Group DescriptionZion National Park is using this Flickr® group, Zion NPS, to facilitate the sharing of park images with visitors and the general public, as well as a tool to collect photographs taken inside and of Zion National Park.
Group RulesRules for Zion National Park (NPS) Flickr® Group:
Zion National Park is using this Flickr® group, Zion NPS, to facilitate the sharing of park images with visitors and the general public, as well as a tool to collect photographs taken inside and of Zion National Park. In order to join this group and submit photos, you must agree to the following guidelines:
1) The subject of all image submissions must be taken inside the boundaries of Zion National Park. This includes, but is not limited to Zion Canyon, the Zion-Mount Carmel Highway area, Kolob Terrace region, and Kolob Canyons. The location of the photograph must be tagged with the image.
2) By uploading your images to the Zion NPS Flickr® group you agree to grant the National Park Service, for its unrestricted use, all copyright, trademark, and related rights and interest in, to and associated with it. The National Park Service may reproduce and utilize the photograph(s) submitted for any purpose, with or without credit, including but not limited to use on the internet, for educational purposes, and/or use as part of interpretive publications. Group members further grant to the National Park Service the right of use and ability to publish the proper name of the photographer online, in print, or in any other media.
3) Each participant may submit up to five images per week. Please limit postings to the best image of a particular scene or resource and upload the highest resolution image possible.
4) All photographs must be your own work and you must own the right to distribute the image.
5) You must have the consent of those individuals whose faces are visible in the image. If your photo is used for publication, you may be required to provide a release for each individual in the photograph.
6) Photos must not be taken under circumstances violating any National Park rules or regulations, or depict anyone engaged in any violation of park rules. Content must be considered “safe”, that is, “content suitable for a public, global audience”. Photos depicting anything pornographic, violent, criminal, or in any way unsuitable for the general public will be removed.
7) Please do not digitally enhance or alter your photographs beyond the basic adjustments needed to achieve realistic color balance and sharpness. Digital darkroom techniques are acceptable to adjust the dynamic tonal range of an image so that it more closely resembles what you saw, however, images which are not authentic will be removed. The addition of watermarks and other text is not permitted.
8) Images of people inside Zion National Park are encouraged, but the main subject should remain the park, associated landscapes, and other park resources.
9) Admittance to the group is not guaranteed and is restricted to individuals over 13 years of age, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Group administrators may at any time terminate or suspend your right to use this group. Administrators will actively monitor this account and reserve the right to delete and/or remove any submissions without explanation.
10) Please note that by clicking “I AGREE” you acknowledge that you are over 13 years of age, have read and accept the Zion NPS rules and the comments you post are in compliance with such terms and conditions.
- Members can post 5 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe