|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Admins - please revive this group||underdoug||0||underdoug||3 years ago|
|Error code 6||Cores da Chuva||0||Cores da Chuva||10 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis group exists to draw attention to websites which fail to work as expected and which prevent a user's task from being accomplished. The way an error message is presented can have a significant impact upon a user's experience with that website, so this group exists to let everyone explore how to make website errors a more pleasant and useful experience.
Website users can share their experiences when things go wrong.
Web developers can see what kinds of mistakes can happen when software is not written properly.
Marketing and software development and quality assurance teams can learn about and extrapolate the effects these problems have on the customer experience.
Websites can change over time, so just because a website appears in this pool it doesn't mean that you'll have the same problems when you visit it. Also, websites are like people in that they are diverse -- not all websites have the same goals, tone, human resources, hardware resources, software resources, and so forth. In other words, if a website's error appears in this pool that doesn't mean the website is horrible or the people who run it are negligent. There are lots of different kinds of errors, and there are lots of right and wrong ways to handle them. Be respectful, share perspectives, and let's make the web a better place.
1. Please post screen shots or photos of website errors that you have encountered.
2. Please include only those errors which prevent you from completing a task you were trying to do at that website. e.g., do not include overlapping text problems due to poor browser compatibility web coding unless those problems prevent you from doing something.
3. Websites and web services in pre-release (e.g., alpha, beta, gamma, etc.) are acceptable.
4. Please do not post falsified screen shots of website errors (even if they are humorous).
5. Please do not post errors unrelated to website operations.
6. Please do not post crashes or aberrant behavior (e.g., screen corruption) unless an error message is visible.
7. Please remove or digitally obscure any information that should remain confidential. In particular, URLs can sometimes include confidential information if you're logged in to an account, so remove or digitally obscure these if necessary or if uncertain.
8. Include or crop out browser chrome -- either way is fine.
9. If you can, please explain what you were trying to do if it is not readily apparent.
10. If your image is a screen snapshot, please remember to flag your image as such according to Flickr's rules.
11. If you know the date and time of the error, please include it -- this information could theoretically help the site owners resolve the problem. Mention your time zone if you include the time.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe