- Get Pro
Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionRead Captions Across America (RCAA) is the first national reading event to put emphasis on the importance of captioned media (e.g., broadcast, Internet, DVD, CD-ROM) as a reading tool for all children, not just those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Launched by the Described and Captioned Media Program in 2006, this effort resulted in a huge success, as thousands of students have participated in this event since its inauguration.
We invite you to join us in the nation’s largest reading event by taking part in RCAA. RCAA is based in part upon the National Education Association's Read Across America which was established to direct the country’s attention to the importance of motivating children to read and helping them master basic reading skills.
We hope that you take part in this year's RCAA event, scheduled for March 3, 2014 (the date of Dr. Suess's birthday), and remember to upload and share your RCAA-related photos in this Flickr group.
Group RulesToo many rules are no fun. That's why, here at the RCAA group, we have only three rules:
1) Follow the Flickr Community Guidelines
2) Always make sure you have permission from the people in your photos before you share them with the world (especially if they are minors, in which case you'll want to be sure you have the permission of their parents/guardians)
3) Don't post anything in this group that wouldn't be appropriate for the average elementary school student to see. Any content that appears inappropriate for this demographic will be removed immediately.
Have a great time. Remember to turn those captions on!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe