This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionThe Real Magnum
"Magnum is a community of thought, a shared human quality, a curiosity about what is going on in the world, a respect for what is going on and a desire to transcribe it visually."
Magnum Photos is a photographic co-operative of great diversity and distinction owned by its photographer-members. With powerful individual vision, Magnum photographers chronicle the world and interpret its peoples, events, issues and personalities.
For inspiration you can find the Magnum site here and of Magnum member Elliot Erwitt here. Feel free to browse through the websites of the other legendary Magnum members. You can find 'm in the photographers section.
The purpose of this group is to show anyone that this kind of photography is present here and of a Real Magnum level. The collectors will do their best to find these photos between the zillions posted. The preferrable color is B&W, though color is allowed.
1. In essence, only the best Magnum style photos should end up here in this group. The Real Magnum is our one and only benchmark.
2. This is an INVITATION only group. Your photo must be invited by a current Magnum Magnitude group member to post here. Without an invite that also includes a faved, tagged and commented upon photo from your stream, you won't be able to post and become a member.
3. Once a member, ONLY photos that have been faved and commented on with the word MAGMAG by a member of this group and also tagged by a member of the Magnum Magnitude group with the tag MAGMAG can be posted here. Members cannot invite their own pictures.
4. If it doesn't have a MAGMAG comment from a member of this group and a fav from a member of this group and a MAGMAG tag it will be deleted without prior notice.
5. Same for new members, new members without complying to (4) will be removed from the group without prior notice.
With your help...this can be a repository of the truly best photos from Flickr's brightest documentary photographers... This group strives for top quality not top quantity.
Use the following INVITE. Copy the following in its entirety:
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/magnummagnitude/"><img src="https://static.flickr.com/107/301770550_7fe5c7df62_t.jpg" /></a> Your work has been recognised as Magnum quality. I have faved and tagged your picture with <b>MAGMAG</b> and this serves as an invitation. Please click the logo to get in, read RULES and have a chance to be in the book. New members: Please include the URL of this photo and don't forget to post this picture after acceptance.
I will look like this:
Your work has been recognised as Magnum quality. I have faved and tagged your picture with MAGMAG and this serves as an invitation. Please click the logo to get in, read RULES and have a chance to be in the book. New members: Please include the URL of this photo and don't forget to post this picture after acceptance.
Please add the following to your comments on pictures already on Magnum Magnitude.
Found in <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/magnummagnitude/"><img src="https://static.flickr.com/107/301770550_7fe5c7df62_s.jpg" /></a>
Note: Members can post 3 photos to the pool each day.
If we can reach the desired high Magnum quality, the collectors will do their utmost to publish the best in a special book.
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe