( We are working on an improved Uploadr, and we want it to work better.

In a pinch, we still have others ways to upload to Flickr: previous versions linked in our Tools page, and a Flash based upload page (I've sent several hundreds of MB of photos at a time through that page, too). If you are adding files to Uploadr, and nothing is going in there, and there are errors generated in the console (from the application menu Tools > Console), we wouldn't mind having a copy of it. If so, let me know and I will contact you off-forum. If you'd rather not, we understand, you can uninstall the version you have and revert to an earlier one still linked on the Tools page.

view photos

I have removed 3.1 completely and downloaded 3.0.5 again and installed it, and it is working - for the moment. I can't use any tags or descriptions and it won't send anything to a set, but it is, at least, uploading the photos.

I apologize for being frustrated and for letting it show, but I totally "lost it" when I found those 365 pictures with 11 and 12 "copies" of the description underneath them.

I'm frustrated, too, because I have 87,000 + photos and I had all but 190 or so of them geotagged, nothing that wasn't basically tagged, and less than 10 total photos that were not in sets.

Now everything is in chaos again and uploading ONE photo takes 30 minutes or more, start to finish. One of the main reasons I switched to Flickr from a couple of other services was the ease and speed with which "chores" could be done.

I wish I *could* send you an error code, but this stuff is happening without warning and without explanation, and, unfortunately, I just finished fixing the last of the three hundred plus photos from yesterday.

I might be able to show you a scrambled tag if that would help?

Claire

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

No apologies needed Clair. It would be interesting to see if you see a difference in upload speed through the main web interface (which requires Flash to be installed). We'll just try and duplicate the problem from your description. If you are still having problems with a bad tag, you'll be able to edit them in a batch from this link listing of all your tags (click the edit button next to the tag you want to edit).

view photos

Claudecf says:

Uploader 3.1 for mac plain refused to upload videos with a wmw extension.
I had to upload them with the upload page in which they went real fast

view photos

Thanks, Kevin

Just FYI, the problem with tags is an ongoing one. I cannot use the tagging feature in the uploader unless I wait until the batch is finished and then migrate to Flickr for "last minute polish". If I try to enter tags as I set up the upload (which would be really handy, by the way, if it worked), when the tags come out on the photo page, they are arbitrarily split and combined in strange ways that *I* never entered. There may be words from each of four or five tags or "phases in quotes" combined.

Before somebody comes back and "explains" how to tag for me, let me point out that I have 88,000 photos on Flickr *ALL* of which were tagged and tagged properly UNTIL I tried to use the Uploader. Now I have a huge mess with untagged photos, improperly tagged photos, Flickr-created-arbitrarily tagged photos, photos that didn't make it to the sets because the uploader "boinked" - photos with descriptions showing up 11 and 12 times . . . and a general mess of a previously- meticulous photostream.

Sorry, Kevin, but I'm still frustrated, and I'm NOT the only person this happens to . . . I hope you can get it fixed.

view photos

ColleenM says:

"If I try to enter tags as I set up the upload (which would be really handy, by the way, if it worked), when the tags come out on the photo page, they are arbitrarily split and combined in strange ways that *I* never entered. There may be words from each of four or five tags or "phases in quotes" combined."

I had this happen last night. I use the Flickr webpage uploader. After the images uploaded, I used copy/paste from a .txt file to put 12 tags on the image from the batch tags box above the images.

When I finished, the image had two tags: about seven words in one tag, and approximately 5 words in the other tag.

At that point, I doublechecked the .txt file for stray quotation marks, etc. Finding none, I pasted the same string into the tags box on the photopage.

This time, the tags parsed correctly: words in quotes stayed together, words outside of quotes became separate tags.

Edit: Accidentally recreated the bug this morning when adding a new photo to my photostream, using the Flickr web uploader.
www.flickr.com/photos/colleenm/2486831912/

Here's the text string I entered
Dutch Holland Michigan "Tulip Time" festival 2008 "May 9-10, 2008" tulips heritage klompen dancing "wooden shoes"

I used the Batch Operations text box
I pasted that string
I clicked "Add"
The words were removed from the Batch Edit text box and appeared below the image in the "Tags" text box.

Here's what the text string looked like below the image

"Dutch Holland Michigan Tulip Time festival 2008 May 9-10" "2008 tulips heritage klompen dancing wooden shoes"

Something funny is going on with Flickr and the quotation marks.
ColleenM edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

frogmuseum2 says:

I've been trying to upload a video for over an hour. It's a wmv, 70 seconds and 7.10MB.

I'm using Firefox as Browser and have tried ALL the Uploaders and nothing works, except the word Bonk.

*sigh* I can understand it failing a couple of times, but I've tried to upload this tiny video over a dozen times.

I give up.

view photos

Farruska says:

nevermind, different bug

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@frogmuseum2- If you get the same result from the web upload method too, this may be a network hangup unrelated to the applications. :\

@ColleenM and Clair- thanks for the tagging problem feedback/examples.

@Claudecf- did you get an error message in the console? (Tools -> Console) I am betting you got this error

Error:
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/threads.js
Line: 268

view photos

frogmuseum2 says:

Well, I gave it one more shot, Kevin...looks like it worked -- but the message "Your video is being processed" has been going on for half an hour now...

view photos

marvin123123 says:

Can i download this uploadr here? Is it free? Sorry for asking, im just new here thats why. Having errors? Why is it? I am looking forward on using this uploadr. What was the latest version of this?

This is a comprehensive addiction portal focusing on topics of alcohol and drug abuse. www.alcoholaddiction.org

view photos

ColleenM says:

At the top of this thread are a bunch of links for the 3.1 version of the Flickr Uploadr.

There are several other ways to upload images to Flickr, all of them found when you use the Home menu at the top of your Flickr page.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

frogmuseum2- yeah, looks like an issue cropped up that it's related to. We are working on it now.

view photos

frogmuseum2 says:

Thanks, Kevin! :-)

view photos

Claudecf says:

Had another try at uploading a video with the mac uploader, and this is what I got this time, not in the console, as it looked like the uploading was working but in the final result

Bonk!

For some reason we were unable to process this video.
There may have been a temporary problem with our servers, or we may not be able to work with this video file.
(See a list of file formats we accept.)

You could try uploading the video again, later on.

I just uploaded the same video with the upload page and it worked fine.

view photos

Wylkat says:

Video? Many of us cant even get to upgrade or maintain our pro accounts to upload anything or keep what we already have on line...
Would it not be prudent to adress this issue ASAP Yahoo?
Sorry again to post this here but we're getting NO response in any of the threads that pertain to this subject!

view photos

gazzat says:

Downloaded 3.1 for Mac last night. Didn't work for me. Same issues as Lomokev. Deleting prefs, cache and profiles made no difference. Also, I am wary of it choosing to install as a log-in item. Have reverted to 3.0.5.

view photos

GustavoG says:

Yep - yellow triangle for any file I drop on it. Appears to be completely dysfunctional for OS X.

Edited to add: so I reverted to 3.0.5... and now the list of sets starts with a new, bogus item called "[object Object]"...
GustavoG edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

wishiwerebaking says:

I'm going to try 3.1, just in case this particular bug from 3.0.5 has been addressed already, but I haven't run across it from any threads. Take a peek at this screenshot for a glimpse of it, but:

When the application has been disconnected (probably my ISP - British Telecom - disliking me uploading hundreds of photos), the application will ask if I want to go to Flickr or to stay here. If I stay here, it will tell me I have X number of photos still to upload. It will then DOUBLE the number of photos to upload when I click the upload button.

Sometimes it will not behave as such and will upload just fine.

Other times it will interleave the pictures into my stream oddly, such that they will (usually in groups of 3) be kind of woven together, causing me to have to go through and weed out the doubles, or to chase down one it's forgotten.

view photos

Peter and Diane's says:

Cannot upload a .wmv video file - get the bonk, yellow triangle whatever. Tried up loading online and with uploader on computer. Thank you.

Edit: I found an uploader called Basic Uploader that worked - I hope I can find it again.
Peter and Diane's edited this topic 84 months ago.

view photos

eagle1effi says:

the german link :
says forbidden! n0 access!

view photos

Eli White says:

My current uploadr v3.0 is now 'Bonking' every time I try to upload.

And the links to download v3.1 are all giving 'forbidden' error messages. Help?

view photos

I am getting so frustrated with this Uploader!!! I have been trying to be understanding, etc., but I have just discovered that I have yet another mess on a 200 picture upload as far as the description duplicating itself, yet again.

THIS is what I wrote:

Photos taken during our tour of Big Canoe's "Southern Living Home" on Friday, May 16th. We went because a good friend of ours designed and built the beautiful mirror in the hallway downstairs.

The home is 7,000+ sq. ft, on three levels with something in excess of $500,000 worth of interior design.

It is under contract at $2.7 million dollars which includes the furnishings. There is a second contract for approximately the same amount and a third potential buyer waiting in the wings in case the other two fall apart.

Clearly, *I* know nothing about spending money. I would have thought that I could easily spend $1m but looking at all of this "stuff", I find that I am completely clueless - - - a real neophyte.

The house is beautiful, but it's not me - - - at ALL, and I found myself feeling a bit critical in my assessment of what I was seeing.

Four different decorators participated in doing the interior and not one of them used anything that seemed to be very feminine to me - - - the house is very dark and VERY brown - again, not "me" - and everything in the way of furniture is "over-stuffed" or "over-big" - - - lots of leather and just MASSIVE furniture.

Anyway, I was there, and I took pictures, and I've never done anything like this tour before, and probably will never have another opportunity to do so again, so here are the pictures - - - for posterity or something :)

and, THIS is what turns up - - - and now must be individually undone on almost 200 pictures. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE either do something about this or take the Uploader DOWN until you can fix it. This is ridiculous and my time is worth more than this!!! I love Flickr, and I'm not mad at anybody, but I am frustrated.

Photos taken during our tour of Big Canoe's "Southern Living Home" on Friday

Photos taken during our tour of Big Canoe's "Southern Living Home" on Friday, May 16th. We went because a good friend of ours designed and built the beautiful mirror in the hallway downstairs.

The home is 7,000+ sq. ft, on three levels

The home is 7,000+ sq. ft, on three levels with something in excess of $500,000 worth of interior design.

It is under contract at $2.7 million dollars which includes the furnishings. There is a second contract for approximately the same amount and a third potential buyer wia

It is under contract at $2.7 million dollars which includes the furnishings. There is a second contract for approximately the same amount and a third potential buyer waiting in the wings in case the other two fall apart.

Clearly, *I* know nothing about spending money. I would have thought that I could easily spend $1m but looking at all of this "stuff", I find that I am completely clueless - - - a real neophyte.

The house is beautiful,

The house is beautiful, but it's not me - - - at ALL, and I found myself feeling a bit critical in my assessment of what I was seeing.

Four different decorators participated in doing the interior and not one of them used anything that seemed to be very feminine to me - - - the house is very dark and VERY brown - again, not "me" - and e

Four different decorators participated in doing the interior and not one of them used anything that seemed to be very feminine to me - - - the house is very dark and VERY brown - again, not "me" - and everything in the way of furniture is "over-stuffed" or "over-big" - - - lots of leather and just MASSIVE furniture.

Anyway, I was there, and I took pictures, and I've never done anything like this tour before, and probably will never have another opportunity to do so again

Anyway, I was there, and I took pictures, and I've never done anything like this tour before, and probably will never have another opportunity to do so again, so here are the pictures - - - for posterity or something :)

Anybody wanna help me fix all these pictures?

view photos

ceciliadom says:

the uploadr doesn't show the preview of the photos for me...

grrrrr.... how can I solve this?

view photos

Eduardo Molteni says:

FYI: Windows spanish download is down.

view photos

imichaeldotorg says:

English OS X download is down as well. Works now.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Hey there- the rest of the links will be working again shortly. (I thought it would be back now, but it's taking a bit longer than expected.)

@Claire- We do understand you are having the problems with it. I am sorry; you can still use the previous upload application, both the previous v3 as well as the older v2 are still available on the tools page. We are looking at the description problems, but as this has been a problem for you a couple of times, you can still run with the older version.

re: WMVs, right, they aren't recognized by the Mac version.

view photos

Flickr Staff

murphyslaw says:

The download links have been fixed. Thank you for your patience.

view photos

davidface says:

I just downloaded the Mac version and it seems to be stalling on launch. The Dock icon shows that it is running and the menu bar says Flickr Uploadr, but no application window appears. I tried a few times.

view photos

my old account says:

my old account edited this topic 59 months ago.

view photos

hightekvagabond says:

I'm downloading 3.1 right now so no guesses on if it works for me or not (the posts above don't make me optimistic).... But, I'm wondering... where is the thread to suggest new features? I use sets a whole lot to organize my images and I liked that the old version of the uploader listed all the sets in the same order they are on your sets page, I'd like the 3.x uploader to do the same, although best of both worlds would be a sort button so I could choose to either sort them as they are on the sets page or alphabetically.

It is a minor nuisance but it does annoy me.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

(101 to 200 of 396 replies in [Closed] Uploadr for Video)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads