Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Seeking input] Flickr/Yahoo login issues.
Latest: 26 minutes ago
[BUG] Random refund for Flickr Pro
Latest: 39 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Search (Beta)
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Uploadr for Mac (Beta)
Latest: 16 hours ago

Current Discussion

Unable to update payment details for Flickr Pro account.
Latest: 79 seconds ago
Flickr Pictures Missing
Latest: 55 minutes ago
Payment method updated, account still showing past due
Latest: 58 minutes ago
Purchase Photobook not working.
Latest: 2 hours ago
Circa not working
Latest: 3 hours ago
multiple issues with functionality
Latest: 4 hours ago
thumbnails not working
Latest: 4 hours ago
Troubles with the search
Latest: 5 hours ago
A new "Date Posted on" bug?
Latest: 7 hours ago
How to make a link for group
Upload file types for text?
Hidden tags really annoying - (Edited: Likely instead a new cause of odd stats results.)
Latest: 8 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed] Uploadr for Video

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Update 18 December:

***Please use the new 3.1.1 version of Uploadr that you can find in this topic.

flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/87503/

______
150 MB is quite a lot, so here's a new version of Flickr Uploadr ready to send your videos to the site. It should be able to handle all of the normal video formats but if you find something strange please do let us know.

(During the beta test there was some concern about stalling uploads and that bug has been found and vanquished.)

Edit: All better now! Here are some new download links.

Windows:

German: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-de.exe
English: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-en.exe
Spanish: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-es.exe
French: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-fr.exe
Italian: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-it.exe
Korean: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-kr.exe
Portuguese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-br.exe
Chinese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1.0-hk.exe

Mac:

German: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-de.dmg
English: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-en.dmg
Spanish: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-es.dmg
French: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-fr.dmg
Italian: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-it.dmg
Korean: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-kr.dmg
Portuguese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-br.dmg
Chinese: h.yimg.com/ce/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.1-hk.dmg

For anyone having issues with this version, there are still a number of other ways to upload to Flickr. The Flash based upload page, also previously released versions, including links to some 3rd party upload applications such as Flock, Windows Live Gallery, and jUploadr. You are welcome to use whatever works best for you before another release. (Only the Flash based upload page will upload video however.)
Posted at 8:38PM, 8 April 2008 PDT ( permalink )
Kevin (staff) edited this topic 77 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4
(1 to 100 of 396 replies in [Closed] Uploadr for Video)
view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

So I shouldn't use the one I downloaded from here before you edited your post?
Posted 86 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

‮‭‬bees‬ says:

nope - grab a new one :)

view photos

ColleenM says:

Is this also the newest Uploadr for still photos?

I was holding out on downloading 3.0.5 until there had been 24 hours without a bug report in the thread.

Of course, an hour after that occurred, you folks released video!

So, is this a video uploadr or is it 3.0.6 video/still?
ColleenM edited this topic 86 months ago.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

It's 3.1 :)

view photos

ColleenM says:

Lol!

Guess I'll reset the 24 hour clock.

view photos

♥ shhexy corin ♥ says:

From the look of of the URLs it's 3.1
:)

view photos

muppet number1 says:

Do you reckon having videos on flickr is bad as you know how clogged with trash youtube is....!

view photos

ToniVC says:

Is this only for videos or we should replace our 3.05 version by this one to upload photos too?

view photos

Silly Luis says:

FWIW, I found during the beta that it worked better for uploading photos too. Of course, YMMV

view photos

kwiat says:

Has the BONK problem been solved we have seen in Uploadr 3.0.5 for some time now?

view photos

vorm says:

It doesn't accept .mov files?

view photos

vorm says:

ok, so i can upload an AVI via the Flickr website now. This uploader doesn't accept .MOV or .AVI on my Mac.

view photos

zyrcster says:

vorm I've been able to upload both avi and mov from my Mac -- how were the files created (what was your workflow? I do know that there have been some problems with movies made from Photobooth 08)?

view photos

JPaul23 says:

At the borrom of the news page for the video atrocity it says
"Bonus (for those who’ve read this far): We’re doubling the size of photos that can be uploaded — 20MB per photo for pro members and 10MB per photo for members with free accounts."
Are any JPEG photos ever over 20mb ? If you've upped the limit to 20 can't you allow TIFFs to remain TIFFs and not transform them into jpegs?

view photos

ColleenM says:

Robertv! (Edinburgh, UK) asked this here

This does not appear to be documented anywhere.
What is the dimensions of the video frame that Flickr is processing to?
Which Codec is best to use, to reduce your processing?
What frame rate should we optimise to?
Should we render as I or P? (Probably P.)
What is your audio sample rate etc for playback?

Knowing these details would help us to create a sharper image and do better pre-processing before uploading.

We could also use these details to reduce overhead and file size which would make things better for Flickr.

Just thinking out loud...

view photos

SublimeImage says:

The link for English Windows Uploader (exe) is not loading. Clicked on it..got nothing.

view photos

ColleenM says:

It just worked for me.

Have you tried clearIng your cache?

view photos

SublimeImage says:

ColleenM Yup..tried that..still nothing happening. I don't understand why nothing is loading.
*scratches head*

EDIT TO ADD: says below: connecting to h.yimg ...and then disappears. Nothing catches to start loading. Turned off blockers and virus scanner etc to see if that was the prob...still nothing.

Edit to also add: Talked to my IT guy...had to right click the link to get it to load.
SublimeImage edited this topic 86 months ago.

view photos

jjjcatfree says:

I tried this new software with Mac OSX 10.4 but it often freezes while uploading photos. No error messages are shown in console nor in dialog.

view photos

Mockney Rebel says:

Mac version works for me on Macbook 2.2GHz Intel C2D with OS10.5.2

Uploaded a 50 second .avi movie file to my photostream.

view photos

robbroccoli says:

FYI... the Flickr uploadr didn't work on my Windows XP SP1 - gave me an error on installation "Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run."

Managed to sort it by installing this update to Windows Installer and reinstalling Flickr Uploadr - works fine now.

view photos

Flickr Staff

shanan says:

I tried this new software with Mac OSX 10.4 but it often freezes while uploading photos. No error messages are shown in console nor in dialog.

What happens after this freeze-- do you have to quit the application, or does it eventually fix itself?

Thanks everyone for their help with the new uploadr. We'd like to get feedback from a few more people before we deploy this one to everyone. If you know of any good testers, please send them here for a download!

view photos

djwudi says:

I don't know if this would be a Flickr Uploadr thing or an iPhoto thing, but I'd love it if the iPhoto keywords would transfer over into the tags field when dragging from iPhoto into Uploadr.

The workaround for the moment (aside from just retyping them) is selecting the keyword field in iPhoto, doing a select-all, copy, then paste into Uploadr, but then the list of works shows up comma separated rather than space separated (probably more a function of how iPhoto's copy routines work), and I have to manually change the commas to spaces.

(Techie fiddly bits: Mac OS 10.5.2, iPhoto '08 7.1.3 (364))

view photos

gigi4791 says:

uploadr 3.1 can not upload mov files (windows xp). i can upload the same file with the web uploadr. thanks

view photos

jjjcatfree says:

shanan

What I mean by the freeze is that the uploading meter shown in the bottom of the window seems to stop. I can click the cancel button and redo the uploading but then it stops again and again after uploading about 10 to 100 photos. And sometimes, the application just suddenly quit without caution.

view photos

tmeyer says:

the usual crack release from flickr:

- launch app (mac)
- drag in 1 video. it uploads OK
- drag in 2nd video. progress bar never moves from 0%
- hit cancel. try again. nothing happens
- drag in same video. hit upload. progress bar never appears.
- restart app, drag in 2 videos. uploads OK
- drag in 1 photo. uploads OK.
- drag in a video. progress bar never moves from 0%
tmeyer edited this topic 86 months ago.

view photos

hikmetsalih says:

Also, it does not allow selecting .m4v extensions. However I was able to use web based upload for same extension with success.

EDIT: I have 52MB .mov file. The percentometer moves until around 20%, and stays there. I tried repeatedly 2-3 times. It does the same.

EDIT 2: THis is on OSX.
hikmetsalih edited this topic 86 months ago.

view photos

jacqdan says:

I tried uploading a 90 second video (about 75MB) using the Flickr Uploadr v 3.1 for Mac OS X (on 10.5.2). It got 91% complete and then stopped progressing. It stayed stuck at 91% for a good 20-30 minutes before I cancelled it. I noticed the following error in the console. I don't know if it's related or not, but maybe it's useful. Oh, and the video is a 960x540 QuickTime using H.264 codec.

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b0014 [nsIOutputStream.writeFrom]" nsresult: "0x804b0014 ()" location: "JS frame :: chrome://uploadr/content/upload.js :: anonymous :: line 795" data: no]
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/upload.js
Line: 849

view photos

orangegoround says:

.mov files don't work. When I drag the file to the uploadr, it shows up as a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. I tried uploading it using the web based uploader and it worked... so the problem isn't that flickr doesn't accept .mov files.
Posted 85 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

etherflyer says:

Are any JPEG photos ever over 20mb ?

I've got some. I stiched 360° panoramas, and had to export them at reduced size to fit under the 10MB limit. I think they are over 30MB JPEGs...

view photos

Flickr Staff

shanan says:

Thanks everybody for the great feedback. As always, the web uploadr is the best workaround until we're able to nip these all in the bud.

view photos

zachwass2000 says:

Since you closed the other Uploadr threads.

Why, when I try to upload pictures with text descriptions like this:
"(Some text unique to each photo)

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights policy on issues including Tibetan independence, the Burmese monk crackdown, China's support of the Sudan Genocide and the strongarm tactics of the Chinese government. Unsurprisingly, quite a ruckus was caused and the torch had to be taken far from its intended path. These people and I never saw it pass."

Does it come out like THIS?
"The scene in front of the ferry building in downtown San Francisco.

On the

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights poli

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights policy on issues including Tibetan independence, the Burmese monk crackdown, China's support of the Sudan Genocide and the strongarm tactics of the Chinese government.

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights policy on issues including Tibetan independence, the Burmese monk crackdown, China's support of the Sudan Genocide and the strongarm tactics of the Chinese government. Unsurprisingly, quite a ruckus was caused and the torch had to be taken far from its intended path. These people and I never saw it pass.

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights policy on issues including Tibetan independence, the Burmese monk crackdown, China's support of the Sudan Genocide and the strongarm tactics of the Chinese government. Unsurprisingly, quite a ruckus was caused and the torch had to be taken far from its intended path. These people and I never saw it pass.

On the nervously anticipated day the Olympic torch was supposed to pass through San Francisco, the people took to the streets. Many pro Chinese came, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, bused in by the Chinese Consul. Anti Chinese government sentiment was expressed by groups protesting Chinese human rights policy on issues including Tibetan independence, the Burmese monk crackdown, China's support of the Sudan Genocide and the strongarm tactics of the Chinese government. Unsurprisingly, quite a ruckus was caused and the torch had to be taken far from its intended path. These people and I never saw it pass."

You are dropping the ball here Flickr. This new Uploadr has been out for months and has been nothing but problems. Before adding useless and obnoxious features like video, please, PLEASE fix the features that are integral to this site, like YOUR BROKEN PHOTO UPLOADER. As a paid subscriber, I would appreciate a response to this letting me know when the features I paid for and care about having will be working correctly. In the meantime I'll be manually fixing the botched descriptions on my batch upload.

view photos

zyrcster says:

zachwass2000 Are you using the new uploader linked at the top of this thread? Because the duplicating description problem has been fixed in that version.

view photos

cbisit says:

Can't upload .mov or .mp4 - neither via uploadr or on Web. Tried several times. on OS X 10.5.

dumb

view photos

lomokev says:

i am getting yellow triangle when i drag any file type into the new uploader jpgs and movs

uploader 3.1
mac os 10.4.11
power mac G4

view photos

Gavin Ting says:

Still getting bonk when I try to upload photos

view photos

willieabrams says:

BUG: Uploaded videos through the web interface and the Uploadr do not use the file creation date of the video as the "Taken on" date.

view photos

Michael Smith says:

Like lomokev, I'm getting the yellow triangle with both jpgs and avis. Almost like lomokev, I'm running

uploader 3.1
mac os 10.4.11
mac mini

view photos

Michael Rene Photography says:

I am using Uploadr for Mac 3.1, however I can't get it to work for me properly. :( It was all fine and dandy, but now when I add a photo or video to the uploadr, I get the little yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it, and I can't get this to go away! I've tried deleting my account from it and adding it again, I've tried uninstalling and deleting the .plist file, but nothing works!
Everytime I uninstall and then reinstall it, my broken files are still there in the uploadr, and it's not asking me to assign a Flickr account to it, it just keeps telling me I need to give it my permission! Which I do over and over again.. but still nothing. HELP!!

view photos

MOVED TO PIXELENS FOLLOW ME THERE! says:

This stalls out on Windows for Picture uploads. It uploads the image, but sits at 99% processing and even after 15m has failed to add the image to the proper sets, in fact it doesn't add it to any sets at all.

Thanks.

view photos

tmeyer says:

rcrowly:"(During the beta test there was some concern about stalling uploads and that bug has been found and vanquished.)

Edit: All better now! Here are some new download links."

shanan: 'Thanks everybody for the great feedback. As always, the web uploadr is t the best workaround until we're able to nip these all in the bud."

Sorry, I don't buy this. The exact same things tha rcrowly says were "vanquished" were reported within a dozen posts !

Has the standalone uploader EVER worked in the last 6 months ? Does flickr have ANY sort of decent QA department ? Your whole process is totally pathetic.

view photos

bethruss@sbcglobal.net says:

Okay. I got rid of the worthless Uploadr 3.0.5 and installed version 3.1. I launched 3.1 and before using my mouse or keyboard to do anything, Uploadr proceeded to pull in 1000 MB of pictures in the off line mode. I did not ask or request Uploadr to do anything and it is taking off on its on. What's up with that?

Russ

view photos

frogprince says:

The install of 3.1 fails with Vista.

view photos

Gavin Ting says:

I have been unable to upload any pictures for the past few days. All the uploaders fail for me in mac/firefox. Both the old and new Uploadrs fail for me in mac.

I have tried the windows web uploader and surprise, it failed.

I don't see why I'm paying pro membership for this.

view photos

Michael Smith says:

Has the standalone uploader EVER worked in the last 6 months ?

Yes, it worked fine for me for all that period. I'm only having trouble (ie it's not working at all!) with 3.1

view photos

Gavin Ting says:

RE: Has the standalone uploader EVER worked in the last 6 months ?

It has worked fine for me on mac.

The trouble only started a few days back. Infact, only when the video feature was added..

view photos

Michael Smith says:

3.1 does seem to have failed completely with OS 10.4.11 - I'm finding the web Uploadr fine, however.

view photos

THEMACGIRL* says:

The downloads don't appear to be working for the mac on 10.5.2

update: it's working now.

view photos

Michael Smith says:

MacGirl - were you previously getting yellow triangles appearing where the files should have been in the Uploadr? It would be interesting to know whether the problems with 10.5.2 are the same as those with 10.4.11.

view photos

Civilized Explorer says:

MichaelSmith, I'm using 10.5.2 and I am getting triangles when I drag .mov files to the uploadr (3.1, as I recall). It will upload .avi files, though. I can't get Safari to upload .mov files on the Web upload page, but Firefox does.

view photos

meabbott says:

Question; I have a video that is over 200MB and I would like to downconvert it to 150MB but I am not having any luck finding a way to do this. Could someone assist me, please? Thank you!

view photos

ColleenM says:

meabbott

There are some video techniques groups that might help you.

www.flickr.com/search/groups/?w=all&q=video+technique...

view photos

meabbott says:

Colleen, thank you for the link. I looked through the list of 70 groups and found one group that looked like it might have what it need but they are talking about actual video techniques rather than converting an oversize file to a 150MB file. :(

view photos

zyrcster says:

meabbott Try this group.
www.flickr.com/groups/moviemaker/

When you get there, tell us your question again, but this time also tell us what your operating system is and what software you are currently using.

view photos

Derek Graham (PrimusGeekus) says:

Hmm aint accepting my video, they are in WMV format like it said was allowed, one is 32 mb and other is 22 mb in size, both are 1:29 in length (90 secs is of course 1:30) so my videos are 89 secs or less.

Running Windows Vista Ultimate SP 1 1 GB DDR PC2100
When I try to add it, it does its animation of adding the file, then the file shows up with a yellow triange meaning a warning, no msg no nothing. click on it and vanishes :(

view photos

SunCat says:

I'll second the comment about WMV files. Neither the new uploader, or the flash version of the web interface would upload our wmv videos. I had to go to the basic uploader to get the video uploaded.

view photos

Azchael says:

please please please, I have always problems uploading with the new uploadr. can't u just include video format for the old one? then at least I can upload more than 13 photos in a row....

view photos

bananieI says:

There are some issues with metadata that I have added via Geosetter, like keywords and geotags. When highlighting the photo in Uploadr they should show up in the tags box, but the box is empty.

However, if I leave the box alone and upload the photo, the metadata will show up as tags on the photo page, as they should. It would still be nice if I could edit the tags in Uploadr, as I would like to add/delete some for flickr-only purposes.

(Running Windows 2000, SP 4.)

view photos

K Chu says:

Why do I need to come to this forum topic to get working software? The main uploader tools page (www.flickr.com/tools/) claims that version 3.0.5 (for MacOS) will upload video. That's obviously not true.

Should flickr at least update that page to tell people to come here for the video uploader?

view photos

melmashman says:

I was a professional computer programmer before retiring. I don't understand why you are using ONE program for uploading BOTH video and photos. It seems to me that your bread and butter was photos and you should develop a solid version of that as your number one priority.
Video must be causing new problems and trying to keep the same version of the uploadr for both is a mistake - in my humble opinion.
I am a pro user and I don't even own a video camera. Why should I have to suffer with frequent upload errors in your bread and butter business?

view photos

meabbott says:

I am also having issues uploading files. It seems to stop somewhere in the 60s. It just stops. Cancelling it fortunately shows all the titles and descriptions are intact but for some reason it will sometime put all of them into the wrong set and there is no apparent way to remove them from all that incorrect set at once. But the bottom line is please solve the problem that is causing it to stall. Thank you.
meabbott edited this topic 85 months ago.

view photos

Maya Beach Photo says:

(sigh),,,
i got all excited when i see what appears to be the 'go ahead' i have been waiting for to use 3.5 uploader.
i uninstalled 2.5 installed 3.5,, somewhat skeptical but willing to give it a go.
test loaded one photo.
it took 16 minutes!!! you heard correctly 16 minutes!!!!!! one stupid photo.
i uninstalled 3.5,, reinstalled 2.5 and will continue to wait patently for 3.5 to work.
xp, sp2, flock,,

(DEEP sigh)

opps,, seems that is 3.1 i was loading from the link at the top of this page?

view photos

Jon Weston says:

PROBLEM...

Using uploader 3.1.0 on Vista SP1
When uploading, the pink progress indicator moves up until anything between the 20-60% mark, then crashes back to 0%, upload carries on until i get the green tick, moves on to the next upload, repeat to fade....and will then stall at some point

Also, when i close uploader 3.1.0 down, i get an error concerning XULrunner.exe. The following is the Vista 'Problem Reports and Solutions' summary on the error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Flickr Uploadr.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4783d5b8
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00047dd2
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 37f0
Additional Information 2: b03b31dbef3bca44e7a8b3f6be4e797f
Additional Information 3: 8cd6
Additional Information 4: 7e087e6d2ae3168b5e95072ec6b42fd4
Jon Weston edited this topic 85 months ago.

view photos

Maya Beach Photo says:

oh,, and also when i uploaded 3.1 it added 3 icons to my desktop.

view photos

illek08 says:

Things are getting worse - yesterday I could upload via the home page link. And now the yellow triangle is back. Uploadr 3.1 doesn't recognise .mov files.
Please fix the basic upload system so we can get on with things.
I sense that all this is related in someway to the start of video on Flickr - which I support - but maybe things are caving in?
paul

view photos

Dirk Darkroom says:

So, having successly uploaded a video to my photostream, I am now trying to insert it into a discussion. Only Flickr doesn't seem to allow its own code to be used, stripping it out of the comment. Is there a way around that?

view photos

zyrcster says:

Dr Curry The comment fields cannot accept the html that is a part of the embed code. There is a way to post the cover frame's jpg (just use an img src tag and right click the video thumb to get the image location, or use the GM script, Easy Photo Post), but the video will not play inline (because it's just a jog, not a video). If you include the a href tag back to the video page, then people can click-through it to play it.

view photos

illek08 says:

Any suggestions about how to fix the Uploadr and the home page upload?
It would be useful if the some of the suggestions came from Flickr.
in anticipation
Paul

view photos

ceirelav says:

I'm glad to find that the problem with the yellow triangles when uploading files containing Japanese/Chinese characters does not occur anymore in this 3.1 version. Finally, I don't have to use Uploadr 2.5 or FlickrSync anymore! ^___^

view photos

illek08 says:

I'm glad for you. But now it happens when I use uploadr to upload files with english characters and jpg and mov files and why am I filling this box with complaints when it's clear no one has a clue and it will all work out in the end when the programmers get to grips with it.

view photos

dhkeller says:

well, after having big trouble with the earlier 3.0 version, I had high hopes for the 3.1 version .... but I still have residual "files" that the Uploadr is trying to upload from my failed attempts months ago ....

Upon opening the new 3.1, it already has several old files pre-loaded -- they all have yellow triangles, of course ... because the files have been successfully uploaded by 2.4 .... and then I moved them.

Anyway, no amount of 'select-all' or anything else allows me to get rid of these non-existent files. help!

view photos

Kaytayqt says:

I'm running Mac OSX 10.4.11
I've had Uploadr 3.0.5 giving me duplicate text descriptions for weeks now and it would not let me upload video at all. I uploaded 3.1 and now I can't upload pictures AT ALL. I get the yellow triangle of death. I'm not going to complain too loudly about FREE software but are any bugs being worked out at all?

I agree with meabbot- you should have a "photo uploadr" and a "video uploadr"!

view photos

meabbott says:

Kay, that was Melmashman that said that, not I. I do not agree with the assessment that there should be two programs for transferring the two types of media. Doesn't make any sense to me; there's no technical difference to transferring one type of file versus another. The technical difference between images and videos comes once the file has been uploaded and is being handled by Flickr.

These bugs are growing pains, not evidence of insurmountable problems. Nevertheless I am aggrevated by the lack of response from the Flickr folks regarding these bugs as I have also seen the yellow triangle; but I am sure they will say something when they have something to say.

view photos

mad plumerian says:

Does this new uploader have a resume function?
If for some unknown reason the connection is drop from desktop to flickr does the new loader resume?

view photos

pattoncito says:

I was using uploader 3.0.5. and it worked fine. Then I changed my ISP, and it works, but uploading one picture at a time.

I noticed when I click on the upload button the upload bar goes to 100% immediatly. Also if I click on the lower left arrow to see each photo upload progress, as soon I click on upload it fills 100%. I guess (almost for sure) it is a ISP related issue. It has to be, since with previous connection I didn't have that problem.

I just upgrade to 3.1 version of uploader and the problem persists: the way I'm uploading photos now is one by one: I have to wait a couple of minutes while it shows "Houston we have a problem" error, then I click on "Do nothing" ... and then I delete from the upload list the picture that was uploaded ... it seems that uploader can't identify when a picture was uploaded and go to the next one.

I'm not using any download accelerator. Windows XP SP2, everything up to date. The only change I have made is ISP, with previous one it used to work, with new one is not "turning the page".

I really hope there is a solution for this annoying problem.

view photos

nonstatic says:

3.1 is stalling on video uploads for me. definitely worse on uploads there there are 15 or more videos in a set, but also for smaller ones. seems to be random.

view photos

Woody Thrower says:

My first test of Uploadr 3.1:

1. Install and Start.
2. Click Add.
3. Browse to a digital camera folder that contains 462 videos.
4. Press Ctrl-A (select all).
5. Click Open.

No files were added.

The files in question are all MPEG-1, recorded by a Sony Cybershot DSC-T1.
Total size of the files: 6,800,577,392 bytes
Largest: 361,819,591 bytes
Smallest: 48,789 bytes
Files over 150 Meg: 7

view photos

francinedancertv says:

how can i change my password?

view photos

Woody Thrower says:

Follow-up to my previous Uploadr 3.1 test... if I add the files a few at a time (instead of all 462 at once), that seems to work. What's causing the silent failure when adding large numbers of videos?

view photos

ColleenM says:

francinedancertv

go here
www.flickr.com/account/

and click on the link "Edit Your Yahoo! password"

view photos

Woody Thrower says:

Follow-up to my follow-up to my previous Uploadr 3.1 test... when I tried to actually upload the files, I got:
"Flickr Uploadr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I sent the error to Microsoft: Fault bucket 642388963.
Faulting application flickr uploadr.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module xul.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x004ec623.

view photos

Woody Thrower says:

Prior to dying, Uploadr did upload 17 of the 455 video files. Of those 17 files, Flickr failed to process 2. Those 2 files play fine for me locally. As previously mentioned, all of these files are MPEG-1 created by the same camera.

view photos

K Chu says:

Version 3.1 for Mac OS still hangs extremely frequently. I'm using 10.4.11 on a Mac Book Pro.

view photos

Flickr Staff

shanan says:

Thanks everyone for all this really helpful feedback.

Keep it coming please.

view photos

metró says:

my uploader still isn't working properly. the video problem was fixed with the install of 3.1 (i'm using mac 10.4.11 on a mac mini) but it still hasn't resolved my original problem, which is that it won't keep me signed in and every time i open it and press sign it it tells me i have to authorise it. i've tried revoking the permissions, uninstalling, reinstalling and authorising, but nothing works and it's beginning to really get on my nerves. i love the accessibility of the 3.series but the reliability with 2.5 was much better and i might just go back to that if i can't resolve this!

view photos

JPaul23 says:

Jesus, folk are uploading 400+ videos at a time? Flickr's going to die.....

view photos

melmashman says:

I would like to explain why I suggest two separate programs used for uploading pictures and video. It is all about VERSION CONTROL and letting customers know that a new presumably better version is available that will effect their need. The way it is now there is know way of knowing whether 3.1 has any improvements for picture uplaoding than 3.0.5. When I have issues I want to go to the newest version, but I don't want to go through the trouble of installing a new version if there are no enhancement for uploading pictures.
Also, keep it simple. Fix bugs related to uploading photos and make the code efficient with one team working on issues related to just photos. If you want to use common programming modules for some aspects of the programs for both pictures and videos that is an internal flickr decision. The version release number however should be improving video OR photos so users know when to install an enhancement that will improve THEIR need. Currently there are a lot of us that are clearly unhappy with the function of uploading pictures which is why we purchased a pro version. I trust fixing this is a high priority. Thank you for reading and considering this idea.

view photos

zyrcster says:

melmashman 3.1 actually has improved some features just in terms of uploading photos (like the duplicate tag/description thing).

view photos

Gaurav-P says:

Shanan/Flickr,

I am getting a bit confused about which uploadr to use for _photos_ only? The one under tools (3.0.5) or the one posted here (3.1)? Or can use both? Which one is beta, if any? Which one is preferred?

Is it possible to have a page (the tool page itself perhaps redesigned) where multiple release versions are listed, along with link to the 'official version xxxx thread'?

I have been using Flickr for quite some time now - it used to be pretty simple earlier with just one Uploadr at one time. Now, its getting confusing.

This is more of a suggestion rather than complaint - I know you guys are working hard to solve bugs and adding functionalities to Uplodr.

Cheers!

view photos

hoosierfeet/Will Give Panty For Pro Acct! says:

When I upload with 3.1 it stalls at 98%; all the photos upload, but it results in an error if I have selected photos to add to sets (and doesn't add them to the sets). If i don't select any photos to add to sets, it uploads fine.... It did fine with video in the aforementioned manner.

I'm running Vista Home Premium with SP1, fyi.

view photos

Woody Thrower says:

Now that rcrowley has left Flickr, is anyone at Flickr fixing the issues in Uploadr, or is the project on hold until another developer is hired?

view photos

Zoolcar9 says:

I've just ported DOM Inspector 2.0.0 to Flickr Uploadr 3.1
If you want to write extensions for Uploadr, you might find it useful.

Edit: Never mind. I'll just post it at Hacking Uploadr group.

Zoolcar9 edited this topic 85 months ago.

view photos

glennaa says:

hoosierfeet, I have a similar problem - it finishes loading (100%), says processing..... and stays there. It doesn't put the files in the selected sets, but they are uploaded. If I close Uploadr, the next time it opens, the files are still there - I have to manually remove them.

I am using Uploader 3.1 on Windows XP SP2

view photos

Hollywood Monkey says:

I would like to confirm an issue with the Mac uploader (downloaded from the link at the top of this thread today)

The uploader would not take my .mov file. It showed the file name with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. I was able to upload using the web based uploader with no problem, so it's not the file.

some details:
monkey wants donuts.mov 111.1mb duration 1:29
640x480 Letterbox
quick time file made using the AAC and mpeg-4 codecs
mono 48KHz Target Bit Rate 80kbps
Fast Start (prepare for internet streaming)

hope this info helps

view photos

MelMic says:

Uploading with the 3.1 and 3.05 version of Uploadr is slow for me. I tried several pc's (xp, vista) and they all show an upload speed of 40-50 kb/s, this is way too slow for my connection. Uploading via the webbased tool shows uploadspeeds of 100-110 kb/s.

In short: uploading with uploadr takes twice as long, help?! ;-)

view photos

Jon Weston says:

Hope this hasn't already been mentioned, but i had a problem with the yellow warning triangles caused by uploader not finding images etc. I sorted it by opening tools-consoles and clicking 'clear' to delete the errors that i had shown. Seems to of sorted it out for me...

view photos

Mr. Imperial says:

Likewise, problems with the 3.1 Uploader. I'm getting the triangle dealy when selecting a file (both .movs and .avis), but uploading on the website works fine.

PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz
OS X 10.4.11

view photos

BelgischeFriet says:

My uploader stalls after about 100-150 pictures are processed in its queue :(
When I close it and reopen it, all pictures (uploaded & not uploaded) are again in the queue, but hitting the upload button again doesn't appear doing anything.

view photos

mandric says:

Haven't tried the 3.1 uploadr yet, but the web uploadr doesn't take my .MOV file. Here's the process:

1) From homepage I choose 'Upload photos and videos..' and go to flickr.com/photos/upload/

2) click the 'Choose Photos and Videos' button.

3) Finder comes up, I choose my video 'the_toss.MOV' around 20M, and click choose.

Nothing happens in the upload view ... bah!

This is in Safari Version 3.1.1 (5525.18) ... haven't tried FF yet.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@mandric- this is known weirdness in Safari that affects images too. Scott thinks there is some communication silently being dropped between Flash and Javascript that isn't generating any errors. This has been problematic before. :(

@Woody Thrower- yes, this project is with a developer here still, all the feedback here is being looked at for app improvements and fixes.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3 4
(1 to 100 of 396 replies in [Closed] Uploadr for Video)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads