Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Introducing the Flickr Camera Roll (Beta)
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Introducing the new Flickr Uploadr for Mac (Beta)
Latest: 15 hours ago
[Official Thread] Personalized photo recommendations on Android (Koala Beta)
Latest: 5 days ago

Current Discussion

Flickr is Being Flaky
Latest: 75 minutes ago
A friend is victim of mass blocking / can't follow, fave, comment, add pictures to groups, use help forum, ...
Latest: 2 hours ago
what’s going on my order of flickr photo books?
Latest: 2 hours ago
Apple TV refreshing Flickr albums
Latest: 3 hours ago
Will Stats Ever Be Available If You Don't Have a Pro Account?
Latest: 4 hours ago
Photos of Physical Items
Latest: 4 hours ago
Bulk/Mass download of another user's photos seems difficult if not impossible
Latest: 5 hours ago
Error uploading on iPhone, locked account error message
Latest: 6 hours ago
[acknowledged] How to change cards on your account!
Latest: 7 hours ago
How can my friend pay for my Flickr account?
Latest: 8 hours ago
[BUG] Only seven pictures show when manually advancing through photos in sets
Latest: 8 hours ago
Slide Show Dispay
Latest: 9 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed, redirected to new topic] [Official topic] Flickr Uploadr 3.0.5

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

There is a new version of Uploadr available in this thread for video support

(Closing this topic to redirect)

Download Uploadr 3.0.5 from Flickr Tools

Thanks to the many members that posted feedback on 3.0.2. This new version is a big step forward with tons of improvements. Here's a summary of the main issues that have been addressed.

• Uploadr no longer randomly hides your photos from search.
• Chinese/Korean/other-non-English characters are fully supported in filenames and image paths. (Even in Windows!)
• Uploads should be much more stable. They won't bother you with so much "Bonk!" or "Houston we have a problem" anymore. But, if an upload fails really badly, all your work will still be saved for later.

There are still outstanding issues with metadata added by Picasa and Lightroom. I have not tracked down the root of these problems yet, so Picasa and Lightroom users, please sit tight (I haven't forgotten about you).

Version 3.0.3 is available below and will soon be available from the Tools page.

Update January 18, 2008: Flickr Uploadr 3.0.4! This version fixes some sporadic errors on Windows. See flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/63956/372992/ for more info.

Update January 22, 2008: Flickr Uploadr 3.0.5! This version fixes "unresponsive script" errors seen by many members while the Uploadr was adding their photos to sets.

Update 8 April 2008: Support for Video and higher upload limits
Hey- you can now upload larger files through the web uploadr and a new Uploadr with higher limits and video support is coming shortly. Latest post here.

Don't forget to uninstall older versions before installing new ones!
Posted at 10:54AM, 16 January 2008 PST ( permalink )
Kevin (staff) edited this topic 84 months ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(1 to 100 of 617 replies in [Closed, redirected to new topic] [Official topic] Flickr Uploadr 3.0.5)
view photos

Andreas. says:

Just tried the new uploadr,. so far no problems :) Upload went through the 1st time :)

Thanks a lot for the update of the uploadr :)
Posted 87 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Fabio Bruna says:

Windows, English version 3.03 on XP.

At first I got some C library error window, but didn't make a screenshot. Occurred only once.
Sign never in happens, button is grey after pushing it and remains that way. Same problem as in previous versions.

Console output:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIHandlerInfo.launchWithURI]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://uploadr/content/ui.js :: anonymous :: line 309" data: no]
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/api.js
Line: 1269
Fabio Bruna edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

JonnyMoss says:

Hmmm cannot even get the thing to open, just bouncing about on the dock (mac). Will restart and try again.

How annoying!

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

.Fabio: I've never seen the "C library error" bit. If you add a photo to Uploadr, does it get thumbnailed properly? As for your signin issues, do you have a default web browser set? The "Sign In" button starts by asking Flickr for some info and then sending you to the website to authenticate. I'm not sure why you're not being taken to the website but I'm digging into it.

view photos

JonnyMoss says:

Working great now! Ta!

view photos

alphadesigner says:

Here's a screenshot of the Runtime error.

It appears immediately after the program starts but after I click OK it loads and it seems to work fine, at least for now.

EDIT: This is on Windows XP, SP2
alphadesigner edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

Kyudos says:

Should this update through v3.02? (I mean, Help|Check for updates)

view photos

pjahn says:

And still no options for silent installation? :-(

view photos

Flickr Staff

‮‭‬bees‬ says:

Kyudos: Automatic update will not be enabled before we've gathered some user feedback to make sure 3.0.3 is stable enough for a wider release.

view photos

rim light says:

No upload possible - no change to this behavior - Mac 10.4.11

view photos

hrw worcester says:

Did this correct the "missing components" that was causing issues with XP Home edition (SP2) users?

view photos

Flickr Staff

‮‭‬bees‬ says:

Aufzynden : Are you reporting a problem with the desktop uploadr software? This thread is not about the web-based uploaders.

hrw worcester: Hopefully! If you'd like to test it for us that would be great.

view photos

Flickr Staff

‮‭‬bees‬ says:

ArtWerk: I can reproduce that error (on first run only). We're looking into it

view photos

RMEIKLEJ says:

I have the same issue as ArtWerk

view photos

hrw worcester says:

Well, I was a little hesitant to try after a LOT of frustration last time, but I did and... IT WORKS!! Woohoo!

Thank you!

edited to add: I had the same runtime error, but when I tried a second time, it worked fine.

view photos

MrPhilDog says:

Yeah, I got the runtime error 1st time too.

view photos

pjahn says:

yeah. on three different systems: runtime error at first start, second start makes me :-)

view photos

zyrcster says:

Thanks for the release.

I just tried to upload a photo, and it did not have one of my sets (Abby) listed in the drop down menu. I had to add the image to the set after it was uploaded.

On a subsequent test upload, the set did appear in the drop down menu.

view photos

rim light says:

@bees: both ;) It neither work for me with desktop or webbased - since weeks!

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Aufzynden: As a last test (not that we want you to use this all the time), could you try out the basic web upload form at flickr.com/photos/upload/basic/?

view photos

bananieI says:

Seems like 3.0.3 is compatible even with Windows 2000 -- at least I managed to download it, install it, and even successfully fire off a batch of shots to my stream with it. It works like a dream. Many thanks!

view photos

dbarronoss says:

I can repeat Fabio's experience...with the popup and lack of sign in ability.
I also removed the Flickr folder (to make sure I was clean) and still the same behavior (ie it does cause a repeat of the Runtime error). I'm running Vista which I would be willing to believe is the cause of evil in the world.
However, after removing the app data folder, it did seem to run and sign in?

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

dbarronoss: I'm not sure what you're saying. After removing the Flickr folder from AppData (or Application Data, whichever), you were able to sign in and use Uploadr? If so, this is good news!

view photos

dbarronoss says:

Yes, that's correct. It works fine now. I wrote that note in two phases...1) not working 2) what I did, and it started working.

view photos

Harpo42 says:

I am having issue with Uploader - gets to 99% of a pic and then it literally disconnects me from the internet! I have Vista and am using a wi-fi. Tried going back to desk top and W2000 to use old basic upolader and same thing happened. 99% of the pic, and then the internet is cut off. What gives? It's been two days of this. All of my other browsing and email works fine.

view photos

Wayne Lam (Ramius) says:

Chinese character test still got the same result as previous version.

Test result:
OK - C:\Blue hills.jpg
OK - C:\複製 -Blue hills.jpg
Failed - C:\複製.jpg
Failed - C:\中文檔名.jpg
OK - C:\中文 - 檔名.jpg
OK - C:\複製 -複製.jpg
Failed - C:\新資料夾\Blue hills.jpg
OK - C:\新資料夾 1\Blue hills.jpg
OK - C:\New Folder\Blue hills.jpg
OK - C:\New Folder\複製 -複製.jpg

Error: Magick: Unable to open file (U:\-ヌヤ
.jpg) reported by ..\..\coders\jpeg.c:667 (ReadJPEGImage)
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/threads.js
Line: 199
Error: Magick: Unable to open file (U:\ᄚᅦル>\BLUEHI~1.JPG) reported by ..\..\coders\jpeg.c:667 (ReadJPEGImage)
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/threads.js
Line: 199

Seems like the rule of failure is like this:
If the folder name or filename contains ONLY double-byte characters, it fails.
If the folder name or filename contains double-byte characters AND any of ASCII characters, it works.
Wayne Lam (Ramius) edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

jacki32 says:

One of the problems I faced and which has been discussed in one of the Flickr groups was the fact that if you drag and drop photos into the uploader the right hand settings window is greyed out. Not only that but if you hit the upload button it changes your default settings. I hope this problem is being addressed.

view photos

Fabio Bruna says:

rcrowley: I will try to reproduce the C error msgbox, however, it occurred only once thus far. The uploader never takes me to the Flickr site. The button just stays gray. It does not matter if I have my browser open or not.
Previous uploader worked fine.
Yes, I've got a default browser set, but will do some extra checking. Try to change the default, something like that.

view photos

shafina says:

nice!

sign in finally worked for me unlike the previous version (where the grey button stayed that way forever, and there was no authentication at the website). i think i probably deleted the AppData folder somehow too after giving up and uninstalling the previous version.

i just uploaded a photo to test it out and everything worked perfectly too.

thanks! :)

view photos

shimmertje says:

It's much slower than Uploadr 2, but it does seem to work, kind of.

I got the runtime error once, but it seems to work fine after that.

I do get pop-up windows asking if I should stop a script from running. This happens after all batches have been uploaded. If I click on 'continue' the window remains, but if I click on 'stop' the window disappears and things seem fine.

I've found that I can upload up to 100 photos in several batches, BUT only if I specify one set per batch. I can fill in the tags field, but if I try to add descriptions Uploadr hangs.

If I try to place different photos within a batch into different sets, Uploadr hangs as well.

Uploadr tends not to work if I leave it idle for some time. I have to close it and reopen it.

I'm still getting yellow triangles with exclamation marks occasionally. These have to be clicked on before they disappear.

I am able to cancel an upload that's in progress, but if Uploadr's still uploading new pictures, that information stays even if I quit the software and then reopen it.

PS, for those who are wondering, if you specify several batches to be uploaded to different sets, Uploadr only puts them into their sets after uploading every single picture, and not batch by batch as I assumed.

view photos

jjjcatfree says:

I'm using MacOSX Tiger with Macbook Pro.

I get an warning message says "Warning: Unresponsive script" every time the upload finishes (or during the upload).

Clicking "Continue" button seems not working because I get a same dialogue everytime I click it. If I click "Stop script" it seems fine at a glance but when I try to quit the application, it says "upload is in progress" while there is triangle error mark on the bottom of the window. If I force quit it and next time I open the app, I see the batches I must have uploaded before.

Opneing Flickr Uploadr 2.3 was taking me several minutes which frustrated me a lot but ver3.0 sure does frustrate me in a different way.

view photos

mimbrava says:

Whatever you did has affected the Basic Uploadr:
It would not accept my titles, description or tags, and I had to enter them again when the photo loaded. Then they disappeared again, and when I entered the description, it entered it into the first comment box, and it also lost the tags again. The third time was the charm.

EDIT:
I have just realized that by doing this upgrade, you have destroyed all the saved tags from the Basic Uploadr, which had been why I had been using that feature. I now will have to re-research all my scientific names should I post a similar photo or will have to start from scratch each and every single time I post a new photo. This is not good.

Why is it that every time Flickr "improves" something it messes up something else?

Flickr staff, will you please fix this latest problem and assure us that our tags are all not gone? Please give us an update.
mimbrava edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

North Light says:

Hi, downloaded 3.03 for Mac OS X this morning, this still seems to have some bugs, lost title and description of images on upload, so I have reverted to 3.0.2

view photos

travelcedric says:

Hi there,

Just started 3.0.3 and got his error. Windows XP, x64 edition

www.flickr.com/photos/travelcedric/2199912856/

Hope that helps!

(Edit: 53 minutes later...I am still trying to get 3.0.3 to upload more than one photo at a time. I am trying to do a batch of 10 photos. Upload a photo, "BONK", stop it, refresh Flickr a half dozen times, try again..."BONK". Getting tired of Bonk, want "POING" instead. )
travelcedric edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

muckster says:

I hate the new uploader. The new features, metadata and all that, would be nice if the thing worked, but it's just way flaky on my XP system. It'll upload a file or two (maybe) before timing out and giving me some sort of lame "Houston we have a problem" joke error message that's not particularly funny. When I drag a folder of pictures into the window, maybe 80% of them actually show up, leaving me to sort through them over and over again to figure out which ones are missing.

Can we still get the old version somewhere? It was simple, but at least it was more or less reliable.

view photos

Dr. Keats says:

2.5 is still available here : www.flickr.com/tools/

view photos

muckster says:

Thanks, Dr. Keats. Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh there but this is getting extremely frustrating. I hope the flickr team can stabilize this thing -- the new functionality is much appreciated, but -- ah, here comes another error right now! I'll use 2.5 for the time being.

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

jacki32: You can click individual photos or click-and-drag to select multiple photos to edit their metadata. Uploadr should pull your defaults from the website when you sign in -- click Preferences from the File menu to verify that your default is correct in Uploadr.

shimmertje and jflowcat: If you can reproduce this, could I see a screenshot?

travelcedric: Can you click on Console from the Help menu and tell me what it says there. In most cases Uploadr should automatically retry photos, so I'm curious to see what you're running into.

view photos

mimbrava says:

My problem with tags cleared up when I restarted my Mac.

Muckster: All you have to do is click on Basic Uploadr to use it.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

mimbrava- that problem was not with Uploadr, it was related to the other thread you posted to (the post-upload page, actually). We fixed that one about an hour ago, sorry about that.

view photos

rim light says:

@rcrowley: it doesn't work either :(

view photos

innpictime ζ♠♠ρﭐḉ†ﭐᶬ₹ Ȝ͏۞°ʖ says:

3.0.3 seems fine thanks ~ is it known whether missing photos in public searches, uploaded with 3.0.2, will ever appear???

view photos

Ignatius244 says:

I was using the flickr uploader 3.0.2 just fine (loved it so far!).. I startet a new batch with files from an removabel usb device, couldn't finish adding tags, names and descriptions so i closed the application (I noticed pictures and data was saved when closed) so I could continue later. Next day when I opened the application I forgot to plug the device first so I got this exclamation sings of files not found (this was understandable ofcorse) I clicked on them and they desapeared but I notice this two blue an purple circules which wouldn't desapear, I added pictures to the uploader again and now it kind of freezed, I cannot remove images form the batch, I can make changes to the name, description and tags but the waiting circles just won't desapear. Know about this issue? is there a way to restore the application?

www.flickr.com/photos/chuy244/2199803189/

view photos

thomask says:

i'm still having problems with metadata - both in LR as mentioned in your post, but also manually added tags.

metadata added in lightroom shows up in the uploadr as individual words, but upon upload all the words appear as one tag, as if they had been entered as "example1 example2 example3". they also get added again stuck onto the end of the last tag.

if i add more tags myself in uploadr withour separting with a comma, they also get appended on the end of the LR tags.

unless i separate all tags with a comma, they upload as one tag.

eg this photo
www.flickr.com/photos/thomask/2201035758/

had the tags 5D RAW canon singapore added in LR, then i added the following tags straight after, with the punctuation as you see here-

test1 test2 test3 "test4 test5 test6" test7, test8, test9; test10; test11

is the fact that LR tags are present at all screwing up the other tags???

macbookpro, OSX10.5, uploadr 3.0.3

edited for typos and clarification ;)
thomask edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

shimmertje says:

rcrowley, I'll do a prtscr the next time it happens - but it has to complete a batch upload successfully before you see the message.

An additional observation when the script stops working: I can say "stop script", so the window will disappear, but by doing so I am actually unable to upload any more pictures. Uploadr won't even display the "Uploading 1 of 10" message, but misleadingly displays "Uploading pictures" instead. Nothing actually happens after that.

New peeves:
Uploading worked more or less yesterday, but I'm getting "Houston" or "Twiddle your Internet cables" a lot today. I'm not sure what I did, but in one instance I ended up uploading three copies of the same pictures. The previous Uploadr was able to eliminate duplicates from the upload queue; it seems like Uploadr 3 doesn't do this.

Every time I get a failure I don't click on "Try Again" now. Strangely enough, the pictures queued up will still be there, with all the tag information. I then click "Upload" and it seems to work (so far).

Uploadr 3.0.2 didn't rotate the pictures for me - I'd do it manually before uploading, and things worked fine. Uploader 3.0.3 however automatically rotates pictures, but only within the software. They're uploaded un-rotated, and I have to go in and manually rotate each picture, which is a pain. Could this bug be fixed?
Either leave the pictures un-rotated, so I can rotate them within Uploadr myself, or upload the rotated versions automatically - I'm fine either way.

Uploadr 3 is so slow I am seriously wondering if I should go back to Uploadr 2. I can't seem to use most of the nifty features in 3. The only thing I do like and which works is that all my sets are now in alphabetical order, so they're easier to find.

view photos

Zoolcar9 says:

It still doesn't recognize TIFF image on Add File dialog, as many reported in the old topic.
You must use asterisk for using appendFilter() method in nsIFilePicker.

fp.appendFilter("TIFF", "*.tiff; *.TIFF; *.tif; *.TIF");

See developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/nsIFilePicker#appendFilter....

Oh, and thanks for cleaning up and using my patch.

view photos

kevin9622 says:

I am having problems with the Uploadr. I think someone has the same problem too.

The upload button is gone on the User Interface, and in the put down menu from Files, the upload button selection is gray out. I think this is due to the application is looking for photos that is no long in my harddrive and the button would only active when the photos are found. The funny things is that the MB counter on the top is showing a -1055MB (negative). I was thinking if i remove the old 3.02 with WinXP's uninstaller and reinstall the 3.02 in a new directory. This would solve the problem. Did the uninstall and re-install in a new directory. Start the 3.02 from the new directory. The application is looking for the photos... Then I used an application cleaner to remove 3.02. And I even went to clean the Window Registry. Just to make sure all the stuff is gone. Reinstall. 3.02 Same problem.

Then I check up on Flickr's FAQ. Saw the 3.03 in this Forum. Upgraded to 3.03. Same problem it is still looking for the photos but the MB counter is now showing 8.8MB. Which is about right. There are 6 or 7 photos total to 8 MB.

Is there anyway to fix this? Please help.

Enclosed link to my prolem.
www.flickr.com/photos/wongke9622/2201437886/
kevin9622 edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

The_Photo_Boy says:

I am also getting the "Warning: Unresponsive script" every time an upload finishes. V3.0.3 on WinXP.

view photos

travelcedric says:

Seems to be line 306 that is where the uploader is stopping. The console reads "Upload Timeout:0 ". Here is the line and some other lines around it.

// Timeout an upload after too much inactivity
timeout: function(id) {
if (uploadr.conf.console.timeout) {
Components.utils.reportError('UPLOAD TIMEOUT: ' + id);
}
window.clearInterval(upload.progress_handle);
upload.progress_handle = null;
upload.cancel = true;
upload._start(false, id);

I have also noticed that it is not automatically adding photos to my sets, even though I am adding them in the uploader. I can't see where that error is.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Okay, just had a different error message pop up...here it is.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch2.getIntPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/findbar.xml :: :: line 369" data: no]

Good luck!
travelcedric edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Flickr Uploadr 3.0.4! Version 3.0.4 fixes issues with the Microsoft C Runtime that were causing sporadic error messages to be displayed when starting the app. If you were not seeing this problem then this upgrade is not terribly important. However, for those seeing the error R6034 dialog, this will fix that message and keep Uploadr from crashing. Mac Users don't need to upgrade but there is a new version for them, too.

Regarding the "Unresponsive script" error that several have reported: I am still working to narrow down the cause and duplicate the symptoms. If you see it again, I would love to see screenshots of the error message and the Console (from the Help menu). Thank you all for continuing to help out. You rock!

Windows:

German: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-de.exe
English: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-en.exe
Spanish: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-es.exe
French: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-fr.exe
Italian: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-it.exe
Korean: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-kr.exe
Portuguese: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-br.exe
Chinese: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-hk.exe

Mac:

German: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-de.dmg
English: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-en.dmg
Spanish: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-es.dmg
French: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-fr.dmg
Italian: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-it.dmg
Korean: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-kr.dmg
Portuguese: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-br.dmg
Chinese: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0.4-hk.dmg

view photos

my old account says:

my old account edited this topic 58 months ago.

view photos

travelcedric says:

Got the same error on initial load as david rixon did, Windows XP, version 3.0.4. Currently trying to upload a photo, will see what happens...

Bonked again, same error as before, line 306.

The photos are going through, but to see them on my page, I need to refresh, then go back to the Home page, then go back to my photo page.

I have run out of photos to upload, will see how things go the next time I have some new photos.

view photos

alphadesigner says:

Just like david rixon and travelcedric I encounter the same problem (first run) as in the previous version. Uploading seems to work fine and there aren't other issues.

However when I checked whether it hides photos from search (after I uploaded a picture and opened its page), I discovered that "Photo" is replaced by "Video" in the settings box. LOL Maybe video is coming soon to Flickr, aye? :))

[Edited for clarification.]

view photos

Fabio Bruna says:

rcrowley, FYI, the sign in button staying grey and no browser window opening seems to be related(in my case anyway) to the type of browser being the default one. Firefox was set default(checked that). Changed it to IE, and IE did open and I could set the permission. My problem is solved, but maybe this information is useful for someone else.
Also I am using the portableapps.com version of Firefox. Will post this issue on their form too.

view photos

fetching says:

okay, good lord, what a piece of junk!

I start filling in my info and tags. It disappears if I stop typing and leave the window! I have no way of knowing what I've typed or if it's still there. So I click on upload and sometimes it's there and sometimes it isn't.

can i download the older version somewhere?

view photos

Flora_Chan says:

thanks for the update, but i still have problems!
after i drag photos to uploadr, there is not always the "upload photos" button. when there is, after i click it, it says "uploading photos to flickr", but it seems nothing is happening and no photo is really uploaded. what's the problem?

view photos

kabren says:

Is there anywhere I can get the old version...I keep getting errors while uploading, or like fetching said, all the info disappears...

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

david rixon, travelcedric and ArtWerk: If you didn't uninstall 3.0.3 before installing 3.0.4, then that issue might persist. However, as you've noted, things continue to work properly. Except for...

travelcedric: I'm not sure why you're still getting upload timeouts. (By the way, line 306 doesn't have any significance, that's just the line that prints the error message.) I'm going to check with a network guru. Have you tried uploading from the website at flickr.com/photos/upload/ ?

.Fabio: I'm glad it's working for you now. I'll check out that version of Firefox and keep it in mind if anyone else has issues. Thank you!

fetching: Metadata is saved back into the photos whenever you change which photos are selected. If you go back to an individual photo you can see that your titles/tags/descriptions are still there. (If they're not, then we should try to figure out what's gone haywire for you.)

Flora_Chan: I can see that you've authenticated Uploadr, so that probably isn't an issue (double check that your name is displayed in the photos area). Do you have the Uploadr set to resize your photos? It could be spending some time there and possibly failing before uploading. Lastly, could you click on the Help menu, click Console and tell me if there's anything listed there?

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

The old version is still available at flickr.com/tools/.

view photos

mercuryvapour says:

Is the uploadr designed to not use all outgoing bandwidth? If I upload a photo, flickr uploadr sends it at ~40K/s. However, if I upload the same photo with juploadr, it goes at ~90K/s. Is there a way of fixing this so it uses all bandwidth?

EDIT: the website uploader also uploads at ~90K/s. Seems to just be the application which is slow at uploading.

view photos

photogirl7.1 says:

I tried to up load with my old Uploader and kept saying that I was working off line even though I was in Flickr. I downloaded the new version and kept saying I was working offline and would not load. I tried using the basic uploader and got boinked. I cannot use either of the uploader features. I have since taken the new Uploader of from my computer and still cannot upload. Help. I have Firefox as my browser.

view photos

kevin9622 says:

3.04 is giving me the same problem.
Roll back to 2.5. 2.5 is working good!

view photos

iain mill says:

Flickr uploadr 3.0.4 runtime error (as per first 3 posters, above) appears to be fixed for me (I uninstalled first as advised ;-) - I also deleted info in C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Flickr prior to uninstall. FYI deleting this info with 3.0.3 already installed recreated the C++ runtime error for me when 3.0.3 was run).

Minor gripe #1: When i click Add, it defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures, whereas AFA windows is concerned, my 'My Documents' folder is located at D:\My Documents. Any way you can have the uploadr check the user profile for the location of the users' My Documents folder?

Minor gripe #2: Tabbing through the title, tag etc fields works fine. Shift+tab doesn't work in the Title, Description, or Tags fields. It does in the rest. Any chance this can be fixed?

Minor gripe #3: Selecting multiple photos that i've already applied the same titles, tags etc to doesn't show up in the fields. Can you add this? And perhaps even expand that so that multiple photos with different info in the fields will show up any info common that is common to all photos selected? such as if they've all got different descriptions, but are going in the same set. (similar to iTunes, when u get info for multiple mp3's?) - Just a thought, probably an idea for a future release. I also believe someone may have asked for this already, if they have, sorry for repeating the request.

Hope this helps ;-)

view photos

Wayne Lam (Ramius) says:

3.0.4 is worse than 3.0.3 for Chinese support!!

Here is the test result of 3.0.4:

and its error message

And here is the result from 3.0.3 which I posted previously but no response:

rcrowley
Can you show us your test case that " Chinese/Korean/other-non-English characters are fully supported in filenames and image paths. (Even in Windows!)"?
Seems like your test case is totally different with everyone's experience.
From the error message above, I noticed that the path you pass to ReadJPEGImage is strange. The codepage you used might be wrong.
Wayne Lam (Ramius) edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

Spencer in Ann Arbor says:

I have a bunch of photos that uploadr apparently "randomly hid from search". Is there a way to unhide them in bulk?

view photos

Wayne Lam (Ramius) says:

It's weird!?
Korean characters works on my Chinese system!

I got a Vista MUI system in my office, maybe I can try to switch it to Korean and test those Chinese filenames again to see what will happen.

view photos

shimmertje says:

I'm sorry.. I just rolled back to version 2.5. I just have too many photos to upload right now, and version 3.0.3 developed a new problem -

It told me it was done, and the previous batch of photos of 190+ pictures have indeed been uploaded to Flickr. When I quit the software it told me that an upload was still in progress, but I just said to cancel the upload.

Then I went and added a new batch, clicked 'upload'.. and then found that Uploadr 3.0.3 'remembered' the old batch as well.. and then it hung, displaying just the new pictures, with bouncing balls for the older batch.

So I decided to try clicking 'Upload' so that I could cancel the upload. I then quit the software and told it I really wanted to cancel the upload. But when I re-opened the software, I just got a whole lot of bouncing balls.. (if I waited long enough with 3.0.2 the pictures would display so I could remove them).

So.. I uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled 2.5, and it seems to be sending pictures fine.

I would really love it if Uploadr 3 works. But when I'm catching up on three weeks' worth of photos to be uploaded at 100-200MB per batch, it just isn't the right time to encounter problems.

view photos

Flora_Chan says:

rcrowley: thanks for your reply.
1. i DID double check that my name IS displayed in the photos area
2. i didn't use Uploadr to resize any photos. what i did was just dragging photos to uploadr and uploading them, but nothing uploaded.
3. yes there are five items listed under console: magick: unable to open file. how can i copy the error window here like Wayne Lam (Ramius) did?

view photos

Lelei.de says:

Uploadr upload pictures with only 10% of possible bandwith in Vista - XP & Leo works almost with full upload speed.

it is a line with 5mbit/s upload

view photos

jjjcatfree says:

Here's the warning message I got.

www.flickr.com/photos/12942785@N07/2203039737/

Though I didn't see any error message in the console.

view photos

ramson says:

rcrowley Are you still working on the rotation bug(s)? This is a really big problem, I think.

Recap:
1) the thumbnails appear correctly rotated in the uploadr, but are not when they get to the site (and then cannot rotate the original size) - I think this bug was first mentioned at beta;
2) if rotated in the uploadr they are 'resized' (same dimensions, but file size drops from 1.5Mb to 300K)

I don't have a batch ready to upload at the moment to check whether it's more stable connection-wise, but I'm looking forward to that.

Thanks

view photos

travelcedric says:

Tried 3.0.4: Failed
Went back and tried 2.5: Failed
Tried the website based uploader: Failed

I am now going to complain to the hotel that I am stuck in and tell them their internet sucks. =)

I think that I am going to go back to 3.0.2, it seems to have worked the best for me so far.

view photos

photogirl7.1 says:

I just reloaded Flickr Upkoadr 2.5 and it works just fine. I have uploaded a few photos and I am happy with this version. The new basic Uploader sucks as it bonked me so many times so did the new Uploader. This versions that you have now do not work.

view photos

Taps7734 says:

I just tried uploading 17 photos at once. Each between 2 and 2.5 Megs apiece.

I am BONKing and getting the message to Houston.

Occasionally 1 or two will go through if I retry, but it seems to be taking forever. I am just trying again and again until they go through.

view photos

Werewolf Puppy says:

I have an observation. Flickr Uploadr 3.0.4 installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86.exe) on my computer. But I already Have Visual C++ 2005 express edition installed. Wierd. Version 3.0.2 did not install the redistributable package. I don't know if I found a bug in the installation routine / script.

Cheers

*Edited for clarity*

Nevermind. Maybe this new version uses some dynamic linked libraries or .NET assemblies that MSVC++ Express Edition didn't install.
Werewolf Puppy edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

fixedgear says:

Thanks, I was getting lots of 'bonk' and 'houston' but this seems to be working fine (Vista)

view photos

shanghaimike says:

Hi, I can't even get to download the Flicker Uploadr 3.0.4. from tools page.
Error 404 continues to show up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated from this newbie to Flickr.
Does the fact that I live behind the Great Fire Wall have anything to do with it?
I have no problems viewing photos in Flickr.

view photos

shanghaimike says:

Here is the screen shot of what happens. This is the result from using the link to the English windows version above.

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
admin2.flickr.mud.yahoo.com
Apache/2.0.52

view photos

Dr. Keats says:

If you've not already done so, I'd strongly advise installing the Firefox extension described here: www.flickr.com/help/forum/42351/#reply360943

THEN try downloading 3.0.4, and see if you can...

Alternatively, maybe check to see if your browser is blocking any Flickr's servers (farm1, farm2, and farm3).

view photos

mattmmatt says:

How about iPhoto integration? I really would love to use your uploadr, but can't as I don't want to leave my titles and keywords behind.

Thanks!

view photos

kdynamic says:

I am having a very frustrating problem. I wanted to upload about 20 pictures totally 6.5 megs. I spent a lot of time doing all the tags and descriptions, but when I went to upload them, the "upload" menu item was grayed out! I have a pro account and am not trying to upload too many photos at once (as has been reported to cause this problem in the past). I authorized uploadr and it says I am logged in. Please don't tell me I have to redo all my tags and descriptions!! help! How do I un-gray the upload button??

EDIT: Just after posting this I deleted one photo... and viola I could upload! Is this some kind of strange bug? Very weird.

view photos

hapticflapjack says:

I tried adding 50odd photos to a new set, and that failed four times, with three photos being the revolving balls rather than the preview, twice with a "Houston" error, and once with one photo getting up and then a "This script is running lowly" type error. So I tried to strip it down:

I am on a Mac, 10.4.11. I spotlight for Uploadr and remove the 3.0.2 version from the Applications folder, the Flickr Uploadr folder from /users/me/Library/Application Support and com.flickr.uploadr.plist from /users/me/Library/Preferences. I empty the Trash. I go to my flickr account and revoke all (there were two - Flickr Uploadr - write; and Flickr Uploadr (Macintosh) - delete) existing permissions for the Uploadr.

I launch the Uploadr 3.0.4 and authenticate with my flickr account - there's now only one "Flickr Uploadr - write"

I add one photo and add it to an existing set. This is the photo I uploaded before, which uploaded and then there was an error. This time, I have had the Houston error twice. After hitting "Try again" twice, it has now, as I typed, managed to make it to 3%, before getting the Houston error again. The fourth time, it is getting nowhere... and just Houstoned...

I managed to via the Flickr site

I go back to the Uploadr and add just a single image - one that has the spinning balls forever in the Uploadr. This gets to 5% and then Houstons. Using the basic uploadr, it fails too - there's a site timeout: "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

view photos

brad_holt says:

Uploadr does not preserve my captions or tags I create in Windows Photo Gallery Live. Is this a bug or just the way it's going to be? I see where I can add it in Uploadr, but I refuse to do things twice.

I use Windows Photo Gallery to upload my pictures currently, which works well with one exception-- it never preserves the date taken.

Is there something better than these two, or is there just no "perfect" uploading tool? Thanks!

view photos

Ratatusk says:

New Uploadr not messing up the text of the tags and description part of the metadata containing foreign characters (non-english set).
A new problem now though is that Uploadr GUI does not show the photos description metadata and tags metadata in it's "Description:" and "Tags:" fields. Those fields remain completely blank but after uploading the photos to Flickr, the correct metadata shows up in Flickr and with correct characters.

Tested on two fresh installed systems, XP Pro fully Windows Update patched and Windows Vista (not fully patched), with Flickr Uploader 3.0.4.

view photos

Mulling it Over says:

Oh man.

First off I'd like to thank the dev(s) working on this, it's a great effort. There are a lot of features in it that were sorely lacking from the 2.0 release.

That being said, oh my, this is one of the most buggy, broken pieces of sofware I've ever used. I don't think it was a good choice to release this to the public without tons of warnings. It was not ready for public release. Please, please consider pulling it out of the spotlight and putting it back in closed alpha until you get the bugs worked out. This is bad show.

edit: I should clarify what I'm describing as 'bad show.' The upload button disappears, rendering the application useless for its primary function. Beyond that, if you're able to massage the uploader to convince the upload button to reappear, it's still failing to upload randomly where no other upload app fails. The message following a failure borders on cruel, since it claims that your network connection is at fault ('go jiggle some cables') when clearly it's not if other apps can upload without a problem. This isn't just broken, but actively harmful since a layperson might follow the advice and go mucking with their network unnecessarily.

Another edit: Hey, nice. It looks like I didn't have the latest release. This build appears to have fixed the missing upload button! Thankyousomuch! I haven't done a lot of uploading yet, but I'm optimistic. Thanks again. I recant my plea to pull the uploader.
Mulling it Over edited this topic 87 months ago.

view photos

jafvis(ystspzz) says:

Just dumped it again! Same problem as 3.0.2! Click sign in and it just stays there saying "signing in". Add a photo...get spinning blue/pink dots, now two sets of spinning dots...they just continue, no thumbnail. From menu, I click 'Preferences'. Message says I must sign in...I click 'sign in'...nothing!
I removed program, shut down Zone Alarm, then reinstalled Uploadr. The reinstalled Uploadr opens with the spinning dots already there like I had before. Stays like that indefinitely!
Windows XP Pro SP2
Note...I was already signed into the site when I tried getting this thing to work. My connection is good!

view photos

mainfr4me says:

I'm really glad the dev team has been working on this, the Flickr users at large really appreciate it!

But, still getting errors like this make me go all sad face.
UploaderSadness
Hopefully this helps you all.

view photos

donut2D says:

You guys fixed my problem with photos that come from Picasa (with metadata)! Thank you! I'm thrilled with the new Uploadr now that it's working. Thank you!

view photos

Claborne - CameraNinja.com says:

Received "Warning: Unresponsive Script.
Uploader ver. 3.04
Use Case:
Drop one or more pictures on uploader
Create new set
Click Upload
Uploader completes and then informs you that it is moving the pictures to the set (I might suggest that you not say that you are done till you are really done so people don't close the app since the message at the bottom is pretty small)
Receive Unresponsive script
Script: chrome://uploadr/content/api.js:491 (picture below)

unresponsive-script

view photos

Silly Luis says:

For those of you having problems un-installing and resintalling in XP: After uninstalling search for a folder named something like C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Flickr\Flickr Uploadr and delete it too, to start with a clean slate. Do note that "Application data" is a hidden folder; you might have to tweak a little in "folder options" to make it visible to you.

view photos

lost4words says:

It would be nice if Uploader actually worked at all.
I've been trying all morning with no success.
If it's down for maintenance or something, a wee note to that effect would be a help.
Posted 86 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ryner12 says:

I downloaded and began using the new Uploadr yesterday without any problems. The actual upload time seems to take much longer than the previous version, but I can deal.

Could you please allow the user to indicate a preference of the order in which their sets are listed on the Uploadr (a-z, date created, etc.)? The previous version of Uploadr sorted in reverse order of date created which, while not perfect, was much more helpful to me than alphabetical (how it sorts now). It would be much more user-friendly if we could each set our own preferred set order.

view photos

mrrrrrrrrr says:

So, what problems, exactly, did this new version supposedly "fix." After having installed and uninstalled 3.02 and going back to the old version, I just installed this to upload 15 new pictures. This "new and improved" version has somehow turned my batch of 15 pictures into a 295MB batch including photos that were uploaded over a week ago. Great job Flickr programmers! Thanks for turning all of us into unwitting beta testers.

Update: I was able to manually delete all the old, already uploaded pictures. I then went through and tagged and organized the new pictures. After waiting a far longer than all previous versions amount of time for the pictures to upload, there was a script error. The photos were uploaded, but none of the tag, set or privacy info came through. Now I need to do it all over again through Organize as if I uploaded through the web. What is the problem getting this thing right?
mrrrrrrrrr edited this topic 86 months ago.

view photos

MadeIn1953 says:

I'm now using vers. 3.0.4 on an XP, SP-2 installed.

I'm getting the same error as claborne above. Got it on the prior vers. and I uploaded new vers. 3.0.4 today. Same problem.

I was able to upload a bunch of pics, then the script error started appearing. The error msg. just seems to play over and over again. I click on the "Continue" button, but nothing seems to happen. When I clicked on the "Stop script" button, it stopped and then I tried to look at the console - no errors were present.

view photos

fykuan867 says:

The multi-byte character issue is still there in 3.0.4
Windows XP SP2

未命名

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Getting the same 'script unresponsive' error as claborne reports above.

running OSX10.5.1 uploadr 3.0.4

the photo uploaded fine (and a new set was created as expected)

view photos

buruneko says:

I am having a problem with Uploader - it gets to 99% of a pic and then it stops and does not finish. I have XP and am using a wi-fi. Tried via Firefox and Explorer, tried the new and "old" uploader. Same thing. All of my other browsing and email works fine.

Any suggestions on how to sort this out?

view photos

Rohit Markande says:

ultimately u got it right...but this should have been the version 3.0.0.
I am using Windows Vista and Firefox.

view photos

steve.schmeiser says:

Using 3.0.4 on Mac OS X version 10.5.1. Uploading small batches works fine, but anything over a few dozen and it fails with a "Try again" every few photos.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Just to follow up.

After uploading the photo and receiving the script error, I shut down the uploadr app.

I then relaunched and uploaded a second batch and instructed it to add it to the set that was created in the first batch.

Unfortunately, it created an entirely new batch .. with the same name as the one I chose from the list.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(1 to 100 of 617 replies in [Closed, redirected to new topic] [Official topic] Flickr Uploadr 3.0.5)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads