Coffee_Break ADMIN October 6, 2008
This week's theme is REVIVE. Please tag photos with themerevive. Limit your pool submissions to 3 per theme. Any additional photos may be added to the theme discussion thread.
Group DescriptionWe take and post photos with a new theme (or topic) every week. Each Sunday an admin announces a theme for the week. For the next seven days, members take one or more photographs which somehow address or fit the theme for the week. You may post up to three (3) pictures to the group each week. All photos posted during a given week must somehow suit that week's theme. Once the next week's topic is announced on Sunday, the previous theme contest is closed, and no more photographs on that theme may be submitted.
You may post up to three (3) photos per member. Please don't post more than three photos in the pool for any one theme. (The group has previously agreed to enforce a posting limit using Flickr's group admin tools.) If you want to post more photos on the theme, you can add the tag for this theme so they will show up in tag searches or, alternately, post extras to the theme discussion thread. As far as the pool goes, however, please limit it to three per theme.
If you would like to submit an older, "archival" photo, you may submit just one pre-existing image, as long as it is your own original work. If you have a second archival image that is really, really perfect, you can include it. But we encourage participants not to rely too heavily on older photos from their collections.
And, as always, please invite any of your contacts or friends who might enjoy participating in this group. The more, the merrier!
Be advised that this group has no tolerance for photo dumping. Any photos put in the pool and in more than 10 other groups without being properly tagged will likely be removed unless its relevance here is completely obvious. Every attempt is made to be fair about this, but arbitrary dumping of photos ruins the concept for those who want to see theme-related images. The group administrators have no patience for that kind of inconsiderate behavior. Photo dumpers will be booted from the group without warning.
Group RulesThe Weekly Theme group welcomes all participants, but we ask that you abide by a few simple rules.
1. Post no more than 3 images per theme to the group pool. If you have more than 3 you want to share, feel free to post extras to the discussion thread for that theme.
2. Tag your images. Each theme comes with a unique tag. Please use it. Not only does this help us sort theme-related images into appropriate groups, but it helps our moderators out when removing unwanted images from the pool. Sometimes, it's hard to see how a given image relates to the current theme, and the addition of a tag helps.
3. Do not photo dump in our pool. If your image is posted to more than 10 other groups and isn't tagged and isn't relevant, expect it to be removed. Repeat offenders will be shown the door.
4. If a moderator removes your image, please ask why before submitting it again. Re-submitting images after they have already been removed will just cause headaches for all involved.
If all that sounds reasonable (and we think it does) please come on in. We look forward to seeing your particular take on each week's theme.
- Members can post 6 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe