Group DescriptionStoke-on-Trent is an old, but not quite forgotten, industrial city in the North Midlands sandwiched between Manchester and Birmingham.
Whether you live, work, play, or just pass through sunny Stoke, join up, add some photos of our marvelous city to the group pool, and join in the group discussions. Let's fill the pool with photos of everything to do with Stoke, such as its dereliction/regeneration, architecture, pottery industry, terraced housing, green spaces, people, football ... well, just whatever Stoke means to you.
There are no restrictions on types of photos you can add, but keep them on topic (we have no way of knowing that picture of your latest mobile phone was taken in a terrace in Shelton, and it isn't particularly relevant to the group, for example).
In addition, we run photo competitions every so often, with notable entries emblazoned on this front page. Photos submitted to these should try to show something a little more artistic than your average snap shot. Push yourself, use them as an excuse to try something you wouldn't usually, or to show us all how incredibly talented you are.
Group RulesJust a few quick things we'd like to let you know ...
• Please only add photos of the city of Stoke-on-Trent and to some extent Newcastle-under-Lyme. Other photos of the surrounding area should be stuck in the Staffordshire group.
Sometimes there are exceptions to this rule, for example if there are particular projects that look for submissions of a range of different types of photographs. These will be accompanied by a discussion thread and it will be made clear.
• We will not tolerate personal attacks in the forums. If you have a problem with someone send them a private Flickr mail message. Like Flickr HQ say, it is OK to swear as long as you’re not offending, insulting or harassing anybody.
• Once you've joined up, please take a moment to read the "How the Group Works" thread (there's also a link on the front page).
The most important thing you need to know is that you will automatically be made a moderator of the group within a couple of days of joining (often straight away, if an admin is online). Before you freak out – this does not mean you have to actively moderate the group in any way! All it does is ensure all our members are equal and that this is YOUR group, run by you and for you. You may contribute as much or as little as you like, and are never under any obligation to actively mod. However, if you want to, you can :)
You can, of course, 'demote' yourself to member status again, if you take umbridge to the little orange M next to your name, by going to the Admin panel from the link at the top of the page and finding your name in the mod list. If you do choose to do this, please contact an admin to let them know so they don't bump you back up to moderator again – no one likes an endless cycle of button-pushing!
• Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
- Members can post 20 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate