Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionThe UI Pattern Factory is now Patternry. This change will also affect how we will use this Flickr group. We have uploaded all the relevant images from here to our server and use them in Patternry. This means that by adding pictures to our group here you can’t get them shown in Patternry. Meanwhile we will still update images here as we are not sure of Flickr’s role in Patternry.
Fresh and Illustrative User Interface Design Patterns
This group is for sharing examples of UI design patterns for UI Pattern Factory. UI Pattern Factory is a collection of Web design patterns, best practices, which helps designers to find inspiration and design better interfaces. This public Flickr group was created to allow everyone to share their examples and variations of UI Pattern Factory’s patterns, and in that way keep the patterns always fresh and up-to-date.
How do I share my pattern examples?
• First, join this group if you haven’t already (Only group members can contribute to the group pool)
• Take a screenshot or capture video of an interesting example or variation of one of our patterns, upload it to Flickr, describe it with a lot of notes and description text, tag it using the name of a pattern, and send it to the group.
• That’s it, you’re all done! The example screenshot/video should show up with the pattern in the library after we have reviewed and accepted your submission.
How do I suggest a new pattern?
• Take a screenshot, capture video, or draw an example picture of a pattern you think should be added to our library, and post it to our Flickr group the same way as you post example screenshots to existing patterns. Tag it with words that you think describe it best.
• We would also like if you would post it as an idea to the Pattern Ideas-forum. Don't forget to add a link to the example screenshot!
• We will review your suggestion in few days, and if it we think it has potential you'll see your suggestion in the UI Pattern Factory web site in the near future.
• We recommend you to license your photos under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
• Crop your screenshots. Don’t post screenshots of the whole UI if you want to illustrate a specific design solution. However, sometimes showing the context also is important.
• Best practices only, no anti-patterns please.
Questions? Drop me a note: email@example.com
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe