Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 24 hours ago
[Official] We’re conducting a test on faves - updated with test results!
Latest: 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 5 months ago
[Official] Flickr requesting that some Pro subscribers update their subscription information
Latest: 6 months ago

Current Discussion

[Resolved] Edit portrait pictures: fail
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] One file is invalid and needs to be removed.
Latest: 3 hours ago
Google "Licensable".
Latest: 4 hours ago
Movies failed to upload
Latest: 5 hours ago
Cannot login
Latest: 10 hours ago
Flickr photo editor
Latest: 13 hours ago
How to load all pics from a collection into organize?
Latest: 15 hours ago
No Paypal (not a new subscriber)
Latest: 19 hours ago
Selling my Pics on Flickr
Latest: 20 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Pandas
Latest: 25 hours ago
How to share "larger" images
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Investigating] Site is Still Slow
Latest: 32 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[closed, Official topic] Beta test Flickr Uploadr 3.0

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Hey folks,

It's time to let the world have a sneak peek at version 3.0 of the Flickr Uploadr. We've been hard at work making this one lots more usable than past versions. With this version you can select any number of photos and add titles, tags, descriptions, sets and privacy data for those photos. You can also drag your photos into a different order. Best of all, you can do all of this before you upload to Flickr.

Keep in mind that this is beta software. If (when!) you find any problems, we'd love to hear about them in this thread. It's English-only during the beta testing but will be out in all the languages when it goes to "gamma." Thanks and happy uploading!

Edit: Beta 2 was released today! (20 November) flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/59804/340678/

For Windows: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0b2.exe
For Mac: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0b2.dmg
Posted at 6:01PM, 19 November 2007 PDT ( permalink )
George (staff) edited this topic ages ago.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 248 replies in [closed, Official topic] Beta test Flickr Uploadr 3.0)
view photos

Lú_ says:

Dang. I uploaded my photos 7 minutes too soon ...
Posted ages ago. ( permalink )

view photos

magerleagues says:

Let's test this puppy out.

view photos

cowsandmilk says:

rcrowley is my hero....

view photos

magerleagues says:

I think I broke it. I tried to drag photos in, and all I saw were two blue and pink balls revolving around each other. I waited about 3 minutes, and nothing happened. I tried to remove the photos from the batch while they were still loading. I found it impossible to remove the photos while they were still trying to load.

view photos

foreverdigital says:

Ahh I've been dying to play with this! -downloads for Mac-

view photos

magerleagues says:

I will play with it again tomorrow :) How do I remove the photos from my que? I removed the app, "reinstalled" it, and they are still there :)

view photos

cowsandmilk says:

resort photos by date taken doesn't seem to be working on Mac OS X (10.4.11, Intel)

view photos

cowsandmilk says:

(I should have added I tried it on windows and it worked)

view photos

foreverdigital says:

I'd really prefer it if my existing sets were ordered by date rather than alphabetically. I'm more likely to add something to a recent set than dig through to find the last set I created.

view photos

cowsandmilk says:

sort by recent date also works on my powerbook, I scp'ed those photos to the macbook and it doesn't work, both running 10,4,11

view photos

cowsandmilk says:

so, I don't know what was wrong, but the sorting problem went away when I restarted Flickr Uploadr. Before I restarted though, I also had the Upload Photos button disappearing every time I added a picture and reappearing every time I deleted a picture (you're probably going to think I'm on crack)

view photos

DimitryB says:

Looking great!

Bug: First time I ran it and added photos there was no Upload Photos button. Restarted the App and it was there. In the menu, Upload was grayed out.

Also, for some reason in the menu, I have 2 "Upload" drop-downs.

Awesome job though, this was much needed for years.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Cool!

But it still suffers from the issue that v2 had. The photo titles default to the filename, rather than the "title" from the IPTC data. So, I have to blank out each title individually so that the photo on Flickr has the correct title.

Any chance of fixing that?

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Another thing... the keywords were posted as tags... but the multi-word keywords were interpreted as both multi-word tags and individual tags.

So, for example, this photo had 2 tags "lansdowne recreational trail" and "view" ... but the photo on Flickr now has 5 tags: lansdowne, recreational, trail, "lansdowne recreational trail", view

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

cowsandmilk: I can reproduce your bug by adding a photo, rotating that photo and adding another photo. After the second add, the Upload Photos button disappears.

DimitryB: You might be experiencing a bit of a timing issue with the authorization process. When you started up the second time, were you authenticated?

Brenda Anderson: It is currently pulling the Keywords, City, ProvinceState and CountryName fields into tags. Do you by chance know what field your tags are in? I'm taking a look at the duplication issue now.

To all of you, thanks for giving it a spin so quickly!

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Brenda Anderson: I'm currently trying to use the ObjectName field for titles and if nothing is found there then I try th Headline field. If you know where your titles are, could you let me know? I'm also going to take another look at IPTC and what I've missed.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

It's in Object Name (Title) according to the EXIF page here on Flickr.

It's being pulled in correctly when I upload, as long as I blank out the filename that you're putting into the title field in the uploadr.

Here's the original file if that helps in debugging:
farm3.static.flickr.com/2373/2049225312_32ed818e67_o.jpg

On the other issue, I think the duplication is coming in because you are treating the multi-word tag as single words. I noticed that there were no quotes around my tag in the uploadr. So when it came into Flickr, it took the tags you put in the field, plus the multi-word tag that it found in the keywords.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

I should mention that it's the Mac Uploadr that I'm using.

view photos

DimitryB says:

Richard: Yup, was authenticated 2nd time.

view photos

jauderho says:

1) It does not let you select groups to upload to.
2) Sets should be listed in the order they appear on Flickr.

view photos

descriptive value says:

For some reason, on startup, the main window appeared in the background for me (MacOS 10.5.0).

I also see two Upload menus; the order is "Flickr Uploadr, Upload, Edit, Help, Upload." If I mouse over the right-hand "Upload" menu after mousedown, the *left*-hand Upload menu is activated. (Mousing over the left-hand one works as expected.)

Otherwise, looks totally great to me. Nice work!

view photos

curiouskiwi says:

When I set my default to 'resize', after clicking the Upload button, the "This Batch" showed NaNMB .. and the upload button didn't seem to do anything.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Any chance you can save the preferences based on username? So if I have 2 users set up, the preferences are specific to each user. I want my curiouskiwi photos to default to resize & default to private-family, but I want this account to default to no resize & public.

view photos

Rhys & Tim says:

I (on mac os 10.4.11) see the same behavior as magerleagues. Looking into the console shows errors on lines 41 and 483 of 'threads.js'. Error messages are "threads.gm has no properties" and "Cc['@flickr.com/gm;1'] has no properties" respectively.

Still, I can upload successfully though and afterwards the balls-16x8-trans.gifs disappear. Other than that it looks sharp!

view photos

matt says:

I'm also on OS X.

I have the same problem as Brenda with the titles vs. filenames, according to Flickr's EXIF display, my titles are also stored in Object Name (Title). It really is a bit of a show-stopper for using the Uploader, which is a pity, because the new version looks good and works great. I especially like the asynchronous batching.

I think I've also found a bug related to tags that hasn't been mentioned yet: the Uploader interface is only displaying the first of several keywords, and not the rest. Location tags are displayed correctly. The keywords are properly transformed to tags on upload (without the duplication Brenda mentions) – they're only absent from the Uploader interface. They're stored as Keywords according to Flickr (and also displayed properly in the EXIF data page).

It might be coincidence, but at least one other OSX tool seems to have a problem like this: Reveal reports the correct number of keywords, but says they're all equal to the first keyword in the list. Exiftool, conversely, has no trouble parsing (nor does Flickr once they're uploaded).

If you need an example, this one exhibits the problem.

I'll also echo the difficulty with sorting the sets alphabetically. The order they appear on Flickr would be better, but nested into their respective collections would be even more better. The space in the interface for sets is also rather small, and doesn't expand with the window. It's small to the point where I'd probably just skip using it and go with the Organiser instead, even if it was in a friendlier order.

view photos

-Nicole- says:

I've had the same problem as Brenda with tag duplication. Where I have a 2 word tag in the keywords field of the exif, I get the separate words of the tag as well as the single phrase.

I'm on OS X (10.5.1)

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

matt wrote

It really is a bit of a show-stopper for using the Uploader
I agree. It's the main reason why I stopped using the v2.3 uploadr.

view photos

Michael Smith says:

This looks great! I haven't been able to break it yet!

view photos

curved liquid says:

w00t, being able to re-arrange will be a great help.

thanks

view photos

xsquared says:

Windows uploader, a few issues:
- during installation, I checked "Add a shortcut to my desktop", but no shortcut was added.
- The "Send to Flickr..." right click menu option doesn't add the photo to the new uploader like it did for the old uploader. The focus moves to the uploader, but the photo isn't add to the batch.
- As others have mentioned, I'd love the set list to be in the order the sets are listed on flickr.

view photos

Stevekin says:

Ooh, I like it so far :-))

xsquared I found that the shortcut simply replaced the existing one I already had on my desktop (from the last version) :)

Also found the same happening when using 'send to Flickr'...Uploadr opens but no photo in place.
Stevekin edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

xsquared says:

Stevekin - I didn't have a shortcut before, because I usually use the right click option.

view photos

Stevekin says:

Aah, so it wasn't that then ;-)
But in my case, the existing short cut leads to the new Uploadr.
Just in case anyone else doesn't realise yet :)

view photos

Lú_ says:

I needed to install twice (Windows), but the second time it ran nicely. Yes, the default title was the full filename, including the file extension. And no, I didn't get a desktop shortcut.

Does it let us choose multiple sets? I didn't try that, but it's something I've always wanted to be able to do at upload.

view photos

Stevekin says:

Yes Lú_, multiple sets can be chosen in the Uploadr :-))

view photos

Lú_ says:

Awesome. Thanks!

view photos

Kevin Steele says:

I sure liked the feature set and layout when I launched it, but it just doesn't work on my mac. (10.4.10, intel)

The pictures don't show up in the queue, just forever spinning pink and blue dots. More frustrating is that this state persists after you quit the program or even re-install it.

It has so few controls that there is not even a "start this session from a clean slate" or a "stop" button. Command-period, doesn't seem to cancel anything.

Most frustrating. Nailed the feature set, though, for the most part.

Looking forward to a working release.

view photos

Lú_ says:

I'm hitting upload failures this time, on a single-photo upload, which I've never had with any of the previous tools. The first time stuck at 97%, the second stuck at processing.

And I just have to say that, as the spouse of a QA manager, I feel torn between guilt and virtue every time I report a bug :)

edit: The same photo uploaded without issue in the web-based uploader.

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Here's a bit of a status report while I work through these issues.

magerleagues, Rhys & Tim and Kevin Steele: The component of Uploadr that creates thumbnails and does all the image processing isn't loading for you and I'm working on a more generalized version right now that should do the trick.

Brenda, matt and -Nicole-: Thanks for the sample images, they will be very helpful in getting your IPTC data to behave!

precipice: Those seem to be XULRunner/Leopard issues that will hopefully be resolved in the near future. Yay early adopters!

Windows users: The desktop shortcut and "Send to Flickr..." failures will be fixed soon.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Lú_ wrote

as the spouse of a QA manager, I feel torn between guilt and virtue every time I report a bug :)
As a former QA consultant, I know how you feel. :)

view photos

Lú_ says:

In the Windows version (did someone mention this one already?): I'm being asked to sign in and reauthorize each time I call up the program.

And a word in favour of the alphabetized set list: I generally know what the set is called that I'm looking for, better than I know where it is in my set organization. It's certainly making the sets that I don't choose to have on my front page easier to find.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Using Mac version, if I set my preference to 'resize', then the upload never happens. I add my photo(s) to the batch, click upload, and that's it. If i highlight the photo, I can see that its size/dimension has shrunk to the one I've chosen. The only way to get it to upload is to click the Add button, then Cancel. When it comes back to the Uploadr, the Upload button reappears and I can click it to start the upload.

view photos

Penz0r says:

sugei ^_^ looking forward to trying it out!

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

Thanks to all for your input on the first beta. I've got a new one ready now (linked below) that should fix some of the biggest issues. Windows users, your desktop shortcut and right click menu are coming soon.

This release fixes:

1. The complete brokenness on some Macs that left the spinning balls permanently.

2. The bug cowsandmilk reported about the upload button disappearing.

3. And much better IPTC data handling for titles and tags. Thanks to those who posted sample images for me - they were most helpful.

Without further ado, here is Flickr Uploadr 3.0 beta 2:

For Windows: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0b2.exe
For Mac: downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0b2.dmg

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

WooHoo!

My title was pulled in correctly (no need to blank it out first) and my multi-word tag was interpreted correctly. :)

And, the resizing now works and uploads the first time I click the button.

view photos

-Nicole- says:

Oh, thanks for the update :-) The tags worked perfectly this time for me. Saw all my tags in the Uploadr including quotes around multiple word tags.

view photos

Nevan King says:

Being able to rearrange after you've added to the uploader window is great.

Here's my requests (intel mac 10.4)

I wish there was an option to turn off the dialog you see after you upload. I never want to automatically go to the page but I have to click it to continue. It's annoying. At least give it a default action.

Dragging to rearrange is a little broken. When you start dragging a photo, the space between it's original position and the next photo shows up. If you drop it there, it doesn't move. This is unintuitive, it should only show that bar line (the thing that indicates where it's going to be dropped) if it's going into a new position. It would also be nice to have an animation here to show it's movement.

When typing in the title field, the cursor disappears a lot. It should be flashing, as I need to know what position I'm in (so I can delete accurately).

The upload bar would be better if it showed a solid bar on the left, growing as the upload continues.

A bottom scroll bar appears anytime the right scroll bar appears. It's a little annoying. You could give a little extra space to the right pane on the right side to stop this.

The cursor turns into a bar when you hover over the "left this month" part, but it isn't copyable or selectable. Actually, this happens with any text (on the left panel).

You could make the "Your Photos" and my own icon clickable links to my page. It feels intuitive.

When you click to add a set, that set appears on the right, with a trash icon. Why not make it a red minus icon, people might think they're going to trash their set. One side is a green plus, so a red minus is a natural match.

Overall, it's a huge improvement over the last (mac) uploader. Thanks for all the great work!

view photos

matt says:

The new beta fixes both the titling and tag problems I was having, which makes this a whole lot nicer to use than the web uploader, woo-hoo!

If the usability of the sets interface improves, that'd be the icing on the cake. Maybe move the 'Upload photos!' button over under the photos? That would almost be enough right there.

view photos

Flickr Staff

rcrowley says:

I'm so glad beta 2 is working well.

nevkin: These are all great points/suggestions. The problem with the cursor is a known issue that I'm trying to solve and I do like the red minus icon idea for removing a photo from a set. Thanks!

matt: Before the next beta we're going to revisit the sets UI with all of the feedback here, so look forward to that.

view photos

striatic says:

just wanted to send kudos on a big improvement to the flickr uploadr.

i really like how powerful it is, especially in being able to batch tag any combination of photos you'd like.

everything is laid out well, with few hidden menus, so it felt really simple to understand the first time i used it.

the only downside of this is that it takes up more space on the screen than the previous uploadr.. but hey, if it does its job well it isn't up on screen for very long anyway.

view photos

ramson says:

Great improvement. Here are my suggestions:

Beta 2 on Mac OS X 10.5.1

It seemed slower than version 2 - could that be just varying ISP conditions/flickr's pipe capacity, or is there still some debug code in there keeping a cap on things?

Great to see alphabetical listing of sets! (although I'm not sure why the upper and lower case are sorted separately - can they be combined)

Shame there still isn't add to groups options.

Save tagging info, etc. before starting upload - so if it does fail for some reason all that isn't lost. Although I did just have a photo fail and the whole application didn't crash! Fantastic! Just asked me if I wanted to try again - just for the image that failed. [addendum the next batch didn't work though - tried to connect to server and stopped responding. Forcing me to quit. However, on relaunching the previous failed photo was there - does that mean there is some kind of save now? Don't have time to test properly now]

flickr didn't rotate my pictures automatically on the site (they were rotated in the uploadr) How/why I don't know - the EXIF states normal orientation, so has that been corrupted in transfer or is the uploadr picking up on some external local OS data? (The EXIF may have not been set correctly on transfer from camera) [addendum - if I rotate a portrait thumbnail to landscape and then correct it again in the uploadr, it appears correctly on flickr]

Keyboard shortcuts to move from photo to photo (just previous/next, looping at the ends would be fine)

I'd love to be able to zoom in on the pictures while they're in the uploadr - tagging about details at thumbnail size is tricky

The tags box is missing its scrollbar arrows and blob - just the shell of the scroll bar shows

Cancel button doesn't seem to work - I get dialogue asking for confirmation, but answering yes is ignored and uploads continued.

view photos

Lú_ says:

Just wanted to say that with the beta 2 (Windows), this is still the only Flickr uploading tool that's ever hung up on me at the upload or processing stage. Is anyone else finding this, or is this just me?

view photos

Kevin Steele says:

The good news: I made it past the part where I got hung before and even successfully uploaded two pictures, except I was trying to upload three.

Since then it can't seem to upload a picture.

view photos

bartheq says:

After I add some photos it looks like this:

New Flickr Uploader

And the console says:

Error: Magick: Unable to access configuration file (magic.mgk) reported by ..\..\magick\blob.c:1679 (GetConfigureBlob)
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/threads.js
Line: 139

Any chance you could add license selection to the uploader too? I don't see it anywhere.

view photos

Slightlynorth says:

When I learned of this new version I was so excited! However, I have already found a bug of sorts...

I use Adobe Lightroom (Windows XP OS) and commonly export from Lightroom to a folder on disk. Lightroom has the ability to perform an action after the image is exported, light dropping the image onto a shortcut to Flickr Uploadr. With version 2.5, this worked the same as manually dropping an image onto the desktop shortcut; It would open Flickr Uploadr with the image ready to go.

Sadly, this doesn't quite work with version 3. The image gets exported from Lightroom, Uploader3 opens, but the image is not there. Further, when I try to manually add the same image to Uploadr I get an exclamation in a yellow warning sign instead of the image thumbnail. When I click on the icon it goes away, but so does any trace of the image I am trying to upload. If I close Uploadr and reopen it from the start menu I am able to add images to it just fine and they upload perfectly.

As a test I have tried manually dropping on image onto the Uploadr shortcut and it works fine (the application opens and the image thumbnail is there).

Thanks for the hard work getting this new Beta to us! I love all the new features and look forward to the final release!

(Edited for spelling... need more coffee...)
Slightlynorth edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

sbisson says:

One note from here - when I multi-select a group of images and apply tags, if I select a subgroup of the originally tagged images to apply additional tags I appear to lose the original tags - which isn't the behaviour I'd expect.

Subgroups should behave like individual images, so I could tag a large group as say "Yosemite" and then select some of those and add tags for "El Capitan" to one subgroup, and "Half Dome" to another, while still retaining the "Yosemite" tag.

Apart from that - great work so far. I'm also pleased to see that if there's an upload failure tags and groups are retained...

view photos

michaelcilfone says:

Works fine for me. I wish when I click add after a completing a batch that it would remember the folder I was in instead of going to the Flickr Uploader folder.

view photos

Arvi Pingus (alias Band, James Band) says:

'For Windows, For Mac',
For Linux? (nothing to test, sad)

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@bartheq- that may end up being the same error another member reported to us which we have a sample of. If you were able to upload one via another method, it would be nice if you can allow us to test it if need be (via a link to the page).

@Arvi Pingus (alias Band, James Band)- check out this note in another thread re: Linux. Meanwhile, if you upgrade to an alpha version of Flash (read this post too) from Adobe Labs, you can use the main upload page under Linux.
labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

Richard will have more feedback later for you when he's available! :-)

view photos

bartheq says:

@Kevin: I used the web uploader to post photos taken today. You can find them on my page, but I tried to add other files like pngs (the screen I posted) or jpegs not taken with my camera and the result was the same, so the problem is not in the files.

EDIT:
I uninstalled and installed the application again and now it's working (:
bartheq edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

-Nicole- says:

I just noticed I'm having a problem with the upload button not appearing. Once I finish adding all my titles, etc, there's no button on the bottom and the upload command in the menu is greyed out. If I click to rotate a photo and then rotate it back the button will reappear on the bottom. It only seems to happen intermittently.

view photos

velkr0 says:

but what about the ability to toggle between none or any the cc licences? i was really hoping that would be in this release... :(

*velkr0 = sad panda

view photos

matthewezell says:

Removed: I'm an idiot and posted something largely unrelated to this thread on accident... should have been here... Sorry...

Hope to see an official Flickr Uploader on Linux in the near(?) future!
matthewezell edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

sjk says:

Can anyone recommend an efficient way to stay informed about updates to the Flickr Uploadr beta? I don't see support for a per-thread RSS feed to subscribe to so other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

view photos

purplezebra says:

Installing the beta on WIndows Vista Ultimate is less than smooth. First, it appears to go through the install. I requested to have a shortcut on the desktop. Instead of finishing the install and creating a shortcut, there's an error message stating that there was a problem with the installation. Do I want to use the recommended settings and try installing again?

I choose to use recommended settings. It goes through the entire install again, but this time, it is successful. However, still no shortcut on the desktop. I know someone mentioned the shortcut issue earlier, but I thought I'd elaborate on the other issue and also let you know that it's still a problem.

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out.

view photos

geoff_fox says:

I installed the latest beta on my Vista laptop. I attempted to upload 109 photos. I watched them upload... watched the little pointer move across the pictures. And when all was finished, Flickr said the upload failed on 108 of my 109 photos!

I watched them go.

I know it's beta, but.... well... you know.

view photos

POPOEVER says:

Looks doesn't support Chinese characters in system path where Uploadr put its settings file in, all images displayed as a yellow triangle alert sign instead of image thumbnails, this issue never happened in 2.x
Gino (staff) edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

foxmachia says:

Looks doesn't support Chinese characters in system path where Uploadr put its settings file in, all images displayed as a yellow triangle alert sign instead of image thumbnails, this issue never happened in 2.x
Posted 6 minutes ago.

view photos

*Le seb* says:

Hi , using on mac 10.5.1. (intel)
Thanks for this new version.
Unfortunately, I've added pictures and it's still loading (10 min now).
I try to quit and start again . It's still trying to load these pics.
And what about a "send to group" feature it would be great. 1001 do that?
Other point while uploading , i tried for testing to cancel the upload. I confirmed by ok...and it 's still uploading.

thanks
*Le seb* edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Gino says:

@Popoever and @foxmachia: Richard's opening post to this thread states, "It's English-only during the beta testing but will be out in all the languages when it goes to "gamma.""

So, stay tuned. :-)

view photos

Nitram De Lyon says:

Nice but please add a "group" option !

view photos

Stevekin says:

It may, or may not, be too much to implement at this stage (don't know squat about coding ;-)), but I agree, it would be great to have groups included the same as sets.
And another yes for setting the licence at point of upload...please :)

view photos

mntrb says:

so, what's the latest? is this stable on OSX 10.4.11?

view photos

red knot says:

Looks fantastic! All I need now is some photos to upload.

Just a little thing, but in the Upload menu the third menu item is called "Preferences" but when the dialog opens it is called "Settings".

view photos

DiverKen says:

Installed for vista, right click works but file in not opened when uploader opens. when I drop picture in uploader i am not able to enter any tags. If I upload it never finishes.

went back to old version which works on vista ok.

view photos

bpittman says:

I uploaded one photo just fine, but ever since the photos hang during the processing phase. Tried removing the program, and prefs, redownloaded, and the problem still persists. Weirder that it worked fine the first time. Any ideas why?

Edit: Tried to use Japanese, didn't work. No Japanese, uploads just fine. That's disappointing.
bpittman edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

jmcminn says:

We need integration with Adobe Lightroom!

view photos

iurikothe says:

tags c(sh)ould be autocompletable (delicious-like).
Didn't tried yet, but does it load the IPTC data?
iurikothe edited this topic ages ago.

view photos

matt says:

Lightroom released a preliminary 'Export SDK' the other day, actually, which included (as one of the examples) a simple 'upload to Flickr' export action. I'd bet that in the next week or so, some smart chap will turn this simple version into a rather good one, and if/when Adobe releases further extensions to the SDK, we'll probably see tighter integration.

Though I doubt it would come from Flickr or Adobe directly (their example code notwithstanding), but rather from independent developers.

Edit: Tried to use Japanese, didn't work. No Japanese, uploads just fine. That's disappointing.

See the comments about "English-only" in the top post. There's more to enabling other languages than simply translating all the text on the interface.

view photos

Todd Kravos says:

Holy huge improvement!
Re-sorting prior to uploading? Fantastic.
*claps*
Everything works nicely on my gear (xpMCE)
ZERO problems here.
-----
I'd like to see these options....

Larger "Add to set" listing with a 'sort' option
listing them like they are in organizer would be awesome

The "re-size" field option as an option for each photo, much like the other flickr fields are now on this version.

view photos

bpittman says:

to Matt:

I'm using the app in English, but I'm talking about just using titles and comments in Japanese. should that affect it the same way?

view photos

NiH says:

Can anyone tell me why I'm being unable to see the photos I've dragged and dropped into the Upload window? All I can see is the file name and a small, yellow, exclamation icon beside the file name. Also, the photo titled, description etc options are grayed out. Am I missing something? Like do I need to install anything else in order to make the new uploader work, like a new version of .NET framework or something?

view photos

NiH says:

Hmm...strange. When I closed and reopened the application, the thumbnails were shown, without any problem..and I'm being able to edit the titles too.

Bugfix : Application doesn't display dragged/added photos without a restart.

view photos

matt says:

@bpittman: I can't say with 100% certainty, since I don't work at Flickr or anything, but it would be pretty typical of beta software that hasn't been localised (yet) to have various problems with non-Latin text. There's a fair number of hoops to jump through to do it, but generally they aren't very difficult hoops, as long as you sort of keep it in mind that "this won't always be English." So a typical approach is to get it working in English first (or whatever your locale might be), jump through hoops later.

view photos

stupendous thunder says:

Today I upgraded the ver to 3.x beta... encountered problem which is repeatable each time I executed it... happens after 80% of installation! I use Firefox ver 2.0.0.9.

Support in fixing this is appreciated.
Error wil installing Uploadr Ver 3.x

view photos

Christina E Warren says:

I think the beta is fabulous and is a huge improvement over the web tool -- the only problem I'm having, and it's not a huge deal, is that if I create a set in Flickr Uploader, even if I designated photos to that set - only the first photo shows up in that set (and in one case, the set was never created). It's not a huge deal, I can just move the photos to their respective sets manually and tags/descriptions work, and that's the main thing, but just something I've experienced in both beta 1 and beta 2. I'm in OS X 10.5.1.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Kevin says:

@>BOSS<: "Today I upgraded the ver to 3.x beta"

Keep in mind, this is not the version to upgrade too yet- this is a test one. You can test beta versions by installing into a separate directory. That particular window looks like you may have the previous version open, and the installer can't write over the EXE that's in there already. Like I said, try installing into it's own named directory and run it from there.

Folks, thanks all for the reports! (We're on a bit of a holiday right now, so Richard may not have more to update you with before a few days.)

view photos

bored cabbage says:

I generally upload pics by just dragging the folder from explorer to the uploadr. Thing is, those folders contain a file called thumbs.db. The previous uploadr either ignored those files or told me they weren't in a supported format so they wouldn't get uploaded. This new one shows the current error in the console:

Error: Magick: FPX library is not available (C:\Documents and Settings\***\****\****\Thumbs.db) reported by ..\..\coders\fpx.c:470 (ReadFPXImage)
Source File: chrome://uploadr/content/threads.js
Line: 139

And stops.

EDIT: The asterisks are mine. I edited out the folder names.

view photos

Adam Halim says:

Not sure it this happens with Uploadr 2, but whenever I add a photo to an existing set, the Uploadr seems to create a new set with the same name rather than just add the photos to the existing set.

Not sure if this is a problem with Uploadr 3 or just my account...

view photos

mikaelf says:

Where can I find the source for this? Mac.

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

It's not an open source product. You can get the executable from the link at the top.

view photos

matt says:

But on the other hand, they do say it's built on top of Mozilla's XUL runner, and the error message above seems to indicate that they're using ImageMagick in some fashion. So if you wanted to hack around and make something quite similar, that would probably be your starting point.

view photos

dusty carriage says:

yayhooray ,, its delicious

view photos

Kimberly Jennery says:

OMG! I *love love love love LOVE* the new uploadr!

I'd like some way to force the uploadr to pick up the fact that I created a new set. Maybe there's some obvious way and I missed it - I don't even see a logoff button which would probably force it - I suppose I can just quit and come back.

Also, when going to the "polishing" phase, at the end, it seems to always pull up ALL of the photos I've uploaded so far today, not just the ones in the current batch.

Two big thumbs up on this, though! Awesome!

view photos

jauderho says:

Of all the apps so far, FlickrImportr is still the best. Too bad it is no longer supported or supports multilang.

BTW if someone has a copy of this, I'm looking for a copy to install on a different computer.

view photos

Jon Koslung says:

Bug: I need to sign in every time I start the new Flickr Uploadr 3.0 beta2

Macbook Pro, 10.5.1

view photos

Uthyr says:

Hi, this site feeds.tuaw.com/~r/weblogsinc/tuaw/~3/189447345/ says that the tool is OpenSource. Is it true?

view photos

Uthyr says:

Help -> About ;-) This is an Open Source Applications. Cool.
Is the source available at some url?

view photos

Uthyr says:

downloads.flickr.com/flickr/FlickrUploadr-3.0b2.tar.gz

Thanks ;-)

view photos

Brenda Anderson says:

Uthyr wrote

This is an Open Source Applications
I stand corrected. :) Cool!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3
(1 to 100 of 248 replies in [closed, Official topic] Beta test Flickr Uploadr 3.0)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads