Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Update on the new photo experience
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Official Thread] Detailed explanation of new features in Flickr 3.0 apps
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Take a survey to help us improve Flickr groups
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Official Thread] Using a Yahoo username and password to sign in to Flickr
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Official Thread] Providing feedback on Flickr 3.0 for iOS and Android
Latest: 8 days ago

Current Discussion

[BUG] Display problem with panoramic images in groups.
Latest: 3 minutes ago
how do I block someone from following me?
Latest: 4 minutes ago
Android App hogging storage, freezing and draining battery
Latest: 22 minutes ago
How did my friend delete 22 specific pictures off his favorite.
Latest: 24 minutes ago
Find a last log in day for contact
Latest: 26 minutes ago
Blackout
Latest: 29 minutes ago
Help please. Uploading photos to FLICKR .Showing in 'Albums' but not 'Photostream' !!??
Latest: 64 minutes ago
how to grab url???
Latest: 78 minutes ago
How to logout from the new flickr mail
Latest: 2 hours ago
Guest Pass missing/no longer working - viewers have NO download options even for Public photos
Deleting a set or an album
Thousands of views from unknown source in 24h?
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Topic] Bugs and Issues with creating or viewing galleries

Flickr Staff

heather says:

If you encounter issues with creating or viewing galleries, then this Help Forum Topic is for you. The more detailed info you share about the issue, the faster we'll be able to get you on your way.

The following gallery FAQS might prove helpful:

I'm trying to add a photo or video, but I don't see the "Add to gallery" icon. Why?
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#1051181

Can I add my own photos and videos to a gallery?
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#939062

How can I edit a gallery?
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#938180

How do I remove my photo from a gallery?
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#938190

Here's a link to the full gallery FAQs:
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/
Posted at 1:01PM, 14 September 2009 PDT ( permalink )

← prev 1 2 3 4 5
(1 to 100 of 427 replies in [Official Topic] Bugs and Issues with creating or viewing galleries)
view photos

Яick Harris says:

Not a bug, but it gives me a grammatical tic. This appears in the initial flickr-mail:

"Galleries is a new feature on Flickr that enables the
curation of other members public photos. If you haven’t
stumbled across one yet, here are a few of our favourites:"

It should read: "Galleries are a new ..."
Posted 56 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Lú_ says:

Actually, that can act as a singular noun too, like "five hundred miles is a long way to cycle". But "one" has no antecedent ;)

view photos

Яick Harris says:

Concedes to Lu's superior mad proofing/editing/grammatical skillz.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Nope, it's correct as it stands. feature is singular and takes a singular verb. Don't let the inverted sentence structure fool you.

The feature enables you the curation of other members photos. "Galleries" doesn't enable anything. It's the name of the feature.

Subject: feature
Predicate: Is
Predicate Nominative: Galleries

The new feature is "Galleries".

Not

The new feature are "Galleries".

www.geocities.com/mshayes611/Predicate_Nominatives.htm
englishplus.com/grammar/00000016.htm

view photos

RubyMae says:

Almost an hour and a half into the rollout of galleries and no actual bug reports (yet). That's smooth. (I'd say "good coding, guys" but I don't want to jinx it.)

view photos

Wave / Particle / Pixel says:

Started a gallery, shows up on my galleries page, but as soon as I want to enter it, it seems vanished??

here: www.flickr.com/photos/venmus/galleries/72157622370248038/

view photos

ColleenM says:

I see 5 Galleries when I go via your photostream, but that link gives me
"This is not the page you're looking for."

view photos

indeed, the link should take one to the 'sheer femininity' which does not seem to exist when clicked. A few times i got a javascript error saying something with 'invalid ID'.

view photos

Lú_ says:

I'm getting the same thing on that Gallery, when clicking through from the Gallery page: "This is not the page you're looking for."

view photos

elementalPaul says:

- I see what you mean. On the plus side the current images I'm presented with on following a duff link seem rather apt :-)

Personally I'd lay the blame straight at the feet of RubyMae ;-)

view photos

ColleenM says:

Wave / Particle / Pixel

Yeah, when I click "Sheer Feminity" I get the same screen.

Just a heads up though. Many of your images verge on 'moderate'. Galleries are for safe images only. You may want to alert the folks you are highlighting this way that their images are now much more public, and they may want to review the flagging guidelines. I'm seeing a lot of boobs and bums in your galleries.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hello Wave / Particle / Pixel ,

We're looking into that one gallery that is returning a Page Not Found right now. Thanks.

view photos

It's working now!

And I deleted the gallery....
Wave / Particle / Pixel edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

griannan says:

i'm not sure if this is the right place but i didn't receive notification that some of my images were placed in a gallery via recent activity, like with favorites and comments. i found out by flickr mail. i think the faqs say you are notified via recent activity.

and is it correct that if you wish to remove the image you have to go to the gallery page? i don't want to but just curious.
never mind this part. just reread the faq!

otherwise this is a very cool feature! thanks-
griannan edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

♥ shhexy corin ♥ says:

I got some comments on my gallery, when clicking the comment link (the little speech bubble) from my activity page, it went to here: www.flickr.com/photos///comment

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Yup, I see that too, shhexycorin; we'll look into fixing it. Thanks!

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Bug alert. I was looking at a gallery (using Safari 4) when I wasn't signed into Flickr. But, the comment box was there, so I didn't notice I wasn't signed in. So I typed the comment and pressed post. It sent me to a "flickr has the hiccups" page, so I went back in the browser and hit post again. Again, it went to the "hiccups" page. Went back... and at that point noticed that I wasn't signed in.

But, the comments were posted anyway!

See here: www.flickr.com/photos/striatic/galleries/72157622370529946/

view photos

Flickr Staff

heather says:

Brenda, ah... yes. That would explain a couple of weird comments on one of my galleries.

view photos

coda says:

Same bug report as Brenda I think - I received a ghost comment on my gallery

view photos

gemgirlart. broken heart. says:

Add another hashmark in the comments issue column:

My gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/gemgirlart/galleries/72157622246085...

The few comments with the noname noface posters link to an Explore page and if I try to delete the repeats (that I am guessing are the same as what Brenda mentioned above - the Flick'r Hiccups while the user was trying to post?) but anyway those delete links go to an OOPS! page.

Otherwise, ME LIKES!
Galleries are fun!

~ gem ~

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hey Brenda, coda, and gemgirlart,

We've smashed this bug with our hefty hinklebonker tool, and we'll be scrubbing those comments out of there soon.

Thanks for the reports!

view photos

coda says:

That was quick! Love your work.

I must get me one of them hinklebonkers...

view photos

gemgirlart. broken heart. says:

Done and DONE!
Nice work wielding the hinklebonker :D
Thanks!

view photos

99%: "Meh" says:

I got the comment link bug too, takes me to an explore page....

Other then that, bug free and loving the new feature!

view photos

George says:

Super Fantastic, team.

Teeny thing - on a page like this: www.flickr.com/photos/heather/galleries/ - it doesn't seem to know that I'm already heather's contact, and asks "Add heather as a contact?". If I click that, everything seems in order in the little box that pops up.

view photos

art.crazed says:

I was just informed that one of my pics was added to a gallery, but when I clicked on it I also got the "This is not the page you're looking for" message. Here's the link:
www.flickr.com/photos/dkrising/galleries/72157622246699933

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

I wonder if that happens if someone creates a gallery and then decides to delete it.

view photos

leesure says:

Bug perhaps...

www.flickr.com/photos/leesure/galleries/in/ shows 2 of my photos are being shown in galleries.

First, I know of at least 1 other shot that's in a gallery...see here:

www.flickr.com/photos/thomashawk/galleries/72157622246306...

The 3rd to last one...the boat with the sunrise in the BG...is in a gallery, but not in the lost of my shots that are in galleries.

Second, I received a flickmail notification when the 1st shot was added to a gallery, but have received no further flickrmail notices on the at least 2 others.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

99%: "Meh": Thanks, we have squashed that bug, so going forward that won't happen again. If you're like to delete that comment, go ahead - if you have trouble with deleting it, just let us know.

George: thanks for the catch on that one! I'll toss it the developers. :)

art.crazed: sorry to hear that. It looks like that gallery was deleted by the user. Not sure if we can improve the messaging there, but I'll ask.

leesure: thanks - we'll take a look there to see what's happening.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

leesure wrote

Second, I received a flickmail notification when the 1st shot was added to a gallery, but have received no further flickrmail notices on the at least 2 others.
You won't receive a special flickrmail each time. It shows up in your Recent Activity. The special flickrmail is a one-off the first time so you can learn about galleries.

view photos

leesure says:

@Brenda: OK, but FWIW, none of my photos being added to someone's gallery have triggered anything in 'Recent Activity'

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Hmm, that does sound like a bug then... unless the photos were added to galleries during the "beta" stage and you weren't a beta participant. Notifying you then wouldn't have happened because it was a secret.

could that be it?

(I wasn't in the beta, and I had one photo that was added to a gallery a few weeks ago, and, of course, I never was notified then. I've had 2 photos added into a gallery today (after launch) and I was notified. But all 3 show up in the "galleries using your photos" page... that's how I found out about the first one).

view photos

meabbott says:

None of my photos have the Add To Gallery button. Also, the safety level indicator is missing from the photo pages. I know it has never been there, but it needs to be.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

If your photos were added to multiple galleries during the beta, then the messaging in the flickrmail we send out on launch says,

This is a quick note from FlickrHQ to let you know that a few of your photos have been selected by your fellow Flickr members to appear in their galleries:

www.flickr.com/photos/me/galleries/in

Although I noticed that the subject of the mail just says "Hey zyrcster, foobar has added your photo to their gallery."

At any rate, after the initial mail, if your photos get added to new galleries, they ought to show up in Recent Activity.

leesure, we'll take a look at the galleries your photos are in and see what we can learn.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hey meabbott,

Because you cannot add your own photos to galleries, you will not see the Add to Gallery button above your own images. However, I just looked, and I can see it above your photos on their photo pages.

Other feature requests such as the safety level on the photo page should be posted to Flickr Ideas, not this thread, so that we can stay on topic in this big ol' Flickrverse. ;-)
www.flickr.com/groups/flickrideas/

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

meabbott wrote

None of my photos have the Add To Gallery button.
You can't add your own photos to a gallery, so you won't see the button. I see the button on your photos.

*edit* too slow**

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Oh, I stand corrected. The initial flickrmail I got was about the photo added to the gallery during the beta stage...

See? I really should *read* the flickrmails and not just glance at the title. :)

view photos

meabbott says:

Ahh. When will we be able to add our own photos to galleries? I will check that group out, thanks.

view photos

loupiote (Old Skool) pro says:

i find annoying that the title of my photos are truncated to a very short string when viewed in a gallery.

e.g. in www.flickr.com/photos/michellebrecher/galleries/721576223...

the title in the gallery appears as:

DSC07599 - Burning Man 2009 -…

while the actual photo title is:

DSC07599 - Burning Man 2009 - Steven Raspa is the Uber Bunny, leading the Bunny March

i think 2 or 3 lines of text for the photo title would be nice, before truncating!
loupiote (Old Skool) pro edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

leesure says:

The third photo that wasn't showing up as being in a gallery now DOES show up as being in that gallery. Either you fixed it (if so, then great) or it takes upwards of 8 hours for that to populate...which iy prolly not so good.

view photos

Flickr Staff

straup says:

leesure: The third photo was missing due to a hiccup when it was added to the gallery. As you can see, it's been fixed now :-)

Apologies for the confusion.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

leesure Hey there, one of our ace developers got right on that problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, and no, it should not take 8 hours to populate. :)

::reminder to self to preview::

view photos

Weird_Aunt_Martha says:

Issue - I attempted to follow directions to remove my photo from a gallery, but to no avail. It simply would do nothing. That was clicking the 'x' in the gallery. I then went to my recent activity, but the addition to the gallery did not appear there.

Even changing my preferences didn't remove the photo.

Sadly, I had to delete my photo to remove it from someone's gallery.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Weird_Aunt_Martha, we're sorry you deleted your photo- we are investigating the issue.

view photos

Sadly, I had to delete my photo to remove it from someone's gallery.

flagging the photo "moderate" or making it "private" should have sufficed anyway.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

We also are having problems with removing a photo from someone's gallery right now, so looks like something we need to squash. We're working on that.

view photos

Richard- says:

I got notice that an image of mine was used in a gallery. I turned the gallery access off and attempted to delete the image from the person's gallery and it didn't work. I see the "X", click it, and the dialog comes up, I click remove and nothing happens.

This is a bug.

I also see nothing in my recent activity about this, just the flickrmail.

I'd like to receive notice that this is fixed so I can remove the image ASAP. And no, I'm not going to delete it or make it private as it's used by me elsewhere.

This feature should be implemented by default in the off state, not the allow state.

view photos

Weird_Aunt_Martha says:

It's ok that I deleted my photo - the reason I didn't want it in a gallery was because it didn't belong to me, it was taken by a friend who allowed me to upload it. I figured without her permission, it wasn't right to have it in a gallery.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Yes, Richard- we're aware, I mentioned that in the post right above yours, we're working on that problem currently. Sorry for the glitch there.

view photos

It's ok that I deleted my photo - the reason I didn't want it in a gallery was because it didn't belong to me, it was taken by a friend who allowed me to upload it. I figured without her permission, it wasn't right to have it in a gallery.

that's already not something that flickr likes.

but i assume that if you are together with your friend (e.g. at a party or during a trip), it's often very nice to be able to post together your photos and those taken by your friend, if they agree with that. i sometimes find myself in the same situation, which is a gray area with flickr.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

The problem with not being able to remove one of your photos from someone's gallery has been fixed. Sorry about that!

view photos

the layout of this page appears a bit strange when viewed on Firefox and Chrome:

www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/galleries/in/

the image name and gallery is on the right with IE7, but most of the times, below the photo with FF and Chrome.

view photos

Timoluege says:

I read the help-topic

"I'm trying to add a photo or video, but I don't see the "Add to gallery" icon. Why?"

but I'm afraid it doesn't help me. I don't have the "Add gallery" icon on my OWN photos. And those are pics where I know that they are safe, non restricted and I didn't opt out of galleries either.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Timoluege wrote

I don't have the "Add gallery" icon on my OWN photos.
You can't add your own photos to a gallery, so you won't see the button on your own. But I can see it on yours, so it is there for everyone else.

view photos

kayodeok says:

Woke up just now to find six of my pictures used in two galleries but I only received a Flickrmail and an email notification on just the first photo used; no flickrmail and email notification on the others and I only know that someone else had used my photo in a gallery because it says so in my Recent Activity Page.

If someone uses my photographs more than once in a gallery, how many Flickrmail / email notification should I receive? Just the once for all photos used or one flickrmail / email notification for each photograph used?

What's with the missing flickr mail / email notification from the person who created another gallery with my photograph? Could this be fixed?

view photos

@kayodeok

you only receive a flickr mail the first time one of your photo is added to a gallery.

after that, you get notified in your activity page only.

that's the way it goes,

view photos

kayodeok says:

loupiote: Thanks for the update.

I already receive email notifications for items in my Recent Activity but my photos added to galleries are not showing up in those notifications (but they show up on the Recent Activities page).

Could someone at Flickr look into this?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

kayodeok wrote

in my Recent Activity but my photos added to galleries are not showing up in those notifications
Not all things appear in those Recent Activity emails. If you check your account settings, you'll see these choices:

When should we send you email?

* Would you like to receive an email when people comment on your photos?

No thanks
Yes, as soon as it happens!
Yes, save up all the messages, and send one email per day.
Yes, but only once a week, thanks.

* Would you like to receive an email when your contacts upload new photos?

No thanks
Yes, as soon as it happens!
Yes, save up all the messages, and send one email per day.
Yes, but only once a week, thanks.

There is no notification of Galleries via flickrmail. You could suggest it in the feedback thread if it's important to you.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Bug?

On m.flickr.com I can see the galleries in the Activity tab, but if I tap the gallery icon, it silently fails. I get the spinning icon for a second but then it simply stops and nothing changes.

view photos

dopiaza says:

Yesterday, striatic added this video of mine to this gallery. It appeared in my recent activity feed and I'm sure it was on my "Galleries with your photos" page, as expected.

This morning, I noticed that it had disappeared from my "recent activity" page, and was no longer listed on my "galleries with your photos" page. At first, I just assumed he'd just removed it from his gallery, but I've just looked, and it does indeed still seem to be present in his gallery...
dopiaza edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

technology.nation says:

Why does the "profile" tab on peoples galleries do anything BESIDES display a profile?

It doesn't say which country they are from.. what their gender it. It says NOTHING!

How the heck is it a profile?

view photos

Dr. Keats says:

The "Profile" tab has nothing to do with the galleries, as such - it simply leads to the user's profile.

And what's displayed there is entirely dependant upon what people have added - it shows as much or as little as they wish it to. Some people will display their entire life, others will show nothing. Click a few and see...

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

dopiaza wrote

no longer listed on my "galleries with your photos" page.
It also doesn't have the "this video is in 1 gallery" message on the right side of the video page.

*edit* and leesure had the same problem (above)

view photos

H.B.Koch says:

I have just made my first gallery. The first picture I put into it is showing at top - when not looking into the gallery itself -, is there are way to change which one is seen there?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Yes, on the gallery page, click/drag the one you want from the thumbnails over the existing one. (just like you would do on a set page)
ref: www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#957335

view photos

ToniVC says:

Someone added one of my pictures to a gallery, but when I go to "Galleries With Your Photos" it says "Your photos haven't appeared in any galleries yet". If I go to that gallery I can still see my photo there.

Any idea?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

A few people have reported that. Sounds like a bug.

view photos

ToniVC says:

Brenda Anderson wrote

A few people have reported that. Sounds like a bug.

Yes, I think so...

Also, I was notified about the use of my picture on that gallery both with a flickrmail message and with a Recent Activity event. Now, the event has disappeared (even if I choose the correct history time). Is this the normal behaviour? I think gallery inclusion events should last forever on the Recent Activity list...
ToniVC edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

marcusjroberts says:

When I'm looking at one of my contact's page of galleries, the page doesn't know if we're contacts or not, i.e.:

www.flickr.com/photos/berlintapes/galleries/

... says to me "Add berlintapes as a contact", however:

www.flickr.com/photos/berlintapes/sets/

... knows that he is already a contact.

view photos

bricolagelife says:

i received an email yesterday alerting me that one of my photos has been featured in someone's gallery (not one of my contacts). when i click on the link to view their gallery, i end up at a page telling me what i'm looking for does not exist. when i go to the photostream of the flickr member, i find i am not included in any of his galleries - what's up?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

Hey folks- thanks for the reports about the discrepancies in what you have reported should be in a gallery, but find it not there. We're aware of that happening, was hoping we'd squashed that bug, but see it persisting. We're dissecting that some more this morning and hope to get that straightened out.

view photos

vip223 says:

browsing quite a few galleries and I seem to see a recurring thing. Let's say a gallery has the full 18 images in it. You would expect the alignment of the 18 thumbnails at the top to be 3 rows of 6 right? But I've seen some where there are 4 rows (6 then 6 then maybe 4 and 2) where it seems to be overlapping. but that shouldn't happen since the thumbs are all uniform size?

view photos

new hobby says:

I'm having an issue putting some of my images in a gallery. When I look at the image I'm not seeing the add to gallery button. I can see the button on other peoples images. My account is set to allow galleries and I'm not seeing any of the other items listed in the FAQ that would stop it. Here is an example of one of the images I do not see the button for.

www.flickr.com/photos/newhobby/3897145464/

I suspect I'm not doing something right but I'm at a lost at to what it is.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

view photos

Flickr Staff

heather says:

new hobby, you can't add your own photos to galleries.

Can I add my own photos and videos to a gallery?
www.flickr.com/help/galleries/#939062

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

Safety Filter Glitch.

I just did an experiment. It required 3 accounts

1) On account #2 I created a gallery form a Safe photo from account #1

2) I logged out and logged back into account #. I changed the image to restricted.

3) I logged out and logged back into account #2. Cleared the cache before. I went to the gallery and I could see the image just fine.

4) I logged out and then logged into a third account. No way should this account see a restricted image. This account had Safe Search ON. I clicked through to the gallery with no problems and the image was visible.

The Gallery is here:

www.flickr.com/photos/pincrestone/galleries/7215762237866...

Don't worry it is just a flower and an ugly bug. Anyone else see the bug?

I repeated this with another Gallery on the same account. This time adding two photos and changing just one to Restricted. Both Galleries now contain Restricted images that can be seen with Safe Search ON.

I also tried this by flopping an image from Public to Private. The flopped image disappeared from the gallery like it should.
Burnt Umber edited this topic 56 months ago.

view photos

snapmatic says:

Can't delete my (empty) gallery :o(

www.flickr.com/photos/snapmatic/galleries/72157622247559365/

snapmatic.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

In addition.

I tried to place several older photos in a Gallery using my 2nd account.. These photos did not have the Gallery Icon above the photo so they could be added.

Example here:

www.flickr.com/photos/rpilla001/2183759951/

I received notices on my primary account that my secondary account had added the images to a Gallery. This is good.

However, now I cannot mute the notice when viewing Recent Activity.

Is the behaviour normal?

view photos

picsbymac says:

@ Burnt Umber, your link www.flickr.com/photos/pincrestone/galleries/7215762237866... took me to a "this is not the page you're looking for" type of page. That may be a bug too.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

picsbymac Try the link again. It should be working now.
The main gallery Page is here. There are three photos in two galleries. You should only see one photo since two of them are Restricted.

www.flickr.com/photos/pincrestone/galleries/

Yes, they are ugly bugs and Safe otherwise. I made them Restricted to experiment.

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

snapmatic if you go to the Gallery page there should be a "delete" button to the right of the blank photo.

view photos

snapmatic says:

The "Delete this gallery" button does not work - I tried but cannot delete.

www.flickr.com/photos/snapmatic/galleries/72157622247559365/

:o(

view photos

just tiff says:

Just wanna add that I'm also getting the issue with not seeing anything in the "your photos are in these galleries" (or whatever its called) tab. Also have nothing in the recent activity screen.

And this may be better suited to the suggestions thread, but thats got over 200 posts and I can't be arsed to read through them all. But in response to this comment in this thread: "This feature should be implemented by default in the off state, not the allow state. "

I really hope you guys don't do this. I think the default should be set to ON. If folks don't want their images in galleries, than can opt out. But a lot of folks don't mess with their settings much, for whatever reason, but don't mind having their photos in galleries. Changing the default to OFF will be a disservice to the larger flickrverse...

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

snapmatic Hey, I never said it worked!!!!!

I am up to Glitch #4

This one is minor. The Greasemonkey Script "Flickr Buddy Icon Reply" does not work with comments in Galleries.

view photos

Lú_ says:

Burnt Umber wrote

The Greasemonkey Script "Flickr Buddy Icon Reply" does not work with comments in Galleries.
Sounds like a case for Flickr Hacks :)

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

I will post that over there. The script may need a tweek to work with the new galleries.

view photos

ξαβλ says:

Just found an odd gallery layout issue in internet explorer... I'm on version 8.0.6001.18702 (it says here). See the following (marvellous!) gallery of heather's:

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/xabl/3923179061/]

Shouldn't the bottom two photo thumbnails be on the row above?

It's all hunky dory in firefox (3.5.3), for what it's worth....

view photos

minka6 says:

some of my public photos don't allow other users to add them to galleries. There is no reason they should be restricted since they are open to the public. Can you let me know if this is a bug in my account or are other people experiencing this? Thank you

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

minka6 I see you have 991 images on public view. I see them with SS on and SS off.

Which images are they having trouble with? Post a URL and we can see if we can duplicate the issue.

EDIT:

I just looked closer at your account. The icon over the image which allows people to add your image to Galleries does not appear. Check your settings and make sure you did not opt out of Galleries.

www.flickr.com/account/prefs/galleries/?from=privacy

I have a similar issue with older photos not having the Icon as well.

view photos

minka6 says:

Thanks for the quick reply, here is one of the photos, but it's happening on many others

what should the SS be set on?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

minka6 All 991 of your Public Images are Safe, they should be allowed into a Galleries

See my comment Edit above

Also, check here:

www.flickr.com/account/

What does it say next to "Your safety level "?

Are your images allowed in Public Search? Galleries excludes images NIPSA.

view photos

minka6 says:

no, some of my photos are already in a few galleries, so that's not the problem. Also, I did check, and I have definitely not opted out.

view photos

minka6 says:

ok, I changed one of the settings, can you please test now?

view photos

Burnt Umber says:

minka6 Nope, I do not see the icon over the photo.

I have the issue with some of my older photo not showing the icon. It could just be a matter of the new programming code working it's way through the system.

If I recall when they introduced the new search tool it took a while for everyone to be able to use it properly.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Click the 'flag this photo". Is the "hide from search" choice ticked?

view photos

minka6 says:

Burn Umber,

thank you very much for your help with testing it for me. It's confusing.

view photos

solecism says:

I'm another that has the "photo in a gallery but not showing up in recent activity " problem.

this photo is in this gallery but the photo page doesn't state this, nor does it show up in 'galleries with your photos' page, nor was there a note in recent activity.

view photos

minka6 says:

Brenda no, I unchecked the "hide" from search button. why would I want to click on "flag this photo"?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Hide from search is a photo-level setting. You can change it in your account page, but that only applies to new uploads.

That's why I asked if it was set for that photo, and the only way to know is to click the 'flag this photo' link and see if it is. (clicking the link doesn't change anything, it just opens up the box to check the settings).

view photos

minka6 says:

ahhh perfect, I just figured it out...I assumed that if I changed the setting to all of them, it would apply. I just unchecked it for this photo so it should finally work. Thank you Brenda!

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Yes, the Add to Gallery button is now showing on your photo.

I probably should clarify that if you hide your photostream via the account setting, that applies to all your photos.

But you can also hide individual (or batches) of photos using the Organizr, so I'm not sure what happens when you've initially hidden your photos and then decide to turn that feature off. I suspect that any that were hidden might stay hidden.
Brenda Anderson edited this topic 56 months ago.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5
(1 to 100 of 427 replies in [Official Topic] Bugs and Issues with creating or viewing galleries)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads