|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Rencontre ville de Québec||legare2121||2||legare2121||6 months ago|
|bonne année 2018||Christou ou MCA-Vanidévi||0||Christou ou MCA-Vanidévi||7 months ago|
Group DescriptionSEE THE WORLD ONE DRAWING AT A TIME
Urban Sketchers is a group for all artist who love to draw the cities where they live and visit. We sketch from the window of our homes, from a cafe, at the park, or standing on a street corner. Anywhere you are, you can be sketching! We are committed to sharing our sketches, tips and tricks for other artists, and the stories behind what we're drawing.
Learn more about Urban Sketchers and our mission: here.
We aim to focus this particular group's pool on location drawings from Montreal and surrounding regions in Quebec. We reserve the right to remove any drawings that don't fit our mission. We also encourage members to write descriptions and stories associated with each sketch. Share you great drawing spots:)
If you're looking for people to sketch with, feel free to post here in the discussion threads, on our facebook page, or come out for one of our free Sunday Sketching events, every fourth Sunday. The latest event is always posted at the top of the blog:
Urban Sketchers Montreal
Urban Sketchers Global Directory
Group RulesBefore sharing your drawings in the pool, make sure they meet these basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
• Sketches of Montreal of surrounding areas of Montreal, Quebec.
• We are all about sketching on location, out in the real world. It's OK if you do a little retouch at home, or add some color to your drawing, but in general, we prefer sketching done on location.
• You have written the location of the sketch in the headline or caption OR placed the image on your public Flickr map.
• No sketches from classroom figure drawing or 'artificially' posed models. (People you capture on-the-fly are OK). We'd like to stay on the topic of field sketching.
The USk Manifesto:
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 12 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate