Yahoo Editorial ADMIN December 12, 2012
See photos (no longer accepting new additions) submitted to this group in the "Flickr Picks" module at Yahoo! Sports London 2012 Olympics site. We started a new video series that features Flickr photographers. Do you deserve to be featured? Submit your photos to the Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos group for a chance to...
This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionThe spirit is in the air, and we want to know what it looks like where you are!
The Summer Games are more than what happens in the London stadiums, it's a global cultural phenomenon. We believe that what happens in the arena is just as important as what happens outside the arena, behind the scenes. Whether it's a photo of a crowded pub in London or a living room staged for viewing, we want to know what the experience is like where you are.
We invite you to add your photos related to the Games in London, U.K., which can include images of, but are not limited to:
- Scenes surrounding the sports venues
- Preparation for the Games
- Related events in your hometown
We will not accept submissions of photos taken inside the Games or from the action at the Games.
Yahoo! editors will review all submissions in this group for publication in the webpages of Yahoo! Inc. By adding your original photos into the pool of this group, you are granting permission for Yahoo! to publish your submitted photos. The terms in the Group Rules govern Yahoo!'s use of your photo(s) on a non-exclusive basis; you still retain the rights to your submitted photos. Any submissions to this group that the editors deem unacceptable will be removed from the group.
Finally, please note that The International Olympic Committee (IOC) does not sponsor or endorse this group. Olympic, Olympiad, the Olympic rings, Faster Higher Stronger, Citius Altius Fortius and related marks are owned by the International Olympics Committee, the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, or their related entities. This group is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of these entities.
This is a great opportunity to share your photos with the Yahoo! audience and promote your photographic talent.
Your contribution is much appreciated!
Group RulesPlease read and agree to these Group Rules before submitting content to Yahoo! Inc.’s Yahoo!'s Coverage of London 2012 Group (“Group”).
1. This Group is run by Yahoo! Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Yahoo!") and by joining this Group you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time be binding between you and Yahoo!.
2. Do not upload photos from the Olympic events or venues.
3. Olympic, Olympiad, the Olympic rings, Faster Higher Stronger, Citius Altius Fortius and related marks are owned by the International Olympics Committee, the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, or their related entities. This group is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of these entities.
4. You retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group; Yahoo! simply requests a nonexclusive license (per the terms set forth in this paragraph) to use your photo(s). Our aim with this Group is to feature these photos on Yahoo! in connection with relevant editorial content, but, it may also be the case that your photo(s) is featured in other areas of Yahoo!, and, for that reason, the scope of the license under this paragraph is sufficiently broad to allow Yahoo! to use the photo in any of our Services (as that term is defined below).
Again, you retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group, however, you grant to Yahoo! a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such photo (in whole or in part) in connection with Yahoo! Services (defined as the collection of resources offered by Yahoo!, including without limitation various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through Yahoo!’s network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed).
5. By adding your photo(s) to the Group, you represent and warrant to Yahoo!, that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) your photos are an original work taken by you; (c) your photos are free from any third party rights (for example that no party can claim a violation of publicity or privacy); and (d) you have the full right and authority to grant the rights herein granted in all media throughout the universe; and that no one else's permission is required.
6. If an editor deems your submission unacceptable, your photos will be removed from the Group. Moreover, please refer to our “About Yahoo!'s Coverage of London 2012” description on the Yahoo!'s Coverage of London 2012 homepage to understand the origin and purpose of this Group.
7. When your photos are displayed on Yahoo! Services, Yahoo! will include an attribution crediting you and, where possible, include a link to your photo on Flickr.
8. You consent to allow Yahoo! to contact you through Flickr Mail regarding any inquiry Yahoo! might have related to your submission to the Group.
9. Yahoo! shall not be obliged to display photos you submit and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. Yahoo! reserves the right to cancel the Group if deemed necessary at any time and for any reason.
10. This agreement shall, for all purposes, be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to and will hereby submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the State and federal courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
This is a great opportunity to share your photos with the Yahoo! audience and promote your photographic talent. We hope you join our Group today.
Your contribution is much appreciated!
- Members can post 6 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe