Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionThe South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conferences & Festivals offer the unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies. Fostering creative and professional growth alike, SXSW® is the premier destination for discovery.
Flickr is the Official Online Photo Management sponsor of SXSW 2013.
Please read and agree to these Group Rules before submitting content to Official SXSW Flickr group (“Group”).
1. This Group is run by SXSW, LLC and by joining this Group you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time and thereafter be binding between you and SXSW LLC
2. You retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group. Both SXSW, LLC and Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!) simply request a license (per the terms set forth in this paragraph) to use your photo(s) as follows:
(a) With respect to SXSW, LLC, you grant to SXSW, LLC a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such photo (in whole or in part) for purposes of communicating to the public events, activities, news and other coverage or promotion of the SXSW Festival and Conference.
(b) With respect to Yahoo!, you grant to Yahoo! a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such photo (in whole or in part): (i) in connection with Yahoo! Services (defined as the collection of resources offered by Yahoo!, including without limitation various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through Yahoo!’s network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed); and (ii) for purposes of communicating to the public events, activities, news and other coverage of the SXSW program. This license shall only apply to photos submitted to this Group on or before March 31, 2013 and shall remain in effect until July 31, 2013.
3. By adding your photo(s) to the Group, you represent and warrant to SXSW, LLC and Yahoo! that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) your photos are an original work taken by you; (c) your photos are free from any third party rights; and (d) you have the full right and authority to grant the rights herein granted in all media throughout the universe; and that no one else's permission is required.
4. If an editor deems your submission unacceptable, your photos will be removed from the Group. Moreover, please refer to our “About” page to understand the origin and purpose of this Group.
5. To the extent Yahoo! uses your photo, if possible, (a) Yahoo! will include an attribution crediting you; and (b) include a link to your photo on Flickr. If Yahoo! desires to use your photo outside the scope of the license (let’s say, for example, within a print advertisement), Yahoo! will contact you to secure your permission.
6. You consent to allow Yahoo! to contact you through Flickr Mail regarding any inquiry Yahoo! might have related to your submission to the Group.
7. Yahoo! shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
8. SXSW, LLC reserves the right to cancel the Group if deemed necessary at any stage.
9. This agreement shall, for all purposes, be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to and will hereby submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the State and federal courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
10. SXSW, LLC may update these rules from time to time without notice to you and any such changes are effective upon posting on this page.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe