westonbirtarboretum ADMIN October 28, 2016
Westonbirt is currently a photographers delight with a gorgeous array of colours flooding the arboretum! We are sharing many of your pics in the Welcome Building so that other visitors will be able to see your amazing images. If you'd like to share pictures more directly, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionOur Welcome Building is a hotspot for those wanting to discover more about Westonbirt.
We are planning a series of new exhibits for the Welcome Building, including a mosaic of hundreds of photos of the arboretum. Together these images will form a large map of the arboretum. Visitors will be able to use an associated touch screen computer to learn more about the arboretum through the images, thereby gaining a deeper understanding of Westonbirt.
THE MOSAIC MAP HAS NOW BEEN PRODUCED (summer 2014), BUT WE STILL WANT YOUR PHOTOS! WE HAVE A DEDICATED VISITOR SIGHTINGS SCREEN IN THE WELCOME BUILDING WHERE YOUR PHOTOS WILL BE SHARED WITH OTHER VISITORS!
We need images from all over the arboretum and we’d like you to upload your best Westonbirt pictures here.
Images can cover any subject from trees to flowers, landscape to wildlife, people at work to people simply enjoying their day! Photos don’t have to be recent – historic images are also useful.
If possible it would be great if you can give us a grid reference using the arboretum map grid, but a description of the location will do (e.g. path name, area, key tree/feature).
For further information about the Westonbirt Project please visit www.westonbirtproject.co.uk
Group Rules1. By adding photographs to this group, you give permission for Westonbirt Arboretum to use them in the Welcome Building, on printed and digital media.
2. Photos may also be used for general promotional purposes on other printed and digital media including but not exclusive to: websites, social media, leaflets, posters and press coverage.
3. An initial selection of images will be made by the Forestry Commission's team at Westonbirt, working closely with the interpretation company appointed to design features in the Welcome Building.
4. Once the initial image selection has been made, it is our intention that this group will remain open to entries to give an opportunity for contributions of images to be made on an ongoing basis. Subsequent selections may be made by Westonbirt's volunteers, or staff working for the Forestry Commission, Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum or an agency appointed by them.
5. A photographer credit will be included wherever possible when images from the group are used, although this is not guaranteed due to the nature of some design and media formats.
6. Photographs for use in the Welcome Building will not be sourced exclusively from this Flickr group - other sources including professional photographers may be drawn upon.
7. Adding images to this Flickr group is not a guarantee of inclusion in the Welcome Building or any other Westonbirt Arboretum materials.
8. Group members may add as many images as they wish to the group for consideration by the Westonbirt team.
9. Due to the number of images required for the Welcome Building interpretation, it will not be possible to contact each group member individually if their photographs are selected for use.
10. No prize or monetary reward will be offered for contributions to the group which are subsequently used in the Welcome Building or for promotional purposes.
11. Photography including children under 16 years may only be submitted with confirmation of permission from a parent or guardian that the child may be photographed.
12. Photographs submitted must have been taken at Westonbirt, The National Arboretum.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe