|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Viewing *animated* group photos||∗gone||2||Taymaz ValleyPRO||7 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis group is for images shot with the Tate Muybridgizer app for iPhone.
If your image is Muybridge-inspired but not made with the Muybridgizer, there are other Muybridge groups on Flickr :)
This group's photographs may be displayed on Tate Online.
By adding your photo or video to this group, you are giving Tate permission to display your photo or video on Tate Online.
Eadweard Muybridge was one of photography’s early pioneers. An eccentric innovator, he found ways around the limitations of early cameras to create world-famous images of animals frozen mid-motion.
To settle whether a galloping horse ever had all four hooves off the ground at once, Muybridge created a new, super-fast shutter for a bank of cameras along a racetrack to catch the horse at the crucial “flying” moment.
Muybridge created hundreds of photographic sequences of animals and humans in motion, but also put these stills back into movement. He created a system to re-animate his photographs: painting them on to glass discs and projecting them through his zoopraxiscope, a projection lantern and forerunner of drawn animation.
Eadweard Muybridge is on display at Tate Britain until 16 January 2011.
Group RulesPlease read and agree to these Group Rules before submitting content to the Muybridgizer Group (‘Group’).
(i) By adding your content to the Group, you confirm to Tate that your submitted content is:
• consistent with the Flickr Community Guidelines;
• it is your own original work;
• it does not contain or reference any third party trademarks;
• sharing it with the Group and granting a licence in respect of its use as set out in these Group Rules will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party; and
• it does not contain any illegal content or material.
(ii) You understand and agree that the content you submit to the Group will appear viewable by visitors to the Group and may appear on Tate Online (only via the Flickr API and in connection with the Muybridgizer Flickr Group) as long as your content is in the Group.
(iii) You consent to allow Tate to contact you through FlickrMail regarding any request Tate might have related to obtaining permission from you to use your content for purposes outside of the Group or on Tate Online.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe