Group DescriptionEach challenge runs for two weeks: during the first week you can submit your entry, and during the second week you vote on the other entries submitted (no new entries will be accepted during this time).
A new challenge begins each week, which means there will usually be one open for submissions and one open for voting at any given time.
Please check the group title, description and recent discussions for details of the current theme... all further rules and conditions of entry can be found below.
Welcome, and good luck - we can't wait to see your submissions! :)
Voting for this week's competition commenced at 10am on July 19, 2016 (UTC) and closes at 10am on July 26, 2016 (UTC). The voting code for this competition is below. The provisional leaderboard for the competition can be found here. The winner will be notified on July 26, 2016 by FlickrMail. For full details and conditions of entry, please read the rules.
Entries are currently being taken for the 'Digital' challenge.
Please read the full rules before submitting your photo. There is one Lonely Planet travel guide of your choice for the first placed photo(s) in the competition. Any issues, email the group Admin.
Voting for the 'Vignette' challenge has begun.
No more entries accepted to this competition. Voting finishes when the Admin checks the scores at 10am on July 26, 2016 (UTC). See the photos here.
Copy and paste the voting code below into the comments of exactly five different photos entered in the competition (not your own) that most make you want to travel and entertain the theme of 'Vignette'. You are encouraged to add your personal reflections on the photos you vote for.
Please remember, if you don't vote exactly 5 times then your votes will be discounted - this part is important! Also, make sure to paste the entire section of code (it makes a link), else the automated vote counter won't be able to read it.
Here is the voting code:
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/lonelyplanetpublications/">This photo makes me want to travel and gets my vote in the Lonely Planet Publications group's #LPVignette challenge</a>
If your photo receives 5 or more votes, please post a small version of it in the competition discussion thread. Also post your photo there if it is not coming up in the tag search. Check out the provisional leaderboard here.
Submissions this week: the 'Digital' competition rules
* Join the Flickr group (if you haven't already).
* To enter the competition, submit 1 photo into the group pool, adding the tag 'LPDigital' also stating where the photo was taken in the photo's description.
* The image shouldn't have been placed (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in any of the previous competitions run by this group.
* No entries accepted after 09:59am July 26, 2016 (UTC).
* It is an expectation of entering this competition that you vote for exactly five photos in the previous 'Vignette' competition (see above).
* Voting for this competition begins in the second week (i.e. 10am July 26, 2016 UTC).
* Search this competition's photos with this link.
* The photo with the most votes wins.
* Winners announced on August 2, 2016.
* No nudity please.
How do I submit an image for Lonely Planet's consideration?
This Flickr group is for our photo challenge competition only. If you would like to submit an image for possible use on lonelyplanet.com (editorial use only), please join our other Flickr group, the Lonely Planet Contributor Pool. See that group for full terms and conditions.
Group RulesEach week we accept entries for a new themed challenge, and also vote for the entries submitted the previous week.
1) Submit 1 photo to the group pool with the relevant tag given on the group page.
2) Then vote for 5 photos submitted in the previous week's challenge.
If you have any trouble all the rules are explained in full just above, and also copied over to the challenge submission topic opened each week. Alternatively, you're very welcome to contact the group Admin, Xanthei (LP), with any specific questions.
You can of course add other travel photos to the group pool, if you wish, and we welcome participation of all sorts.
Thanks for joining - we look forward to seeing your photos!
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate