Culture24 ADMIN August 25, 2010
Our article about the winning photos in each category is here www.culture24.org.uk/places+to+go/museums+at+night/art82242 - well done to the winners, and thanks to everybody who took part this year!
Group DescriptionAbout Museums at Night 2010
Culture24 need you to help us create an online photographic archive and exhibition of Museums at Night 2010. We want you to photograph the action where you are and upload your best shots to this group so that we end up with a unique visual record.
All photographs need to be tagged with the venue, date and category, plus the #museumsatnight tag.
The event is open to all UK residents. Only people personally connected to the judges are unable to enter. Members of staff at participating venues are welcome to enter. Museums at Night weekend runs from Friday May 14 until Sunday May 16 2010. The selected photographs for the Culture24 exhibition will be announced in July 2010.
There will be three categories – nightscape/action/objects:
1. Nightscape: Images of places and venues at night.
2. Action: Capture what is happening in the venue.
3. Objects: Pictures of museum and gallery artefacts or objects, or any other ‘still life’ picture.
Your photograph may also be chosen to be part of an online exhibition on Culture24.
A panel of photography experts will select the best photographs for a unique online exhibition on Culture24 in July 2010.
Group RulesFull terms and conditions
Judging Panel & Shortlisting
A panel of expert judges will set the criteria for judging. Culture24 will take responsibility for short-listing the photographs with no more than 30 pictures per category.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The exhibition is organised by Culture24 ("Culture24).
2.By entering your photograph to the "Museums at Night" Flickr group, you declare to Culture24 and any media partner that the photograph was taken by you and is your own original work which will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of a third party.
3. Entrants must ensure that any third party copyrighted material contained in a photograph has already been cleared with the copyright holder.
4. All photographs submitted on the “Museums at Night” Flickr group may be displayed on Culture24’s website, in relevant museums as part of Museums at Night exhibitions; and on any media partner’s website and photographs may be used in online and offline material to promote Culture24 or Museums At Night campaign and all entrants give Culture24 and any media partner a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to use their photographs for such purpose.
5. All images must be a minimum of 500kb in size.
6. Photographs must not contain obscene or defamatory content or material.
7. In order for your photograph to be short-listed, it must be tagged with one of the exhibition's themes (nightscape, action and objects).
8. In the event that your photograph entered on the “Museums at Night” Flickr Group is short-listed by Culture24 as part of the final 90, you give Culture24 and media partner a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to use your photograph for the following purposes:
- Your photograph may be displayed on Culture24’s website, relevant museums or their websites, and in media partner’s website.
- Your photograph may be archived in perpetuity on Culture24 Online.
- You give Culture24 permission to download the high-resolution version of your photograph for the purposes of archiving the final selection of images.
9. Neither Culture24 nor media partner shall be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
10. Culture24 reserves the right to cancel the event if deemed necessary at any stage.
11. Because of the volume of users expected to participate in the project, we are unable to reply to Flickr Mail messages. If you wish to contact Culture24, please do so through our contact page.
12. In the event that your photograph is chosen to be displayed on Culture24’s website, it will be displayed along with your Flickr screen name and the title of the image.
13. In the event that your photograph is selected to be included in the final 90, we will contact you through Flickr Mail and you will be given the opportunity to choose to have your real name included in place of your screen name. If you do not respond to this email, Culture24 will be obliged to use your Flickr screen name.
15. By entering your photograph to the “Museums at Night” Flickr group you are deemed to have accepted the above terms and conditions.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe