Shikibu (LP) ADMIN June 30, 2015
Voting for the 'Fiery' challenge has begun (exactly 5 votes per person). Entries now accepted for the 'Stack' (only 1 entry per person). See below for instructions. If you don't vote exactly 5 times, your votes are discounted. Next week's challenge theme will be 'Laugh'.
Group DescriptionEach challenge runs for two weeks – during the first week, you can submit your entry. During the second week, you vote on the entries submitted (no new entries will be accepted). Voting for this week's challenge commenced at 10am on 30 June 2015 (GMT) and closes at 10am on 7 July 2015 (GMT). The voting code for this challenge is below. The provisional leaderboard for this challenge can be found here. The winner will be notified on 7 July 2015 by FlickrMail. For full details and conditions of entry, read the Rules.
This group holds thematic photo challenges. Entries are currently being taken for the "Stack" challenge. Please read the rules below before submitting your photo. The prize is one Lonely Planet travel guide of choice for the first placed photo(s) in the challenge. Any problems, email the group Admin.
Voting for the "Fiery" challenge has begun.
No more entries accepted to this challenge. Voting finishes when the Admin checks the scores at 10am on 7 July 2015 (GMT). See the photos here.You are encouraged to add your personal reflections on the photos you vote for. Copy and paste the voting code below into the comments of exactly five different photos entered in the challenge (not your own) that most make you want to travel and entertain the theme of Fiery. (Remember, if you don't vote exactly 5 times then all of your votes are discounted. Also, make sure you paste all the code (it makes a link) or else the vote counter doesn't read it properly.) Here is the voting code:
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/lonelyplanetpublications/ "> This photo makes me want to travel and gets my vote in the Lonely Planet Publications group's #LPFiery challenge</a>If your photo receives 5 or more votes, please post a small version of it in this thread of leading photos. Also post your photo there if it is not coming up in the tag search. Flickr explains why your photo may not be captured in a search here. And Flickr explains how to post photos in threads here. Check out the provisional leaderboard with www.lonelyplanet.com/flickr/LPFiery
Submissions This Week: The "Stack" Challenge Rules
1) Join the group (if you haven't already).
2) To enter the challenge, submit 1 photo into the group pool, adding the tag "LPStack", also state where the photo was taken in the photo's description.
3) The image shouldn't have placed (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in any of the previous challenges run by this group.
4) No entries accepted after 11:59pm Monday 6 July 2015 (GMT).
5) It is a requirement of entering this challenge that you vote for exactly five photos in the "Fiery" challenge (see above).
6) Voting for this challenge begins in the second week (i.e. 7 July 2015 GMT).
7) Search this challenge's photos with this link.
8) The photo with the most votes wins.
9) Winners announced on 14 July 2015 (GMT).
10) No nudity.
How do I submit an image for Lonely Planet's consideration?
This Flickr group is for our photo challenge competition only. If you would like to submit an image for possible use on lonelyplanet.com (editorial use only), please join our other Flickr group, the Lonely Planet Contributor Pool. See that group for full terms and conditions."
Group RulesEach week we take entries for a new challenge, and vote for the entries submitted in the previous week.
1) Submit one photo to the group pool with the relevant tag given on the group's page.
2) Then vote for 5 photos submitted in the previous week's challenge.
If you have any trouble all the rules are explained in full on the group page. Or you can contact the group admin, Jane (LP).
Thanks for participating in the group.
Of course, you can add other travel photos to the group pool.
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate