|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Tool Identify||Breadboy1965||0||Breadboy1965||7 years ago|
|makita group||knowledgeable quicksand (deleted)||0||knowledgeable quicksand (deleted)||9 years ago|
|Group icon||fretful riddle (deleted)||6||futuristic angle (deleted)||11 years ago|
|New group for Park Tool lovers||fixedgear||0||fixedgear||11 years ago|
|A publication for tool porn addicts||Patrick Barber||1||Patrick Barber||11 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis is a group about tools, lovingly captured. People are welcome to be in the shots (hello to our friends in FGR), but the shots should be about the tool.
Included in what we think qualifies are:
- Bike tools because bike tools are beautiful
- Automotive tools, the stranger the better
- Carpentry tools, especially damn big ones
- Masonry tools, ditto
- Writing tools, since pens are, as we know, mightier than swords, and pencils -- well, pencil geeks are in the upper echelon of tool geeks (Blackwing, anyone?), so feel free to add pencil porn
- Garden tools are excellent
- Electrical tools. Flukes count, jumper cables count, linesman pliers count. Van de Graaff generators do not, however, but that's cool cuz there's a group for those, too.
- Food tools and drinking tools, which, after several lovely submissions to the pool, the admins changed their minds about. Food and drinking tools welcome!
- Electronicalwhizbangdiagnostic tools. If you can take a truly sexy photo of a Tektronix oscilloscope, you'll be my hero and I'll pro'ly want to date you.
About knives: This is delicate. Weapons are not welcome here. Let's make that one thing clear. There's a big gray area wherein military knives and switchblades stand at one end of the spectrum and Swiss Army knives and outdoorsy multitools stand at the other. Kitchen knives, in all their myriad forms, truly are amazing tools. Knapped blades are among the original human tools and knapping is a very cool skill.
Where is the line drawn? Um... post and we'll see. If your submission is questionable, we'll discuss it, but the admin's decision is final.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe