caryn74 ADMIN January 11, 2012
It's baaaack! Sign up and get swappin'!
Group DescriptionWelcome! This group is for contest entries, photo essays and images relating to the online non-conglomerates, lit-fuse.net, jamelah.net and friends. Also known as the annual Be My Awesome Valentine Swap.
Here are the Official Rules, courtesy of Jamelah:
1. This is NOT a CD swap. It’s for handmade valentines. In our world, handmade can mean going all out with construction paper, pipe cleaners and spray-painted macaroni, or it can mean hand-altered greeting/post cards. We’re flexible. Like bendy straws, which are also very handy craft items, by the way.
2. Sign up by Friday, January 20, 2012. You can sign up by sending an e-mail to either Jamelah (jamelah dot earle at gmail dot com) or Caryn (caryn dot stein at ymail dot com) and include your postal mailing address. We are partners in crime, so you don’t have to e-mail both of us. (Maybe say something like you’re signing up for the V-Day Swap in the subject line, just to be helpful.)
3. You will receive an e-mail from us by Monday, January 23 telling you who’s in your group and giving you their mailing addresses.
4. No more than 4 or 5 to a group.
5. Open to every country in the world! (If, say, you don’t want to do international shipping, then you can say so in your sign-up e-mail… but really, it’s just a card. A fabulous, wonderful card, however.)
6. Mail your valentines by Tuesday, February 7. This gives you plenty of time to make fabulous creations. This should also give your fabulous creations time to get to your groupies by V-Day. Except maybe if you’re mailing internationally, in which case, it’ll be, like, a President’s Day Valentine. Whee!
7. This should’ve gone up higher, next to the stuff about the valentines being handmade/hand-altered, but whatever. Hand-altered doesn’t mean that you just sign the inside of a card or the back of a postcard and call it good. Spend a little time being creative… draw hats on the people on your postcard with a Sharpie or something. Check the group pool and threads if you want a better idea of what kind of Valentines have been swapped in the past. I have faith that you can handle it.
8. If you don’t sign up, you’re dead to me. Yes, that is a rule.
9. Tell your friends and family! That’s a rule, too.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe