Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionPost your vintage vacation, honeymoon, day trip, and other excursion pictures from Split Rock Lighthouse.
Split Rock Lighthouse is celebrating its 100th birthday in 2010. That's a lot of history, and a lot of pictures. You can help the Minnesota Historical Society tell the story of Split Rock Lighthouse's first 100 years through your pictures.
Here are some guidelines of what we would like to see.
• Pre 1980 - Feathered hair and bell bottoms, or fedora's and trenchcoats. We want vintage photos.
• People - The story of Minnesota is the story of its people as much as it is its landmarks. We'd love to see any photo you have, but we'd really love to see some smiling faces.
• Stories - Tell us the story behind the picture. Please tell us who the people are, what year it was(approximately), and what are they doing at Split Rock Lighthouse.
This is not a contest, but photos submitted before March 31, 2010 may be selected by the site manager for inclusion in an exhibit to be on display in the Visitor Center lobby during the Centennial year, summer 2010.
Group RulesPost vintage photos from Split Rock Lighthouse in Two Harbors, MN
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe