This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionThis group was established for photographers to submit their entries to Mechanics Savings Bank (MSB) 2016 Moving Places and Spaces Photo Contest. Winning photographers will receive $100 for the use of their photo in the MSB 2016 Calendar.
Invite friends to join the group and share their photos! Copy/paste this URL: www.flickr.com/groups/msb2016/
Please see Group Rules for full details.
Group RulesEntry deadline is 5:00 p.m. EST, Thursday, October 22, 2015.
To enter, log onto www.flickr.com/groups/msb2016/ and upload your photo(s).You will need to use an existing yahoo account or establish one. Detailed instructions are listed on our website: www.mechanicssavings.com.
• Photographs must be Maine scenes within Mechanics Savings Bank’s communities in Androscoggin and Cumberland Counties. Specific locations of interest include: Auburn, Lewiston, Brunswick, Windham and surrounding towns. Capture what moves you. Spring, summer, fall, and winter. Daytime. Nighttime. Landscapes, waterscapes, cityscapes, Main streets, downtowns, villages, local landmarks, historical places, and everything in between. But no people.
• Must be a legal adult, age 18+ to enter and win cash prize.
• Please do not include people in your photographs. Photos including people will not be considered.
• Photos must be high resolution (300 ppi).
• Photo uploads must include: photo location, photographer’s name, and email/phone number. (This is so we know how to contact you if your photo is selected.)
• Only color photographs will be accepted. Black and white or sepia tones will not be considered.
• Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
• Entries submitted to the bank directly (via email, disc, or flash drive) will not be considered for the photo contest.
• Mechanics Savings Bank is not responsible for lost or improperly uploaded entries. It is recommended that you save high resolution copies of your photo entries.
• Contestants may enter up to three photographs.
• Photos submitted must be the entrant’s original work.Contestants may be amateur or professional photographers.Professional photographers will not be compensated for their submissions beyond any cash prizes they may be awarded as part of this contest.
Mechanics will select up to 13 photographs to include in our 2016 calendar and other published materials. Mechanics may select more than one photo from a photographer for use in the calendar. Photographers will have their name associated with their photo in the calendar. Each photographer with one or more of their photos selected for use in the calendar will be awarded a cash prize of $100.00. Only one cash prize per selected photographer will be awarded, regardless of how many of their photos are selected for use in the calendar. Selected photos will be announced on or before November 2, 2015.
RELEASE/PERMISSION TO USE PHOTO(S)
By submitting an entry, contestants agree to the terms of the Release/Permission to Use Photo(s) described below that gives Mechanics Savings Bank full rights and use of the selected photos. Winning photos may be used in our calendar, future advertising, annual report, lobby displays, social media outlets, and on Mechanics Savings Bank’s website.
By submitting photographs electronically to the Mechanics Savings Bank Moving Places and Spaces Photo Contest, the contestant gives Mechanics Savings Bank (the “Bank”) permission to use photo(s) for the purpose of creating a 12-month wall calendar for the year 2016. In addition, the Bank has permission to use my name and said winning photo(s) for the purpose of promoting the calendar, which might include press releases, newspaper, radio and television advertisements, announcements on the Bank’s corporate website, or other means by which the Bank chooses to promote this calendar. The Bank reserves the right to contact me in the future for additional permissions.I will not authorize nor allow any other business to use my winning photograph(s), in any of its media promotions from October 31, 2015 to December 31, 2016.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe