Group DescriptionSee WASHINGTON DC one drawing at a time.
This is a satellite group of Urban Sketcher, for all sketchers out there who love to draw the greater DC area. Whether you live here, are visiting, sketching from the window of their homes, from a cafe, at a park, standing by a street corner, your sketches are welcome here... always drawn on location, never from photos or memory.
The original USk group was created in November of 2007 by Gabi Campanario and set the foundation for the Urban Sketchers blog (Nov. 2008) and a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing (Dec. 2009.)
Learn more about Urban Sketchers' mission here and how to become a member here.
Before sharing your drawings in the pool, make sure they meet these 2 basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
• You did the drawing on location, not from photos or memory.
• You have written the location of the sketch in the headline or caption.
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time.
We aim to mantain the group's pool focused on location drawings from every corner of the greater DC area. We reserve the right to remove any drawings that don't fit our mission. We also encourage members to write descriptions and stories associated with each sketch.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe