Group DescriptionFollowing the success of last year's Life on the Purple Loosestrife project, this year we will collect photos of things on Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum, Fallopia japonica, Reynoutria japonica, however you know it!), Giant knotweed (Fallopia sachalinensis, Polygonum sachlinense, Reynoutria sachalinensis) or any of their hybrids, cultivars or varieties.
1) Post ANYTHING you find ANYWHERE on the plant (insects spiders fungi or another plant).
2) Photo subjects need to be on some part of the knotweed at the time of the photo.
3) Post only one photo per individual - two individuals of the same bumblebee species is ok, but two shots of the same exact bumblebee is not. We are counting instances here. Go ahead and link to your extra shots but don't post them all to the pool.
4) I am removing the time restriction - go ahead and post any shot from any year. We need all the info we can get.
5) Please post geographic location, as specific as you are comfortable with.
6) I would like to use these photos for educational purposes (for example, I am currently putting together a poster from the Purple Loosestrife project that all photographers get a copy of). Because of this, I would like to request that all members place contributed photos under one of the Creative Commons licenses that allows derivative works.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe