- Get Pro
York Curiouser ADMIN June 11, 2015
Please identify and tag the photos. Also, if the photos can be made public for the time being anyway then we can use them to help promote York Curiouser 2015 while it's live.
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Sticky York Curiouser 2015-16 - Group Rules||alanf100||0||alanf100||6 years ago|
|Downloading of Images||alanf100||0||alanf100||6 years ago|
|Tagging Photos||alanf100||0||alanf100||6 years ago|
Group DescriptionA photographic archive of all things related to York Curiouser 2015-16.
Curious? Stop right here. The signs are everywhere, images flourishing in forgotten places, the walls flutter with them! The new and the old feed on each other. All that we thought blank and dank, opens. Catch the city in the corner of your eye and enter it.
York Curiouser curates new artworks in a range of media in hidden corners of the city, working with contemporary artists and academics to realise installations that temporarily reimagine the city.
York Curiouser 2014 was a huge success. Nearly 40,000 people visited artworks or participated in events. Now we are working towards making York Curiouser 2016 happen. During 2015, York Curiouser is researching artists, making funding applications and testing ideas for developing the project, in workshops, artist-led talks and events for the Festival of Ideas in June. York Curiouser is listening to its partners and audience to plan for what York Curiouser 2016 might look like.
In June 2015 we are putting on a programme of events in association with the Festival of Ideas 2015. In particular, we will re-install In Between by John Wedgwood Clarke on the walls of York’s passageways that inspired the poems, and we have commissioned a new poem, about stained glass. This will be chalked in the little alleyway at Bedern/Goodramgate.
Group RulesThis is an "Invitation Only" group but you are welcome to request to join the group by contacting the group administrator(s).
By joining this group you agree to observe the following rules :-
- Images must be directly related to the "York Curiouser 2015-16" project.
- Images related to artwork locations, the artists work, and general Curiouser activities and events are also acceptable.
- Please identify and tag the location or event for photographs so that they are easy to search. Please see separate post on tagging.
- Maximum photo size to upload is 4Mb.
- Inappropriate photographs will be removed at the discression of the group administrator(s)
Thank you for sharing your images.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe