Group DescriptionSHOW THE WORLD ONE DRAWING AT A TIME
Welcome! See our blog urbansketcherstacoma.blogspot.com/
or Facebook page events www.facebook.com/groups/UrbanSketchersTacoma/
for locations and times of our group outings.
This is a group for all sketchers out there who love to draw the cities where they live and visit, from the window of their homes, from a cafe, at a park, standing by a street corner... always on location, not from photos or memory.
The original Urban Sketchers group was created in November of 2007 by Gabi Campanario and set the foundation for the Urban Sketchers blog (Nov. 2008) and a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing (Dec. 2009.)
Learn more about Urban Sketchers' mission and how to become a member here
Before sharing your drawings in the pool, make sure they meet these basic criteria and they are done in the spirit of the Urban Sketchers Manifesto.
• You did the drawing on location, not from photos or memory.
• You have written the location of the sketch (town and state/country) in the headline or caption OR placed the image on your public Flickr map.
• No sketches from figure drawing sessions or posed models.
URBAN SKETCHERS MANIFESTO
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time.
We aim to maintain the group's pool focused on location drawings from every corner of the world. We reserve the right to remove any drawings that don't fit our mission. We also encourage members to write descriptions and stories associated with each sketch.
Group RulesOnly sketches drawn on location and with identification about where they were drawn should be submitted to the pool. If the sketches don't meet these requisites the administrator reserves the right to remove them immediately. Please also consider adding a few words in comment about the sketch. Tell us a little more of the story or link to your blog post about it.
CHANGE in our rules as of 6/29/14: Members of Urban Sketchers Tacoma are now allowed to post sketches they've done in other locations as well as what they've done in Tacoma/Pierce county area.
By sharing your sketches here you accept that they may be featured at the Urban Sketchers group blog
( www.urbansketchers.com ) with a link back to your Flickr pool and blog if you have one.
1. Follow the Urban Sketchers manifesto, in the ABOUT THIS GROUP section.
2. Sketches that will be removed: Nude or Figure Studio sketches, still life sketches without context, people sketches that do not show a context.
3. Include location information in at least one of these locations: on the sketch, in the comments, in the tag words.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe