|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|ASSIGNMENT #3 (Sept. 11-Oct. 5, 2012)||Rebecca Norris Webb||0||Rebecca Norris Webb||3 years ago|
|ASSIGNMENT #2 (July 1-August 31)||Rebecca Norris Webb||1||KWinRC||3 years ago|
|ASSIGNMENT #1 (June 1-June 30, 2012)||Trent Bailey||0||Trent Bailey||3 years ago|
Group DescriptionOUR DAKOTA
An Online Photography Community
June –September 2012
This online photographic community will give people an opportunity to respond photographically to Rebecca Norris Webb’s “My Dakota” exhibition at the Dahl in Rapid City, South Dakota (June 1-Oct. 13, 2012). Group members will be given three photography assignments from Rebecca Norris Webb and her creative partner, the Magnum photographer Alex Webb, over the course of the exhibition. The assignments will be first posted on the “Our Dakota” online Flickr group on June 1, July 1, and Sept. 1st.
This online group will culminate in the group slide show, “Our Dakota,” with a selection of photographs from the Flickr group curated by the Webbs and their assistant, Trent Bailey, who is also the Flickr group’s administrator. The “Our Dakota” slide show will be shown both at the SD Festival of Books in Sioux Falls (last weekend in Sept. 2012) and at the Dahl before the Webbs’ joint slide talk (Friday, Oct. 5, from 7-9pm).
Those who decide to sign up for the Finding Your Vision Weekend Workshop @ the Dahl with the Webbs (www.thedahl.org/fall-adult--teen-art-classes.html) are encouraged to bring the results of one or all of these assignments in the form of prints to the workshop the first weekend in October 2012.
Group Rules1. Members should be 15 or older (unless under the supervision of a teacher)
2. When joining the group, please submit your full name, where you are from, your relationship to South Dakota, and your email address and website (if you have one)
3. Members need to have a relationship to South Dakota, such as someone having lived, worked, or went to college in South Dakota; someone who is living in South Dakota now; someone with relatives from South Dakota; someone who has traveled to South Dakota; or someone who has been influenced by photographs or films or novels or poetry or painting or sculpture or other art form created by a South Dakota artist.
4. Although we would prefer these assignments to be photographs taken in South Dakota, they don't necessarily have to be photographed in South Dakota, as long as the person is responding creatively to the assignment and/or to Rebecca's "My Dakota" photographs and text pieces, since "My Dakota" is as much an interior, poetic landscape as it is a physical landscape.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe