Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Ongoing improvements & updates to Free & Pro plans
Latest: 3 hours ago
Mobile app update: stats on the go.
Latest: 13 hours ago
Hi SmugMug, my wish list for Flickr
Latest: 14 hours ago
Has the Gift Option been re-instated?
Latest: 3 days ago
Supporting international currencies and taxes
Latest: 3 days ago
[Official Thread] CEO Don MacAskill responses to Free and Pro account threads
Latest: 6 weeks ago

Current Discussion

Flickr message on screen as you’ve been signed out of Flickr you need to sign back in
Latest: 4 minutes ago
Favorites, Galleries, Groups, Albums, add more photos, limit of 25, and on and on
Latest: 87 minutes ago
Response to Flickr Nov. 1 Claims
Latest: 87 minutes ago
Help with pro membership
Latest: 2 hours ago
Goodbye Flickr
Comments not posting
+follow
Latest: 4 hours ago
4 Explores in 2 weeks - is that even possible??
Latest: 4 hours ago
downloaded zip file opens in Word
Latest: 7 hours ago
Flickr Alternatives/Replacements
Latest: 9 hours ago
where do I find the number of photos I have uploaded to my flickr account?
Latest: 10 hours ago
"Adult Content"
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Users in China can't see images

Flickr Staff

hitherto says:

Since around 12:30pm (Beijing time) on June 7th, users in China have been unable to view images on flickr.com.

Our technical staff have looked into this and determined that it's not a technical issue from our end. Evidence suggests that our image servers are being blocked for many users in China.

We are checking periodically to see if the block is still in place, but haven't detected any change. We hope that this is a temporary issue and we currently believe that it will be. In the meantime, we are investigating our alternatives. Thanks for your patience.

As Stewart stated earlier,

"Unfortuantely, the firewall's administrators don't provide contact details, so we can't just call up someone who makes decisions about which sites are blocked and plead our cases. All we can do at this point is continue to monitor, seek advice from colleagues closer to the region and/or with more experience.

We definitely haven't forgotten about you, but there is not much for us to announce publicly at this point. As soon as anything changes, will let you know. And we're all rooting for you!"

Access to earlier forum topics on this subject now seem inaccessible for some China-based users, so I'm adding this as a locked topic so that we can at least keep you updated.
Posted at 3:04AM, 8 June 2007 PST ( permalink )
hitherto (staff) edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

11 June 23:30 (PDT)

We know images from Flickr are still blocked and definitely care very much about our friends who cannot access pictures. We have been contacting people to hopefully get a positive resolution with restoration of photos, but this of course has not happened yet. The Flickr team is very sorry for this continued issue and will update you when we have more to share.
Posted ages ago. ( permalink )

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads