Group DescriptionWelcome to The Night Writerz! Visit the Blog, join the Facebook Group and become a Fan, Follow along on Twitter, Discuss on FriendFeed Grab the Podcast from iTunes, Check out some links on Delicious, or just grab the RSS Feed.
This group is for the photographer who pulls out the camera when the sun is set. The value of time expands. Sodium vapor and mixed color temperature are sought after. Sometimes you work behind the camera, sometimes in front. The world is your canvas and you are the painter, the writer, the craftsman. Many of your tools vary from flashlights, lasers, spots, and gels. Other of you prefer existing sources such as street lamps, car lights, and claire de lune the light of the moon.
This is the peoples group, it's open for showcase, your voice, and your ideas. You can follow on Twitter, to contact and communicate with me about thoughts and ideas. I've created a Facebook Group in order to plan events and find other photogs in anyone's local area. Call 1-888-763-4671 and leave a recorded message, that I can use on the podcast. I reserve the right to use any recording... or to not.
For those of you that are new, don't hesitate to get in the mix. I want a platform, a gathering place where anyone can explore different techniques, and practice through assignments and contests. This group is for everything related to night photography, and it's techniques. If you are using night techniques in the day... ND Filters or whatever... feel free to share those shots as well.
I only allow one photo per day. The reason for this is to make you a fierce photo editor. We only want your best. You may note that I require your images to be geotagged as well. That's a personal choice, because I love to look at the map.
Once you've joined the group, please upload your images and videos to the group and bear in mind:
1. They must be your own original content: photos, illustrations or videos.
2. Please add tnw and thenightwriterz tags to the content's existing tags, which should be in English.
3. The Group Rules apply to your participation in the Group.
A few do's and dont's
• Make sure you read the Group Rules before you submit any photos. Uploaded content must be your own and you'll be giving tnw permission to display the image or video
• Upload your best night images, illustrations or videos to the group pool.
• tag your images with #tnw, be sure to include the # symbol.
• Feel free to post discussion threads (but please don't post and run), in English only please
• Report any problems to the group Admin
PLEASE DO NOT:
• Spam the group
• Post anything that you cannot claim authorship of
• Use inappropriate language or post nudity.
If you have any problems, please Flickrmail the Admin with the URL of the content you have an issue with.
Group RulesNOTE: I'm protecting your images and myself... I don't care to use your images outside the podcast or blog... I will contact you if for some reason that changes. Please note that the rules protect us both to avoid any problems
1. By sharing your image, text or video with the Group, you agree to these terms and conditions (“Group Rules”) and agree to abide by the Flickr Community Guidelines. Please read these Group Rules carefully, as they contain important information about what rights the CS Clark Photography, LLC (“The Night Writerz” or "TNW") will have to use your images, texts and videos. By uploading your image, text or video to the Group you are deemed to have accepted these Group Rules and agree to abide by them.
2. By sharing your images, texts or videos with the Group, in respect of each image, text and video you confirm that:
• it was taken and/or written by you;
• it is your own original work;
• sharing it with the Group and granting a licence in respect of its use as set out in these Group Rules will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party; and
• it does not contain any obscene, sexually explicit, violent, offensive, inflammatory or defamatory content or material.
3. By sharing your images, texts or videos with the Group, in respect of each image, text and video you grant to TNW and its successor’s in title a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to display your image, text or video (as it is stored on Flickr), on and in connection with the "The Night Writerz" blog/podcast, as long as your video(s) and/or photograph(s) is/are in the Group. This license shall be effective until 31st December 2009. (I will contact you if I want to use anything, and it will only be for the podcast or blog... I'm not going to abuse your images)
4. If your image, text or video is displayed on "The Night Writerz" podcast and/or from TNW’s server, your Flickr screen name and the title of the picture will appear with the image, text or video and there will be a link back to your original image, text or video as hosted on Flickr.
5. TNW shall not be obliged to display your images, texts or videos and shall not have any liability to you for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
6. TNW reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel "The Night Writerz" Flickr Group at any time.
7. We normally show your Flickr user name with your image, text or video contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. TNW may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects.
8. Where you are in breach of any of these Group Rules or any breach of third party rights or any claim that your image, text or video caused damage, you agree to be fully responsible for any liability suffered by TNW, its licensors, contractors, employees, directors, consultants or agents in relation to that breach. This clause shall survive any termination of these Group Rules and/or your use of "The Night Writerz" Flickr Group or in connection with the TNW blog/podcast.
Just be cool
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe