Yahoo Studios ADMIN December 4, 2015
This week we profile Emily Ibarra. She travels the world photographing freerunning/parkour athletes, often at extreme heights, while they perform stunts that would leave most athletes in other sports weak in the knees. Watching her boyfriend dangle off a skyscraper by his fingertips is just another day at the office for Emily. Her passion calls viewers to embrace the adventure of living in the moment. Watch here
Group DescriptionYahoo! Studios wants to feature you and your amazing photos in our video series "The Weekly Flickr." Each episode will showcase the work of one or many members within the Flickr community and will sometimes involve an interview with featured photographers.
We are looking for your photos that amaze, delight, and inspire. Occasionally, we will also ask you to share very specific photos around a particular holiday or event.
By adding your photo to this group or joining this group, you are granting permission for Yahoo! to publish your photo(s) submitted in the pool of this group. Yahoo! Studios video producers will regularly review all submissions in this group for publication in Yahoo!'s webpages and videos. The terms in the Group Rules govern Yahoo!’s use of your photo(s) on a non-exclusive basis; you still retain the rights to your photos.
We ask you to limit the photos in this group to really interesting photos and to photos that we've specifically requested. Of course, interesting doesn't have a strict definition, so submit what you consider worthy, and we'll see what our editors think. One Caveat: any submissions to this group that editors deem unacceptable will be removed from the group and not considered for Yahoo! features.
This is a great opportunity to share your photos with the Yahoo! audience and promote your photographic talent.
Your contribution is much appreciated!
Group RulesPlease read and agree to these Group Rules before submitting content to the Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos (‘Group’).
1. This Group is run by Yahoo! Inc. ("Yahoo!") and by joining this Group you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time be binding between you and Yahoo!.
2. You retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group; Yahoo! simply requests a nonexclusive license (per the terms set forth in this paragraph) to use your photo(s). Our aim with this Group is to feature these photos in connection with relevant editorial content, but, it may also be the case that your photo(s) is featured in other areas of Yahoo!, and, for that reason, the scope of the license under this paragraph is sufficiently broad to allow Yahoo! to use the photo in any of our Services (as that term is defined below).
Again, you retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group, however, you perpetually grant to Yahoo! a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such photo (in whole or in part) in connection with Yahoo! Services (defined as the collection of resources offered by Yahoo!, including without limitation various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through Yahoo!’s network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed).
3. By adding your photo(s) to the Group, you represent and warrant to Yahoo!, that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) your photos are an original work taken by you; (c) your photos are free from any third party rights; and (d) you have the full right and authority to grant the rights herein granted in all media throughout the universe; and that no one else's permission is required.
4. If an editor deems your submission unacceptable, your photos will be removed from the Group. Moreover, please refer to our “About” page to understand the origin and purpose of this Group.
5. When your photos are displayed on Yahoo! Services, Yahoo! will include an attribution crediting you and, where possible, include a link to your account on Flickr.
6. You consent to allow Yahoo! to contact you through Flickr Mail regarding any inquiry Yahoo! might have related to your submission to the Group.
7. Yahoo! shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. Yahoo! reserves the right to cancel the Group if deemed necessary at any stage.
8. This agreement shall, for all purposes, be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to and will hereby submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the State and federal courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
This is a great opportunity to share your photos with the Yahoo! audience and promote your photographic talent. We hope you join our Group today.
Your contribution is much appreciated!
- Members can post 5 things to the pool each month.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art
- Accepted safety levels: Safe