This group discussion is for members only.
Congratulations to the winning photo, "Pit Head" by davydubbit:
The judges were impressed by the quality and variety of the entries, and decided to also award 'Highly Commended' to Vic Sharp's photo "Pentlands from the Air" and tattie-bogle's photo of Windsor Drive in Penicuik:
All three photos illustrate different aspects of Midlothian, and show that the county means different things to different people!
Details of the competition:
“My Midlothian” photo competition
A digital photography competition for amateur photographers of all ages.
We are looking for a photograph which sums up what Midlothian means to you.
- Theme: My Midlothian
- Closing date: Thursday 30 June 2011 (now closed)
- Judging: Friday 1 July 2011
The winning photograph will be printed in the September edition of “Midlothian News” and posted on the homepage of this Group. It will also be featured in the Midlothian Council website www.midlothian.gov.uk
•All photographs entered must have been taken in Midlothian, Scotland
•All entrants should be amateur photographers (ie you are not paid for a job as a photographer)
•Entrants can be any age
•Closing date: Thursday 30 June 2011
•Theme: My Midlothian
•Tag: Please add the tag “My Midlothian” to the photograph
•You can enter up to 3 photos
•All photographs should be ‘family friendly’
•Photos should be at least 1024pixels on the longest side
•By entering your images in this group you agree to grant us royalty-free non-exclusive use of your material in any way we want and in any media, most likely the Midlothian council website, www.midlothian.gov.uk and the “Midlothian News” newspaper. However, you'll still own the copyright to everything you contribute, and we'll aim to publish your name alongside anything published wherever possible. Midlothian Council cannot guarantee that all pictures will be used and we reserve the right to edit any material provided.
Group Rules1. All photographs entered must have been taken in Midlothian, Scotland
2. All entrants should be amateur photographers (ie you are not paid for a job as a photographer)
3. You can enter up to 3 photographs
4. All photographs should be ‘family friendly’
5. Photos should be at least 1024pixels on the longest side
6. By entering your images in this group you are also allowing for this work to be shown on the Midlothian council website, www.midlothian.gov.uk
7. By entering your photos you are also allowing for the image to be printed in the “Midlothian News” newspaper
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe