Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Take a survey to help us improve Flickr groups
Latest: 5 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Detailed explanation of new features in Flickr 3.0 apps
Latest: 10 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Update on the new photo experience
Latest: 82 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Using a Yahoo username and password to sign in to Flickr
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Official Thread] Providing feedback on Flickr 3.0 for iOS and Android
Latest: 2 days ago
[Official Thread] Using Flickr over a secure (SSL) connection
Latest: 4 days ago

Current Discussion

List of family members
Latest: 28 seconds ago
Some pictures are just gone, why?
Latest: 5 minutes ago
[BUG] Two types of Albums in the Italian version
Latest: 38 minutes ago
[bug?] why are these images returned by a search for "chickens"???
Latest: 46 minutes ago
What happened to Sets ?
Latest: 47 minutes ago
Can't view my original sizes
Latest: 48 minutes ago
Number of comments Limited
Latest: 52 minutes ago
Blackout
Latest: 57 minutes ago
Travel Lens
Latest: 84 minutes ago
Flickr photbooks
Latest: 2 hours ago
Sharing is restricted for this photo
Auto sync isn't working on Android (Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 v4.4.2)
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Closed] Bad case of Hiccups! [missing sets/groups/collections]

Michelle Brea says:

flickr is having an attack every 30 minutes!!!

pls.

------------------------------------------------

Staff Updates

Tuesday Aug 18 17:30 PDT: We've begun a new topic to continue this dicussion. It's over here. -- Heather

Tuesday Aug 18 14:20 PDT: I've just come out of an hour long meeting with the team regarding this. We're going to be running a variety of tests this afternoon that might mean some features will be unavailable for brief periods. -- Heather

Monday Aug 17 09:50 PDT: We're making a small tweak to the hiccups page to make it more informative. You can read about that here. -- Heather

Sunday August 16 23.09PM PDT: For some of the details, we have 62 DBs across 124 servers- accounts are spread across 2 servers each. There are around 800k accounts per pair, give or take some thousand. Read more of Kevin's topic here.

Saturday Aug 15 22:40 PDT: Hi Folks -- You still may experience some random hiccup messages, and problems with various interactions on the site still, there's a bit of an explanation in this post, and you can browse and read through various staff posts in the thread as well. We apologize for problems experienced. -- Kevin
Posted at 2:16PM, 13 July 2009 PDT ( permalink )
heather (staff) edited this topic 57 months ago.

(501 to 600 of 712 replies in [Closed] Bad case of Hiccups! [missing sets/groups/collections])
view photos

jakerome says:

Fewer Fliccups today. Looks like the Flops team is getting under control.

Good job Kevin & the rest of the team.
Posted 57 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

jc's photography says:

when i try to change my flickr icon this is what i get

Edit your profile / Your buddy icon / Choose
Hold on a moment...

You don't have any photos in your photostream yet... (Your photostream is just what we call the big list of all the photos you've ever uploaded.)

Would you like to upload your first photo now?

day 2 of this crap

view photos

Marty4650 says:

Hey... is there a way I can move to another cluster?

I'd even pay extra.....

view photos

jc's photography says:

i also just noticed its asking for me to sign into yahoo again even when i hit the keep me signed in for two weeks button is that ok?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@Marty4650- you aren't on the main db cluster affected, but there can be affects if there is participation with groups or other members on the affected cluster. Hopefully not too much though.

@jc's photography- I can't explain why you ran into that, but I doubt that is related. I'm sorry there was a problem changing your buddy icon there. :(

@honeyflash- "My images MISSED about 5 minutes when i would organize more images!"

I'm not sure what you mean there, if it is still a problem can you explain a bit more please? (Not sure this is related to the topic though, I don't think you'd be affected so much.)

view photos

jc's photography says:

as of now the buddy icon issue i had has been taken care of

view photos

Happy_Peasant says:

Do you have a clue when this will be fixed? Or, can you move us to another cluster? It is taking forever to open pages, and I still have that message at the top of the page. It makes it hard to do anything at all involving Flickr.

view photos

Janette & Jack, on and off says:

Please can we have this fixed. For days now it is taking forever for photos to come up or the hiccough message appears, this is so time consuming.

view photos

Ferrel Photography says:

Apparently uploading is a royal pain in the neck. I click on the usual place, it takes me to the usual page, I click the usual "Choose photos and videos" button, I select what I want uploaded and click OK and it takes me right back to the "Choose photos and videos" page. It's like a merry go round.

I had also sent a guest pass to someone to view a set and they kept getting kicked off or timing out.

Thanks
Good luck on getting this stuff fixed.

view photos

kaleidoscope says:

FYI, Flickr is very, very slow for me again today. I am able to access everything and am not receiving the 'hiccups' message. Good luck with the fix, I know you're working diligently to solve the problems we are experiencing. Thanks, Flickr Staff! :)

view photos

Celeste M (site SO SLOW) says:

I tend to be extremely patient, but three days of being able to see my "Recent Activity" only rarely is very painful and disrupting my ability to keep up with comments and especially faves from my contacts and others. THREE DAYS! This is trying even my patience. PLEASE give us an idea when we can expect some relief! (I am in the affected database cluster.)

view photos

leslie-koh says:

Flickr should extend the pro account expiry for those affected. I've been having slow navigation and crawling upload speeds for almost a week.

How about it, flickr? Show some goodwill by extending the pro account expiries for those affected by a month.

view photos

Bug's Daddy says:

When I click on a stream, only half of the photos load. This has been going on for a few weeks and is getting really annoying. Do y'all have any idea what is causing this or when it will be fixed?

view photos

teh resa says:

so this has been a problem since the 13th of July and it is now the 16th of August?

view photos

Happy_Peasant says:

So, I had a message earlier about being migrated, and that appears to have helped.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

No, Therrr- this started up on Wednesday afternoon. "Hiccups" are simply user-facing error message for when a database is temporarily overloaded. We have used that message for years, so if you search the Forum, you'll see it noted a number of times back into Flickr history. This was an existing thread that was bumped up a lot during that day last week, so we decided to go ahead and make this one sticky for the time being.

For some of the details, we have 62 DBs across 124 servers- accounts are spread across 2 servers each. There are around 800k accounts per pair, give or take some thousand. On one of the pairs, there is a greater number of "active" members who populate it; stats recalculations have been taking some time longer to execute, and the database has not been happy. With that, and some other queries involved in the mix has been causing it to complain. Loudly. For too long, and affecting too many members. Friday was pretty much the worst of it; and we've been working on it still. There's more work to do though, and it's going on right now.

view photos

Celeste M (site SO SLOW) says:

I also had a message about being migrated and experienced improved performance shortly thereafter. One remaining anomaly that I'm aware of: my stats page currently shows zero activity on 14-Aug. This is an error and does not agree with my capture from stats at the end of the day on 14-Aug (330 views, 92 comments, 27 favorites). I'm sure this will all get straightened out, but I'm providing my info just in case. Thanks.

view photos

Ferrel Photography says:

Well you must have done something because I can upload again.

Thank you.

view photos

Yersinia says:

We're getting complaints about broken threads in "Guess Where London" - I don't know if this is related to the above problem:

www.flickr.com/groups/guesswherelondon/discuss/7215762205...

view photos

honeypieLiving says:

i didn’t want to say anything right away
but now it’s been some weeks,
~ & ’my’ hiccups are now really severe;
worse than ever ..

mailbox empty, takes five or six attempts to upload
( when it works at all ),
activity / ’around you’ is nonexistent,
~ & ’hiccups messages’ at every other thing i try to do;
among which even accessing flickr at all ( ! ) .

can you guys see a light in the end of the tunnel ?
*smiles*

my best to you
hannah

view photos

el~2009 says:

There actually were some old remedies for the hiccups, but they would not work for a computer hiccup. I've been using a relatives computer to try and get on flickr for a couple of days, a few times I could, the rest of the time not so except for the Help Forum.

view photos

Fatdeeman says:

Worse than ever for me now, it takes about 10 attempts to get a page to load...............

view photos

LensEye View says:

Can't put photos into groups, can't load groups, can't leave comments. This is the worst that it has been in the past month. Flickr is virtually unusable. Is there going to be any resolution to this in the near future?

My pro account expires in 5 days. We'll see if Flickr gets back on track before then!

view photos

philipelton50 says:

can upload picture to photostrean o.k. then every thing goes to pot, can not get send to group ect for work and i cant get rid of other peoples pictures and comments,, help please

view photos

honeypieLiving says:

oh .. i unleashed the beast by saying something;

now all i can access is this page. period.

*help*

view photos

raisinsawdust - (aka: withaneyephotography) says:

here we go again - i will refrain from posting anything thing but a comment on how I am displeased by the slowness and the white screens I have been getting all morning - all I want to do is post to some groups and make some comments and the white screen is a constant blocker...i hope this gets fixed

view photos

FlashBangPicture© says:

yep same here .. of late it is a hideous experience using FLICKR

view photos

CountyPix says:

I've been unable to put any pictures in groups for 3 days bar the odd one, which then is slow to respond.

I am continually getting the message "......... API service not available......"

view photos

Mike Cash (has moved to SmugMug) says:

I agree that Flickr should at the very least extend the expiration date of affected Pro account members by the number of days this crap has been going on. After all, we pay for a year of service and this is turning into a no-longer-insignificant portion of that period for which we are not receiving what we paid for.

Right now I can't access my account at all.

view photos

klsanderson says:

a realistic indication of when things may be fixed would be helpful - I know that no one has a crystal ball here, but an indication of what to expect would be appreciated

view photos

Uncle Berty says:

I know it's nobodies fault and it's not like you can wave a magic wand and it will go away... but this is really becoming a pain in the bum. If I do get passed the hickup screen it can take upto 5minutes to actually display the page I want.

I have to agree with Mike, a gesture of goodwill by way of extending pro account expiration dates would certainly help keep the hardcore flickrites on side :)

view photos

honeypieLiving says:

~ agree ..

( i mean; problems with groups ?
this is the only page i can access. period. )

view photos

~Mike & Mary's Photography~ says:

Everytime I try to access my groups I am being told flickr has the hiccups.
You can get a cure for this by going to the chemist!

view photos

susie 1 says:

I have had problems for nearly a week now. Flickr has got hiccups, Ha a bit more than that!
I can't comment on my friends photo stream.
I can't save my descriptions.
It takes forever to upload my photos.
Flickr keeps telling me I don't belong to any groups.
Everything is taking forever.
I laugh at your sentence, thank-you for your patience, what are we supposed to do!!!!!!
Also according to this thread, peoples patience is rapidly running out.
It would be interesting to know how many times Flickr has gone down.
If flickr has this many problems, you shouldn't have been so quick to allow video's, you are barely coping with what you have.
I totally agree with the above post, extend everyones pro accounts.
From a VERY fed- up user.

view photos

katiegab715 says:

on a few pictures in my photostream I get an error message telling me that that service is not available. I was trying to send one of my pictures to a group. it seemed to work for my other pictures for some reason.

view photos

susie 1 says:

Forgot to say how comes we can get to this page in 10seconds, but can't do anything else on flickr in 10 minutes?

view photos

Danny Beath says:

i agree with all the above

people, there are other picture sharing forums out there a lot faster and free too!

facebook
myspace
youtube etc

im thinking of chucking in my flickr account and transferring all my files to good ol FACEBOOK

filickr is getting too slow and feeble!

view photos

7_70 says:

not any better still, been like this for the whole weekend it has caused nuisance to my blog's scheduled update due to lack of photo contents i hosted in flickr :(

view photos

davidcharlesphotography.com says:

Been really bad for me so far this morning. Was browsing through pictures using search and kept getting the hiccup message while changing pages or looking at photos.

view photos

Canoecat says:

Problems occur, and are understandable, but I agree with "mike cash" and "Uncle Berty", that extending the pro account expiration dates would show a sign of good faith...

view photos

This is the equivalent to a landlord locking us out of our apartment for a week and still expecting us to pay the full month's rent.

view photos

Eve O. Lushion says:

To all those ranting about that they paidpaidpaid for Flickr - hey - it´s 24 bucks - a year. That´s nothing. It´s half an evening out with friends - and here you can have 24 hours everyday. And if you don´t have access for some hours (maybe even days) - then get back into life. I think that would be quite good for some of us.....

edited for meaning&typo ;-)
Eve O. Lushion edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

AustinTX says:

I keep getting:

There was an error: ?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?

err code="0" msg="Sorry, the Flickr API service is not currently available." /
/rsp

trying to add a photo to groups. Related? I had this happen on friday too, but not in between.

p.s. I had to edit out some symbols so it actually would show the message.
AustinTX edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

grannie annie taggs says:

same prob- i hoped it was sorted

view photos

North_Of_40 says:

Another Day of problems...
& all I want to do is Surf around FLICKR and have fun
But.... This is NO fun at all

LOLOLOLOL

I could scream
when
ARE U GUY`s FIXING THIS SITE
Problem after problem

I also agree with these 3 and many others

Problems occur, and are understandable, but I agree with "mike cash" and "Uncle Berty", that extending the pro account expiration dates would show a sign of good faith...

I have had problems for nearly a week now. Flickr has got hiccups, Ha a bit more than that!
I can't comment on my friends photo stream.
I can't save my descriptions.
It takes forever to upload my photos.
Flickr keeps telling me I don't belong to any groups.
Everything is taking forever.
I laugh at your sentence, thank-you for your patience, what are we supposed to do!!!!!!
Also according to this thread, peoples patience is rapidly running out.
It would be interesting to know how many times Flickr has gone down.
If flickr has this many problems, you shouldn't have been so quick to allow video's, you are barely coping with what you have.
I totally agree with the above post, extend everyones pro accounts.
From a VERY fed- up user.
North_Of_40 edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

giveawayboy says:

I stand by flickr as a great service and one of the best photo sites online. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I do hope this problem gets resolved quickly though. It's been over a week for me.

view photos

grannie annie taggs says:

now worse than ever

view photos

Verena, the amount is irrelevant to the principle. Flickr set the price and agreed to provide a certain service for that amount. Pro account members agreed to pay that amount for that service. Whether it is $24 or $240 the principle is the same.

I don't recall anything about "Hey, we're going to make you a real bargain on the price but you have to expect half-a**ed service".

view photos

North_Of_40 says:

I sent this a couple of days ago and got this back

Can I ask when this may be fixed or do U guy`s even know ???
Would really appreciate the feedback

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Flickr Member Support.

I have escalated your email to a senior representative in
an effort to obtain the best answer.
Please allow up to7
days for us to respond to your question, as we are
experiencing a higher than expected volume of requests.

In the meantime, please feel to check out our online FAQs:

www.flickr.com/help/faq

as well as our Forum:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/

Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards,

Flickr Member Support

view photos

Kezzaroo says:

especially bad hiccups today.. ditto all of the above, its a pain in the arse

view photos

Ran_d says:

mike cash

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!

view photos

Ben J. Boyle says:

Pain in the arse?! It's pretty much unusable!

view photos

πρώρα (Prora) says:

From my experience Hiccups is a chronic disease in Flickr. It is not uncommon to have try several times to perform the most elementary tasks, such as editing an error in a posted comment. Surely Flickr can (and should) do better.

view photos

Glenn Harris (Clintriter) says:

For me this morning everything seems to be back to speed and working normally, except I'm STILL getting the dorky "hiccups" message every few minutes.

view photos

JarekCichy says:

For me, there is no "random" hiccups problem today. Actually for every click I get hiccup message. First,I couldn't get on to my photostream, then for every button I tried I got the same message.
Basically I'm stuck in one place today.
I imagine Flickr technicians working hard to resolve current situation, a lot of people loose their patience and nobody knows for how long this will continue. I can understand this.
But, I'm curious. Hiccup/slowliness problem reoccur from time to time and I believe Flickr knows reasons for it to happen.So, why Flickr didn't fix it in the past? I am not an expert, but I believe systems/ database/ whatever can be improved in order to avoid the same problem in the future.
JarekCichy edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

mimbrava says:

Kevin,

In the last about two weeks I have been able to access Flickr only sporadically and only for a few minutes at a time in either Firefox or Safari. Most of the time I cannot open photos or read or write mail or do any of my pool administration. You say Friday was pretty much the worst of it, Sorry, but it's Monday and Flickr is virtually unusable. Again. Still.

This is more than an inability to "view your groups, sets or collections at the current time." Flickr is just about totally down. You admit the hiccups problem has been going on for years, and many threads about it have been closed, I guess when they got too long. Well, this thread is on the way to becoming pretty long. Are you going to close it too? I recognize that you're trying to solve the problem, but there's got to be a way to do that more quickly and so that the solution sticks. Having to repeatedly post to threads like this over the years is not my kind of good Flickr experience.
mimbrava edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

For the first time I'm seriously tempted to start doing some comparison shopping on the competition. I sort of expected it would come to something like this when I learned Yahoo had bought Flickr. I've never yet seen a good and useful net service they purchased without screwing it up.

view photos

ian-1964 says:

Yes I am trying to view pics and admin groups and finding it very difficult and frustrating!
Personally speaking this is worst case of hiccups I have encountered so far!

view photos

Marlis1 says:

today is the 17th of August-
still bad hiccups here in Spain- has been going on for days...
I was hoping it would go away- but it has been DAYS......

view photos

Tumbleweed Photography~Carol~ says:

Please Kevin get it fixed soon not only the hiccups but some of my scripts dont work anymore....why ??????? I just signed up for 2 years UGH

view photos

BACKYard Woods Explorer says:

The hiccups are very bad this morning.

view photos

Mor.gan says:

the last 3 days were glitchy, but today i cannot view any page but the help forum.

it's funny/sad that the only web service i pay for (besides my personal website) is the one that is by far the least reliable.

view photos

Lynn Roebuck says:

" You may not be able to view your groups, sets or collections at the current time. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience. "

3 days of Flickups? Geez, no this is not a flickup this morning ....I can't even get to my photos or any of the Flickr service I am paying for. :-(

view photos

Ingrid0804 says:

Today is worse than ever!! Hickups ALL THE TIME!!

view photos

liza Sabater says:

1! why didn't y'all send an email or something alerting people?

2! is this also the reason why i havent been able to log into picnik
for the last 5 days?

FWIW : my site's design is somewhat dependent upon Flickr's API ( lizasabater.com/ ) and as you can see in the front-page, the site's working properly. i am not sure though if that's due to caching.

LAST UPDATE!
I can't see ANYTHING AS IN NOT ONE IMAGE in my account. NOTHING. NADA.
liza Sabater edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

Anthony.Vitale says:

I'm getting some hiccups, too, this morning after getting is sporadically for the better part of last week. It does suck, but I want to give credit where credit is due ---- at least Flickr posts honest and sometimes personalized responses to users' concerns in these threads.

I'm so used to the form letter and "your call is very important to us" sort of treatment that the attention from people like Kevin is very welcome and appreciated.

Looking forward for those hiccups to pass . . .
Anthony.Vitale edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

Glenn Harris (Clintriter) says:

I think it's time to replace that irritating "hiccups" message with something a little more accurate and informative. How about:

"Flickr is screwed-up yet again. There's no point in attempting to enjoy the site right now. Thank you very much for your money."

view photos

Scippy says:

I haven't been able to get pictures into groups for 3 days and its been intermittent for weeks. Please get it sorted we are paying for this - for now

view photos

Sash´s Kitchen-Studio Photography says:

I had this morning, that I couldn´t enter my stream

also some photos of mine are moderated

any cloue what this can be?

view photos

anadah says:

hiccups almost everytime i try to access the groups section...

view photos

S. J. Pajonas (spajonas) says:

i'm sorry to see that people are still having problems here. you must be fixing the DB clusters one-by-one because mine seems to be fixed now! everything is very zippy concerning my account (though i may run into problems viewing other people's accounts.)

view photos

piriskoskis. says:

www.flickr.com/groups/siluetas/admin/pending/

not working well

view photos

susie 1 says:

Ha Ha , I Love Glenn Harris's post, shame flickr can't make me smile!

view photos

katiegab715 says:

lots of hiccups when I try to post a picture to a group, right in the middle I get a hiccup. I have to back up one page and try again. sometimes it works on the second try...it depends.

view photos

susie 1 says:

Awwwww I thought I'd mail him & thank him for the laugh, but no can do as flickr has the hiccups again.
What a shambles!

view photos

nytram ydnew says:

I don't recall it ever being like this

view photos

AustinTX says:

I really wonder if none of my contacts have posted a photo in the last two hours. Seems unlikely, just waiting for flickr staff to get into the office and get the hamsters back on the treadmill.

view photos

Pink~Kat says:

errors loading to groups - sigh.

view photos

sadie069 {kahlan} says:

i am curious who is in the DB cluster? i obviously am if i am having issues with my site. i realize it is overloaded and hope there is a solution soon.

view photos

Muzzlehatch says:

I feel sorry for flickr staff. You'd think they were responsible for wiping out human civilization the way people are bitching and moaning.

Ladies and gentlemen, at this point it's obvious that flickr is aware of the probelms are are doing everything they can to fix them. Really.

Why not go have some tea of go for a walk? That might free up some flickr staff to work on the issues instead of having to deal with all your juvenile bellyaching.

view photos

ryanne { trimmed reality } says:

in Hong Kong now, can't load any pics on flickr....

view photos

hyperren says:

Aren't things supposed to get better and not worse as time goes by? These aren't "hiccups" anymore... my Flickr has up and vomited on me.

Also, I wish the explanations were posted up front on the site (or even the Flickr blog), not buried in The Help Forum.
hyperren edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

Uncle Berty says:

Mike Cash - let me know how you get on with that shopping round.

view photos

nytram ydnew says:

hire a professional. This is bullshit

view photos

Douglas Nascimento says:

@Kevin and support guys...

I am still having hiccups and very slow behavior in Flickr...

I am experiencing sometimes 10min to show up a picture... how many times we still have this problem ? It´s very bad...

I think is time a official announcement from Flickr.

I lost my trust in yahoo!mail years ago after almost 10 years using email service, and now I am very upset with this... don´t want lost the trust in Flickr either...

I know you guys are trying all the best, but is take too long...

view photos

nytram ydnew says:

delete
nytram ydnew edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

nytram ydnew says:

www.flickr.com/groups/dmu2/

join and vent your frustrations ;-}

view photos

The Photique says:

Is this the reason why Farm 3 & 4 are always showing a red X? after doing this test: www.flickr.com/help/test

Tons of photos are not completely pasting
The Photique edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

ashman 88 says:

What's the deal? "Hiccups" and this slow behavior is getting VERY old aready.

view photos

AustinTX says:

"Muzzlehatch Pro User says:
Why not go have some tea of go for a walk? That might free up some flickr staff to work on the issues instead of having to deal with all your juvenile bellyaching. "

Hey, folks could have walked across the state and drunk gallons of tea since these problems started. Five days and counting Mr. muzzletoff, maybe you like walks, but I prefer to post photos and see what other folks are doing creatively. Since you have nothing to add either, maybe you should stop bellyaching about those of us who want to flickr back like it was.

view photos

Marty4650 says:

Hold your clicks a moment please...
Flickr has the hiccups. We're looking into the problem right now.

view photos

Flickr Staff

heather says:

Just wanted to provide a quick update that we're in the process of adding the following message to the hiccups page:

August 17, 2009, 9:00 AM PDT: If you’re seeing this message, there’s a very small chance your photostream is hosted on one of our 62 database clusters that’s been experiencing ongoing difficulties.

There’s a far greater chance that you’re seeing the hiccup message because you’re trying to access a page (a member’s photostream, a group discussion, even the Help Forum) on Flickr that is making calls to that cluster to display information (a member’s buddy icon, their comments, etc). Immediately reloading this page in an effort to see what you’re trying to see might further complicate the problem (hence, “hold your clicks”). Hit your browser’s “back button” to return to what you were previously viewing.

What are we doing? In addition to drinking a glass of water upside down, our engineers and operations team have literally been working through the weekend around the clock in an effort to resolve this situation. We know it sucks — we’re sorry for any frustration that you may be experiencing.

For information and updates, please look for a Hot Topic in the Help Forum.

This would be that help Forum Topic.

I'm hoping that we'll have more of an update shortly, but I wanted you all to know of this change.

view photos

`Mark&Manna Photography says:

It's a comfort to know that they're working on it.....STILL.

view photos

`Mark&Manna Photography says:

Has anyone phoned Bill Gates about this?

view photos

typehigh.nl says:

For me it seems it's worse than yesterday. I've uploaded quite a few photos yesterday, which worked even with the slowness and occasional error message. But today I get the 'hiccups' message pretty much all the time.

Is my account on one of the problematic DB's or something? :)

Oh wel, I hope it will be sorted soon.

view photos

loranger329 says:

heather, can you give us more information on exactly what you are doing? It sounds like you've got too little hardware and too many users. Are you waiting on additional hardware to arrive and take pressure off the overloaded cluster? More information might help people to understand exactly how long this issue is going to take.

I know that you're working hard to fix it, and I absolutely appreciate the effort!

view photos

Haizizzle says:

Thanks Kev~
(for sitting on your couch all weekend)
(not sarcasm)

view photos

cabbiinc says:

Is this one of those cyber-attack sort of things?

view photos

Sir Gawins says:

Hold your clicks a moment please...

Flickr has the hiccups. We're looking into the problem right now.

August 17, 2009, 9:00 AM PDT: If you're seeing this message, there's a very small chance your photostream is hosted on one of our 62 database clusters that's been experiencing ongoing difficulties.

There's a far greater chance that you're seeing the hiccup message because you're trying to access a page (a member's photostream, a group discussion, even the Help Forum) on Flickr that is making calls to that cluster to display information (a member's buddy icon, their comments, etc). Immediately reloading this page in an effort to see what you're trying to see might further complicate the problem (hence, "hold your clicks"). Hit your browser's "back button" to return to what you were previously viewing.

What are we doing? In addition to drinking a glass of water upside down, our engineers and operations team have literally been working through the weekend around the clock in an effort to resolve this situation. We know it sucks — we're sorry for any frustration that you may be experiencing.

For information and updates, please look for a Hot Topic in the Help Forum.

[images removed by staff]
Sir Gawins edited this topic 57 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

zyrcster says:

Hey there,

Please don't post images or graphics to this thread; they will slow the loading of this page, and we want this thread as available as possible for updates.

Thanks.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

(501 to 600 of 712 replies in [Closed] Bad case of Hiccups! [missing sets/groups/collections])
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads