|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Who won||Monaghan GAA||1||Alex Gilliard||9 years ago|
|Please Put QUESTIONS Here...||napp_news||72||Mike Olivella||9 years ago|
|Additional Information from Mike Olivella||Mike Olivella||5||Mike Olivella||9 years ago|
|Liability Statement||napp_news||0||napp_news||9 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis Group is for people entering the "Shoot on the Sidelines with Scott & Mike" contest.
Amateur photographers: here is your chance to win a "dream assignment" of a lifetime!
Upload your ONE (1) best sports-related shot by Friday, August 21st, 2009. The winner will be chosen and announced on Scott Kelby's Blog on Monday, August 24th.
If your shot is chosen as the winner, here's what's gonna happen in Septemper:
- On September 11, Scott Kelby & Mike Olivella will fly you down to Tallahassee Fl and put you up in a hotel.
- They will take you out to a fat steak dinner, where you will talk sports photography to your heart's content.
- The next morning, on September 12th, you will go with them to an FSU College Football game at Doak Campbell Stadium with full media credentials where you will shoot the warm up from the sidelines right along with Scott & Mike! In front of roughly 82,000 rabid football fans!
- What's more, they're gonna set you up with a big fat professional lens like the pros have (Full glass... Yeah!!!) to use for the day from our friends at lensprotogo.com/.
- During the game itself, you'll spend most of your time as Mike's assistant. Here's where you will get first-hand experience of what it's like being a professional sports photographer! You get to experience the game from the sidelines like a real pro sports shooter and go home with your memory cards packed full from the whirlwind "assignment." Plus, you'll probably gain a couple pounds because that full media pass means that you'll have access to the really sweet buffet set up folks don't normally talk about.
Sorry folks. This contest is only open to amateur photographers. If you make your living full-time as a professional photographer, this is not the contest for you. The whole idea here is to give an amateur photographer the experience of a lifetime and let them do something they may normally never get the chance to do.
Now, we know we made you agree to some rules before you joined this group, but let's go over them one more time.
- This contest is NOT open to professional full-time photographers
- Your ONE photo upload to this group serves as your one and only entry.
- Just like in professional sports, there are NO do-overs!
- Just as there is no crying in Baseball, there is no whining in this contest.
- Your photo entry can be of ~any~ sport (not just American Football)
Last but not least...
PLEASE enter this contest only if you will actually be able to make the last-minute plans necessary to BE at the game on September 12th. This means, flying out on the 11th and returning on the 13th. Part of the whole "dream assignment" means you have to be ready to go at a moments notice.
Group RulesI understand that this contest is NOT open to professional sports photographers
I understand that the ONE photo I upload to this group serves as my one and only entry.
Just like in professional sports, there are NO do-overs!
I will not whine as it is unbecoming of a sports photographer to do so.
I understand that if I win this contest I must be able to actually ~be~ at the game on September 12th. After all, there are no do-overs!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe