Group DescriptionThis fall, Asia Society devotes its entire museum space to one of the most influential Neo Pop artists working today, Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara. Music is a crucial factor in the development of his signature style and iconographic motifs, and in the emotional significance of his art.
Asia Society Museum calls for Nara-related photos for this exciting contest. Give us your best impression of a Nara character, show us how music inspires you, or share photos of your encounters with Nara images around the world—anything you can think of to celebrate Yoshitomo Nara!
Check this group regularly to see how other people are inspired by Nara. Select photos will be featured on www.asiasociety.org/yoshitomonara and the winner will receive a prize from the AsiaStore.
1. Please submit no more than 3 photos. Photos can be taken anywhere in the world and may be of anything related to Yoshitomo Nara, music, manga or somewhere in between.
2. The group opens on September 9 2010, and will close on November 30, 2010 (midnight, EST).
3. Photos should not heavily rely on post-production techniques.
4. Photos that you submit must be your own work and submitted by you. We will only accept original work that does not infringe upon the rights of any third parties.
5. By adding your photo to the Yoshitomo Nara: Nobody’s Fool Flickr group pool and tagging it “yoshitomonara,” you authorize Asia Society to use any entered photograph at its own discretion, and to use your name as the creator of the entry.
6. Photos should be accompanied by captions, including locations and dates photos were taken.
How to Participate
1. Join "Yoshitomo Nara: Nobody’s Fool" an Asia Society Flickr Group—and add your photo(s).
2. Make your photos public; set the privacy on your photo to Anyone (Public).
3. Tag each photo with "yoshitomonara".
4. Upload the highest-resolution image as possible; images may be featured on AsiaSociety.org and a hi-res image ensures the best quality.
5. If you have any questions about how to join Flickr (it's free!) or to tag your photos, see Flickr's FAQs page.
How it Works
1. The group pool will be moderated daily by Asia Society.
2. Asia Society reserves sole discretion over the selection of, and the decision not to select, any photo for the group pool.
3. A panel of judges from Asia Society will review the photo submissions on December 1, 2010 and select the winner eligible for a prize from AsiaStore.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe