Stupid Question

a_udrey 10:25pm, 16 July 2008
How do you round the corners of pictures on photoshop? If its possible? I have no clue lol. Im no pro at photoshop but ive always liked the looked of 'rounded' pictures.

like so:
of color. rounded.
gigantic rock [deleted] 10 years ago
It's not a stupid question, 'cause I don't know either :D
a_udrey 10 years ago
i found the solution!
i searched for a 'rounded pictures' group
and found one, which had tons of tutorials

i found this one to be the easiest :

:] yay
Damien Franco PRO 10 years ago
No such thing as a stupid question period!
Champloo 10 years ago
Thanks for bringing it up and for finding an answer! I'll have to try it out.
energetic button [deleted] 10 years ago
Agree with Damien, how else do we learn?
matt_cinque Posted 10 years ago. Edited by matt_cinque (member) 10 years ago
there are no stupid questions, just stupid people

but seriously in the shapes menu there is a "rounded rectangle" tool

draw the rectangle the size you want (note the "radius" setting at the top bar, this controls the "roundness" of the corners)

then duplicate your background and drag it above the shape layer you just created

then alt+click between the two layers, this creates whats called a clipping mask, meaning the top layer will only appear in the area inside the rectangle

this clipping mask method gives much more freedom to how you want the mask to behave, for example if you applied a blur to the rectangle layer the layer on top would also be effected, giving a nice soft edge
Groups Beta