- Get Pro
almiyi ADMIN October 28, 2015
This Flickr pool is for sharing images of rare birds photographed within the state of California and offshore waters to the 200 nautical mile limit. Please read rules for posting in the Group Description before making contributions. Thanks for sharing.
Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionThis Flickr pool is for sharing images of rare birds photographed anywhere within the state of California and offshore waters to the 200 nautical mile limit.
Any image(s), video or similar media supporting documentation of rare birds in CA are welcome. To add photos to this pool please consider the following criteria:
1. Any species on the CBRC Review List (see: www.californiabirds.org/review.asp )
2. Any new or potential first state record not yet on the Review List
3. Any ABA Area Code 3 and greater (see: www.aba.org/checklist/abachecklist.pdf )
4. Any ABA Area Code 1 or 2 if it is generally considered "rare" or out of range in any part of California where the photo was taken. A potential first county record, documentation of a bird typically absent from the location where photographed, or a seasonal vagrant generally considered to be rare. Examples: Laysan Albatross (Code 2), Ovenbird (Code 1) or Nelson's Sparrow (Code 1), not found on the CBRC Review List but considered "rare" are acceptable additions to the pool (use your best judgment)
5. Limit uploads to a select few that depict the bird
This pool is not intended for photos of common yard or feeder birds, but feeders are acceptable if the bird in the photograph meets the above criteria. Photos not meeting submission criteria will be deleted from the pool. Administrator(s) reserve the right to remove photos at their discretion. Don't use this pool to assist with identification of a bird. Other groups are available for this purpose. Please title photos with at least the species' common name and add notes in the comments field to provide useful information about when and where the photo was taken. You can also use the "Add this photo to your map!" link to indicate where the photo was taken. Consider using Tags to make the images searchable using a variety of key words such as the location, county, common or scientific name, etc. All photos remain the property of the photographer. If you have copied an image for uploading to the pool please indicate the photo is being used with permission.
To use any of these images for embedding into your eBird checklists see the following instructions, and consider linking to your complete eBird checklist in the comments field:
If you are not a Flickr user but have photos to share you can contact the administrator account set up for collecting photos at email@example.com. All photographers will be credited for the use their images. As photographs are located in Flickr accounts you may receive an invitation to include your image in this rare bird pool. Your willingness to share is appreciated!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe