!Shot by Scott! ADMIN June 13, 2011
This is not a political group—please keep political discussion out of the forum. Also, please don't sell anything here, it is against flickr and group policies.
This group is the place to discuss Sony Alpha interchangeable lens cameras (i.e., DSLR, SLT, ILC), their use, and anything related to them (lenses, flashes, etc). We would also love to see your photos so add them to the group!
Basically the group rules are to be a polite and help where you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to post photos in the group (discussions & photo pool)
- What lenses can be used on a Sony A-mount camera? Where to find information on them?
- Basic flash use
- Wireless flash set-up and flash adapters
- List of available 1:1 MACRO lenses
- How (and why) to use old manual focus M42 lenses on a Sony Alpha?
- What do DPI and PPI mean? Should I care?
- What to do if you get a “LITHIUM battery only” error with a vertical grip?
- Common composition guidelines
Also remember the search function (in the top right corner of the page); you may well find the answer to your question there!
Promoting the group
If you'd like to link back to this group, copy and paste the following HTML code:
<a href="https://flickr.com/groups/sony_alpha/">α - Sony Alpha Cameras</a>
α - Sony Alpha Cameras
Group created on April 21, 2006
Group RulesGroup Guidelines
The Photo Pool
Please feel free to post your photos taken with a Sony Alpha camera in the Photo Pool. There is no particular topic—just whatever your eye and your camera capture! Please keep in mind;
- This is a work friendly / family friendly group. Please do not post anything that might be considered offensive or that would get someone in trouble at work (nudity, gross stuff, etc).
- You may post 3 photos per day to the photo pool. The group has grown significantly as the Alpha has become more and more popular—a posting limit makes this group much more enjoyable to for everyone.
The Discussion Board
The discussion board can be a great place for you to discuss all sorts of things related to Sony Alpha and photography in general. Please feel free to begin new discussions as well as regularly participate in on-going discussions.
- Please refrain from name-calling and rudeness in any form.
- Do not SPAM the discussion boards with advertisements. Especially don't sell anything here.
- If you need some help with how to post one of your photos in a discussion, see the explanation on how to do that.
Basically, adhere to flickr's Community Guidelines when you post photos or participate in discussions.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate