This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionSew a pair of shorts for yourself or your little one and enter to win fabulous prizes! The Shorts on the Line Sewalong is being hosted June-July 2013 by imagine gnats
and small + friendly with fabulous prizes from these great sponsors: Jo-Ann, Pretty Prudent/Pellon®, and Hawthorne Threads.
Okay ladies (and gents) the rules are quite simple:
1. Sew (or knit/crochet) a pair of shorts. Adult and child sizes welcome. Anything that shorter than a pant (capris, clam diggers, bloomers, swim trunks) is considered fair game.
2. Shorts must have been completed in 2013, be sure to have your entries in the flickr pool by July 6th.
3. Upcycling and refashion are encouraged, but simply chopping off a pair of jeans won't win you any fabulous prizes.
4. Enter to win by submitting no more than three pictures (per shorts) to the flickr group. Be sure to add a description (links to blog posts are okay), the more we know about what you did the easier it will be for us to be impressed!
5. You may enter as many shorts as you can sew!
6. Guest posters are welcome to enter, but those items sewn for your guest post will not be considered for the prizes.
7. For consideration, photos must be added to the flickr group by 9pm EST on Saturday, July 6.
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Craftsmanship: high quality construction, nice finishing
2. Creativity: design, fabric choice, unique style
3. Wearablity: functional, well-fitting
4. Presentation: nice photos, cute styling
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe