Group DescriptionA game based around honest photo critique, but also a community of friends discussing photography & many other topics.
THE MAIN RULES
B) Don't be a complete ass.
Flickr Blog: The Icebox Group made a book!
The Philly Icebox Book II Launch Party
Finish these off?
Almost stuck to The Fridge?
The rest of the rules are at the bottom of the page.
In memory of Dave L. Hohler
Rest in peace Paul Baker, prb10111
We lost Ludie Cochrane
The Icebox Book
What's your story?
Cubes you've met
Reading & watching & so on
Have a great Flickr story?
Pending Fridge members
Pending Fridge photos
Group RulesTHE MAIN RULES
B) Don't be a complete ass.
THE OTHER RULES
1) Vote on about 10 other photos for each one submitted, preferably right before you post. On each shot, you gotta vote "cool" or "uncool." Cool is good, uncool is bad.
2) When you vote, leave a comment too. Make sure the comment includes cool! or uncool! Some comments are really helpful, but most are lame! Better to leave good comments & criticism, but as long as there's a comment it qualifies - don't be yellin' at us if you just get 7 people saying bogus.
3) Tag your votes! If the photo is chill, cool, or outstanding, tag it cool, cool2, up to cool7 and beyond. If the photo sucks, is bogus or just average, tag it uncool, uncool2, up to uncool7 and beyond.
4) If you get cool7 before you get uncool5, you win dude! Don't do anything until an admin or mod tags it with the special "iceboxcool" tag. You'll then be invited to stick it to The Fridge. You have to have 2 more cools than uncools, so 7-5 gets in but 7-6 doesn't. Voting continues past 7 until the lead opens to 2 or voting reaches 10 (10-9 moves on, regardless of which way it goes). You are welcome to remove photos voted "uncool" from the pool once their fate is determined.
5) You can't delete votes, comments or tags while the photo is in the pool, no matter how rude. Just chill out, ride out the storm, and delete the comments after it gets booted. Or pull it out of the pool early, although someone may post it in the premature ejectulation thread.
6) Don't use the replace photo feature while the photo is in the pool. That's just not cool!
7) Don't block group members because you don't like their Icebox comments.
8) Dude, keep your wicked put downs in the group. Don't take revenge on their stream. That would be so uncool.
You ready to chill? Not many rules in the threads, it's a most-things go group. But we're all ages. Flickr only allows "safe" images in threads. No threats, harassment or anything else that violates Flickr rules. In fact, let's just make it no personal attacks of any kind.
Come on in & chill. Just don't be a complete ass.
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate