USKSG February 24, 2014
This is the place to add your sketches for the world to see the beautiful work by Singapore-based sketchers.
Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionUrban Sketchers Singapore is a local network of artists who capture this little red dot, one sketch at a time, as we see it. We are the Singaporean branch of Urban Sketchers, a global community of artists who draw — from observation on site — the cities they live in and places travelled to.
Formed when Don Low, Andrew Tan, James Tan and Tia Boon Sim began sketching together, the group quickly grew with Dengcoy Miel, Paul Wang and many more joining. The group is now a hotbed for emerging artists to get involved in the local art community and grow with their peers.
Visit us at blog.usk.sg to see posts, and like our page on Facebook.
Group RulesPlease note that you should be:
1. Residing in Singapore, long-term (six months at least), OR
2. Previously lived in Singapore, and familiar with the local members of Urban Sketchers
When posting work, please note that:
1. It was done on-location, predominantly (only touch-ups or minimal colours added later).
2. It should be a sketch, in essence a quick study, as opposed to a full blown painting with complete rendering.
3. It is of, or specific to, Singapore.
4. If you are a Singapore-based sketcher travelling, feel free to share your travel sketches too.
We are not interested in:
1. Spamming by adding too many pieces to the pool at one go
2. Work that goes against the Urban Sketchers Manifesto
3. Junk postings of irrelevant images
So, ready to add your sketches to the pool?
Non-sketch work such as full paintings, oile
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe