|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|How to tag your photos||Kew Gardens||2||bevm1066||8 years ago|
Group DescriptionIMPORTANT: It is important that you read and understand the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group Terms and Conditions.
By adding your photo to this group, you accept the Flickr Group Terms and Conditions and give Kew permission to display your photo on www.kew.org/trees in connection with the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway.
The People’s Arboretum is part of Kew's Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway website. Photos placed in this group may also be displayed in the People’s Arboretum on the Kew website.
This Flickr group is for your photographs of trees both in Kew Gardens, Wakehurst Place, and around the world. You can add photos of any species of tree to this group, but only those currently listedin the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway database may be displayed on the website gallery.
To see your photo displayed in the People’s Arboretum you will need to add your photos to the group, and make sure they are tagged with the complete scientific species name(s) of the tree(s) shown. The latest 20 photos of each of the species will be displayed in the species galleries on the website.
You can also see your photos on the website’s interactive globe. To do this, simply place your photos on Your Map in Flickr's Organise tool.
Group RulesBy sharing your photograph with the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, managed by Kew, you agree to the Terms & Conditions (see below).
Please tag each photograph with the relevant scientific species name: e.g. “abies pinsapo” or “acer campestre”, based on the list of species available on the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway website.
Please respect the Flickr Community Guidelines.
If you agree to these Rules, you may join the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group.
Terms & Conditions
1. By sharing your photograph with the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, you agree to these Terms & Conditions and agree to abide by the Flickr Community Guidelines.
2. Before sharing your photos with the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, please read these Terms carefully. They contain standards which you must comply with, and important information about what rights the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew ("Kew") will have to use your photographs.
3. By sharing your photos with the Kew People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, in respect of each photograph you confirm that:
• it was taken by you;
• it is your own original work;
• sharing it with the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group and granting a licence in respect of its use as set out in these Terms will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party; and
•it does not contain any obscene or defamatory content or material.
4. By sharing your photos with the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, in respect of each photograph you grant to Kew a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, licence to display your photo (as it is stored on Flickr) on Kew's website and/or from Kew's server (including in a live gallery) where such display is connected with Kew's Treetop Walkway. This licence shall apply for the period during which the photo is posted in the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group. If you remove your photo from the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, this licence will automatically terminate and your photo will no longer be displayed on Kew's website. If your photo is displayed on Kew’s website and/or from Kew’s server (for example in a live gallery), your Flickr screen name and the title of the picture will appear with the photo.
5. Unless Kew has contacted you and obtained your express approval, Kew will only use your photo(s) by displaying it on Kew’s website and/or from Kew’s server (including in a live gallery) whilst your image is in the People's Arboretum Flickr Group and where such display is connected with Kew's Treetop Walkway website.
6. Kew shall not be obliged to display your photographs and shall not have any liability to you for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
7. Kew reserves the right to cancel the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group at any time.
8. Your personal information will only be used and, where necessary, disclosed to third parties for the purposes of running the Treetop Walkway website and otherwise in accordance with the Kew online Privacy Statement.
9. You are reminded that it is a term of entry to Kew's gardens that photography at Kew and Wakehurst Place is permitted for non-commercial purposes only.
10. By entering your photo to the People’s Arboretum Flickr Group, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
11. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, these terms and conditions.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art
- Accepted safety levels: Safe