Join the group to start a discussion!
As Barack Obama is sworn in as President of the United States of America, we are more mindful than ever of the Promises for Peace he made to the American people during his campaign, especially his promises to:
1. End the war in Iraq.
2. Shut Down Guantánamo.
3. Reject the Military Commissions Act.
4. Stop Torture.
5. Work to eliminate nuclear weapons.
6. Hold direct, unconditional talks with Iran.
7. Abide by Senate approved international treaties.
We will be the string around his finger that reminds him to practice what he preaches and deliver the change our country so desperately needs.
Please post photos photos with your Promises for Peace ribbon, photos with messages of Peace to Obama, and photos of why peace is important to you.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe