Group DescriptionWe are holding a contest inviting photographers - amateur and avid alike - to submit their favorite pest photos for a chance to win big. If you have a great photo of a cockroach, a swarm of stinging insects or a sneaky rodent, send them our way! This contest is open from August 15th until October 15th, 2011.
Group RulesBEFORE YOU ENTER, READ THE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES BELOW.
BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THE NATIONAL PEST MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION’S PRIVACY POLICIES, AVAILABLE AT THE CONTEST WEBSITE, AND THAT YOUR ENTRY AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST WILL BE SHARED WITH THE SPONSOR, THE NATIONAL PEST MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION ("SPONSOR").
OPEN TO ALL THOSE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ELIGIBILITY AREA”) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to all those who are 18 years of age or older. The following individuals are not eligible: employees of the National Pest Management Association (“Sponsor”) or Arc Intermedia, Vault Communications, Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) of each such employee, contractor, director or officer.
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: You may enter the Contest between 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/15/11 and 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/15/11 (“Contest Period”).
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, go to "https://www.flickr.com/groups/pestworld/ (“Flickr Site”) during the Contest Period and click on “Add Phots” to submit a photo.
CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT: The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) invites eligible participants to submit their favorite photography of pests to the PestWorld Photography Contest. Photography cannot be commercial and promote the use of a particular product or company. Photography can be uploaded to the PestWorld Photography Contest Flickr Group at "https://www.flickr.com/groups/pestworld/".
The winning entry will receive a $1,000 check. All finalists will be posted to our PestWorld.org finalists’ page in October 2011.
Judging Criteria (“Judging Criteria”) is as follows:
(#1) Originality and Creativity – 40%
(#2) Adherence to Creative Assignment – 40%
(#3) Overall Appeal – 20%
All copyrighted material will be removed
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 10/15/11.
Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or forfeit Submission it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
The person uploading the Submission will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one (1) person who owns the email address associated with submitted materials. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one (1) person as the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. Neither Sponsor nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest.
Each individual Entrant is allowed an unlimited number of Submissions as long as the same (or substantially similar) Submission is not uploaded more than one (1) time throughout the Contest.
Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per entrant and/or email address throughout the Contest Period.
Each Submission must be the original work of the entrant produced for this Contest; it may not have been entered in or won previous contests or awards; it may not have been published previously in any medium; it must not infringe any party’s intellectual property or other rights; it must be suitable for display and publication on national television (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity or profanity); it must not contain obscene or pornographic material, it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any animal/insect, person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
Each Submission must not feature or refer to any specific pest control products or services; it must not feature or reference any other third party trademarks (with the exclusion of Sponsor assets provided on the Web site), and it must not feature or reference any names or third party logos (other than the Sponsor’s logo).
Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant).
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged; however, such review does not relieve entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of the Terms of Service and these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply with the Terms of Services or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered for the grand prize. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Submissions are eligible to take part in this Contest and be considered for the Finalist Prize. Certain Submissions may be featured from time to time on the Website during the Contest Period, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Submission is unrelated to the Judging Criteria and does not guarantee selection as a Finalist in the Contest.
By entering this Contest and uploading your Submission, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor and its agents the unconditional and perpetual right to post, display, publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Submission in any way, in any and all media, for any purpose, without limitation, and without consideration to you. All Contest entrants further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and the Contest Parties from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes on the rights of Entrant’s work as contained in any Submission.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) finalist Submissions (each a “Finalist”) will be selected by a judging process in which a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”) will evaluate each eligible Submission based on the judging criteria set forth above. In the event of a tie for the tenth Finalist spot, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed to break the tie. The ten (10) Finalist Submissions will be posted for the public on PestWorld.org. All Finalists are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion of release forms (described below). If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Finalist cannot be verified, or if a Finalist is otherwise unable to accept prize, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Finalist provided sufficient time remains, in Sponsor’s discretion.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Finalists, by acceptance of the Finalist Prize (defined below), agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Contest Parties, as well as each of their respective parent and affiliated companies, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, advertisers and sponsor from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim relate to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of their prize, including but not limited to the airing of the video Submission.
5. TEN (10) FINALIST PRIZES: Each finalist prize (“Finalist Prize”) consists of bragging rights as a top performing photographer in the PestWorld Photography Contest and winning entries will be publicly posted to "http://www.PestWorld.org".
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize Winner’s Submission will be posted to sites referenced above in the finalist prize and will also receive a $1,000 check in USD.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. The Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, the entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, or any travel related thereto.
8. WINNERS’ LIST/RULES REQUEST: For the names of the Finalists or Official Rules, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by 11/1/12 and received by 11/15/12 to: PestWorld Photography Contest, c/o Vault Communications, 610 W. Germantown Pike, Suite 160, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
9. SPONSOR: The National Pest Management Association, 10460 North Street, Fairfax, VA 22030
© 2009 The National Pest Management Association
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe